clarity

Cool, Unique, "Wow" Colored Stone Rings for Sale

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great eye candy, loves vintage!

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
That spinel is a star, both for the stone (est. 3.29 carats!) and the setting. If I were rich I would buy it forthwith. Macklowe has a stellar reputation, too, and had some lovely things at the last antiques show I went to.....

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
kgizo|1449250903|3957463 said:
Great eye candy, loves vintage!

Yw! :) I always love some great eye candy, whether I can have them or not.

boerumbiddy said:
That spinel is a star, both for the stone (est. 3.29 carats!) and the setting. If I were rich I would buy it forthwith. Macklowe has a stellar reputation, too, and had some lovely things at the last antiques show I went to.....

That is good to know... thanks for commenting. I can only dream of most of these rings. If I were rich too, I definitely would want this one as well. :wavey:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had some free time this morning and am on a spending moratorium so decided to play the eye candy game on bidsquare :lol:
I hope it is OK I included pieces other than rings in this thread.

The aquamarine ring isn't my style, but it just mesmerizes me.

The brooch isn't my style either, but I'm always amazed when I see such lovely craftsmanship. Especially on an older piece.

The turquoise earrings seem to glow to me. I don't own any turquoise and these make me think I need to. Does PS have any recommended vendors for turquoise for when my moratorium is lifted?

The tourmaline earrings are so unique and fun. I'm curious about the petal effect of color. Can't tell if it is one carved piece and is dyed to give the dark lines mimicking petals. Would really like to see these in person.

_35477.jpg

_35478.jpg

_35479.jpg

_35480.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for some more eye candy, kgizo! It is fine that you added non ring items...I love other pieces too, just prefer rings the most. Please feel free to add whatever else that seems spectacular to you. I agree that I really do admire great craftsmanship. I wish I could help out with the turquoise, but those earrings do appear to have an exceptional luster to them.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like all the tacky Dior stuff. All of it. Here's an example, but there's much more "colorful" stuff out there:

dior.jpg

Bex

Shiny_Rock
escobar_sapphire.jpg

I usually prefer other colors to the classic sapphire blue, but this ring from Joe Escobar is just stunning!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the new eye candy pregcurious, Vesper, and Bex! All of those are very cool and awesome!

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
This one may not be unique, but it appears to be in uniquely good shape for its age. $2950 from EstateAntiqueJewelry on Etsy. il_570xn_173.jpg

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
I found this one fascinating. I don't WANT it, but it does qualify as unique. Who thinks these things up? It looks painful to wear. The eBay vendor describes it as 18k Yellow Gold 1.75cttw Blue Tanzanite and Diamond Architectural Ring DAZZLING.

tanzy1new.jpg
tanzy2new.jpg
tanzy4new.jpg
tanzy5new.jpg

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
My computer refuses to copy the picture of this spectacular Betteridge estate piece, a really red spinel flanked by trillion pink sapphires. I realize this color combination isn't for everyone and the price is rather high, but take a look and tell us what you think:
http://www.betteridge.com/red-spinel-pink-sapphire-ring/p/12113/
If it were mine, I would want it set in yellow gold.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Finally got my computer to cooperate on the spinel ring from Betteridge, 3.87 carats, $26,000. red-spinel-pink-sapphire-ring.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the deco pink tourm. indigoblue, that is unique. I wonder if it is comfortable.

I want a PSer to get this just to get hand shots. Looks like amazing finger coverage. Then they can return it as the spinel doesn't look as nice as many others on this forum. :loopy:

_36375.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy, I agree. I think that would look better in YG. I really like the proportions of the side stones and center stone.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
kgizo|1455047376|3988980 said:
Love the deco pink tourm. indigoblue, that is unique. I wonder if it is comfortable.

I want a PSer to get this just to get hand shots. Looks like amazing finger coverage. Then they can return it as the spinel doesn't look as nice as many others on this forum. :loopy:
I agree. Too dark. It will black our.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Great additions all... definitely swoon worthy. I would want that red spinel/pink combo in YG as well. That gem silica is gorgeous! Indigoblue, thanks for posting that very unique tanzanite ring...very architectural indeed. I love the Russian floral motif rings... am planning one in my head and hope to create one myself someday.

PickieBee

Rough_Rock
I'm not usually a huge fan of aquamarine, but I do like this setting. By adamfosterjewelry on Etsy.

il_279.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I really like what you posted PickieBee. I am usually not an aquamarine fan either, but would definitely make exceptions.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
If I had about $45,000 Canadian laying around, I might just buy this and carry around a stand to rest my arm on (the Canadian dollar is on an upswing, so maybe that will drop to $40,000 soon enough!):

https://www.etsy.com/listing/215860432/edwardian-1579-carat-natural-ceylon

il_fullxfull_22.jpg

https://vimeo.com/126368149

This one is a bit more within reach at 1/10th of the cost. I am not a fan of the amethyst, but I find the setting really intriguing. If it were an emerald or a ruby I'd be :love: :love: :love:....and it would not be 1/10th of the cost :(sad :

https://www.etsy.com/listing/277007914/vintage-estate-1713ct-tw-amethyst

il_570xn_187.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results