shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG website - cant find any diamonds?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor Rhino, you must be pulling your hair out.

Hugs to you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hugs to you ... and a shot of tequila.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1463947991|4034873 said:

Hugs to you ... and a shot of tequila.

I appreciate that ol friend. I'm told a major update should be done for tonight.

Warm regards,
Rhino

PS: and thank you all for the kind sentiments. I think the world of you guys.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Tourmaline - the N or None cut is a mistake. If someone hasn't filled in the field it defaults to None. This needs rectifying also.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I tried the search on my computer and it worked for narrowing down to AVCs. When I scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the list and hovered over View, the diamond was higher on the screen than I was able to see. Here's a picture of that.

image_794.jpg

I *really* miss being able to see all the diamond thumbnails at one time. I miss the old website.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
When on the list of diamonds, the scroll on the right side doesn't work well on my iPad. When scrolling down, sometimes it works but other times it jumps back up to the top of the list.
I tried on my computer, searching for AVR's by carat weight, and I couldn't scroll down to the bottom to see the last diamond ( a 3.64ct ).

pr0pel

Rough_Rock
Ideally, the site should pass QA before deploying to production. It's a shame PS members have to point all this out. I'm sure the dev team is getting paid a good amount and I would be embarrassed if my own customers have to point out such obvious defects in the site on a public forum.

Can we get a mod to lock this? This thread is is no longer an avenue to discuss "diamond facts, H&A, diamond grading, diamond cut and diamond pricing."

seekingshiny

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure how many other users have had this issue, but when using the Chrome browser, on the diamond search tool, when mousing over different shapes it automatically highlights different shapes or cuts in spite of never selecting a shape at all. I had figured initially when the new website rolled out that it would be fixed, but for me it renders the entire search tool completely unusable as trying to select specific branded cuts resets my search (e.g. in trying to select AVRs it highlights the princess and asscher shapes also). Hope it gets resolved, as I haven't had this issue with other websites with plug-ins or anything.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you everyone for your feedback. It is always appreciated.

We have made changes to improve your experience and will continue to do so!

Kindest regards,
Jonathan

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pr0pel said:
Ideally, the site should pass QA before deploying to production. It's a shame PS members have to point all this out. I'm sure the dev team is getting paid a good amount and I would be embarrassed if my own customers have to point out such obvious defects in the site on a public forum.

Can we get a mod to lock this? This thread is is no longer an avenue to discuss "diamond facts, H&A, diamond grading, diamond cut and diamond pricing."

:roll: Then request this thread be moved to Hangout if it bothers you so much. This is a community after all.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Chrome and it is working fine for me and has for a few days.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
seekingshiny|1464143021|4036003 said:
I'm not sure how many other users have had this issue, but when using the Chrome browser, on the diamond search tool, when mousing over different shapes it automatically highlights different shapes or cuts in spite of never selecting a shape at all. I had figured initially when the new website rolled out that it would be fixed, but for me it renders the entire search tool completely unusable as trying to select specific branded cuts resets my search (e.g. in trying to select AVRs it highlights the princess and asscher shapes also). Hope it gets resolved, as I haven't had this issue with other websites with plug-ins or anything.

This is exactly what happens to me when I use the Chrome browser on our computer.

seekingshiny

Rough_Rock
Woah, I tried the search function again today and whatever magic (probably hard work!) John is doing it worked, because I no longer run into the same issue - so happy that it works :clap: :clap:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
seekingshiny|1464300252|4036657 said:
Woah, I tried the search function again today and whatever magic (probably hard work!) John is doing it worked, because I no longer run into the same issue - so happy that it works :clap: :clap:

Thank you and yes ... it's like a boulder rolled off of me. The mobile is also right on now too. One more step ... the grid view and voila. :angel:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhino|1464455157|4037382 said:

Thank you and yes ... it's like a boulder rolled off of me. The mobile is also right on now too. One more step ... the grid view and voila. :angel:
Jon
Let us all celebrate GOG's new site with a 25% off on loose stones... :naughty: :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1464481334|4037520 said:

Jon
Let us all celebrate GOG's new site with a 25% off on loose stones... :naughty: :appl:

I'll second that..... :bigsmile:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Great!

Fantspants

Rough_Rock
Anyone having problems today, I can't see any diamonds at all and the search is totally blank - no default 1 - 999999 etc

capture1_1.png

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
As someone who tests this kind of stuff, I want to say it is not as easy as it appears. Yes QA should be done first, but user issues always come about. I say give input in a constructive manner. I think GOG and the people they have hired for the IT work are doing an amazing job at being professional and looking at our comments. I commend them for that. Hopefully everyone will be back to happy searching and it works out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results