shape
carat
color
clarity

Decided to go with a classic plain platinum band.....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also resizing might be advantageous here as you might get get the pattern going around completely and that appeals to the ocd in me lol. I don't love partial eternities in general because inevitably the ring does move a bit and then it would look odd if the non pattern part is showing. JMO. So perhaps resizing could work to your advantage here. Just musing aloud.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg really have to go now but look at this.

18k Belais antique Art Deco orange blossom wedding eternity band ring on eBay. Ugh can't link it here for some reason. But it's your size. As soon as I can get to a real computer I will link it here. Sorry!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1462452155|4027575 said:
Omg really have to go now but look at this.

18k Belais antique Art Deco orange blossom wedding eternity band ring on eBay. Ugh can't link it here for some reason. But it's your size. As soon as I can get to a real computer I will link it here. Sorry!

Thank you for looking- you are so sweet! I need platinum, though. :razz:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your help! Kandie, I'm looking for platinum:(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I called about my band and they said they can engrave it, add migraine, etc if I want. It was VERY reasonably prices so I might just go that route. He said to bring in pics of engraving I like. I'll see how the visit goes.....

Missy, I know. Getting the height, width, etc to work is SO hard:( I think those rings will be too big:(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1462457068|4027611 said:
I called about my band and they said they can engrave it, add migraine, etc if I want. It was VERY reasonably prices so I might just go that route. He said to bring in pics of engraving I like. I'll see how the visit goes.....

Missy, I know. Getting the height, width, etc to work is SO hard:( I think those rings will be too big:(

Yes and that's why your plain platinum band works so well. It matches all the important dimensions and looks great so maybe going the route of engraving it a good option. See what you think when you visit the vendor. I have to add I really love the plain band with your ER and if you could find an engraved vintage one too that would give you options if that was something you would be interested in that is. That platinum band is a keeper either way I think. Good luck!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1462458669|4027627 said:
soxfan|1462457068|4027611 said:

Yes and that's why your plain platinum band works so well. It matches all the important dimensions and looks great so maybe going the route of engraving it a good option. See what you think when you visit the vendor. I have to add I really love the plain band with your ER and if you could find an engraved vintage one too that would give you options if that was something you would be interested in that is. That platinum band is a keeper either way I think. Good luck!

I think so too. That fact that I already have the dimensions nailed down makes we want to just engrave it, slap some milgrain on it and call it a day! :lol:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, am NOW looking at very dainty 2mm or less two tone (14k and white gold) orange blossom band to pair with the ring AND do my engraved platinum band. I haven't done shit today but search online. I need a life. :lol:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You think that will be a nice contrast between the ring and the platinum band?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1462481437|4027806 said:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/288871043/vintage-14k-yellow-and-white-gold-orange?ref=hp_rv

I love that! Is it your size? Looked back 4.5-4.75...nope, this band cannot be sized down that much. Please find one that is the right size because these should not be sized.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soxfan, is that a look you want? The two toned look? It can be nice for a change and I think it would look pretty.

Can you wear gold on your finger? For some reason I thought you were sensitive to gold. I cannot wear white gold on my fingers as it oxidizes almost immediately so wear only platinum for my rings in general.

I agree with DS though in that you need to find a ring close to your size if not in your size. Enjoy the search!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1462622036|4028523 said:
Soxfan, is that a look you want? The two toned look? It can be nice for a change and I think it would look pretty.

Can you wear gold on your finger? For some reason I thought you were sensitive to gold. I cannot wear white gold on my fingers as it oxidizes almost immediately so wear only platinum for my rings in general.

I agree with DS though in that you need to find a ring close to your size if not in your size. Enjoy the search!

Yeah, I can wear gold. I am searching high and low for the perfect dainty two tone band!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1462570825|4028265 said:
soxfan|1462481437|4027806 said:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/288871043/vintage-14k-yellow-and-white-gold-orange?ref=hp_rv

I love that! Is it your size? Looked back 4.5-4.75...nope, this band cannot be sized down that much. Please find one that is the right size because these should not be sized.

yeah, it can't be sized. VERY hard to find vintage bands in my size. Like close to impossible.... :angryfire:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, I am 20 minutes away from the intergem show that starts in 30 minutes. I've never been. Could I possibly find something there?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1462627281|4028542 said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351512205827

thoughts? size 5!

Have you considered sizing beads? For small changes in size I love them. And personally I find them very comfie though ymmv.

_3453.jpeg

_3454.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's utterly perfect! Can you post a before and after, as well as a shot of your new band with your diamond ring?

Great decision, Soxfan!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh my! this is amazing! It looks so detailed and dainty. Gorgeous! I agree, would also love a pic with your ER. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results