carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I was trying very hard to be good last night. I LOVE hot cookies. I had 2 with my lunch today.

I love English Muffins for supper with a little butter on them. Either that or whole wheat toast with peanut butter.

Good idea to avoid the planned fire drill at work. Hopefully they’ll do an unscheduled one at work tomorrow since I’m not going in tomorrow. Ha!

Woo hoo for working a lot of extra days before reviews and bonuses coming out in the fall.

I had my work mostly done by lunch so I reviewed my procedure manual this afternoon. It’s a little booklet with most things my team needs to know. I update it and print it out about twice a year but it’s a real snoozer to proof in an afternoon. I would say I am half through it. I update it as changes happen so it’s more tweaking than anything.

I thawed chicken and hamburger for supper but Marty thought the chicken was from Monday so he threw it away before I got home. We headed off to Old Chicago for supper.

I have tomorrow off but will be hanging around the car dealer for hours. I did request a car so hopefully I can go goof off for a while. There is a nice jewelry store there with lots of designer rings so I might go see what they have.

Have a great Friday.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I hope your car's stay a the dealer is fast and inexpensive! I've been SOOOOO fortunate with my Lexus. It's 12 years old and I think all I've ever done is replace the brakes, tires (a couple of times), and get the oil changed. If I ever had a major problem at this point I would probably just trade it in because I couldn't justify a big expense on a 12 year old vehicle... but I'm hoping it last a lot longer since it's only got about 85,000 miles on it!

Last night the CB made flank steak on the grill and I had a kale salad with it... Then I had an English muffin. No idea what's up with that every night now, but I guess in the whole grand scheme of things if that's my carb I'm doing OK!

Today I might do some work I brought home with me... or I might not, LOL. I am going to swap out the fleece sheets for cotton ones, officially declaring winter over, and rotate the couch cushions, but that might be as much house stuff as I do. Tonight we're going to dinner at a friend's house. Taco fiesta!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, today's car damages were only $104. However come Tuesday it will be quite a bit more. They found my front rotors and brake pads environmental damage. They said it's not normal wear and tear, not defective but "something" has made them wet, fused, "rusty" looking and they need replaced. Naturally that mean it's not under warranty. His only suggestion what could have done this is the ice melt they have on the roads. My car has 23,000 miles, is in the garage every day and only goes to work, the store, and 50 or 100 miles away. Oh well, I want to get it fixed. Good news it wasn't a curb incident. :lol:

That is great your Lexus has been such low maintenance for you. That is great. We looked at Lexus when we bought our first Audi. We loved the leather they used in the seats - it was so incredibly soft. That sedan model we test drove was pretty gutless though.

Flank steak sounds great. I go through English Muffins phases about once a month. Small world.

Good plan to swap out sheets for summer. I took our flannel sheets off about a month ago. I cranked on the air conditioning when I got home today. If we both declare winter over then it must be so.

Have fun at dinner with friends tonight.

I got to the car dealer about 8:45. I borrowed a Q5 and decided I am too short for that SUV - I can't see over the giant side view mirror. I went to a Hallmark store because I needed a birthday present and the stopped at a jewelry store and tried on solitaire rings. All of their semi mounts have CZ in them but I tried on a 4 carat RB and 5 carat RB ring and a 4 carat PC ring. Holy door knobs on your fingers.

I stopped and had lunch before I headed home. I went to our favorite steak house but tried their daily lunch special. It was only adequate.

Since I got home about 1 pm I made an appointment to get my hair cut and I am working on laundry. Woo hoo to a good start on the weekend chores.

Marty went to the range to test his new clubs.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, are you having a busy weekend with real estate? Are you still having chilly weather? That wind here feels like it's coming off a glacier.

Rod, how are things coming with getting your place on the market? I hope it sells quickly for you.

We have been busy so far this weekend. We had our astronomy meeting last night and then my sister and BIL came to town today. Marty played golf and we all went to Olive Garden to eat at about 3. I didn't eat much today and I'm starved right now but hate to eat something at 7:45.

My sister brought 2 of her cut Montana sapphires and we went and picked out some semi mounts for them. She has a light green 6.5mm round that she picked out a rose gold mounting for; it is really going to be pretty. The other one was a little 4mm white/gray sapphire and she is putting it in a basic solitaire ring. She is all excited. These are from their bags of tailings they bought from some of the sapphire mines last fall.

Laters,
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a showing of our condo today, but the lady who saw it felt it was bigger than she is looking for. Then we went and visited with my dad, which was just so terribly sad. It was clear he didn't have much time left. And he didn't. We met my brother and SIL and showed them the new house, then went to dinner when the call came that he passed away.

Even though I've been prepared for this for some time, it just seems surreal. He was in so much pain that I know it's a blessing he isn't suffering anymore. And even though he wasn't religious at all, I hope he is now with my mother and all the family and friends who have passed before him.

Sad day to be sure.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It's still painful even if you know it is coming. It sounds like it was time and he is no longer suffering so I hope that is some comfort to you. That's nice you went to see him earlier today. I'd like to believe your parents and mine are somehow together again - that would be awesome. Hugs to you my friend. My thoughts are with you, Charlie, your brother and SIL.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Thinking of you today Rod.

Not much going on here today. Marty is working in his shop in the garage. I am working on laundry. Excitement at Chez M&M.

Have a great day.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a tough day. First, I barely slept last night. I now understand why people who lose loved ones are prescribed drugs. I wound up drinking a beer at 1:00 AM and still had trouble getting any sleep.

We went to the nursing home and cleaned out his room. I found that fun task odd, liberating and cathartic all at the same time. Nursing home staff kept coming in and hugging me, which made it more difficult to just get the job done and leave.

There wasn't anything of his I wanted. I did get his wedding ring, which is his first and only wedding ring, which he never once took off since he and mother married. Turns out it was inscribed with their wedding day, August 14, 1943 (but was hard to read as it was really worn). Everything else we donated to the nursing home to be given to people less fortunate than my father.

We're going back tomorrow to settle up his last bill and take them a cake to thank them for all the care and love they shared with him over the last 3 years.

When we left the nursing, I needed something to take my mind off everything, so we went appliance shopping, which I found nice. We need a refrigerator and washer/dryer and we fell in love with a French Door Samsung and a Samsung Washer and Dryer. We're going back to top load after having a front load washer for over 10 years, which tbh, I've never really liked. The new generation top load machines don't have an agitator, which is pretty cool.

I am taking the day off tomorrow. There are still things I need to take care of and even though there are no planned services for him, I just need an extra day before going to work.

I hope you all had a weekend far less stressful than mine.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am so very sorry to hear of your dad's passing. And please forgive me for being out of touch this weekend and not seeing this sooner. It was very kind of you to donate his things to people who are less fortunate and go take a cake over to the people who cared for him. Biggest hugs to you my dear friend.

Curby, your sister's new pieces sound lovely. Can't wait to see them.

This weekend was a blur. (I feel like I type that every Monday!) Friday I ended up sitting on the couch with a book and a cup of coffee until after 11 am and then I painted both my finger and toenails and then did not much of anything else. So much for the work I brought home. That night we went up to a friend's house for tacos. And booze. Lots of booze... Saturday the CB replaced my hot mater heater. The one that was there was 26 years old. Woah. Rather than wait for the thing to breech and flood my mechanical room we figured it was time to swap it out. Then we went to dinner with some friends at a seafood place. Sunday I did an open house and took a client to see something else. Then I went to the CB's building and his daughter made us burgers for a late lunch around 3:30 so no dinner for us (although I did have an English muffin around 7ish). I just read a book for a while after that and then went to bed. So really nothing too exciting this weekend.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Rod, I am very sorry to read about the passing of your Father.

Healing vibes across the miles--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I’ve been thinking about you. I am sorry you didn’t sleep well. I am glad you found going through your dad’s things liberating and cathartic. It odd how that feels. How sweet of people at the nursing home to come in and give you a hug. It sounds like a nice, caring place. I am sure they appreciated you bringing them a cake today. That was very nice of you to donate his things to others at the nursing home who can use them.

I am glad you got your dad’s wedding ring. Very cool. That will be a nice memory for you.

I am glad you are taking a day off; you will have some difficult days for a while. Hugs to you.

Your new appliances sound great. The Samsung French door refrigerators are nice. We bought one at Lowes and they dented 2 of them getting them to us then couldn’t get that model anymore so we got a GE Cafe series. We like it. We got the top load washer as well. I just didn’t want a front load. I heard too many bad things about them.

Dee Jay, my sister is so excited about her sapphire rings she can hardly stand it. They’ve done through about 12 of those bags. She brought me one to go through but I never went through - I don’t enjoy playing in dirt and rocks. They gladly went through the bag for me.

You did have a very busy weekend; I was tired reading about your zipping around here and there. It sounds fun though. Of course tacos and BOOZE got my attention.

I’m impressed your water heater lasted 26 years. That won’t happen with new stuff these days.

Hi Sharon.

I started my “chat” with my team today about improving their accuracy and met with the usual naysayers. I loved this circular logic - this one lady says no one likes to be told about their mistakes, isn’t it our job to fix them - so I said well how do you know you make a mistake if someone doesn’t tell you, isn’t that the idea to learn from your mistakes. Then I heard all we ever hear is what we did wrong. Sigh. I think I am going to throw it to them - you spend the summer figuring out how to fix this. My nagging, reminders, tracking, etc. hasn’t worked so far.

I am off again tomorrow to hopefully get my car fixed.

Have a great evening and Tuesday.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Everyone!

I'm taking another day off tomorrow. It's overwhelming how many things you have to do when a parent passes. From notifying Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, his supplemental insurance, banks, credit cards. It's simply dizzying. I have the VA nightmare maze to navigate tomorrow. Did you know it's virtually impossible to speak with anyone from the VA? And I need to stop them from paying his disability, because evidently the month in which you pass away, neither the VA, or Social Security Administration pays any benefit for that month. And if they do, they come after you to get the money back. So one would think one could let them know, so they won't pay and then come after you. But noooooooooooooo.......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad you are taking another day off. Dealing with all the notifications and paperwork is quite a challenge. Good luck with everything. The VA was a pain for me too. I think they sent me to like 8 places in that building before I found who actually could help me. I needed a copy of my dad's DD214 (?) for a military funeral and honor guard. The copy they had from my parents prepaid funeral was pure black so the military wouldn't accept it. Some of the credit cards want written notifications. They recommend you notify all the credit companies so no one tries to use their social security number in a case of identity theft. My parents had railroad retirement rather than social security and both of them died at the end of the month and that month's payment was pulled back out from their checking account. The retirement board told me they pay a month in advance so that is why they take the payment back. You'll probably find crap for months that needs taken care of but I found that kind of busy work kept me busy and occupied.

Keeping you in my thoughts. Take care of yourself. Big hugs to you.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I went through this sort administrative of thing when my grandmother passed, with the added joy of my mother and brother being involved and mucking things up. They would receive things in the mail and try to handle them and then when things went awry I got dragged into it. My mother for instance decided to blatantly disregard one investment company's instructions that the person had to be deceased for 30 days before submitting any paperwork (not sure why... dead is DEAD) and send stuff in about two weeks after the death. She also decided that a notary was just as good as a medallion signature guarantee and send in investment transfer paperwork and then got PISSED OFF at the company when they wouldn't do what she wanted because she hadn't followed their transfer instructions. Ugh. Anyway, I realize I just made this about ME instead of about YOU and I'm sorry! The who topic brought back a flood of memories and I got mad all over again, ha ha. My thoughts are with you and your family and Charlie.

Curby, you're so right about stuff not being made like it used to be! My grandmother's refrigerator lasted -- I kid you not -- for 50 years!!! Now... pfffft. You get about five minutes past the warranty on stuff and it craps out.

Last night I was walking home and came across my friends who have a baby and three of their friends sitting outside at a restaurant a few blocks from my house. So of course I sat down and called the CB and we all ate dinner there. Then the CB and I spent some time on the veranda with one of our neighbors and went to bed early. Oh the excitement abounds here in Chi-Town!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, hoping you got some rest last night and didn't run in to anymore hassles today. I've been thinking of you and your family.

Dee Jay, I ran in to that 30 day thing with the county clerk office trying to transfer the title on my dad's truck over to me. It had been 28 days - I wanted to ask - would 2 more days make any difference?

You got that right about things fizzling out as soon as the warranty expires. It's like they have an expiration day inside. I think my grandmother's refrigerator was about that old too. It worked great.

It sounds like you had a nice evening last night. Good deal.

I made it to the Audi dealer before 9 and they were done with my brakes by 10:30. The car stops smoothly now - sweet!

I met Marty for lunch when I got back to town and then we stopped at the grocery store. I watched a Discovery documentary about Sherpa's this afternoon. It was interesting.

Next week is another 4 day work week. I like this trend.

Laters,
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I got some much needed sleep last night. And today, I finally got through to the VA and just about everyone I needed to reach, so I'm going back to work tomorrow. We actually went furniture shopping this afternoon and found some things we'll likely get for the new house .

We were presented an offer on our condo today. It was a bad offer and we countered, but they wouldn't budge, so we've turned it down. I think they were trying to see if we were desperate AND they also wanted to go VA 100% financing and with the ongoing litigation with the contractor over the pool deck (which we fixed for $775,000 - but are suing to get the money back), it wouldn't be likely the VA would even underwrite a loan in our building. So I'm at peace over turning down the offer. It did let me know that in less than 4 days on the market, we've already had an offer, so I'm confident our realtor will bring us others. We do have a showing tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks everyone for keeping us in your thoughts. I'm doing OK. I'm at peace with his passing as I know I did everything I could to make his life better over the last 5 years. And I only have to work 3 days then a 3 day weekend!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, how exciting that you got an offer after only four days! But how NOT exciting that it was a lowball AND a VA loan. I had a client try to get a VA loan in a condo one time. No go. But I'm sure you're going to have more offers very soon!

Curby, that's great that you were out of the deal so fast with your car! And yay for four day weeks!

Last night I had to pick up a check, drop it off at my office to be messengered today, and go up to one of my listings and take care of some things. I didn't get home until about 8:30 and then the CB and I just sat outside for a little while and went to be early. I did have a hot fudge sundae from McDonalds... not sure what I was thinking there but I caved! Oh well, today is a new day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I am glad to hear you got some much needed sleep. That’s nice you got through to the VA and notified everyone else you needed to contact.

Furniture shopping sounds fun. I bet you are getting excited. That’s awesome you got an offer in 4 days but I agree the VA would probably never agree to finance your condo with a lawsuit looming out there. I am sure more offers will be coming your way.

I am looking forward to a 3 day weekend too.

Dee Jay, hopefully I won’t need to go back to the car dealer for a while. Synthetic oil doesn’t need changed as frequently. Yea!

That’s great it’s nice enough there for you and CB to set outside. It’s warming up but that wind is still chilly.

I believe McDonald’s ice cream is low fat so I don’t think they are that bad.

Work was hectic today. I felt like a hamster running around on a wheel. We had a BBQ by the local Ford dealer so I at least got a nice long walk in. I went out to the BBQ and then decided I could navigate steps with a plate, a bag of chips and a soda so I walked all the way around to the main building so I just walk up a ramp. Not a bad thing. The best part of lunch was the dill pickle. I love those things.

Laters,
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooooooooooooooooo, first day back at work and I had a difficult time concentrating, but I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

Was pretty depressed after turning down the offer last night. And then, our house was shown today and our realtor called after the showing. AND. Wait for it...........the buyer loved it and made a verbal offer and wait for it..........It's all cash, he offered a great price and we close in 30 days. No mortgage or appraisal to have to worry about and he's moving from basically across the street and has wanted a place in our building for a long time. The official contract is supposed to be in our hands tomorrow afternoon.

Assuming it's done tomorrow, we'll go out this weekend and order the appliances and furniture for the guest room.

Will then be pretty excited as it's always a gamble to get your heart set on a new home when you haven't sold the old one. But it looks like this is (fingers, eyes, toes, arms and legs crossed) going to work out for us.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Rod. A cash offer on the table for your place. That is awesome. Hope the signing goes smoothly tomorrow. How exciting.

Sorry you had a hard time concentrating today. I was awful for weeks and then had good and bad days. I hope it gets easier every day.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

Rod, I hope today was easier for you. Let us know how the contract signing went today.

Dee Jay, I swear warm weather is never going to get here. I know soon I'll be whining "it's so hot!"

Not much going on today. I was busy at work and am working on laundry tonight. I am excited tomorrow is Friday then 3 day weekend. :appl:

I had peaches, strawberries and cottage cheese for supper and then I was hungry by 7. I had a few crackers. Rats.

Laters,
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy,

We signed the contract this evening when I got home from work. It was a very straight forward contract, so it was easy. So now the shopping begins! I started it by ordering the dining room fixture we need to match the foyer and pendants over the breakfast bar. They chose Kirchler lighting, which is surprisingly expensive. We'll order the Fridge, washer and dryer, dining room and guest bedroom furniture this weekend. And Tuesday, Charlie has an appointment with the company who makes plantation shutters.

We close on both properties on June 27th, which will really come faster than we imagined.

We get to leave work tomorrow at 2:00 PM to start the weekend. YAYAYAYAY!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad the contract was straight forward today and now you can start shopping. That is always fun finding the perfect things for your new place. I am so excited for you. We put plantation shutters in our den and then in Marty's office and really like them. We went with Budget Blinds and it was an ordeal to get everything we ordered but we do like everything. We put woven wooden shutters up in our bedroom and living room too. We had blackout lining put in them and with the blackout liner drapes we have over them our bedroom is pitch dark even during the day. I love it for sleeping.

The 27th will be here before you know it. Ugh to packing and moving. That part isn't so fun.

Good deal you get to go home early tomorrow. We never know if they'll let us go early; it depends on if we have our work done.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Long Weekend Kids!

I got to leave work about 3:15. Woo hoo!

We had a pot luck at work today and I ate way too much but everything was good. So I ate part of a burger for supper and nothing else.

I picked up the house tonight since our cleaning lady comes in the morning. I really really need to wash our front storm door. Holy streak-a-lot. Nothing like sun coming through something to point out all the flaws. :lol:

Take care.
Curby (I mailed something at the post office on the way home and didn't have a curb incident. What luck!)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy long weeknd kids!

Rod, I am THRILLED for you on you house deal!!! A new home adventure is always exciting and you have to promise to post a zillion pictures along the way!

Curvy, my front door is a double commercial door with textured glass panels. Even though it's not clear I can totally see every streak, especially when the sun is shining on it.

The CB and I rented a cabin in Michigan for the weekend right on the St. Joe river. We left Chicago around 2:30 and drive through torrential downpours to get here. The cabin is super cute and really clean so we were pleasantly surprised. We went to dinner at a really great restaurant then I spent two hours in Tar-Jay trying on everything in the store, LOL. Two dresses and three sweaters later we then went to the grocery store and stocked up for the weekend. The CB is hoping to get a little fishing in latter and then we might go antiquing because yanno I need more sh!t...! :cheeky:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Long Weekend Everyone!

DeeJay, the cabin and shopping sounds like fun!

The shopping has started. I got off at 2 yesterday and we went and picked out the 6 ceiling fans and controls we need.

Then we went to the plumbing store and we bought a new kitchen faucet (we simply don't like the one the builder put in the kitchen). I spent too much on a faucet, but it is uber cool. It's a Kohler and is one of the commercial looks, but will look so great! In the pick the bottom plate [escutcheon] won't need to be used in our kitchen, so it will look nicer without.

faucet.jpg

Today is appliance, dining room and guest room furniture ordering day.

We have to stop by the house and mark where we want the builder to move the dining room chandelier to (Oh we ordered one of those too!).

I hope you all have a great holiday weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, it doesn’t take much for those doors to looks streaky or dirty does it? My storm door is so clear right now I keep thinking the front door is wide open. It’s amazing what Windex can do. Your cabin on the river sounds fabulous. You stocked up on groceries, bought some new clothes and plan to go antique shopping; that is living. You can definitely never have too many things. Enjoy your relaxing weekend.

Rod, I love that Kohler faucet. You certainly have a big list of things to get for your new house. Sweet. Enjoy shopping and picking items out for your house. We bought the Cafe Series french door frig and that silly thing has a little screen that plays photos. We loaded up pictures of the teddy bears and killer rabbits. Yes, we are easily amused.

I feel like we bought out several stores today. Our cleaning lady was going to be late so we went and ate breakfast, stopped at Lowes to get some caulk and picked up a few things at the grocery store and got home just as she was unpacking her car. We went back to the hardware store and bought plants to put in our pots out front. I pulled all of our dead stuff from last year when we got home. I’ll let Marty plant it all. Ha!

We also looked at patio furniture. Our deck faces ESE so you don’t get any shade until mid afternoon. Marty wants to set out there in the morning. We had a huge umbrella but he forgot to put it down and the wind snapped that pole right in half. I’ve been suggesting we get a chair to put on the front porch between a pillar and the house so we were looking for that. I thought a bench might work on the sidewalk by the house but I’m not sure I’d like that. We will see.

I ran a pot of daisies to the cemetery. That was the busiest I’ve seen that place. All sorts of people thought it’s okay to block the road. I had to back up about a block to get out of there.

Of all things I decided I wanted Chicken nuggets for lunch. So far no side effects from that food my body perceives as “foul”. Bad, I know. It just sounded good.

I did go to the mall to see that rose gold / white gold band but they didn’t have one in the store. They are ordering one in for me to see.

I caught up on my 6 Soap episodes recorded this morning and am now working on laundry. I guess my SIL will be here Friday through Monday next weekend and the in-laws will be here Sunday through the following Saturday. I’d best wash all the sheets and blankets.

Marty is bringing me a roast beef sandwich for supper. I don’t like to cook and mess up the kitchen after it’s been cleaned. Hopefully Marty will buy a turkey sandwich and help keep the kitchen clean.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, if money was no object, the fridge I'd buy is the new LG one with the huge screen on it, that is TV, internet, Wifi and from your phone at the grocery store, you can see what's inside. It's only $5K, but boy is it ever amazing. As it is, the Samsung fridge we ordered is expensive enough on its own.

So our two day total is as follows:

Kichler Hendrik Dining Room Chandelier
Kohler Sous Faucet
Samsung French Door Refrigerator
Samsung Washer and Dryer (Top Load, no more front load for us, no sirree)
Dining Room Counter Height Table
Dining Chairs
Counter Height Stools for the Breakfast Bar
Full Guest Bedroom (Queen) set, including bed, dresser, mirror, night stands, Sealy Posturepedic mattress
6 Ceiling Fans

We also looked at an elliptical at a fitness store. Boy, are they ever expensive, but we found one we really like and we're going to think about it. This was one of the reasons we wanted more space. We want to be able to go in our own fitness room and get on the elliptical whenever we want.

Tomorrow we're going to get some live crabs and go down to my brothers place and have them for dinner. Monday, we'll just relax.

Glad you helped the economy today too, Marcy!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, wouldn't it be nice if money were no object? Sadly it is so oh well we do what we can. You've purchased quite an impressive list there but how wonderful you'll have all of it new for your house. We had 8 months to work on and accumulate stuff for our new house which made it easier. Is the Samsung frig the one with frig and freezer french doors? We sure liked it when we were looking.

You will enjoy having more space and can hopefully set up a gym, bike or whatever you want. Marty's gym downstairs isn't being used. He bought a weight station and a recumbent bike. My knees wouldn't bend enough to do the bike. I was very sad. Marty spent a lot on this gym but outgrew it quickly. Now he is going to the gym 5 days a week (twice sometimes). He is a man with a mission.

The Sun is coming through our storm door and I need to go try it again. Streak central. CRAP!!!!

We just got all the plants planted. I hate walking on those big rocks; I tripped at least a dozen times. Marty has the drip system running already so we are done other than picking off dead flowers now and then. My mom was diligent and picked them off every day. Her plants ALWAYS looked fabulous. I didn't inherit her green thumb.

We had Arby's for supper. I had roast beef and Marty had their turkey.

Okay must go try the door again.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, here's the fridge:

samsung_fridge.jpg

It doesn't have the two doors on the freezer. One will work just fine for our needs.

And oh yes, do I ever wish money wasn't an issue, but it is. Charlie says the elliptical has to wait and I know he's right. I don't want to join a gym again. I want to go upstairs, walk into the elliptical room, get some exercise and come downstairs when I'm done.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results