shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD 1.95ctw yellow gold studs plus a couple of family shots!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't *think* I've ever posted these here and I've had these for a while at this point....

These are my BGD K VS1 and K VS2 1.95ctw studs in yellow gold. I can't see, off hand, whether they're 18kt or 14kt, but they're as yellow as my 18kt rings, so I'm going to guess 18kt for these also.

I love these studs and I wear them a LOT. They're a 'take you anywhere' kind of earring which has substantial presence on the ear (they're 10mm from side to side, and larger diagonally) and they have a nice chunkiness to them. Very comfortable and, in my opinion, classy.

The tint to the K colored diamonds and the yellow gold work beautifully together. I've also always wanted to get a pair in platinum with higher colored diamonds, but that's still a pipe dream at this point.

And I've included a couple of 'family shots' to follow also. :))

img_11506.jpg

img_11507.jpg

img_11508.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: BGD 1.95ctw yellow gold studs plus a couple of family sh

And here's the family! David Klass and Amy are making me a solid gold bangle in a month or two, so that will be a nice addition. I'm also going back and forth on a yellow gold diamond necklace, but that's a complicated procedure and will take a while. As my yellow gold collection expands, I'll post shots of the growing family. :)

img_11509.jpg

img_11510.jpg

img_11511.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful family you have there MrsBlop! Would love to see some ear shots of your beautiful diamond studs. :wavey:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous studs! :love: :love: :love:

I would love to see ear shots also!

I love your family photos! You have such a classic collection!

Quality bezel studs are on my list of things that "I must have" at some point in the future and I do love a nice bezel so your write up of K colored diamonds in a yellow gold bezel helps me a lot. :appl: Except for my wedding set, most of the jewelry that I wear is yellow gold.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oooh, what a stunning YG collection. :love: :love: :love:
The studs are gorgeous. Very 'Erika Winters'. I love the classic yet updated look.
Thanks for sharing!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

mrs-blop|1461004335|4020842 said:
And here's the family! David Klass and Amy are making me a solid gold bangle in a month or two, so that will be a nice addition. I'm also going back and forth on a yellow gold diamond necklace, but that's a complicated procedure and will take a while. As my yellow gold collection expands, I'll post shots of the growing family. :)

Can you tell me more about this solid gold bangle you are having made by David Klass? Who is Amy? I'm in the market for one. Was going to order from Karen Wickman who is on eBay. She makes them in all karat ranges and uses solid gold wire. Was considering an 18k or maybe 22k one. I've recently been obsessed with bangles!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Everything matches perfectly, mrs-blop! :appl: Now we must have some ear shots to see how they look on the lobes, please!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

Those are fabulous!!!!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock

I LOVE those :love: :love: :love: They remind me of Coati's ring...one of my faves! Ear shots! Ear shots!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the kind comments, ladies. Just to clarify something though - Coatimundi's designs are almost certainly copyrighted or protected in some way. These were intentionally designed to be a straight up cushion-shaped bezel for round centers, not a copy of anyone else's idea, and were done some years ago.

Don't want to sound all school-ma'am-ish or anything, just want to make sure Coati's designs remain hers, and mine remain mine.

Now - re ear shots....

I have NEVER taken a decent ear shot! I don't have a smart phone and using a camera has been spectacularly unsuccessful. So imagination might have to do. I'll give taking ear shots a go, but nobody should hold their breath!

Thank you again for the very kind comments - I absolutely love these earrings and they're not like any earrings I've seen before. They're kind of my 'grown up' earrings. :))

Valmanin - I should say, though - I TOTALLY imitated your ring setting! Just the most beautiful ring on PS in my opinion, and you'll see that I included it in the PS Hall of Fame - Iconic Pieces thread. LOVE your ring!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hathalove|1461010472|4020881 said:
mrs-blop|1461004335|4020842 said:

Can you tell me more about this solid gold bangle you are having made by David Klass? Who is Amy? I'm in the market for one. Was going to order from Karen Wickman who is on eBay. She makes them in all karat ranges and uses solid gold wire. Was considering an 18k or maybe 22k one. I've recently been obsessed with bangles!

Hi hathalove!

Amy is David's business partner, and she does most of his designs.

I took them a truck load of gold jewelry I no longer wear, and it seems I have enough to make a bangle the same size and shape as the silver one they made me for Christmas. I really want to wear the two of them together and think they'll look smashing!

Since we're melting down a bunch of things, I can't recall if it was going to turn out 14kt or 18kt. Either way, I'm very much looking forward to it as I wear a bangle all the time, so I know I'll get a lot of wear from it.

Unfortunately, tho, a number of the gold pieces had diamonds in them, so now I have a whole bunch of random diamonds I have to find settings for.... There is no end to this whole jewelry thing, is there?!

Please let me know what you decide to do re a bangle; I can't recommend David and Amy enough - you just can't beat their prices or their customer service.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock

mrs-blop|1461030133|4020967 said:
Thanks for the kind comments, ladies. Just to clarify something though - Coatimundi's designs are almost certainly copyrighted or protected in some way. These were intentionally designed to be a straight up cushion-shaped bezel for round centers, not a copy of anyone else's idea, and were done some years ago.

Don't want to sound all school-ma'am-ish or anything, just want to make sure Coati's designs remain hers, and mine remain mine.

Now - re ear shots....

I have NEVER taken a decent ear shot! I don't have a smart phone and using a camera has been spectacularly unsuccessful. So imagination might have to do. I'll give taking ear shots a go, but nobody should hold their breath!

Thank you again for the very kind comments - I absolutely love these earrings and they're not like any earrings I've seen before. They're kind of my 'grown up' earrings. :))

Valmanin - I should say, though - I TOTALLY imitated your ring setting! Just the most beautiful ring on PS in my opinion, and you'll see that I included it in the PS Hall of Fame - Iconic Pieces thread. LOVE your ring!!

Oh wow! I just went and looked at your ring! I love it in YG too! How cool! I'm flattered. :bigsmile: Honestly, I didn't think you were "copying" Coati's design or anything...hopefully it didn't sound like that :oops: ...just thought it was a cool look that reminded me of her ring which is an all-timer imo! There are only so many ways we can stick a diamond in metal and put it in our ears or on our hands. We all use each other for "inspiration"! Love it!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yummy yellow gold! Beautiful family!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats, beautiful earrings, I think we need to see them modelled as well!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! And I am a sucker for rich yellow gold too :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ahhh, what a gorgeous compliment to your beautiful rings!!! :love: :appl:

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock

Ooooooh! I love all the buttery yellow! You have a gorgeous collection :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful earrings and gorgeous family.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats, beautiful earrings :!:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful earrings. Love your whole bling family. :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You have a stunning collection!! YG is so rich looking.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

... and oh what a family... :love: :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love these and the richness of the yellow gold.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Truly beautiful and classic diamond "family" :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks AprilBaby, arkieb1, Alex_T, diamondseeker, grateful4life, marcy, Dancing Fire, missy, Laila619, Scandinavian, LLJsmom and PintoBean! :) :wavey:

I'm very much looking forward to getting my bangle and (one day) my necklace, and rounding out my family. The necklace will be quite a business, as it will involve a cushion, 2 tapered baguettes, a pear, and a bunch of small diamonds intricately set up the chain, plus a hand made chain and a lot of metal work. I have all the diamonds and have thought about this for a loooong time, and it will be (for me, anyway) a major undertaking and fairly expensive, due to the level of work involved. In the end, it should have roughly 2.5ctw of diamonds in it - which doesn't sound like a lot - but which will entail a lot of stones, all of which need to be individually set. I'm not doing bezels on the chain, either, so Amy (DK's partner) and I have been discussing how to set them so that they look different and distinctive. One day.... :)

In the meantime, I get to enjoy my current family members, which I love! I never, EVER, thought I'd own a ring this beautiful and sizeable, and I feel very blessed and spoiled. And my earrings are exactly what I've wanted for such a long time.

Very grateful to BGD, too, for their work with me on this; they're a dream to work with!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, ok... So I had nothing better to do with my time. So I thought I'd take some family shots of my yellow gold collection. I have 4 collections of jewelry - yellow gold, rose gold, white metal (white gold and platinum) and pearl. I'm still short one diamond pendant for the yellow gold collection, but it's baaaasically finished and here it is. :)

ETA Whoops! Hit enter too soon! The first two photos are of the yellow gold collection in total. I left out random incomplete pieces, or pieces that seemed repetitive, but this is basically 'it'. The third photo is of my new DK 14kt solid yg bangle - which matches my silver one and my rose gold one and, soon to be added, diamond one. :D The earrings are Tiffany Elsa Peretti hearts earrings. They represent the most ridiculously out-of-proportion, price-wise, piece of jewelry I have ever owned. They are currently $2700 on the Tiffany site, tho at the time they were bought for me as a gift, they were $1800. Insane. But lush. Oh, so lush! They're size medium, but they have a LOT of gold in them, and they're weighty and visible and I love them. Take you anywhere - daytime or nighttime.

The last photo is of my bangle plus my charm bracelet. The charms are rose gold, but I want to move them over to a rose gold charm bracelet and replace them with yellow gold charms which I currently own. And which are, frankly, more me and more meaningful. I just haven't gotten around to it.

img_12171.jpg

img_12174.jpg

img_12175.jpg

img_12176.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My yellow gold rings. Pretty much done here, though I *do* dream of turning my solitaire into a 3 stone, with 1.5ct stones on each side. Never gonna happen and I'm pretty sure my DH would show me the door. The door to the doghouse, that is!

In order -

3.16ct I VS2 rb in DK 18kt setting.
1.05ctw tiffany 7 stone ring in 18kt yellow gold - bar set
2.7ctw (approx) eternity ring in 18kt yg by DK
1.32ctw eternity, made with 4pt stones by a local jeweler here in LA. Set in 18kt yg.
My wedding band. Most important piece of jewelry I own.

img_12177.jpg

img_12178.jpg

img_12179.jpg

img_12180.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My mother's (very old) solid gold watch. band in rose gold, watch head in yellow gold. Hard to know which camp this one goes in (yellow or rose gold) so I wear it with either.

Next - necklaces. My small pearl, my medium ruby cab (a la Barry B) with tourm and diamond, my large antique hammered gold locket with pink sapphire on heavy gold muff chain from the turn of the century. Chains range between 9kt (the muff chain) and 18kt (the ruby chain), while the pearl chain is 14kt.

Last photo is a close up of that glorious chain! There was originally 48" of it with a gorgeous lock, but it was broken down into 2 necklaces and one bracelet, which still retains the original lock. It could be reassembled, I suppose, but I just don't have a lot of use for fur muffs. Especially not in California. :)

img_12181.jpg

img_12182.jpg

img_12183.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And lastly - earrings and pin.

The earrings are my gold hoops - 1) Tiffany Elsa Peretti, 2) Tiffany...Nuovo? I can't recall. They're the smaller hoops (1 1/8"), anyway. 3) And the last pear are Blue Nile 1.5". Both Tiffany pairs are 18kt, the BN pair are 14kt. ETA The diamond studs, of course, are the BGD ones from earlier in this thread.

And finally - Peter Torraca cut citrine - very deep color. You can lose yourself in this stone! Set with diamonds in platinum on either side and 18kt for the rest of the setting.

And that's the yellow gold collection! Mainly this photo dump was to show my new DK gold bangle. But I had the camera out and I thought "What the heck...." I've thrown out, sold, or melted down a zillion things in getting to this point, and this is a far more modest collection that I've had in the past. But these are all things I wear and love, and they cover all occasions for me.

Thanks for indulging me! :wavey:

img_12184.jpg

img_12185.jpg

img_12186.jpg

img_12187.jpg

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

Yellow gold doesn't get enough love... thanks for sharing your collection! I love your BGD studs. :love: Any chance of ear shots, maybe using a mirror? :halo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results