shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Us Your Mother's Day Pearls

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1461716782|4023977 said:
Not that my pearl collection isn't already big enough, BUT, I do not yet own any fireballs. So, in order to remedy that "problem" I ordered these just now with my 20% off Mother's Day code from PP:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-2770-fireball-freshwater-pearl-charm-bracelet.aspx

Super excited!!!! :appl: :appl:

I own that bracelet -- you will love it! The charms can be removed, rearranged, worn as pendants ... you can remove a link from the bracelet and use it as a pendant finding ... one of my best purchases ever! :appl:

I lucked out, and two of my fireballs match, so I often use them as earrings (I have extra leverback findings).

I look forward to your review and pictures!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pictures as promised (but I'm afraid my pictures when I was sick are actually better than the shots I took at work yesterday). This strand just GLOWS. I can't even describe the luster on it. I wore it yesterday with my silver overtone freshwater earrings. I was having trouble getting a good picture, so some of these are a bit dark.

Part of the problem was that I was trying not to get pictures of the cat scratches on my neck. My big scare-baby was outside enjoying his first roll on the front step of the season, and he got spooked by a jogger just as I was picking him up to put him back inside. The result was that he used me as a human launch pad to save himself. (it's a good thing he's cute!).

The top picture is truest to life.

neck_and_ear_-_medium.jpg

neck_shot_-_close_up_medium.jpg

neck_and_ear_3.jpg

neck_shot_close_up_2.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look fabulous! I think they suit you very well.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
They really glow on you, amazing strand. And yes, you do need matching earrings :love:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucs|1461891094|4024881 said:
They really glow on you, amazing strand. And yes, you do need matching earrings :love:

I have to admit, I've been looking. :naughty: But I have to have some things to still want, right? Otherwise it's no fun.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Cmd your new strand is positively glowing. It looks gorgeous on you!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1461903770|4024968 said:
Tucs|1461891094|4024881 said:

I have to admit, I've been looking. :naughty: But I have to have some things to still want, right? Otherwise it's no fun.

Haha, true, true.

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder what people's thoughts are on the PP Edisons that sold out quickly. I know more about diamonds than I do FWP. The FWPs appeal to me because of the size and ease of wearing without worrying because they don't cost many thousands $$$ (hope that makes sense). :twirl: However, I would like to know what you all think of the luster, etc. verses other FWPs you have seen/own, or other pearls for that matter.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
ClassyRocks said:
I wonder what people's thoughts are on the PP Edisons that sold out quickly. I know more about diamonds than I do FWP. The FWPs appeal to me because of the size and ease of wearing without worrying because they don't cost many thousands $$$ (hope that makes sense). :twirl: However, I would like to know what you all think of the luster, etc. verses other FWPs you have seen/own, or other pearls for that matter.

I've not received mine but luster looks to be similar to average fwp. That means those of us used to metallics n other high luster pearls may be disappointed. You can pop by the other forum for a look as baby nurse has posted some great comparison photos there. Also unless snowy white Edisons come into the market, those of us who like the ssp look/white tones will still go for ssp I think.

But yeah, they are great $ for their size. I'll post mine and impressions when I finally get them.

Given how far they've progressed, won't be surprised if in another 5-10 years fwp that rival ssp become common.

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much Icy Jade! :wavey: I did see Baby Nurse's awesome pics! Her collection is wonderful. :love:

I am wondering if I will regret FWPs eventually. I have 8mm Mikimotos (purchased 10+years agp); I hardly wear anymore because I prefer large pearls on me. In fact, I love layer my Chanel pearl necklaces with natural pearls :naughty:

Still. . . . I wonder if I should just save up for large WSSP necklace. I am so confused :confused:

caro40

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I received my big Edisons from the recent sale. I got one of the last two so didn't pick these so much as grab them while I could. They are up to 15.4 mm and a nice rounded drop shape. Photos below show the strand next to my SS/Tahitian rope, where the Edisons compare well with the SS but not as silvery and reflective as the better ones. But they are very similar to other SS in the strand. I have also shown them next to earrings I bought a little whole ago that are very reflective and with lovely undertones.
Sorry they are upside down.
image_4401.jpg image_4400.jpg image_4399.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
ClassyRocks|1462158235|4026048 said:
Thank you so much Icy Jade! :wavey: I did see Baby Nurse's awesome pics! Her collection is wonderful. :love:

I am wondering if I will regret FWPs eventually. I have 8mm Mikimotos (purchased 10+years agp); I hardly wear anymore because I prefer large pearls on me. In fact, I love layer my Chanel pearl necklaces with natural pearls :naughty:

Still. . . . I wonder if I should just save up for large WSSP necklace. I am so confused :confused:

I'll be happy to take those itty bitty Mikimotos off your hands, since they're just taking up space in your jewelry box. :naughty:

Since freshwaters are relatively inexpensive, I think you can have both. Wear the FW now, save up for the wSSP later.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
Here is the Edison neck shot, I really like these shapes.
image_4402.jpg

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
:love: They look lovely on you! I am excited to receive mine too! Thank you for posting :appl:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
ennui|1462238733|4026355 said:
ClassyRocks|1462158235|4026048 said:

I'll be happy to take those itty bitty Mikimotos off your hands, since they're just taking up space in your jewelry box. :naughty:

Since freshwaters are relatively inexpensive, I think you can have both. Wear the FW now, save up for the wSSP later.

Awe! Ennui, you are too sweet! The Miki's are beautiful! I sounded ungrateful in my post. I did lovingly wear them the first 3 years after my dear hubby bought them for me. They will always be special to me!

I am going to take your advice ennui, and buy a strand of large FWP for now. I'll see how much I wear them, before going into the deep sea! :wink2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
ClassyRocks|1462242395|4026373 said:
:love: They look lovely on you! I am excited to receive mine too! Thank you for posting :appl:

You got one of the Giants too? Pls post pics if u did!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1462285006|4026524 said:
ClassyRocks|1462242395|4026373 said:

You got one of the Giants too? Pls post pics if u did!

I will! :wavey: I am getting excited after seeing the comparison pictures from the other ladies. They all look beautiful! Mine should be here this week.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
What lovely pearls, ladies. Wow!

Here are mine again, fixed up by PP. They are 10.5-11.5 mm freshwaters (Lei Family Jewelry2 on ebay) and 14-15 mm South sea pearl earrings (The Pearl Society on ebay). The Allure setting diamond wires were added by PP:

9_4.jpg

11_4.jpg

1_65.jpg

2_240.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
And here's my new metallic Edison pendant from The Pearl Society (17.8x16.5mm). Sorry for the upside down first pic.

13_5.jpg
14_1.jpg
16_1.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
seaurchin|1462308081|4026716 said:
What lovely pearls, ladies. Wow!

Here are mine again, fixed up by PP. They are 10.5-11.5 mm freshwaters (Lei Family Jewelry2 on ebay) and 14-15 mm South sea pearl earrings (The Pearl Society on ebay). The Allure setting diamond wires were added by PP:

9_4.jpg

11_4.jpg

1_65.jpg

2_240.jpg

Dang! I need to get you to become my personal shopper on Ebay!!! Somehow I can never seem to find the lovelies that you do from the Pearl Society...and that Edison, and that strand! Do you know if they have more (of the strand that is)???

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, CMD!

Your new SS strand is wonderful.

I don't see any white round freshwater strands with pearls quite as large as mine right now. This is my third strand from Lei family jewelry-2. Just be careful that it's insured if you have to send a return to China (as I learned the hard way!)

P.S. With those sites, I really like the ones where "what you see is what you get" but it might be only every few times that I check where something really jumps out at me.

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
I just bought the basic AAA 16" 6.5-7mm strand at PP.
I hope they are nice.
My first pearl strand . I know tiny size.
But I am not sure I'd like a pearl necklace so I decided to buy a "try it".
Tell me if any of you has one and how you like them.
Thanks

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phanie,

AAA is bound to be beautiful! I assume you bought freshwaters?

I have a freshwater 6.5-7.5mm AA/AA+ strand and it is very lustrous, and surprisingly round. To be honest I prefer my larger pearls, but I do wear it occasionally.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
sea urchin, your latest pearly pieces are beautiful. Those WSS are earrings are lovely... and so big!

Here are my giant FWs from PP. 11.8-15.4mm.

img_11681.jpg

img_11682.jpg

img_11683.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Phanie|1462380410|4027190 said:
I hope they are nice.
Thanks

Not tiny, classic! What you think is important -- let us know when you receive them!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pearls everyone!

Tucs - wow they are huge!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Phanie|1462380410|4027190 said:
I hope they are nice.
Thanks

Phanie I love small pearls. They are feminine and understated yet elegant. Can't wait to see photos of your strand!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phanie,

When I was buying my akoya strand, I tried on larger sizes but decided that a more moderate size was more "classic" and more in keeping with what I would feel comfortable wearing. I can't say that I've ever regretted it. While I love my larger sized baroque strands, they have a different feel to them than a round white strand (more casual, more funky, more wearable for every day, and more like a statement necklace), and I still think that the smaller size was the right choice for me in terms of the classic white pearl strand.

I hope your new strand is beautiful! Besides, if you DO decide that you want larger, there is always the option of either returning the strand and going bigger, or saying that this was a 'dip your toe in' price point to see whether you liked the quality and look of this type of purchase. It's honestly why I bought my smaller rope (6-7 mm) from PP. It was my first purchase from them and I wanted it to be small enough that I wasn't out much if I didn't end up liking it (as return shipping is tricky for me as I am not in the US).

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you girls!
I got it yesterday. It is really beautiful but not long enough! 16" is just not sitting that good on my neck.
I love the color of the pearls, the size is just right for everyday wear (I am a RN and big pearls would look so off with my scrubs!)
I am not sure if 18" will sit right or the way I like.
Will have to get one of the mardi gras beads and measure in situ!

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Tucs|1462467597|4027677 said:
sea urchin, your latest pearly pieces are beautiful. Those WSS are earrings are lovely... and so big!

Here are my giant FWs from PP. 11.8-15.4mm.
OMG those are beautiful!!
Maybe Christmas.
When did you get these? I did not find any baroque FW on PP when I looked.
Anyway I was looking for a classic cheapo strand.
Hubs will OK a bigger budget (because I am guessing these are expansive,aren't they?) if I like my mother's day gift. As in why buy the big ones if you are not sure if you will like pearls?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results