shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you find this pic disgusting or beautiful?

This pic is ...

• Disgusting

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Beautiful

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other day I was standing in line at a food store.
Nearby a woman was breastfeeding her child, discreetly under a blankly.
Several others in line stared at her with disgust on their faces and whispered among themselves.

I was so pissed.
I didn't say anything to them, but I was so pissed! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It puts in my head and heart the feeling of desperation that I have felt a times w/my own kids when they've been sick. It constricts my insides when I think of how that parent must feel, knowing full well how I felt when I was holding my little boy in my arms and cupping my hands to catch the blood he was vomiting, catching sight of myself in the mirror in the emergency room bay bathroom when I went in to grab the trash can and seeing my three year old's blood all over my face and clothes and smeared in my hair, and how completely sunken and shadowed my eyes were and being scared all the more by the look of sheer terror in my eyes, thinking I was watching my boy bleed out right in front of me.

I find it poignant.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't see the point of posting photos of people in the bathroom, especially people who are sick. There is nothing sexual here. It's obviously a photo of a child in distress and most parents can relate to a time when they were in a similar situation. I just think bathroom duties and intestinal issues don't need to be posted on social media.

I hope the child was okay after his ordeal.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
swingirl|1463894473|4034665 said:
I don't see the point of posting photos of people in the bathroom, especially people who are sick. There is nothing sexual here. It's obviously a photo of a child in distress and most parents can relate to a time when they were in a similar situation. I just think bathroom duties and intestinal issues don't need to be posted on social media.

I hope the child was okay after his ordeal.

Fair enough. What if photography never took place?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was a great cartoon, E B! The breasts on that Victoria's Secret model were big enough to feed an entire orphanage if only she was lactating!

Deb :wavey:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
susief|1463858804|4034514 said:
E B|1463777237|4034145 said:
A lot of children don't like having blankets over their heads while eating. They'll tear it off repeatedly, which attracts even more attention. I know this because two of my three did.

THANK YOU for pointing this out E B. My child was another one who refused to eat with a blanket on his head. I didn't fancy being judged so I rarely breastfed in public, which was pretty limiting and miserable.

IMO the vast majority of women breastfeed as discreetly as they are able to do. Which is sometimes not very. Please don't judge them for feeding their babies.

As for the picture - not at all disgusting. It's a touching portrayal of a parent's love and care, but mostly I just feel sorry for the sick little boy.

I can understand a child not wanting a blanket on his head, but the blanket thrown over my shoulder (not on my baby's head), never interfered with my feedings, soI thought the process was pretty simple. Maybe this is more of an issue as an infant gets older (when they start expressing likes/dislikes and an ability to pull off a blanket)?
Again, I'm not judging anyone for BF in public - just stating that it was not my personal preference - and I'm free to look the other way so no harm done. Where it becomes an issue for me is those moms who are in-your-face about it and I've even had one mom tell me that you don't support breastfeeding if you don't support open breastfeeding in public :confused: In other words, because I don't care to BF openly in public, then I am anti-BF, which means she was the one doing the judging.... :rolleyes:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same opinion as most...other...private moment, nothing wrong with it, but shouldn't post on public social media.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a beautiful photo within the family. Like others, I feel it shouldn't have been shared online. I also think this is the kind of moment whose significance can really only be understood by the parents. The child was very sick, the dad was doing as much as he could and demonstrating great love, and the mother was overcome by his devotion to their child. IMHO, this photo is beautiful but ultra-private.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results