shape
carat
color
clarity

So I bought some new stuff...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Sharing some inspirations and ideas for some of my loose pearls.

First the single that reminds me of an apple... ::)

image_133.jpg

image_134.jpg

image_135.jpg

Will appreciate if you can share any nice apple pendant designs with me, or if you know where I can buy white gold apple "stem" pendant findings from!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
img-thing_0.jpg

I am a fan of that one!

I did a quick search but was unable to find any bails, is there a gemstone apple pendant where you could remove the leaf and stem and add, or see if your jeweler could create one for you?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
And my mismatched WSSP n tahitian pairs:

image_136.jpg

image_137.jpg

image_138.jpg

I don't think I've the budget for a design with loads of diamonds though, so I'm still on the look out for a simpler design.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1445866956|3942213 said:
img-thing_0.jpg

I am a fan of that one!

I did a quick search but was unable to find any bails, is there a gemstone apple pendant where you could remove the leaf and stem and add, or see if your jeweler could create one for you?

Thanks! I haven't come across any... Been looking at Pinterest for ideas and haven't ventured to actual stores/findings yet.
I use my iPad to surf the net and based on past experience, some sites drive me nuts with their mobile view. But I will start soon. Wish me luck!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful pearls, icy_jade. I'm really enjoying your pictures. They all have such beautiful lusture and colors.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the opposites...maybe you can find an estate setting that can be altered? I've done that with a few things...removed the old pearls and added my own.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1445863972|3942203 said:
Thank you pearlsngems, Fly Girl, pattye, pirard and Bailey.

Pirard|1445822696|3942114 said:
Icy, where was this fabulous pearl fair located? Your treasures are stunning.

Got my goodies from the Singapore Jewellery & Gem Fair:
http://www.singaporejewellerygemfair.com
This fair takes place in October yearly.

There is another annual fair in July called the Singapore International Jewellery Expo:
http://www.sije.com.sg

Actually most of the Asia cities have Jewellery fairs. The scale differs as do the vendors that go to the fairs. Based on what I've read I think the Hong Kong one is the biggest, followed by the Japanese ones? If you ever visit Asia, maybe you can try to time your visit with a Jewellery fair. Should be fun to shop... :naughty:

Ooh, I do need to look into that! I will be traveling to Japan next spring...maybe my timing will be good?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning new pearls, icy jade! I love the luster, overtones and the elegant shapes of the pearls-- they're simply mesmerizing :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love your mismatched earrings ideas. The second design, with the center accent diamond, should be easy for your jeweler to assemble from findings.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wow your new collection is amazing, very sharp luster on all of your pieces. :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Victoria, Pirard, Baby Nurse, Fly Girl (again ::) ) and Lovinggems.

Pirard: where do you find your estate pieces from? I'm not sure if I can find something similar in my country.
Do check re: entry requirements before you go. I know the smaller country fairs are quite relaxed about retail customers going into the fair but I'm not sure if the bigger ones are stricter like the Hong Kong fairs.

Fly Girl: I've a few items to set and adding diamond accents drives the cost up quite quickly. I'm still unsure if I want to go that route... Or to find simpler settings.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Quite update. I found a finding that's somewhat apple-ish. Am not convinced that I like it enough though.

What do you ladies think?

image_140.jpg

image_141.jpg

image_142.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wore my goldens today!

Ok, must admit that I much prefer to wear my Wssp n admire the GSSP on the table/neck bust cos really the GSSP isn't flattering on my skin. But it's got such lovely overtones that I've no regrets getting it. :loopy:

image_143.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that apple pendant setting, perhaps not as much as others that have been posted but enough that I would get it to have *something* set in it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1445954102|3942537 said:
Quite update. I found a finding that's somewhat apple-ish. Am not convinced that I like it enough though.

What do you ladies think?

image_140.jpg

image_141.jpg

image_142.jpg

I Like that a lot. My only concern would be about the dimple in your pearl, since that offers little top coverage if the dimple part isn't attractive it may be distracting, but if the dimple has some nice color and luster that would be a beautiful bail for it.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett said:
I Like that a lot. My only concern would be about the dimple in your pearl, since that offers little top coverage if the dimple part isn't attractive it may be distracting, but if the dimple has some nice color and luster that would be a beautiful bail for it.

Oh. The dimple is why I got the pearl. Cos I think it looks like the top of an actual apple. ::)
So I want a setting that shows the dimple.

baby nurse|1445961259|3942576 said:
I love that apple pendant setting, perhaps not as much as others that have been posted but enough that I would get it to have *something* set in it.

Here's another that I just found. Looks similar.

image_145.jpg

image_146.jpg

image_147.jpg

I think I prefer the first. What do you ladies think?

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
I can actually see this being a really cool and interesting pearl pendant and agree want to see dimple in. I really like the thicker stem and prefer the look of leaf off pearl so not to cover pretty pearl. I also like the first pic you posted using a crystal pendant and how it used a marquise shape diamond for leaf. Maybe combination of last pic just posted with the first of the crystal one. Also not sure if you mentioned and I missed but is it white or yellow gold. If yellow gold then x color diamond leaf would look very pretty especially for fall now. Wow this is fun project!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
IcyJ, I've been looking for a leaf pendant bail like this. Where is it from?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Victoria10|1445992803|3942800 said:
I can actually see this being a really cool and interesting pearl pendant and agree want to see dimple in. I really like the thicker stem and prefer the look of leaf off pearl so not to cover pretty pearl. I also like the first pic you posted using a crystal pendant and how it used a marquise shape diamond for leaf. Maybe combination of last pic just posted with the first of the crystal one. Also not sure if you mentioned and I missed but is it white or yellow gold. If yellow gold then x color diamond leaf would look very pretty especially for fall now. Wow this is fun project!

Thank you. It will be in white gold as I don't usually wear yg. I'll continue to post updates re: this project here. :))

Bailey1856 said:
IcyJ, I've been looking for a leaf pendant bail like this. Where is it from?

Pm-ed you.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
This thread just gets better and better!

IcyJade, your new SSP strands are magnificent. The combination of luster, colour, and size... wow! I love the photos showing the overtones of the GSS.

I can see why the WSS is more wearable in terms of skin tone. But believe me, wearing those pearls, nobody will pay that much attention to your skin tone -- they must be very distracting in real life.

The mismatched earring idea is just lovely. I would include even just a diamond accent in each earring, because it makes the pearls stand out more. And those pearls deserve it!

As for the apple finding, I like the second one you posted better.

I look forward to updates on these projects! Your pearls are so amazingly beautiful! :appl: :appl: :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Here are my new 13mm fwp n 15mm ssp button studs from Lecollier on Rakuten.

Glamour pics first:
13mm fwp buttons. It was either 3 (luster) or 5 (whiteness) and I went with 5 cos whiter whites pop better on me
image_666.jpg

image_667.jpg

image_672.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I would say the vendor pics are fairly accurate. No unpleasant surprises here. The pearls don't have super clean surfaces but you get what you pay for.

With poj 11-12mm metallics
image_668.jpg

With my ssp strand. Pics/pearls looking a bit more yellow than in reality
image_669.jpg

Fell for these giant studs cos they reminded me of my bluish dumpling pearl n the color is a really close match!
image_670.jpg

You can see the poj studs r peachier in color. I think the 13mm studs r a shockingly good match to my ssp. Separated by half a head n a neck I really don't think the difference is obvious
image_671.jpg

I like the 13mm on me. The color n size r just right. The 15mm as expected r too big but I can always reset the pearls as rings so I'm not upset. Plus super PSS may set in after some time so you never know haha.

I do really need more of those plastic stabilisers that poj provides for their big pearls. Anyone knows where I can order some good ones?

Oh ya, will post ear shots when I manage to get some decent shots. Ok, off to mummy duties again. ::)

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful buttons, Icy! Now to see how they match your PP giant strands :)

Are the bluish also from that Rakuten store? They are beautiful.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
The pearls look beautiful icy jade.

I found those plastic earring backs with pads on Amazon.

Also thank you for the information with pearls of joy website. I was looking at ripple necklace for my mom and wasn't sure. But I think I will try them out now. :wavey:

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Oh almost forgot or maybe I have missed since I have been not on for a while (please forgive if I missed). Have you decided what setting to do for your apple pearl?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Didn't realised they were from Le Collier, beautiful selection IJ!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yes both are from that store.

And the Apple pearl (along with all the others) have not been set. No time before n after baby came out... :???:
I will update when they are finally set.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So i had the opportunity to see Icy's Wave Strand in real life... and my oh my. it really is a beauty.

Each pearl - the colours were so unique and beautiful. The size of some of them were amazingly huge. And the quality of the pearls were stunning - hardly any blemish in sight.

Thank you Icy for being so kind to bring the Wave out to meet me :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit...I'm so envious of the wave strand. Oh, the ombré strand too. Well, all of Icy's collection really. I want to come live there and go shopping with you!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The annual Singapore International Jewelry Expo (SIJE) took place 21-24 July last month and as usual I bought a couple of things.

Group shot:
image_1003.jpg

The earrings! Wssps n Tahitians
image_1004.jpg

Close ups. The Wssp drops are from last year's fair. Love the diamond settings that I found this year.
image_1005.jpg

And the uniquely colored wssp that I've nicknamed 'bean'
image_1006.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results