shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for suggestions to peruse antique e-rings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockinred

Rough_Rock
This is my first post, but I''ve frequented this site for awhile...everyone is so knowledgable!! Anyway, I''m looking for suggestions for websites showing antique e-rings (more specifically, but not limited to, Edwardian designs). I''ve been married less than a year and my antique reproduction e-ring is "unstable" and needs to be re-set. *sigh* We bought it from an estate jeweler who apparently didn''t know a lot about jewelry. We suspect he just buys jewelry and isn''t a true jeweler knowing the nuts & bolts. It''s been non-stop problems (losing stones, the band snapping combined with HORRIBLE repair work). We ditched the guy who sold us the ring. I''ve consulted with several reputable jewelers who agree that the ring has serious stability issues and it''s ready for 3-4 stones to give way. Luckily, we''ve also been told by several very reputable jewelers that we didn''t overpay for the ring (retail pricing). It turns out that the setting is a 2nd generation casting that was not reinforced/built up for stability.

The center stone is a .99 carat, SI2, G (near colorless) round old miner''s cut. It has about .5 carats worth of very tiny diamonds around the crown style gallery. It''s a very unique setting and, even more unusual, it''s done in 14k *yellow* gold. I''ve tried unsuccessfully a zillion times to get a good pic. My wedding ring is a wide 18k hand engraved band with gypsy set diamonds by Armadani (it''s this band only in yellow gold & without the diamond "rails" on each side: http://www.armadani.com/index.php?content=styles&style=4&metal=pl&cat=2).

Anyway, I''m working with a very reputable custom jeweler (she was contracted to help HOF design their new manufacturing facility) in downtown Boston who''s done gorgeous work for several co-workers. I''m looking for ideas for the new setting - inspiration pieces to drool over. Even reproduction pieces (like whitehousebrothers.com) is good too. I prefer lacey, ornate rings with diamonds on the gallery and engraving on the band.

I love sites like www.faycullen.com and www.antiquesandestate.com which are full of ideas, but I''m looking for others that I may not have discovered yet.

ANY input/advice/links are greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
YOu should post this is Hangout or Show me the Ring and you will get more responses.. I think

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Try www.faycullen.com and even take a look at Tacori rings for some inspiration.

Good luck!!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a beautiful ring, rockinred, and I for one would love to see a picture. Have you tried the tips in the picturing takin threads? I''d love to see even some of your blurry attempts.

Would you want a remake of the original setting? If so, I''m sure that that can be done. Or it may be even more fun to incorporate some of your original elements with some from other estate rings. Either way, I''m sure this will be an exciting project for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results