shape
carat
color
clarity

My Custom AVC project is about to begin!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Ok! yes i want to see it (the video)!!! LOL Gosh, you will have it tomorrow!!! I hope you like it and don't feel bad about it at all!! You deserve to have your bling back on your finger!!

**edited by moderator, no personal info for everyone's safety!*

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaineyRod said:
Ok! yes i want to see it (the video)!!! LOL Gosh, you will have it tomorrow!!! I hope you like it and don't feel bad about it at all!! You deserve to have your bling back on your finger!!

Can you post the video here or do you need my email **edited by moderator, no personal info for everyone's safety!** :appl:

Oh I'm so silly, in my excitement I see I said it would be here tomorrow, but I meant Jonathan was sending it tomorrow. So I think I should have it by Friday though! :dance:

Lainey, I'm sending you the video now. I think you aren't supposed to post personal emails on PS, but I could be wrong...... If so, the moderators can remove your email from your post (I think they can leave the rest of the post as is, and just delete your email).

Okay....sending it to you....it'll be from my gmail account ;)) .

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm a little heartbroken for you LaineyRod but excited for JDDN. I hope you post lots of pictures of THE AVC when it gets to you JDDN

Elepig

Rough_Rock
The video is over on youtube. I'm only seeing maybe a tint of color. Something I would want in an AV.

The stone is GORGEOUS!!. Someone is going to love that and I hope it's one of you ladies.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a LOVELY stone :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaineyRod, I am so enjoying your saga, you seem to be straight up and very nice.. I have a K color AVC set in a pendant, I love my AVC, it's so perfect, it is 1.33 tcw.. I think a 2.5 in an L color would show quite a bit of warmth, I admire GOG for continuing the quest for you and your sticking to the goal.. I cannot wait to see when your project comes to it's end.. and I mean LOTS of pictures... thank you for sharing your quest, it's these types of stories that make me really enjoy Pricescope (and all the people who know soo much about diamonds)... again! can't wait for your final pix.

peace

Edit: I think the L stone will be mad with rainbows of color btw! can't wait to see if it's perfect for your 'sister!'. thank you all again for sharing!!! more edit: Beautiful stone, it's a fireball.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will agree with Tekate that you have to realize that L will show color. My opinion is that AVCs are beautiful in every color, but we all have differences in color tolerance for an engagement ring. I color was my limit for an engagement ring and that is why my AVR is I color! I would happily add a lower color AVC to my collection, though!

But I had the opportunity once to send for L and M color AVCs as I was learning my preferences for AV stones, and I have some excellent pictures showing the color differences. The round brilliant in the Tiffany setting you will see in the pic (closest to the AVCs) is G color for comparison. The M AVC is on top and L below it.

img_11679.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should add that the picture was taken outside in totally natural light. So all of them will show more tint in certain environments. My I color stone bothers me in the car, but that is from sunlight going through tinted windows!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey: I've come to update about Lainey's custom AVC (I have her permission!). If you've been following this thread, you already know the stone came back a shocking L and that Lainey was heartbroken as she wanted something in the H, I, or J range. Well, I started my own custom AVC journey shortly after Lainey and my specs are almost identical to hers. Jonathan offered me Lainey's stone and after I saw a video of it, I said absolutely I want it!! It's huge, and gorgeous, and soooo obviously mis-graded as the tint is so slight and perfect to me. I love just a slight hint of warmth in the AVC, so this was a total hit! I sent Lainey the video and she was so cute and sweet.....she almost cried because she agreed....it's warmth was ever so slight and beautiful and totally not what she expected given the L color grading. And she wanted it, LOL!!! She felt terrible of course, but I didn't!! As much as I would've loved to have this AVC, until she saw it with her own eyes and decided she did not want it, I felt very awkward having it. Lainey felt terrible wanting it after not wanting it (LOL!!!), and she was so incredibly sweet. If anyone understands all the emotion and anticipation of something like this, it's me (just ask my husband!). In my mind this was rough located for her with her wishes in mind, it was cut for her, it was meant for her....it's her AVC!!!! So with a lot of excitement the stone was sent to Lainey instead of me and......I will let her finish the rest of the story with her own narrative and lots of photos. I'm really excited and happy for my friend and custom AVC sister Lainey!!! :appl:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
So yes everyone, what an emotional week this has been! And I honestly don't know how it is possible that I have been so fortunate to get this beautiful diamond and a beautiful friend/diamond sister like JDDN all in the same process!!! I am clearly the luckiest girl right now!!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

So I received the diamond this morning and it is INSANE!!! Aside from it's triple OOO specs, VVS2 clarity, I really do agree that it has got to be mis-graded on the color. I know it fooled both Jon and Yoram and Jonathan asked AGS to relook at the color grading once they gave it an assigned L, but perhaps they all had their eyes collectively dilated that day and I am the beneficiary :appl: It does have warmth, but I would swear on a pile of tail wagging puppies (I ADORE PUPPIES) this diamond shows waaaaay less warmth than my K pendant!

Anyway, all my pics are admittedly - not good, but I am trying!!! I will get better. Additionally, the diamond came in this cool little plastic "trampoline" holder and not a traditional ring-holder (I am getting one tomorrow) so my "hand shots" of the stone are just precariously balanced in the prongs (which are too small - Yay the diamond is HUGE!!). I love the HIGH crown!

img_11696.jpg

img_11697.jpg

img_11698.jpg

img_11695.jpg

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
couple more pics (like others say at times, not sure why these turned sideways???) ....I will post more tonight!

img_11699.jpg

img_11700.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so, so, happy that you took a look at it! Seeing that L and M awhile back made me know that one day I'd be fine with a lower color in an AVC! It is so beautiful!!! :love:

I have a little extra part of this story to tell you :lol: ....when I read the other night that the stone was graded L, the store was already closed! So I sent Jon a message early the next morning. As it turned out, they had already been talking with JDDN (and I knew it was her when she posted on this thread!), so she was ahead of me to look at the stone, which obviously was good since she had already asked to have one custom cut. But I thought both of you wanted a higher color, so that's why I asked to see it. I like seeing the finished version and am a little uncertain about custom cutting for myself, so it was an instant thought that I had to check on it!

So anyway, I suppose I am the step-sister in this story! But I thought I would tell you that I loved it enough to want to order it to look at, too! :D

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drool... eyes popping! It's to die for gorgeous.. you must be crazy happy... Diamondseeker, what a great addition to the story.. just beautiful stones.. we are so lucky to have these exquisite stones!!!!! Lainey.. I LOVE your ring...

:love: :love: :wavey: :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, we are very, very fortunate to have beautiful AV stones! :love: :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a story! I am obviously very late to this thread, but I am thrilled with the outcome! Lainey, I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! What an incredible stone! I am one of those who adores "warm" stones--I honestly gravitate the most to J/K/L (and even M) stones since I think they have so much life in them. Also I just must not be color sensitive haha. I think that AVC is completely amazing, and definitely agree it looks very white given the grade!

I love the PS community and this thread exemplifies why! Congratulations! :appl: :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Lainey I am so thrilled for you!!! JDDN you are a class act all the way! What grace between you lovely ladies!! :clap:
I can't wait to see more pics of your stunning stone, and JDDN you rock sister!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is gorgeous. I've been following this thread and am so happy that this worked out for you. Let us see it when it is finally set.

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1462574243|4028291 said:
I am so, so, happy that you took a look at it! Seeing that L and M awhile back made me know that one day I'd be fine with a lower color in an AVC! It is so beautiful!!! :love:

I have a little extra part of this story to tell you :lol: ....when I read the other night that the stone was graded L, the store was already closed! So I sent Jon a message early the next morning. As it turned out, they had already been talking with JDDN (and I knew it was her when she posted on this thread!), so she was ahead of me to look at the stone, which obviously was good since she had already asked to have one custom cut. But I thought both of you wanted a higher color, so that's why I asked to see it. I like seeing the finished version and am a little uncertain about custom cutting for myself, so it was an instant thought that I had to check on it!

So anyway, I suppose I am the step-sister in this story! But I thought I would tell you that I loved it enough to want to order it to look at, too! :D

Wow DS! You are definitely a sister!!! LOL :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks for posting those pics earlier this week and OMGosh, what a stone! It is interesting because Jonathan is such a sweetheart in always making sure we are all happy, so throughout this whole process, I had been steadfast in my position that if this stone came back a K, I wouldn't be interested and we would just keep on with our quest. When it came back an L, I think we were both so stunned and disappointed, that he didn't even bother to tell me the other specs of the diamond or send me the video! So, and really thanks to JDDN for her kindness and insightful wisdom in guiding me, it was a real lesson learned as she encouraged me to see the entire process all the way through before giving up. I am so happy and so unbelievably appreciative. :pray: :angel: :pray:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Ok, more pics :dance:

img_11705.jpg

img_11706.jpg

img_11708.jpg

img_11707.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that because JDDN was so selfless her perfect rough will show up soon. She was very selfless in this story and that is a very admirable quality so I hope the old adage "what goes around, comes around" brings her the perfect stone too. Then the story will be complete.

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Final pics for today :dance:

img_11709.jpg

img_11710.jpg

img_11711.jpg

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Lookinagain|1462588689|4028391 said:
I think that because JDDN was so selfless her perfect rough will show up soon. She was very selfless in this story and that is a very admirable quality so I hope the old adage "what goes around, comes around" brings her the perfect stone too. Then the story will be complete.

I couldn't agree more! I want those side stones to find her for her 3-stone ring too! May rubies and diamonds shower down upon her!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Lookinagain said:
Your stone is gorgeous. I've been following this thread and am so happy that this worked out for you. Let us see it when it is finally set.

Thanks Lookingagain! I am hoping to drop off my ring and diamond to my jeweler who will ship off to Varna (the designer of my ring) on Monday!!! Keep your fingers crossed all goes well and yes, I will keep you all posted on the process and with pics!!

Bonfire said:
Oh Lainey I am so thrilled for you!!! JDDN you are a class act all the way! What grace between you lovely ladies!! :clap:

Thanks Bonfire & yes, not sure what I did to deserve JDDN as my AVC Sister, but I am blessed!

lovedogs said:
Wow, what a story! I am obviously very late to this thread, but I am thrilled with the outcome! Lainey, I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! What an incredible stone! I am one of those who adores "warm" stones--I honestly gravitate the most to J/K/L (and even M) stones since I think they have so much life in them. Also I just must not be color sensitive haha. I think that AVC is completely amazing, and definitely agree it looks very white given the grade!

I love the PS community and this thread exemplifies why! Congratulations! :appl: :appl:

Thanks Lovedogs! I too love the AV's in a warmer tone. I am so tickled and keep looking over at the diamond in its very cool plastic trampoline box (if you haven't experienced this kind of diamond holder, it is two pieces of stretchy plastic, stretched across two open squares, hinged like a book and held tight with a magnet clasp. The diamond lays flat on the one side and when you close the stretchy plastic book, it stretches over the diamond and holds hit suspended in the middle of the open squares). Anyway, I keep looking over at it, in its bright white hugeness and I can't believe it! It looks so much more warm in my pics than it does in real life. It is just so pretty! I really want to go to Vegas next year and show everyone! :appl:

diamondseeker2006 said:
Yes, we are very, very fortunate to have beautiful AV stones! :love: :appl:

You are so right DS!!! I am so happy to be in the AV family! Thanks for sharing your part of the "journey!" This has been such a fun and wild ride!!!

Tekate said:
Drool... eyes popping! It's to die for gorgeous.. you must be crazy happy... Diamondseeker, what a great addition to the story.. just beautiful stones.. we are so lucky to have these exquisite stones!!!!! Lainey.. I LOVE your ring...

:love: :love: :wavey: :wavey:

Tekate, thank you! Yes, I am so happy!! It is really still sinking in! I started out this week thinking "I might have my diamond on Friday" to learning it was an L and having to start all over, to going through the heartache of giving it up and then "taking it back" from JDDN, to then actually OMG having the diamond on Friday! My head is spinning!!! :twirl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lainey
Congrats, that is a beauty!.. :appl:

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And what a great story....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a thread for posting AV stones/rings (not sure if you have seen it?), but you could wait until it is set and then post pictures loose and set on that thread, too. So when you get it back, post a Show Me the Bling thread, and then I'll link you the AV thread so you can post there, too!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just came back to bask in the sheer beauty of Lainey's glorious AVC ::) ! Lainey my dear AVC sister....I am completely honored to have had a part in your AVC journey and I am so glad I did because not only you are a such a sweet person, but I met a friend. I look forward to meeting you one day and giving you a huge hug and laughing happily about all of this! Oh, and of course we'll ooh and ahh over our AVC's together too, lol! And DS, if it happens to be in Vegas and you're there, maybe we can all ooh and ahh over our AVC's?!

Bonfire said:

That's really kind of you to say Bonfire. I know Lainey would've done the same thing ::) .

Lookinagain said:

That is a very sweet thing to say Lookinagain. I hope to share what happens in my own AVC journey with you all. This is a wonderful community!

Lainey.....keep those pictures coming, I can't get enough!!! And when it's set and on your hand.....overload us, LOL!!!! :dance:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond, Lainey! This thread is too funny, only on PS right?

JDDN, you are a sweetheart and such a gracious person. I hope you find your perfect ring soon.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, what an exciting thread! I hadn't visited it since Lainey was waiting to hear about the AGS results. Oh my goodness! That was so big of you to release it, JDDN, and Lainey, when I started my search for a 10-year uprgrade diamond, I, too , was looking for an H or I. But I chose an L (GIA) for size. And as for AVCs, maybe I'm your AVC cousin or something, haha, because I have little AVCs in all shades of tint (light yellow, but varied) in my 7-AVC band. I love them all. :)

image_3996.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Lainey! Your stone is truly stunning.

JDDN, you are going to find the most beautiful stone. I know it. And I can't wait to see it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results