carat
color
clarity

International Gem &Jewelery Show in Marlbough, MA

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
userangl28212003|1462746752|4029079 said:
Nice! is that the paraiba you were talking about?

God no. A paraiba that size would bankrupt me! it's a blue zircon:)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went but had to leave as I got a call from the realtor to get my butt home so I could sign documents. I was there barely an hour :(

But thats a great ring! and that zircon :love:

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1462749133|4029085 said:
I went but had to leave as I got a call from the realtor to get my butt home so I could sign documents. I was there barely an hour :(

But thats a great ring! and that zircon :love:
Thank you :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see how you set the zircon :love:

I caved and went when my friend cancelled her plans so she could go. And I honestly thought I was safe/immune since the last time I went to Marlborough, I came home empty handed with the exception of a couple strands of beads.

One of my long time pear vendors (and also who I bought my emerald ring from) told me that this would be her last show in Marlborough which made me sad....fortunately, she will still be going to Chantilly. Since I had bought so many pearls from her over the years, I didn't really need anything but picked up a couple of very inexpensive 18kt over sterling silver pieces she happened to have in a tray:

A black onyx and pink sapphire ring (with matching pendant) for me:

intergem_-_ring_-_18k_over_ss_black_onyx_ring_with_pink_sapphires.jpg

A topaz and citrine ring for my mother who loves JTV bling :sick:

intergem_topax_for_mom.jpg

Here is the misbehaving part:

Killing time trying on earrings is usually safe as most earring don't hang right on me -- you only see the sides of them. So I can only wear ones that don't have "sides" or where I can add an extra loop so it hangs right. And they aren't something I can buy online -- so many that I think will look right, don't. Although I've long wanted diamond hoops, any hoops have always been out of the question as you just see big O's framing my face with stones facing outwards. Anyway, I wanted to try those inside out ones to see if that helped and they all still looked wrong on me....until I tried these babies on. They are 18kt 1.36 ctw and much sparklier than the picture shows (G color, eye clean under a loupe). They have a hinged bottom so snap firmly into place which I like. (I've bought a few small diamond pieces from this vendor before and while not cheap, I've always been very happy with the quality.)

intergem_1.jpg

Because the front has three rows of diamonds - the outer rows facing out towards the sides, the diamonds can be seen from all angles...combined with the inside out style and oval shape - they actually looked normal on me! I did some quick looking around at other vendors - didn't see anything else that looked nice on me and others who had pieces of similar size/quality were priced much higher...so caved. Sorry with the blabbering, still trying to justify the unplanned spend :wall: But I am so excited to finally have diamond hoops :dance:

That should've been it but I've really been wanting to set my pink-red tourmaline. It wasn't an expensive stone (as its heated) but I've always loved the color. I started with less expensive settings and of course, the net effect looked better as I went up in price. Since I had bought the earrings, I just put a deposit on the setting and will pick it up at another gem show (top ring in pic below). I tell myself that the total spent with the stone, sizing and setting will fit on Acinom's budget thread. :whistle: So it's kind of behaving, right? :angel:

intergem_-_tourmaline_setting_with_chan.jpg

fwiw - The wholesale section hasn't been what it once was in years and like recent shows, did not have many vendors. Most have moved out to the retail section (more foot traffic and they can price higher) or stopped going altogether. At a glance, the only gemstone vendor was S&S (not a vendor I shop). The only vendor we bought from in the wholesale section was one of my friend's pearl dealers (my friend makes jewelry and owns a bead shop).

Obviously, I should spend more time contemplating theredspinel's "what are we doing" thread :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lilmosun yeah you behaved alright :shifty: :lol:

I ain't gonna tell no tales, but I would kinda rock the topaz and citrine ring... ( :shhh: ) But maybe one of those things where I'd change my mind in person (nah...lol)

soxfan I don't mind saying I'm absolutely jelly. thats a RAWK!!!! :love: Of course, buying a house I'm about to be too poor for extras for a while, so I have to live vicariously through the rest of you. It would be lovely as a pendant, I on the other hand are a member of the big girl fingers committee, so you know what I would do :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results