shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD help for a yellow sapphire ring

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
I am working on a setting for a yellow/light yellow sapphire stone I have. I am looking to have a ring made in platinum with a yellow head for it. I want the prongs to look like flower petals similar to one of the DBL settings.

I am looking for thoughts from the community here or things maybe I should be taking into account? Initially I thought I wanted the top to be regular (only see prong tips) and the petals to be the fun part from the side view. The first CAD had larger petals that were noticeable from the top, I'm not totally against that, but I don't want the stone to be overshadowed by the metal. I have a second version with smaller prongs...wondering if now they are too small? Thinking maybe in between the two drawings size wise? I would appreciate feedback to help me make the best design choice.

large_petals.jpg

small_petals.jpg

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't really know anything about CADs, but the second version doesn't look like petals. I agrees that the first images look like petals, but the prongs look too big from the top view. Maybe they can make the petals as wide as the first pics., but taper them very quickly to a smaller size prong, such as in the second version?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the second one better just becuase the first seems to be swallowed by the metal of the prongs

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
It's hard to gauge how the smaller petals look given the angle.....I don't have tons of CAD experience....but thinking I need to ask for a view more from underneath?

I could abandon the petals and stick with normal prongs...But I like the idea of adding some interest since I'm skipping pave as I'm trying to keep the setting more budget friendly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results