shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite spring/summer activity?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that many of us are enjoying more mild and sunnier weather I was wondering what do you do outdoors now that you cannot enjoy during the colder months?

Of course our beloved California/Arizona and other temperate climate weather PSers don't have this much of a temperature difference as some of us do and can enjoy their outdoor activities all year round practically but still hope they will chime in to this thread.

I'll start.
My dh and I are looking forward to cycling by the shore again. Today will be our first cycling day of 2016. Excited but a little nervous too. Some of you might understand why I have a few nervous butterflies about starting cycling again though definitely more excited than nervous. :sun:

Also we are enjoying walks on the beach again. And though we do walk around outside all year round (mainly in the city) we are back to enjoying our beach house much more due to the milder (yet still cool as it is in the 50s Fahrenheit right now) and enjoying just being outside in the sun and crisp cool air knowing it will be warmer soon enough.

We love the change in seasons from snowy cold weather to the more mild temps and sunny warmer days.
And the autumn with the leaves changing colors is my favorite season of all though I enjoy this time of year right now knowing there is a lot of good (hopefully!) outdoor weather to look forward to. :appl:

calvinandhobbesmovingfromspringtosummer.jpg

calvinandhobbesenjoyingnature.jpg

calvinandhobbesfirstsignofspring.jpg

calvinandhobbesspringcleaning.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without a doubt, CAMPING in a tent.

Next trip in June 2016, and another in September 2016, can't wait!

Hopefully, the weather will be nicer than the disastrous trip over Easter!

I normally have another trip in July, however, not this year due to my trip to LA at the end of July/beginning of August.

DK :))

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gardening

Boating/going to the lake every weekend

Grilling out

Sitting on the patio at our favorite restaurants

Music/movies in the park

Farmers Market

Hiking in the National Forest or just walking on the trails all around us.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Being outside in my yard-working in it or just relaxing and looking at it. Going for walks. Swimming.

Q

Queenie60

Walking my dogs, enjoying my beautiful yard with all of its blooms, doing my workouts outside and gardening.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We do a lot of hiking and backpacking in the summer as well as travel abroad. Haven't been able to garden much but that's about to change. Met with a landscaper yesterday and we sketched out a rough idea for a total redo of our backyard. Raised veggie and flower beds, a greenhouse, water features, granite paths, a parterre, and all new plantings. I am thrilled (remind me I said that when I'm weeding and pruning next year).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stargazing without wearing layers and layers of clothes to keep warm.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being able to hang my sheets on our clothesline. I mean I know it's not much of an "activity" but gosh I love line dried sheets and blankets

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Walking with my DH (and dog)
Grilling out
Gardening/planting/weeding

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farmers market
Ice cream!
Second annual "playground tour"
Walking the dog without freezing
Playing in the yard with the kids (bubbles, chalk, digging in the dirt etc.)
Pajama walks with the kids

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Puppmom!
Farmer's Martket! Fresh, local produce.
Zucchini, eggplant, beets, carrots, tomatoes! Put them all on a baking sheet and roast them!

Cherries, apples, peaches, pears----make some pie!
The way to a man's heart................

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farmers markets! They aren't up and running just yet but should be in the next couple of weeks.

We also have a really nice lake with walking trails where people let their dogs go off leash so I take our big dog there so he can run and enjoy the streams and he loves that. We went this past Saturday and I can't wait to go again.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going to the park with the kids. Or just spending time in our backyard on a blanket with books and toys. Joy of my life in the springtime. :))

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Obviously keeping my boat and I off the water during the summer is next to impossible :roll:

When I was 18-19, one thing I used to absolutely LOVE doing was tours with my bands during the summer months and for so many different reasons. The warmer weather didn't affect finger dexterity so the band played better, the great drives through the outback between shows with rock music blaring like we were in a movie, 9 out of 10 people in the crowd topless with sweat and beer flying around everywhere, eating and drinking whatever we wanted and still coming home 20lb lighter after a month on the road.
Tours during the winter just weren't the same, the shows were great but the summer tours altogether were the best fun I have ever had in music.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strolling anywhere and everywhere, outside!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know.
Here on the beach in Southern California it's always summer.

Isn't it like that everywhere?

screen_shot_2016-04-18_at_3.png

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
May favorite summer activity is going to all the different street fests and listening to live music outside while enjoying a cold beverage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results