carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fan

I share the sneaking suspicion that your "mini" upgrade isn't mini at all, m2b!! :sun:

Don't leave us hanging for too long! :bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

M-2-B :shock:
You can't tease us like that and keep us hanging! :wall: Can we have another little something - a detail? another diamond **** pic? SOMETHING puh-leez?!?!?!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1460516029|4018568 said:
Sorry to keep everyone in suspense but I've been under the weather recently! Here is the promised sneak peek of my new "mini" upgrade project:

BIG GULP. And I don't mean in a slurpee kinda way! :bigsmile:

I look forward to the 25 page thread with PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wavey: :love: :wavey: :love: :appl: :wavey: :love:

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So gorgeous, m2b!!! :love: :love: :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1460516029|4018568 said:
Sorry to keep everyone in suspense but I've been under the weather recently! Here is the promised sneak peek of my new "mini" upgrade project:
I am guessing 5.37ct... :praise: :love: :love: :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hate to disappoint everyone but my upgrade is actually a 4.7 ct ACA--so just a "mini" upgrade for me given my budget! Can't quite compete with Phoenix's Holly, unfortunately! However, it does face up quite nicely like a 5ct rock due to the ACA cut!

I'll attach another quick shot--I promise a complete reveal with blingtastic pics for your viewing pleasure by the weekend! :bigsmile:

img_11400.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What is the color of your new stone m2b?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1460593072|4019031 said:

It's a high "I" color according to Bob @ WF. ::)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1460593242|4019034 said:
MissGotRocks|1460593072|4019031 said:

It's a high "I" color according to Bob @ WF. ::)

I honestly thought it looked a bit different than the 4.5 in color! It is beautiful and I can't wait for your new SMTB thread!

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock

Just stunning m2b!!! I've had my ACA for several weeks now and I still can't stop looking at it. Congrats on your new upgrade...and I agree with the others, it looks like 5-6 cts on your lil fingers :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful, m-2-b!! :love: :love: :love:

Can't wait for the new thread! :appl:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

m-2-b, I guessed 5ct! Definitely looks more than .2ct bigger than the previous! Did WF build a new head for the new stone or did you get a new setting all together? I can't wait for the full thread!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, really? Are you sure you aren't having us on? :bigsmile:

It looks HUGE on you!!!! Given the fact that the weights are similar... I wonder - is it the colour? Does this ACA face up larger than your last ACA for the weight? Is it just that it passes that invisible, unquantifiable size boundary wherein the increase is visually significant and notable?

Well - whatever it is - it makes a statement in terms of both sheer size and visual size increase!
May I ask what your reasons for upgrading were? Do you think this is your 'final' stone, or do you eventually envision a different piece?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1459179875|4012031 said:
He he he he he... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yssie, I've been out of it. Your stone is so beautiful. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. Very, Very happy!! Cant wait to see how you set her!

e_img_0542.png

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

PSers with Love rings did you feel you had to size up? Which one do you own?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is it unreasonable for me to want to loupe a Cartier Love bracelet? I went to look at one at a local Cartier store, and the supposedly brand new piece has small dints on it. I refused it and requested for a really brand new unscratched one. The SA pushed back, saying that I'm not supposed to look at it under magnification! Well, I told her the Perlee clover bangle at VCA has not a single scratch on it. Then, she said: "to be fair, the Love bracelet has a bigger metal surface area compared to the Perlee"!!! :rolleyes:

I can't even be bothered to tell her that the Perlee has a lot more intricate details and they're all perfect! I guess the huge price difference does account for the difference in workmanship (or maybe the "brand new" piece I looked at is not brand new after all). But what an attitude!!

I've told her I'm going to other Cartier stores. There are plenty elsewhere!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1461815699|4024468 said:
Is it unreasonable for me to want to loupe a Cartier Love bracelet? I went to look at one at a local Cartier store, and the supposedly brand new piece has small dints on it. I refused it and requested for a really brand new unscratched one. The SA pushed back, saying that I'm not supposed to look at it under magnification! Well, I told her the Perlee clover bangle at VCA has not a single scratch on it. Then, she said: "to be fair, the Love bracelet has a bigger metal surface area compared to the Perlee"!!! :rolleyes:

I can't even be bothered to tell her that the Perlee has a lot more intricate details and they're all perfect! I guess the huge price difference does account for the difference in workmanship (or maybe the "brand new" piece I looked at is not brand new after all). But what an attitude!!

Don't they know you are a PS'er, lol?! Agreed that you should take your business elsewhere to another Cartier store!

So tell us more about this pink gold perlee clover bangle (pics would be a plus)... :naughty:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1461817076|4024477 said:
Phoenix|1461815699|4024468 said:

Don't they know you are a PS'er, lol?! Agreed that you should take your business elsewhere to another Cartier store!

So tell us more about this pink gold perlee clover bangle (pics would be a plus)... :naughty:

Hahaha!!

Hmm...the Perlee...Pics will have to wait til next week. They're bringing in a brand new piece for me. It's a RG one. It was complete love/lust at first sight!! :love: It's a very beautiful soft pink. I was actually surprised how I didn't love the WG as much, it looked rather "cold" to me; and this surprised me b/c most of my jewellery is in WG or platinum. Mind you, I'd walked into VCA (after having just walked out of Cartier, lol), expecting to like the RG anyway. I'd looked at the RG one numerous times online and always thought it was very pretty...or should I say magnificent?! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hathalove|1461647398|4023630 said:

In the 5.5 mm yes. I am usually a 4.5. I went up to 5.0 which is a 50 I believe. For a right hand ring.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1461835184|4024520 said:

In the 5.5 mm yes. I am usually a 4.5. I went up to 5.0 which is a 50 I believe. For a right hand ring.

Thank you! I was thinking of getting the 5.5 as a right hand ring. I'm torn. I normally wear a Cartier 52 (trinity) and 53 (2.5mm plain) for my right hand ring finger depending. So good to know I will most likely need to size up. Plus I dont like tight rings anyway. Do you have both the mini and the full size love ring then? If you could only choose one, which do you prefer? This decision has been driving me crazy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh gosh, Phoenix...the rose gold perlee with the diamond clovers or all gold? I will have to agree with you, the rose gold was outstanding in that bracelet.

As for me, I haven't really had the opportunity to wear my Alhambra bracelet at all! There are a few occasions this summer, but I am thinking I may sell it. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1462206822|4026168 said:
Oh gosh, Phoenix...the rose gold perlee with the diamond clovers or all gold? I will have to agree with you, the rose gold was outstanding in that bracelet.

As for me, I haven't really had the opportunity to wear my Alhambra bracelet at all! There are a few occasions this summer, but I am thinking I may sell it. If anyone is interested, let me know.

DS, it's the Perlee clover bracelet with diamonds. I'm picking it up tomorrow. I hope the condition is brand new, like they promised. They had to request for a few pieces for me to look at...it's to do with the serial number (long story, lol) and am also fussy about the condition.

You should wear your bracelet. It's so pretty! :love: :love:

I think I may have become a VCA convert...omg!! :rolleyes: bad for the bank a/c!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that is truly one of the most beautiful jewelry pieces I have ever seen, Phoenix! Outstanding piece to add to your collection!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was looking on the VCA site and some prices have actually been REDUCED! I noticed because my bracelet is less. But I think other things are lower, also. The pink gold clover perlee bracelet was around $28k when I saw it, and now it is around $25k. Unusual, but very nice unless one recently paid the higher price, like ME!!!! My original pink gold sweet bracelet is priced $50 higher. So it depends upon the piece. It's worth taking a look if you'd had your eye on something because it just might be lower!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS, can you return yours for full price since you have a receipt for what you paid for it?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1462217051|4026235 said:
I was looking on the VCA site and some prices have actually been REDUCED! I noticed because my bracelet is less. But I think other things are lower, also. The pink gold clover perlee bracelet was around $28k when I saw it, and now it is around $25k. Unusual, but very nice unless one recently paid the higher price, like ME!!!! My original pink gold sweet bracelet is priced $50 higher. So it depends upon the piece. It's worth taking a look if you'd had your eye on something because it just might be lower!

I have never hard of such a thing! But I am happy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hathalove|1462065550|4025653 said:
LLJsmom|1461835184|4024520 said:

Thank you! I was thinking of getting the 5.5 as a right hand ring. I'm torn. I normally wear a Cartier 52 (trinity) and 53 (2.5mm plain) for my right hand ring finger depending. So good to know I will most likely need to size up. Plus I dont like tight rings anyway. Do you have both the mini and the full size love ring then? If you could only choose one, which do you prefer? This decision has been driving me crazy.

Hatha, I thought I would like the skinny on my right but I actually loved the 5.5 mm.

I ended up returning it because I am saving up for something. Don't love it enough to blow that much money in it. I do love it in rose gold.

_3382.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1462212250|4026194 said:
diamondseeker2006|1462206822|4026168 said:

DS, it's the Perlee clover bracelet with diamonds. I'm picking it up tomorrow. I hope the condition is brand new, like they promised. They had to request for a few pieces for me to look at...it's to do with the serial number (long story, lol) and am also fussy about the condition.

You should wear your bracelet. It's so pretty! :love: :love:

I think I may have become a VCA convert...omg!! :rolleyes: bad for the bank a/c!
Phoenix...can't wait for pics!!!!! :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1462222643|4026271 said:
DS, can you return yours for full price since you have a receipt for what you paid for it?

No, actually when you buy in the boutique it is exchange only, which is why I exchanged the pink gold for the yellow gold in the first place. I love the bracelet, but really, I do not need this bracelet and rarely will wear it. That could be said of all the bracelets I have, but this one was more pricey than most of my bracelets. It was my fault for not asking about return policy...but I had never heard of a reputable jeweler that didn't offer one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results