shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you miss most about being "young"?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1461102218|4021380 said:
LLJsmom|1461098794|4021357 said:
My vision, hearing and memory.

Now I enjoy not caring as much what people think of me. A woman at the gym today told me I looked great but why I didn't fix my graying hair. I'm mid 40s and have over 50% white hair. I just laughed at her. I told her that I don't care enough. She said that don't I care about looking badly. I said I don't think I do. If other people do, that is their problem, not mine. The only person I would do it for is my mom. It bothers her more than it bothers me. But I don't want her to be upset about it. And it's not a big enough deal that I would color or not color to upset her. So when she wants to do it for me, cool. If not, cool. I'm not gonna pay for it. I save $80. :)

If you ever want to try to do it yourself, Revlon Colorsilk! $2.99 a box, ammonia-free, and looks incredible!

That said, I can't believe a stranger would say that to you. Very rude!

+1. I would have sprayed her with my water bottle! :saint: :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being able to drop five pounds in a week.... Now I need the stomach flu to achieve that... :errrr:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss the most about being young? I miss being able to move with out hurting....

What do I love about being my age? I am closer to retirement

What I am looking forward to? grandchildren

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
What do I miss most about being "young"?
Not much. I was a late bloomer and didn't have much confidence, and was just geeky and awkward. I also was not in the best shape because I ate like crap.

Regarding the age I am now what do I love most?
I love the life I have built with my husband, and kids. I'm at a point in my career where I'm confident, and really good at what I do, and not stressed about money. I also finally blossomed in my late 30's early 40's (finally feel pretty).

What am I most looking forward to in my "older" age?
My kids growing up, becoming independent, and grandkids too!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewEnglandLady|1461090665|4021276 said:
I miss my flat stomach. I also miss that feeling of having my whole life in front of me.
My girdle went from very thin to extra thick... ;(

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1461105944|4021400 said:
I miss my flat stomach. I also miss that feeling of having my whole life in front of me.

So, do you have fisheye now?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1461102663|4021384 said:

Now I enjoy not caring as much what people think of me. A woman at the gym today told me I looked great but why I didn't fix my graying hair. I'm mid 40s and have over 50% white hair. I just laughed at her. I told her that I don't care enough. She said that don't I care about looking badly. I said I don't think I do. If other people do, that is their problem, not mine. The only person I would do it for is my mom. It bothers her more than it bothers me. But I don't want her to be upset about it. And it's not a big enough deal that I would color or not color to upset her. So when she wants to do it for me, cool. If not, cool. I'm not gonna pay for it. I save $80. :)

If you ever want to try to do it yourself, Revlon Colorsilk! $2.99 a box, ammonia-free, and looks incredible!

cheers--Sharon

Yes, it was very rude to say it in the first place, and to keep pressing her point, it was downright mean.

But I wasn't going to let her get to me. I did not let her impose her issues on me. She said that she can't stand her white hair so she colors it. That's not me. Not my issue. But her being rude was not going to make me rude. That matters more to me, who I am.

Thank you Laila. If I ever feel the need, I will try it. :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1461106777|4021404 said:

All SI stones look "eye clean" now...Is that the same as fisheye?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1461087555|4021242 said:
My boobs were higher.
Any before and after pics??... :naughty:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1461106777|4021404 said:

And are you a little sleepy looking??? :lol:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My body.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
What do I miss most about being "young"?

The feeling that our whole lives were in front of us and every day was full of possibilities.

Regarding the age I am now what do I love most?

I'm mostly retired now, and it is soooo much more relaxing. I don't have to do nuthin'! :bigsmile:

What am I most looking forward to in my "older" age?

I am very much looking forward to menopause! I would like to put all that behind me. My doctor was astounded I still haven't had it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My metabolism. 8)

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't miss much about being younger.

I'm 32 now and I can't think of a better time in my life. I have a chronic illness that wasn't diagnosed until I was 30. One of the symptoms was anemia that was resistant to treatment. I was pale, had thinning hair, and no energy at 20. I could bare walk upstairs and forget about male attention. I have no idea how I managed to keep DH around.

Now that I am managint my illness I have loads of energy. I run, go to hot yoga, and do resistance training. My skin isn't ghostly white anymore and my hair is awesome. Finally getting some male attention, although now that I'm married it doesn't matter as much.

I love that I have a challenging career and a great husband. Travelling is so much better when you're not sick!

I've never been better.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What do you miss most about being "young"?

I miss being able to stay up all night and be fine the next day. I miss not having aches and pains. I miss the hope and optimism I had experiencing new things in life.

What I like about the age I am now is I am okay with myself and have reached a point where I am not afraid to be me and generally I don't really worry about what other people think of me.

What do I look forward to being older? Hopefully being alive. Ha ha. And still able to enjoy life doing things I like to do. More quiet time, more short trips and less stress in life.

Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss not having to be a "responsible adult", lol.

I like having more freedom financially (was a student for too many years)

I look forward to working less and do more fun stuff instead :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1461102663|4021384 said:

cheers--Sharon

...Or strap her to the treadmill and put the speed on maximum... tell her it bothers you to see people so out of shape... :halo: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: Natural is beautiful! Such nonsense!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I miss about being young is having small boobs and having them both be the same size. After two kids they decided to take off and one is so much bigger than the other it could have its own zip code. So I have to adjust constantly so that they don't look lopsided.

What I enjoy about my current age is confidence and just really not giving two bits about what others think. It has taken a lot to get here.

When I'm older I look forward to spending more time with the husband and doing fun adult things. Now it's a struggle because the kids are little and we have no help at all. I would love to go see a show or go overnight at a B&B so hopefully we will get to do that in, oh 16 years or so.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
What I miss most:
- My stamina - I used to have what felt like unlimited energy to be on the go all the time.
- Feeling that most of my life is still ahead of me.
- Some of the invincibility most of us normally feel in our youth and the carefree feeling that fostered.

What I enjoy about my current age (early 50s):
- Financial security
- An even more heightened awareness of how blessed I am - I've always felt blessed, but the awareness becomes more acute with age.
- The rich history I've built with my husband in almost 15 years together.
- The time and financial freedom to pursue the things that make me intrinsically happy.

What I most look forward to:
- Retirement
- What I hope will be years and years more time with my husband
- Watching my friends' kids grow into adults

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1461162743|4021649 said:
What I miss about being young is having small boobs and having them both be the same size. After two kids they decided to take off and one is so much bigger than the other it could have its own zip code. So I have to adjust constantly so that they don't look lopsided.

Mine used to be smaller and higher too. I went from a 32B to a 32long. No lie. I also have one that looks you straight in the eye and one that wanders towards my armpit.

Sorry, no pics DF. :lol: :lol: :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, *everything* except lack of funds and cluelessness about people. Other than that, I'd be 26 again in a MINUTE.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvshinythings|1461169041|4021707 said:
StephanieLynn|1461162743|4021649 said:

Mine used to be smaller and higher too. I went from a 32B to a 32long. No lie. I also have one that looks you straight in the eye and one that wanders towards my armpit.

Sorry, no pics DF. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA dead from laughter.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Being further from death, that's what I miss...I had more time ahead of me.

That's all. I feel great, no aches or pains or medical conditions. I'm 60. My face looks great, naturally no wrinkles or any changes, I've been told my face looks age 30. It's because of no sun, no drinking or smoking, and a very strict spartan diet (now am vegan after over 35 years as lacto-vegetarian.) I've lost a lot of weight in 2016 from giving up cheese. So physically, I feel and look 30, except for a lower energy level - but actually, I do look 60 because I do one thing to not hide my age - I don't dye my hair. So people either think I am 60 - my hair is almost snow white...or they think I am a 30 year-old-albino...or sometimes they guess me being in my early 40's. The other rough thing that's happened is many of my family members and friends have died or gotten really sick lately. They are 60 and older. You start losing many loved ones and you know your time left is more limited.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My body and my health.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have much that I miss - just my skin and hair. Except for the skin on my face the rest has become dry and wrinkly. After my 3 pregnancies my hair has become a frizzy mess it's thinning and turning gray. I cover the grays with clairol root touch up. Now the second glance looks I get are from older males which is fine by me , I'm 46 I don't want a teenager or millennials giving me an appreciative once over.

My deepest anxiety and one that plagues me often is losing my mother. She's 84 and always comments that she doesn't have much longer. I tell her she's speaking nonsense . She goes to yoga, LA Fitness for workout, painting classes and gets accupuncture from a MD who's a serious hippie in Ojai, CA. She lives life to the fullest. Last year she went to marsaille France to paint with a group of artists, this year she's going to visit relatives in Japan. She lives alone in a 4 bedroom house she maintains on her own , she drives . But I know she's maybe got 10-12 tops and that saddens me to no end.

I love seeing my two older kids come into their own, I think my 6 year old keeps son me youngish. I enjoy my husbands company as we go through life together.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1461108241|4021413 said:
Yes, it was very rude to say it in the first place, and to keep pressing her point, it was downright mean.

But I wasn't going to let her get to me. I did not let her impose her issues on me. She said that she can't stand her white hair so she colors it. That's not me. Not my issue. But her being rude was not going to make me rude. That matters more to me, who I am.

That is a really awesome attitude LLJsmom. Good for you.

Do you consider yourself a very confident person?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1461102718|4021385 said:
Being able to drop five pounds in a week.... Now I need the stomach flu to achieve that... :errrr:

LOL! I couldn't lose 5 lb. in a week now even WITH the stomach flu! Those were the good old days huh?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss having ample estrogen to maintain better skin, healthy muscle tone, and a good healthy sex life.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is sort of 'personal' but a sex drive, I still have one, but i would love to be 32 again.

I feel happy now, at 63 I feel happy with myself.

I do miss the looking ahead is longer than looking back...

I would love to be 32 again.. (I know I said that above btw).. all things were possible.. I was working for IBM
working hard.. making great money, a Honda Prelude and a soon to be ex husband.. 'dating' a lot of guys ;-)
having a lot of fun! :dance: but these last 31 years have brought my 28 year old son and my 24 year old son
and as they both has finally found jobs, graduated from college and one is getting ready to propose, these things
I love about my now. And I love my husband, the guy has funded me in my jewelry for 31 years!

peace.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This post has me LOL. Monnie and Mayk thank you so much for the laughs today!

Probably the face, body and hair I had in my 20's. I am so grateful that I am healthy and have people that love me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results