shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose Gold Perfection from Erika Winters

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
It is about to be our 4 year wedding anniversary and 6 year dating anniversary, but my husband decided to give me my present(s) early since we are currently living 4 hrs apart due to work. I wasn't expecting much, but I had a feeling one of the gifts was jewelry related and it was! Now, this is a perilous endeavor to do so without my input considering how much of a PAB (pick a$$ B) I can be about my jewelry as I am very particular and OCD about my pieces and the quality of them.

My husband was plotting with Grace of Jewels by Grace to get me an Erika Winters band I had been eyeing for quite some time now (I mentioned this when her bands first came out). His exact words were, "Since your new engagement ring is going to be from Erika, I figured you might as well have a band from her too." My love for rose gold is not a secret and I am in LOVE with this peachy, romantic rose gold hue that Erika uses in her pieces.

Now, I've owned some pretty darned nice pieces, multiple pieces from Single Stone in fact. And this band blows anything I've owned out of the water due to the combination of aesthetics, little details, and the finishes. Not to say that I don't absolutely love my Single Stone pieces, but there is a romantic, feminine touch to Erika's pieces. The milgrain is absolute perfection, with macro and without even in comparison to my SS band. I cannot wait for my HFG antique cushion to be sent to Erika for my "THE ONE" ring. My husband, who does comment on jewelry from time to time, is in absolute awe of the band and there is no question in his mind that Erika Winters is the one my HFG is going to go to to have her final wardrobe fashioned. (PS, I've named my cushion, ISLA).

img_9635.jpg
My husband, also learned to crochet this replica of my beloved English Bull Terrier, Nitro. My heart dog. This is the best present in the group of presents he gave me this anniversary. He spent a little over 25 hours and 3 separate attempts to make this piece.

img_9668.jpg

img_9698.jpg
the architectural details!

img_9679_0.jpg
From back to front: Single Stone OEC Eternity band, Erika Winters Lily Band, and an antique OEC eternity band

img_9652.jpg

Sorry for the cruddy photos, the weather here has been awful the past few days with rain.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ROL, what a beautiful band! Happy anniversary!!! And can't wait to see your cushion :appl:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
bright ice|1461530483|4023136 said:
ROL, what a beautiful band! Happy anniversary!!! And can't wait to see your cushion :appl:

Thanks, Bright Ice! It will be around 12-14 weeks :) Since I am getting the girdle rehabbed, and getting her re-certed after the girdle rehab before sending her off to Erika. :sick: but better to send her off to her final outfit instead of putting her in a temp like I originally had planned.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty EW band! So glad Grace found you your HG cushion in a higher color, too! :appl:

So will you be going with a white colored metal for Isla or rose gold as well? Halo or no halo? I love halo'ed cushions! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The RG is beautiful! Great piece to stack to wear alone. Sweet hubby.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
m-2-b|1461531143|4023139 said:
Very pretty EW band! So glad Grace found you your HG cushion in a higher color, too! :appl:

So will you be going with a white colored metal for Isla or rose gold as well? Halo or no halo? I love halo'ed cushions! :love:

Thank you M2B! I will be going with platinum, and in a halo. I do have a love for elaborate halos-- solitaires unfortunately do not do it for me for my personal pieces. Love them on others, but somehow it never really caught my attention. My husband would prefer it to be a solitaire though

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1461531369|4023141 said:
The RG is beautiful! Great piece to stack to wear alone. Sweet hubby.

Laila, I love it too! It will be now a permanent part of my wedding set. It seems that I have a band obsession as I have 7 bands now :O

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, so beautiful, ROL!!! :love: The rose gold is gorgeous in that EW design! I, too, cannot WAIT to see your new cushion set! :appl:

But I have to say, your DH gets the "husband of the decade" award for crocheting you the puppy! WOW, sweetest thing EVER!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gosh! What a thoughtful man! Congrats on the Man, the ring and the dog!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful, thoughtful gifts! The crocheted dog is over the top though - gotta love it!! Your new band is beautiful - can't wait to see your new ring!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so unique.. it's quite beautiful.. :love: :love:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How wonderful! How incredibly touching that your husband learned to crochet to make you the doggy! I love that!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welllll hello Beautiful! I love the Lily! Very excited for you! I can't wait to see your EW setting! :bigsmile: and your DH is a prince! Lucky girl all the way around! :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your band but OMG. Your crocheted bull terrier :love: Your husband is such a honey

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
that dude is a keeper! :love:
love the band and the puppy! I have a spot for rose gold too.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
ROL, thank you so much for sharing the photos of your new band. The rose gold band is divine! :love: :love: :love: Love it stacked with your other beautiful bands too! :appl: My fav is the crochet tribute to your heart dog though. :dance: That's just the sweetest thing ever! I'm such a dog person so I can see why you cherish it. Congrats! :clap:

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
The band is beautiful but I am just in love with the crochet puppy!!! What a sweet gift from the heart.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect addition to your stack. It's beautiful. I too am in love with rose gold right now.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that crocheted puppy is about the sweetest thing I have ever seen! The ring is gorgeous, and I can't wait to see your e-ring!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah the ever lovely Lily! Such a lucky lady you are! Happy Anniversary to you and your rock'n awesome DH!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
The Lily band is beautiful, but I just love that your husband crocheted Nitro for you! How very sweet and thoughtful. ^^ Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! I'm sure your rose gold band will look beautiful next to your new antique cushion engagement ring. Will you be getting a completely customized ring from Erika Winters, or a variation of her existing halo designs? So excited for you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this & your whole stack of bands are beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ROL I LOVE your whole collection. It is all PERFECT. :love: And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Nitro! Super impressed that your dh made this for you. :appl: :appl: :appl: He sure is a keeper!!! :love:

Happy Anniversary and I hope you guys will be living together again very soon. :appl:

cookiebuttermonster

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Love that shade of rose gold. And I adore the crocheted dog, that is so adorable it makes me want to attempt to learn to crochet. Did he use a pattern?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That puppy and rose gold ring made my morning warm and fuzzy : )

What a wonderful husband you have!
You must be pretty wonderful too to get all this love from him : )

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful and luscious band! It is an architectural masterpiece! All of your bands look fantastic! :love:
I am smitten with the dog that your DH made for you!
Congrats on your anniversary!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOWZA, just lovely! :love:

and speaking as a long-time crocheter, your hubby is AWESOME for crocheting you that puppy. it's an ambitious project for a beginner and one that is VERY tedious when it comes to putting everything together. MEGA points to him for taking the time to do that, very impressive! From what i see, he did a really great job on Nitro. He has skillz :appl:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1461532501|4023151 said:
Oh, so beautiful, ROL!!! :love: The rose gold is gorgeous in that EW design! I, too, cannot WAIT to see your new cushion set! :appl:

But I have to say, your DH gets the "husband of the decade" award for crocheting you the puppy! WOW, sweetest thing EVER!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you for your kind words, he definitely deserves that award. He had to work on it when I was not around (he and I were switching weekends when we would visit) and he was stressed he wouldn't finish it in time, but he did. :)

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
AprilBaby|1461534050|4023158 said:
My gosh! What a thoughtful man! Congrats on the Man, the ring and the dog!

April, He is the sweetest and most thoughtful person I know. I am a very lucky woman to be able to call him my husband.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1461540427|4023180 said:
Wonderful, thoughtful gifts! The crocheted dog is over the top though - gotta love it!! Your new band is beautiful - can't wait to see your new ring!

I never knew he was capable of being crafty! I can't wait for my new ring either! :)

Tekate said:
so unique.. it's quite beautiful.. :love: :love:

Thank you! I Loveeeeee the little details that other designers often forget about.

Tourmaline said:
How wonderful! How incredibly touching that your husband learned to crochet to make you the doggy! I love that!

He really did surprise me this year, I thought it was just going to be a piece of jewelry, but instead it was a bunch of sentimental items he made or collected for me.

Mayk said:
Welllll hello Beautiful! I love the Lily! Very excited for you! I can't wait to see your EW setting! :bigsmile: and your DH is a prince! Lucky girl all the way around! :love:

We're Lily band twins now! Your husband is just darling too-- too bad you're not going this year, he liked hanging out with your hubs last year.

foxinsox said:
I love your band but OMG. Your crocheted bull terrier :love: Your husband is such a honey

It is my favorite gift out of everything he got me this year, I teared up when I saw it and he told me he had made it to look like Nitro.
Copy%20of%20nitroplay.jpg

jetmal said:
that dude is a keeper! :love:
love the band and the puppy! I have a spot for rose gold too.

I have a LOVE affair with rose gold, it's kind of unsettling. I have rose gold pieces from SS, Cartier, Tiffany, Erika Winters... all 18k but all have distinct hues.

Rockinruby said:
ROL, thank you so much for sharing the photos of your new band. The rose gold band is divine! :love: :love: :love: Love it stacked with your other beautiful bands too! :appl: My fav is the crochet tribute to your heart dog though. :dance: That's just the sweetest thing ever! I'm such a dog person so I can see why you cherish it. Congrats! :clap:

Thank you ! I have no idea what "stacking" set I shall wear her with considering I have a serious band addiction... about 7 or 8 bands that I may or may not rotate. We're very involved in dog rescue and so this meant a lot to me.

RaiKai said:
The band is beautiful but I am just in love with the crochet puppy!!! What a sweet gift from the heart.

:)

LLJsmom said:
Perfect addition to your stack. It's beautiful. I too am in love with rose gold right now.

Rose gold is such a romantic look, isn't it?

luv2sparkle said:
I think that crocheted puppy is about the sweetest thing I have ever seen! The ring is gorgeous, and I can't wait to see your e-ring!

:) It really is, and I can't wait either!

Bonfire said:
Ah the ever lovely Lily! Such a lucky lady you are! Happy Anniversary to you and your rock'n awesome DH!

I am indeed very lucky, I have no idea what I did to deserve such a loving man!

Skhii said:
The Lily band is beautiful, but I just love that your husband crocheted Nitro for you! How very sweet and thoughtful. ^^ Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! I'm sure your rose gold band will look beautiful next to your new antique cushion engagement ring. Will you be getting a completely customized ring from Erika Winters, or a variation of her existing halo designs? So excited for you!

I will be going with a completely customized halo from her :) I do love the unique and elaborate after all. My husband is in awe of her work!

Alex T said:
I love this & your whole stack of bands are beautiful!
:bigsmile:

missy said:
ROL I LOVE your whole collection. It is all PERFECT. :love: And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Nitro! Super impressed that your dh made this for you. :appl: :appl: :appl: He sure is a keeper!!! :love:

Happy Anniversary and I hope you guys will be living together again very soon. :appl:

Thank you Missy! We will be, I am moving back this Thursday since the stars have aligned and I have a new position very close to home. I will miss my colleagues at my current hospital, but it is too far away from everyone and with my current cardiac issues, I needed to move home sooner than later.

cookiebuttermonster said:
Beautiful! Love that shade of rose gold. And I adore the crocheted dog, that is so adorable it makes me want to attempt to learn to crochet. Did he use a pattern?

He did! Although he did alter the pattern as the spud eye was on the opposite side and it didn't have the brown ear. So he winged that portion. :)

Jimmianne said:
That puppy and rose gold ring made my morning warm and fuzzy : )

What a wonderful husband you have!
You must be pretty wonderful too to get all this love from him : )

Aww, you are the sweetest! I just know that I am very lucky to have him in my life and to have a man who loves me as much as he does. Especially since he puts up with my crazy dog rescue lady tendencies.

CRYSTAL24K said:
What a beautiful and luscious band! It is an architectural masterpiece! All of your bands look fantastic! :love:
I am smitten with the dog that your DH made for you!
Congrats on your anniversary!

farrahlyn said:
WOWZA, just lovely! :love:

and speaking as a long-time crocheter, your hubby is AWESOME for crocheting you that puppy. it's an ambitious project for a beginner and one that is VERY tedious when it comes to putting everything together. MEGA points to him for taking the time to do that, very impressive! From what i see, he did a really great job on Nitro. He has skillz :appl:

He found out how ambitious it was when he went to the craft store to gather supplies and obtain a needle. He did say putting it together was one of the hardest parts besides deviating from the pattern. :) He'll be very pleased to hear this compliment :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results