shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
OH...MY...That is TO DIE FOR!!! Congrats on your new stunning bracelet!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, I love your new bracelet! Is it easier to put on and take off than the love bracelet?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
grateful4life|1462294973|4026594 said:
OH...MY...That is TO DIE FOR!!! Congrats on your new stunning bracelet!

So kind. Thank you. :)) :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1462295687|4026597 said:
Phoenix, I love your new bracelet! Is it easier to put on and take off than the love bracelet?

Thank you. :)) :))

Yes, definitely. It's completely different. It opens up into two halves, joined by a hinge. When you close it, you push the two halves together with one end going into the other (I can't really describe it..will try and take a pic for you tomorrow); and then you close the latch/ catch and voila! The mechanism is akin to that of a tennis bracelet.

This means you can take it off when you're not wearing it. The manager at VCA actually said I should do this, as opposed to wear it 24/7. He said he'd hate to see the bracelet covered up in soap residue.

The Love, as you may know, is screwed on and off and the two halves come completely apart. I actually considered the Love for several years but the thought of having to have it on 24/7 drives me a bit bonkers! :-o

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an absolutely stunning piece. I hope you enjoy every second you have it on. Will you just take random pics throughout the day so we can see it in action?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could never wear a full Love bracelet due to the abuse it would get, not to mention I would not care to sleep in a thick metal bracelet. I would choose the cuff, personally. But I love, love, love VCA bracelets the most of all for branded bracelets (I'd have every color Alhambra if I had endless money, even though I just said I am not wearing the one I have!). If I ever had the perlee clover bracelet I would be conscious of every second I had it on so that it would stay in pristine condition! :lol: It is too beautiful to get scratches!

VCA is interesting. I got my first piece of advertising in the mail about a week ago. It is beautifully presented and has a magical quality to the writing and presentation. I can see why people get hooked on it, as their pieces are especially exquisite.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I am a love bracelet owner (and all screwed up :lol: ), I have to tell you, I'm so happy that you went with this VCA bracelet instead. It is TRULY exquisite :love: , and looks like it was MEANT to be on your wrist! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1462339888|4026993 said:
This is an absolutely stunning piece. I hope you enjoy every second you have it on. Will you just take random pics throughout the day so we can see it in action?

Thank you!! I'm so utterly in love with this piece of jewellery, she's so whimsical and yet so magnificent at the same time, iykwim?

I've been taking some pics of the bracelet with the docs, box etc. and even shot some videos. I don't think we're allowed to post videos here, right?

I'll try and take random action pics. No promise but I will try, lol.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1462363797|4027060 said:
I could never wear a full Love bracelet due to the abuse it would get, not to mention I would not care to sleep in a thick metal bracelet. I would choose the cuff, personally. But I love, love, love VCA bracelets the most of all for branded bracelets (I'd have every color Alhambra if I had endless money, even though I just said I am not wearing the one I have!). If I ever had the perlee clover bracelet I would be conscious of every second I had it on so that it would stay in pristine condition! :lol: It is too beautiful to get scratches!

VCA is interesting. I got my first piece of advertising in the mail about a week ago. It is beautifully presented and has a magical quality to the writing and presentation. I can see why people get hooked on it, as their pieces are especially exquisite.

Funny you should say that, DS. I was wearing her on my right wrist today and when I opened the gate of my house, she got "banged" (very lightly) against the metal gate. Now, I'm thinking I will switch her around and wear her on my left wrist and leave my Patek watch take the abuse on the right wrist instead...well, the watch has got all kinds of scratches on it already!! :lol:

VCA pieces are really very exquisite. When I was at the store today to pick up the box and other documents, I tried on a couple of necklaces and let me tell you, I was positively swooning !!! :love: :love: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1462368474|4027091 said:
While I am a love bracelet owner (and all screwed up :lol: ), I have to tell you, I'm so happy that you went with this VCA bracelet instead. It is TRULY exquisite :love: , and looks like it was MEANT to be on your wrist! :appl: :appl: :appl:

PB, I love your sense of humour!! You crack me up each time, every.single.post!! :bigsmile: :lol:

I think that that is the main issue for me, the thought of having a bracelet screwed onto my wrist practically permanently, I don't think I could do that!!

I really am glad I went to VCA instead of Cartier. Mind you, I was THIS close to buying a Love bracelet (long story!! ;)) ).

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a love cuff so my comments are not meant to put down the Love. However...if I had the diamond perlee, it would be hard to go back to a Love. I think it's a good idea for you not to buy the Love now. I think you should just wear your gorgeous perlee and see how you feel with just that for a while. It may take away any desire for a Love, for a while at least. That bracelet is such a stunner. I would be staring at my arm all day and get absolutely nothing done. It is as you said exquisite. And that color just complements your skin tone and it also seems like a perfect fit, not too loose or tight. Did you say which size you bought?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1462373054|4027126 said:
I have a love cuff so my comments are not meant to put down the Love. However...if I had the diamond perlee, it would be hard to go back to a Love. I think it's a good idea for you not to buy the Love now. I think you should just wear your gorgeous perlee and see how you feel with just that for a while. It may take away any desire for a Love, for a while at least. That bracelet is such a stunner. I would be staring at my arm all day and get absolutely nothing done. It is as you said exquisite. And that color just complements your skin tone and it also seems like a perfect fit, not too loose or tight. Did you say which size you bought?

I agree with everything you've said, LLJsmom. I've told the SA at Cartier I'll take a pause for a while.

I bought the small. It's supposed to be 16cm, but I understand it's a smidgen smaller than the Love 16. Apparently, there are some slight variations in the sizing, due to the fact that each and every bangle is hand made (I don't know about the Love, so can't speak for that). It's still a tiny bit loose for me. I tell ya, I have the wrists of a child's!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a small wrist too, 5 inches. So the love is big on me. I tried the perlee and it is smaller than the 16 cm love. It fit me perfectly. And I just love the way the oval is shaped. It's a more rectangular oval then the love, I think. I can't wait to see more pictures!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1462292400|4026581 said:
My new love!! :love: :love: :love:

My very first VCA piece and am afraid to say may not be my last!!

Phoenix: stunning bracelet! I understand why you are so taken with it! Enjoy it in health!

cheers--Sharon

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1462437947|4027517 said:
I have a small wrist too, 5 inches. So the love is big on me. I tried the perlee and it is smaller than the 16 cm love. It fit me perfectly. And I just love the way the oval is shaped. It's a more rectangular oval then the love, I think. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Yes it is a smidgen smaller than the Love. I tried on the Love again today and indeed the Love slides further down my arm.

You're right. The Perlee is rather rectangular oval, not completely oval oval. I like that it's different.

I've taken more pics, but seem to have trouble posting. I'll try again...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1462453353|4027582 said:
Phoenix|1462292400|4026581 said:
My new love!! :love: :love: :love:

My very first VCA piece and am afraid to say may not be my last!!

Phoenix: stunning bracelet! I understand why you are so taken with it! Enjoy it in health!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you, Sharon. :)) :))

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock
Love, love your bracelet!! It is such a beautiful piece of jewelry. :love: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkles|1463630429|4033420 said:
Here are pics of my 20 motif yellow gold MOP and my white gold turquoise earrings. Need to find pic of my grey MOP holiday pendant.

:love: your VCA pieces. The MOP, in particular, is mesmerising.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1464425366|4037259 said:
luv2sparkles|1463630429|4033420 said:
Here are pics of my 20 motif yellow gold MOP and my white gold turquoise earrings. Need to find pic of my grey MOP holiday pendant.

:love: your VCA pieces. The MOP, in particular, is mesmerising.

Oh gosh, me, too!!!!!! Two of my very favorites (plus the black onyx)! :love: :love: :love:

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock
Thank you!! I love their jewelry, so understated but pretty. I think they are not as popular or recognized by the general public. Only few of my friends know of them and those who don't are astonished by how much they are value. Need to take pic of my 2015 holiday grey mop rosegold pendant and post it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkles|1464451137|4037356 said:
Thank you!! I love their jewelry, so understated but pretty. I think they are not as popular or recognized by the general public. Only few of my friends know of them and those who don't are astonished by how much they are value. Need to take pic of my 2015 holiday grey mop rosegold pendant and post it.

I am familiar with the holiday pendant and love it!!! I love the whole Alhambra line and most VCA, for that matter.

Most people I know would be clueless about this line. They would have a heart attack if they knew how much it costs. I almost have a heart attack myself, but I am trying to get over it because I need a couple of pendants at least to wear with my bracelet! :lol:

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock
I would love to buy more VCA as well but they are so expensive :(sad :(sad . Wish they are more affordable. Would love to get a turquoise pendant but am told by my SA that supplies are very limited.

Here's pic of my holiday pendant as promise. Grey mop with rosegold.

_3900.jpeg

_3901.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkles|1464627216|4038158 said:
I would love to buy more VCA as well but they are so expensive :(sad :(sad . Wish they are more affordable. Would love to get a turquoise pendant but am told by my SA that supplies are very limited.

That gray mop is amazing. I've never seen it before. Would you mind sharing a neckshot?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it all! :love: I have to say, the VCA Alhambra line is my favorite designer line, period. I do wish it were less expensive, too!!!!

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1464654060|4038308 said:
Love it all! :love: I have to say, the VCA Alhambra line is my favorite designer line, period. I do wish it were less expensive, too!!!!

Same here!! I would love to add the mop bracelet, Onyxe earrings and pendant, carnelia earring and the new rosegold sweet Alhambra to my collections. But these will have to wait since I just got my mom an expensive ring. And am still looking for my asscher stone.

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom|1464628891|4038171 said:
luv2sparkles|1464627216|4038158 said:

That gray mop is amazing. I've never seen it before. Would you mind sharing a neckshot?

Here's a pic with it on. Sorry for the bad lighting. Actually this is the 2014 holiday pendant and not 2015. Last year holiday pendant was a pale pink mop. I had requested to add 2 inch when I purchase it since I find the regular length to be too short. Had learn that when you request to add the additional 2 inch at time of purchase they don't charge. If you go back to add the 2 inch link, VCA would wanna charge. Believe it is somewhere between $200 to $400.

_3911.jpeg

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock
Sorry, need to learn how to post these picture properly.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkles|1464659589|4038347 said:
diamondseeker2006|1464654060|4038308 said:

Same here!! I would love to add the mop bracelet, Onyxe earrings and pendant, carnelia earring and the new rosegold sweet Alhambra to my collections. But these will have to wait since I just got my mom an expensive ring. And am still looking for my asscher stone.

Love love your MOP pendant, luv2sparkles. I haven't seen that before, it's very unusual.

I'd love to get other VCA pieces as well, at some point in the future. I tried on the Lotus btf ring yesterday at my local VCA boutique and I have to say I fell in love with it too!! It's magnificent!!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE seeing all the beautiful VCA pieces here! :love: I am obsessed with VCA right now. OBSESSED. Like scouring the Internet every day for images of VCA jewelry in the wild when I should be working obsessed.
I have the MOP sweet earrings and pendant and am currently ruminating over my next acquisition . . . . You ladies have certainly added fuel to the fire! Lol
Here's a picture of my earrings and pendant for the thread.

_37406.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results