color
clarity

Sick kitty...

lulu

Ideal_Rock
So so sorry for your loss.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry honey. She was loved, desperately, and she knew it. Every day with you, with every touch, with every look. The loss you feel reflects the love you shared. It's a testament to you commitment to her. ((BIG HUGS))

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry you lost your furry family member. She was lucky to have you, and you to have her. My thoughts are with you and your DH during this hard time.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry TP. This is such a difficult time...I wish you peace in knowing that you did the right thing for her.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry TP, this is really hard, sending thoughts of comfort to you and dh. (((hugs)))

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finn and Maggie The Westies and me send condolences on your loss and we hope that you find some comfort that you gave Lily so much love and care and family.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
how are you holding up TP

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't been on here in a while. So sorry for your loss, Too Patient. She was a lovely kitty.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient, I am so sorry for your loss. Lily was a much beloved kitty and she had a wonderful life with you and your family. She knew how much she was loved and adored and you gave her the best possible life. I am so sorry. Biggest hugs and love to you and I am keeping you in my thoughts.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry TooPatient. I'm thinking of you during this sad time and sending hugs!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!
I have been reading this thread from the beginning, and was hoping your kitty would make it.
I'm so sad to hear this.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your continued hugs and support. This has been such a rough week. I am mostly just taking it easy and snuggling our other animals right now. They are mostly doing well, but one is taking it hard.

I am soaking in a nice bath right now while DH explains to "A" (again) why it was not nice to ask me when we are getting another animal...

My heart hurts. I have cried until it feels I have no more tears. Now I am sort of numb. I know it will get easier. It is just so hard... The first dinner without her. The first feeding the cats without her. The first bath without her in 11 years.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss Too Patient.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, TP. :(sad

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, TooPatient.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking for another thread and realized I forgot to come back and share a little more.

We have no regrets about our choice. Looking back, I wish we had done sooner but then I know I would have always wondered if she could have gotten better if we had tried more (stronger antibiotics, thyroid, steroids, whatever).

I called the vet who came out to our home when we lost Sentra. She was able to make it out to our house that evening (about 7 hours after I spoke with her). I got home, hoping desperately for some positive improvement, and found Lily was at least as bad as she was that morning. I brought her out (as she could no longer walk) and snuggled with her on her favorite couch until the vet showed up. The vet sat on the couch with us and just talked with me for awhile while observing Lily. She agreed it was time and we had tried all we could.

Lily got to stay snuggled on the couch. First was a sedative so she would feel no discomfort at all. Then we waited and petted her until the vet could confirm. All of our other cats gathered around her. One sat right next to her and very gently cleaned her fur. Then came the real injection. Just the one. We kept petting her and Buddy kept gently cleaning her. He knew when she was gone and walked away to just sit and watch.

I am so glad she was home for the end. It was peaceful and quiet. No anxious car ride. No panic in a vet exam room. Just her happy spot on the couch surrounded by love.

We chose to drive her to the crematorium as we did for Sentra. I picked up her ashes a couple of weeks ago along with the memorial paw print stone.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient - {{{hugs}}}

You have such a calming way with your words, no matter the situation. This is a part of the circle of life that I do not look forward to, but hearing you story gives me comfort in knowing that the end of life can be peaceful and loving.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
So sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose a fur baby.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss, TP.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is so hard.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results