shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2016 bling bling

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I super love the perlee with the carnelian Alhambra (carnelian right?). How is it that those pieces look so good stacked together? Ugh. So freaking tempting. The red stone in the halo is fab. The perlee really holds its own against those glamorous pieces.

I'm considering an OEC. Its a 3 carat K oec, and I am struggling with the color. The cut is unbelievable. I took a vid of it today, but it's not as bright as what I am used to with an F. Really insightful observation huh? :roll: The other option is a very white 3.3 carat I, but it doesn't have the absolutely fabulous cut the K has. So I'm weighing brightness and size against cut/sparkle. I wish I had a clear preference but I don't. Not yet anyway. What would you do? Wish I could post the vid.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1463862210|4034533 said:
A hot looking woman :naughty: + a 5 ct MRB + a beautiful necklace + a Patek watch = :love: :love: .. It doesn't get any better than this!... :appl: :appl:

DF, you are too funny!! :lol: :lol:

(Actually, I was wearing my 2.656ct Emilya in that pic).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1463892222|4034658 said:
So I super love the perlee with the carnelian Alhambra (carnelian right?). How is it that those pieces look so good stacked together? Ugh. So freaking tempting. The red stone in the halo is fab. The perlee really holds its own against those glamorous pieces.

I'm considering an OEC. Its a 3 carat K oec, and I am struggling with the color. The cut is unbelievable. I took a vid of it today, but it's not as bright as what I am used to with an F. Really insightful observation huh? :roll: The other option is a very white 3.3 carat I, but it doesn't have the absolutely fabulous cut the K has. So I'm weighing brightness and size against cut/sparkle. I wish I had a clear preference but I don't. Not yet anyway. What would you do? Wish I could post the vid.

LLJsmom, yes, it was carnelian. I'm loving it, along with other VCA pieces, one of which being your turquoise butterfly bracelet. And you know what, I'm super loving the Lotus BTF ring!! :love: :love: OMG!! It's soooo gorgeous!! I almost regret having ventured into the world of VCA, lol!

I know exactly what you mean. On PS, people keep saying that colours make no difference, but to my eye, they def do. When I had my BGD J coloured studs, they def looked more muted to me (if that's the right description) - it really bothered me and that's why I went with G-H coloured studs in the end. Even now, Holly doesn't look as bright and lively as the 3.02ct F; but the size more than makes up for the colour difference.

So, at the end of the day, I think it's a trade-off. You'd have to be comfortable with that. Perhaps seeing more stones at different colours and see how you feel? One thing works for me: go for your gut-feel. How did you feel the very first time you saw the stone? Go with your heart. That's what I'd do.

ETA: I meant, by all means, look at the different stones, weigh out all the options; but see how your heart feels the first time you see each stone.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1463528333|4032971 said:
WOW!! :appl: WOW! :appl: WOW! :appl:
Oh the finery!! Phoenix.. What a year it has been for you and it's only May.
I absolutely love VCA Perle.. your bracelet is perfection.
The diamond line necklace.. awesome. I have been recently trawling Ebay looking for one for myself.
We have similar tastes for sure.. I have that skinny Cartier ring and a white gold LOVE bracelet as well.
No wonder I love your taste.
Enjoy it all.. it's quite a haul!! :wavey:

Thank you so much.

Yeah, it's been crazy. I never planned to go wild like this in such a short time. This is very unlike me, not to think things out for months, sometimes even years, before an expensive purchase(s). The Perlee, in particular, was totally unplanned for. The diamond necklace.. well...I'd been lusting after one for a while, but really didn't want to spend too much money; so this has worked out perfectly. Perhaps you could look at estate sales? Where I am there are none, but if I were to live in the US or Europe, I'd be all over them, I tell ya! :naughty:

I'm loving my skinny Trinity. But you know what, I'm not loving the Love bracelet as much. I'm really OCD about keeping my items in pristine condition and having to screw on/off the Love is troublesome for me. I've only worn it 3 times since I got it. I think this is why it's taken me so long to get it, bc I wasn't 100% sure. Plus, the single Love looks insubstantial to my eye, somewhat lonely, and I really can't bring myself to stack it with anything else, lest it gets scratched.

BUT, I do love the LOVE, so maybe I'll get the paved version, the one with ceramic; since it'd be so much easier to take on and off, not to mention that it's really edgy, absolutely divine!! :love: :love: :love: AND, I'd be able to wear it on it's own, since it's def heavier, quite a bit thicker and I think a little wider than the non-paved versions (am checking with my SA and will go back to Cartier to compare). Now, if I can just get my head wrapped around the price-tag!! :-o I've been lusting after the paved one for soooo long, but have never been able to justify paying the hefty price-tag for melee diamonds. But maybe I should just bite the bullet!! And, I'd need to do it soon, before the exchange period is over.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1463892315|4034659 said:
A hot looking woman :naughty: + a 5 ct MRB + a beautiful necklace + a Patek watch = :love: :love: .. It doesn't get any better than this!... :appl: :appl:

The ring look a lot bigger than 2.65ct... :-o Right, Holly is mounted in a 6 prong setting?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1463896622|4034676 said:

That looks a lot bigger than 2.65ct... :-o Right, Holly is mounted in a 6 prong setting?

Nope, it's an optical illusion. I was def wearing my Emilya.

Holly is set in 4 double claw prongs.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1463896784|4034677 said:
Dancing Fire|1463896622|4034676 said:

That looks a lot bigger than 2.65ct... :-o Right, Holly is mounted in a 6 prong setting?

Nope, it's an optical illusion. I was def wearing my Emilya.

Holly is set in 4 double claw prongs.
You own too many beautiful pieces and I can not keep up... :tongue: :confused:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, I am honored you would like my humble little butterfly. :). It would look great with your white gold pave Love. :naughty:

You know, if you aren't totally comfortable with the plain love and it doesn't really fit that well with your lifestyle, you should exchange it before the due date. The page one would hide any scratches so you can wear it with an easy mind. You should do it. You wear these glam pieces with such panache that you could pull off wearing a page on a daily basis and not keep worrying about having to take it off. Honestly, I can't imagine having to unscrew that thing on a regular basis.

I looked up the lotus btf. It's glam, for sure!! Would you wear that daily or on special occasions? I could not find how it would look on. Next time you are at VCA, can you take a pic?

I'm still struggling with brightness and size v cut. I keep checking how it looks in every environment to see if it is bright enough. It's kinda stressful. I need to make a decision in a couple of days.

_3754.jpeg

_3755.jpeg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1463927062|4034757 said:
Phoenix, I am honored you would like my humble little butterfly. :). It would look great with your white gold pave Love. :naughty:

You know, if you aren't totally comfortable with the plain love and it doesn't really fit that well with your lifestyle, you should exchange it before the due date. The page one would hide any scratches so you can wear it with an easy mind. You should do it. You wear these glam pieces with such panache that you could pull off wearing a page on a daily basis and not keep worrying about having to take it off. Honestly, I can't imagine having to unscrew that thing on a regular basis.

I looked up the lotus btf. It's glam, for sure!! Would you wear that daily or on special occasions? I could not find how it would look on. Next time you are at VCA, can you take a pic?

I'm still struggling with brightness and size v cut. I keep checking how it looks in every environment to see if it is bright enough. It's kinda stressful. I need to make a decision in a couple of days.

LLJsmom, the paved Love doesn't come with the screws that require you to screw on/ off, like with the plain or 4- or 10- diamond versions. Instead, it comes a hinge that holds the two halves together (the non-paved ones come completely apart into two halves) and you lock it using a "catch" that's similar to that on my Perlee. It means I'd be able to take it off at the end of the day and put it back on with ease when I want to wear it. I never ever wear any jewellery at home, it'd drive me nuts!! lol

Here's a pic taken from TPF:

cartier_pave_love_corystyle.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, here are a few pics of the Lotus ring, taken online. I think there are 2 ways to wear it, one is between the fingers (like the name suggests) and the other is with both parts on one finger. I'm not exactly certain but that's what I seem to have found online.

I shall certainly take pics next time I go to VCA, which would be a loooong time away if I ended up getting the Cartier Love paved. I don't even want to go to VCA just to look; don't want the extra temptation, yanno! :cheeky:

Oh, I gather that BTF rings are not particularly practical. But since I no longer work a corporate job, I should be able to wear it as and when, ha ha! (oh oh, btw, do you see a connection between this ring and my profile pic?! ;)) )

vca_lotus_btf_ring.jpg

vca_lotus_btf_ring_2.jpg

vca_lotus_btf_ring_3.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, are you on a return period? It seems to me you're not in love with this stone. I'd send it back. There are plenty out there. If you are not going "awwwwww!!! :love: :love: :love: " every time you look at it, it means it's not for you. This is how I feel about my 4-diamond Love, it is certainly very pretty but I don't get the same "awwwwww" feeling when I look at it, unlike the way I feel about the Perlee. I go ga-ga every.single.time I look at the Perlee!!! I think I love her more and more everyday.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, it is important to check in here often! Phoenix, I really am not surprised about your feelings about the Love. I am like you about keeping things pristine and I just knew the one with the screws would not work! But, I really don't like the pave Love bracelet nearly as much as the VCA bracelet. I can't see them both being worn at the same time. I can see either being worn with a diamond tennis bracelet on the opposite wrist, but not both bangles. (Note that my opinion is fairly meaningless! haha! I just like to analyze things I don't have! :lol: )

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1463892222|4034658 said:

I have said the exact same thing before..that lower color diamonds just are not as bright as higher color ones. I am glad someone else has observed the same thing! This ring is gorgeous! I love the cut of the diamond! But I will tell you honestly, I have had trouble going from G to I color, and I know I couldn't do K in my e-ring, especially in a round.

My opinion is... do not settle. Cut is #1 and you have to draw a line at your color limit. Mine was I color. Definitely do not go for one with lesser cut, either. Wait til the right one comes. In my case, I would have waited forever and maybe never have gotten a higher color AVR, so I still have the I color one. But there are more OECs and I would stick with your beautiful F until the perfect OEC comes along.

I'd love to see more pictures of the setting this stone is in, though. It looks really pretty!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1463961879|4034939 said:
Goodness, it is important to check in here often! Phoenix, I really am not surprised about your feelings about the Love. I am like you about keeping things pristine and I just knew the one with the screws would not work! But, I really don't like the pave Love bracelet nearly as much as the VCA bracelet. I can't see them both being worn at the same time. I can see either being worn with a diamond tennis bracelet on the opposite wrist, but not both bangles. (Note that my opinion is fairly meaningless! haha! I just like to analyze things I don't have! :lol: )

LOL, DS. I guess I'm going through a "phase" now. I barely bought anything last few years, since Holly. And here I am going on a bling shopping spree!! :naughty:

Agreed that the Perlee is incredibly attractive. The paved Love is a completely different look, it's utterly edgy whereas the Perlee is utterly feminine. I've been lusting after the paved Love for a long time. I just couldn't and may still not be able to justify paying the hefty price for a bunch of melee diamonds. Mind you, it IS an iconic piece, and I'd be very very very happy to own and wear one - just in case there's any doubt in anyone's mind! :cheeky: .

I'd totally not wear both the Perlee and the paved Love at the same time - too incohesive a look, it'd be like ..I dunno...trying too hard to flaunt, completely overkill and rather tacky, dare I say (?). I'd rock one or the other on one arm (depending on my outfit and my mood) and either a watch or my tennis bracelet on the other....Hahaha, I'm still not 100% certain yet I'll get it and here I am, plotting away already!! :rodent:

An alternative for me is to get another 4-diamond Love, most likely one in RG and I'd wear that stacked with the WG; but I'd wear something in between, maybe something in leather, to keep them from scratching one another. My main problem with the single Love is that it looks rather insubstantial on its own. I do love the concept and look of the LOVE. The screwing on/ off, I reckon I could get used to.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the love pales in comparison to your perlee. Can you return it and just live with the perlee for now and see if something else pops up that makes your heart sing MORE?

How about a bunch of single motif VCA bracelets to stack, since you fancied the butterfly?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1464024131|4035259 said:
I think the love pales in comparison to your perlee. Can you return it and just live with the perlee for now and see if something else pops up that makes your heart sing MORE?

How about a bunch of single motif VCA bracelets to stack, since you fancied the butterfly?

Hmmm...I know the Perlee is incredibly beautiful but the paved Love holds its own. Here's another pic of someone on tPF wearing it (ignore the panther and the other bracelet, this look is far too busy). Just the paved Love on its own is amazing!! It's modern, edgy and it stands out. I like jewellery that stands out, things that not too many people have (incidentally, where I live, you don't see that many Love bracelets, even the non-paved versions, the paved version I've only ever seen on one person; you see more tennis bracelets and more trendy items like Hermes CDC etc). And I think it'd go well wt certain outfits I have. The ONLY thing that's holding me back and is still holding me back is the cost - it's substantially more than the cost of the Perlee. AND I've loved it from afar for many years.

I can't return the 4-diamond Love. Where I live, nobody accepts returns. Even exchanges can be problematic. And I've had it for almost one month already. The single butterfly and the sweet and/or vintage Alhambra bracelets will be items I'll still get in the future (did I already say I'm having a love affair with VCA?! ;)) :naughty: ).

Worse comes to worst. I'll just keep the 4-diamond one. It's not that I don't like it, I do like it, even love it; just not as much as the Perlee or the paved Love (should I be able to swing the latter as well). Maybe I'll wear the 4-diamond Love stacked with a Hermes leather bracelet; my friend wears hers like that (albeit with more than one Love) that and it looks nice, really nice...(though the metal buckle on the Hermes bracelet bothers me a bit, lol, but she coudln't care less about scratches on her pretties).

love-pave_wt_ceramic_2.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, okay, I now understand that you aren't planning to wear the pave Love when you wear the Perlee! I do think it is a beautiful bracelet and there's no reason not to keep it on your wishlist if you really love it!

It seems like I have seen someone stack a regular Love with a Trinity bracelet with the black cord. That really would only have a small area of potential contact.

http://www.cartier.us/en-us/collections/jewelry/collections/trinity-de-cartier/trinity-de-cartier-bracelets/b6033200-trinity-de-cartier-bracelet.html

Maybe you are aware of this, but I know I have read that they say you should not take the regular Love on and off often because it will wear down the screws.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yah Phoenix. That diamond pave love is super chic, especially with the black screws. It's especially awesome that you can take it off. If you think you will wear it, go for it. I don't think you will regret it.

I won't threadjack here anymore about the OEC. I'll go back to another thread I started about transitioning to an OEC. Thanks for chatting with me about it here.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1464058333|4035546 said:
Oh, okay, I now understand that you aren't planning to wear the pave Love when you wear the Perlee! I do think it is a beautiful bracelet and there's no reason not to keep it on your wishlist if you really love it!

It seems like I have seen someone stack a regular Love with a Trinity bracelet with the black cord. That really would only have a small area of potential contact.

http://www.cartier.us/en-us/collections/jewelry/collections/trinity-de-cartier/trinity-de-cartier-bracelets/b6033200-trinity-de-cartier-bracelet.html

Maybe you are aware of this, but I know I have read that they say you should not take the regular Love on and off often because it will wear down the screws.
Maybe you were thinking of me? (I was wondering why I was feeling so winded today - now I know I was running through DS's mind! :dance: )
image_3932.jpg
It really doesn't "clink" much at all together when I stack these two! The Cartier SA told me that people often put a cord bracelet in between two Loves as a "cushion".

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ha ha, DS. Your posts always put a smile on my face! :))

I was never planning on wearing both bracelets at the same time. I can mentally visualise this...me wearing both and screaming "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!"!! :sun: :lol:

This has actively been on my mind for the last few days, can you tell?! :Up_to_something:

I'm going to go to Cartier today to try on the paved bracelet as well as the cord bracelets. Thanks for enabling me, DS!! :rolleyes: Ha ha, seriously though, those cord bracelets are very cute!! I may just get the cheapest non-diamond version, though I don't know yet which one it'll be - right now, as I sit in front of my laptop typing this out while having my cup of tea, I'm torn between the regular / skinny (?) and the one with WG & black ceramic.

I was/ am aware of that, which is why the paved (I dunno why the site says "paved" - I wonder if that's the correct spelling, lol) is so appealing to me. Why oh why, does it have to be so darn expensive?!! :shock:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1464060617|4035557 said:
Yah Phoenix. That diamond pave love is super chic, especially with the black screws. It's especially awesome that you can take it off. If you think you will wear it, go for it. I don't think you will regret it.

I won't threadjack here anymore about the OEC. I'll go back to another thread I started about transitioning to an OEC. Thanks for chatting with me about it here.

Isn't it? So so so chic!! :love: :love: :love:

I'd soooooo wear it!! I may actually sleep with it on and never take it off... that'd be the first!! lol

Really no worries, LLJsmom. I'll mosey over to your thread now...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB, you know you always crack me up?!! You're so hilarious!! Can't imagine what you must be like IRL! :lol: :appl:

I'm glad you posted. Is there really not much rubbing between the Trinity and the Love? You wear the cord quite tightly, right? (I remember you mentioning in the other post).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've made up my mind....well, kind of!! Ha ha ha!! :lol: :cheeky:

I'm for sure going to get the paved Love with ceramic. I'm just not certain yet if it'll be now, as I've already spent a bunch. But DS, you're right, no point in not realising my wish-list, life is too short!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, your collection is so amazing! I love it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1464063337|4035587 said:

I'm for sure going to get the paved Love with ceramic. I'm just not certain yet if it'll be now, as I've already spent a bunch. But DS, you're right, no point in not realising my wish-list, life is too short!

I agree!! It is a gorgeous bracelet!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1464061614|4035570 said:

Maybe you were thinking of me? (I was wondering why I was feeling so winded today - now I know I was running through DS's mind! :dance: )
image_3932.jpg
It really doesn't "clink" much at all together when I stack these two! The Cartier SA told me that people often put a cord bracelet in between two Loves as a "cushion".

Haha! I was definitely thinking of YOU! However, I remember jewelry SO much better than I remember who posted it! :lol: I love that combination! It is a perfect look for casual (or anytime) wear! I think it is my favorite combo for wear with the regular Love bracelet! And the Trinity will work with any metal color of Love, too!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1463929163|4034771 said:
LLJsmom, here are a few pics of the Lotus ring, taken online. I think there are 2 ways to wear it, one is between the fingers (like the name suggests) and the other is with both parts on one finger. I'm not exactly certain but that's what I seem to have found online.

I shall certainly take pics next time I go to VCA, which would be a loooong time away if I ended up getting the Cartier Love paved. I don't even want to go to VCA just to look; don't want the extra temptation, yanno! :cheeky:

Oh, I gather that BTF rings are not particularly practical. But since I no longer work a corporate job, I should be able to wear it as and when, ha ha! (oh oh, btw, do you see a connection between this ring and my profile pic?! ;)) )

I just have to tell you how much I love this ring!! If you are not sure how to wear it, just send it to me and I'll test the different alternatives for you... LOL. It is truly stunning and elegant and special - all at once :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1464173096|4036097 said:

I just have to tell you how much I love this ring!! If you are not sure how to wear it, just send it to me and I'll test the different alternatives for you... LOL. It is truly stunning and elegant and special - all at once :love:

LOL!!

I went to VCA the other day (couldn't keep away :naughty: ) and the manager told me there's a shortage of the Lotus ring worldwide and apparently the waiting list is 6 months or more!! :o . But there's one in size 49 (a little big for me though) at another branch and he could have that transferred to his branch and I could then try it on. I woke up this morning and lo and behold, there's a text message telling me the Lotus ring is there now!! I'm scared to go there. I don't have the funds for it now!! ::) Lol lol, I'm so not going back now!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1464234823|4036384 said:
Scandinavian|1464173096|4036097 said:

LOL!!

I went to VCA the other day (couldn't keep away :naughty: ) and the manager told me there's a shortage of the Lotus ring worldwide and the waiting list is 6 months or more!! :o . But there's one in size 49 (a little big for me though) in another branch and he could have that transferred to his branch and I could then try it on. I woke up this morning and lo and behold, the Lotus ring is there now!! I'm scared to go there. I don't have the funds for it now!! ::)

Phoenix, I am size 49!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1464101056|4035740 said:
Phoenix|1464063337|4035587 said:

I agree!! It is a gorgeous bracelet!!!

I returned the WG Love. It was a HUGE hassle, for several reasons! OMG!! Let that be a lesson for me!

Buuuuutttt...I tried on the paved with ceramic and was completely mesmerised!! It's sooooooo :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

So, I placed the order and one is coming to me soon!! YAY!!! :dance: :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results