shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

IUI#2 is done! Kinda bummed because DH's count was 18 million and last time it was 29 million but I know I'm just being silly. They told us anything over 10 million is more than enough. Gonna try and fit some bd-ing in tonight but might be difficult with our schedule today :-\

April20

Ideal_Rock

I'm freaking out. This was NOT planned. DH is going to lose his mind.

I felt tired today on my walk and I'm usually fine. Thought I'll just POAS to ease my mind. IT'S NOT WORKING.
08b4c1ef21153f29772f4491023d9ca0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Welcome to the club. Now, go get a FRER or digi or something. kthanks :)

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Oopsies, but congrats! When the FRER or digi show the same thing, and once DH calms down, hop on over to JBP. Everygreen and I are both nearly ready to graduate to the big thread, and Blingbunny will be happy for some company. ;-)

RT, I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for IUI#2!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Oh I walked myself up the road to the drug store (DHs truck is in the shop and he had my car) and bought a digi with weeks estimator. I can't deny this.

I finally told DH. He took it better than I expected.
08e6643634cf4252c2a094e6645cd460.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock

Looks like it might not be sticking.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
April20 said:
Looks like it might not be sticking. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh, I'm so sorry.

April20

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1463062072|4030699 said:
April20 said:
Looks like it might not be sticking. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh, I'm so sorry.

Definitely not sticking. Based on how it's playing out, I'm going to guess I was close to 6 weeks or so. I'm thinking I caught the HCG on the way down. I'm RH- so I'm going in for the rhogam shot tomorrow. Joy.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20|1463084520|4030901 said:
Definitely not sticking. Based on how it's playing out, I'm going to guess I was close to 6 weeks or so. I'm thinking I caught the HCG on the way down. I'm RH- so I'm going in for the rhogam shot tomorrow. Joy.

I don't visit PS very much, just saw your post. Any update? Thinking about you and keeping you in my thoughts. Fingers crossed for a sticky.

April20

Ideal_Rock

kama_s|1463448066|4032499 said:

I don't visit PS very much, just saw your post. Any update? Thinking about you and keeping you in my thoughts. Fingers crossed for a sticky.

It ended up being a complete m/c. The tests the following day were nearly negative. I'm RH- so I went to my OB for a rhogam shot and they did an u/s to double check and there was no sac. I think I caught the HCG on the way down. I'd like a second child, but closer to 2 years apart, so hopefully I'll be back around in late summer/early fall.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

12dpiui and getting negatives :(sad Also in Wisconsin because my dad went into heart failure on Wednesday night. He managed to pull through and is now back at home but this is certainly not the way I wanted to spend May :(sad

SMC

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1463504441|4032754 said:
12dpiui and getting negatives :(sad Also in Wisconsin because my dad went into heart failure on Wednesday night. He managed to pull through and is now back at home but this is certainly not the way I wanted to spend May :(sad
Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad that your father is on the road to recovery though.

Are you going to do another IUI?

I got some blood work done and the good news is that I'm not in early menopause and there's nothing wrong with my thyroid. However, I haven't had my period since before I got pregnant (so 2 years without one). Besides weaning DD completely, doctor says I should also exercise less and put on a few pounds. The last 2 recommendations indicate that my doctor is just grasping at straws and throwing out suggestions in the hope that something will stick. I have never been told to exercise less or gain weight before. :)

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

We do want to do at least 2 more but won't be able to until September due to financial reasons :(sad Good news is that I can use legal marijuana here for at least one cycle and it will help with my chronic pain and be out of my system by then.....

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20|1463493264|4032655 said:

It ended up being a complete m/c. The tests the following day were nearly negative. I'm RH- so I went to my OB for a rhogam shot and they did an u/s to double check and there was no sac. I think I caught the HCG on the way down. I'd like a second child, but closer to 2 years apart, so hopefully I'll be back around in late summer/early fall.

Big virtual hugs to you, April.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

kama_s|1463583691|4033217 said:
April20|1463493264|4032655 said:

Big virtual hugs to you, April.
Sorry April, I missed your story. So sorry for your loss. Wishing you success later in the year!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

IUI # 2 is a fail :(sad

We currently are in saving mode over the summer until we can get to IUI #3 which will be the last one. After a third failed iui, our doctor redirects you towards IVF which comes with a hefty price tag- $20,000! However, our clinic has very good SART scores and we feel it would be worth it.

Some good news is that if the stars continue to align in our favor, dh will be offered a new job this afternoon that comes with insurance that will cover $15,000 of that price tag. The bag news is that they would only cover that much for our entire lifetime, so if we end up at that spot, it will likely be our only attempt.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

:wavey: Hi all. Um... it's been several million years since I last posted on PS and probably nobody remembers me. I'm just trying to read and catch up and figure out what's new in everyone's lives. My DD will be 2 on July 2nd and I can't believe how big and independent she is getting to be. I started working as a preschool teacher in an autism classroom when she was 6 months old. It is exhausting and difficult. I love it. But, constantly exhausted. Hence the never posting anything. Sorry, I suck.

Have been trying to get pregnant for a while now. With DD it was super fast and easy. Now, not so much. But, today, this:

Wondfo looked like a faint positive. So I took a FRER. Light positive. So I took a digital. BFN. Ugh. Is it just too early? 12 DPO.

img_11790.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Blacksand, that FRER line looks right on for 12DPO to me. That's usually when I would cave and test and it's about what I got. I wouldn't say that's faint at all. The only time I've ever used a digital though was on a "whoops" and I was 20DPO by then! Good luck!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Hey Blacksand! Welcome back!

Try a ClearBlue Easy w/weeks estimator. They are REALLY sensitive, like to a level of 9. If that FRER is positive, a CBE should be positive tomorrow.

Although, I don't see any color on the FRER. Is there any in person?

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks puppmom! I looked back at my pics on this board from when I was 12 DPO with DD, and I think you're right. They look about the same. Maybe a smidge darker, but very similar. And I also complained that day that CBE was still coming back negative. History repeating itself?

Hi amc! Are you on baby #3 now? I need to catch up! I got some CBEs today, but not the ones with the weeks estimator. Boo. I don't know if I can justify buying more at this point. FRER is light but definitely pink in person. Not sure if this pic is better.

img_11791.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock

blacksand|1464036152|4035370 said:
Thanks puppmom! I looked back at my pics on this board from when I was 12 DPO with DD, and I think you're right. They look about the same. Maybe a smidge darker, but very similar. And I also complained that day that CBE was still coming back negative. History repeating itself?

Hi amc! Are you on baby #3 now? I need to catch up! I got some CBEs today, but not the ones with the weeks estimator. Boo. I don't know if I can justify buying more at this point. FRER is light but definitely pink in person. Not sure if this pic is better.

Oh yeah, I see the pink more in that pic! Where did you manage to get the old style FRERs? The new ones are horrible. Hoard those puppies!

I am on #3! Quite by surprise. We were still debating (and not planning on even trying until this fall. I had some random spotting back in December, took a test on a whim. I'm 26 weeks with boy #3!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, congrats on 3 boys! I remember you got engaged around the same time I did, it seemed we were kind of on the same timeline for a while. But now you're on baby #3, how time flies! I always wanted 3, but I don't think it will happen at this point. DH only wants 2, I'm getting older, and my pregnancy was HORRENDOUS. 7 months of HG, GD, hypertension, the works. I have no idea why I want to do this again. But...looks like there's no turning back now:

The old style FRER came in a two-pack with the digital, the one that said -NO to me. Regular FRER positive, digital FRER negative. Thanks FRER. DH picked up the two-pack by accident when I had asked for a 3-pack of regular FRERs. But it was nice to see an old flat FRER in there! I miss those! That was the only one I had, unfortunately. But I don't think I'll be needing any more. Fingers crossed for a healthy, sticky bean and hopefully an easier pregnancy this time!

img_11795.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock

I was already to type "I see the lines! That digi is WRONG". And then I scrolled down. Congratulations!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

No mistaking those! Congrats!

Hopefully this pregnancy is easier than the last :)

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks ladies! And thanks for welcoming me back after a long absence!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats, blacksand!!! I remember you from before as well.

I haven't posted much on this board, but we have started our first round of cycle monitoring. I also had a sono done and everything looks open and clear. Hubby had a SA, still waiting to get those results back. I also think I may have an issue with low progesterone, since my BBT falls at 9/10DPO every cycle. Hoping we can get to the root of our infertility this cycle.

April20

Ideal_Rock

kama_s|1464558853|4037855 said:
Congrats, blacksand!!! I remember you from before as well.

I haven't posted much on this board, but we have started our first round of cycle monitoring. I also had a sono done and everything looks open and clear. Hubby had a SA, still waiting to get those results back. I also think I may have an issue with low progesterone, since my BBT falls at 9/10DPO every cycle. Hoping we can get to the root of our infertility this cycle.

Kama, I hope you get some answers. It's great your charting and have some data. How many cycles have you been trying?

April20

Ideal_Rock

So I'm just going to park myself right here. After the m/c, DH said we'd talk in a few months. Deciding to add a second child is a much different decision than deciding to have kids at all. I was fine with that, he was SO much more open to a second child than I thought he'd be. If he knows me at all (and after 9 years of marriage he better), he knows my mind is made up. He hasn't asked me once this month if we're "safe". So basically, without talking about it, we're TTC. He may shock me and suddenly realize what he's doing and back track a bit. Ha ha.

I'm on CD20. OPKs have been negative, but I'm not exactly consistent with them. My temp is hanging out in the high 96's. I looked at my chart the cycle after my last m/c two years ago and I didn't ovulate that I can see for two cycles. It will be interesting to see if that happens again. All I can do is wait at this point. I'm still nursing and that obviously effected my ovulation after my one and only PP period, but I'm kind of hoping the m/c reset things. DD is also nursing less, so that will affect things too.

I haven't been stalking this thread that much. Who all is here now?

April20

Ideal_Rock

Correction. I'm on CD19

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I'm here, sort of...
We just had our second failed IUI this last cycle and had to take a summer break to recoup financially :(sad
Our doctor does 3 iuis before moving to IVF and we aren't totally sure we want to pursue that. IVF costs 20k for one cycle here. If the third iui fails, that may just be it for us, the sign to stop. I guess we'll see when we get there. I normally would post on TTC 6 months+ but nobody is really over there anymore. I don't post here much either because it can be hard to see all of the positive tests. I guess I'm sort of in limbo...I'd be lying if I said it doesn't suck, because it does. It really does.

I do hope you are able to get pregnant quickly and have an easy pregnancy :)) FWIW, my first cycle after my miscarriage a year ago was ridiculously long and hard to track, I hope you have better lucky than I did!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results