shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring jackets - are they worth it?

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all! First of all, I am planning to reset my 1.47 ctw OEC studs in a yellow gold milgrain bezel (either BGD or CVB) pretty soon. So, I'm not even sure that would work with jackets, but...

For those of you that have earring jackets, how often do you wear them? Only for dressy occasions or do they feel like an every day piece? Trying to figure out how much use they would get.

Also, does anyone have jackets set in RG or YG? I have scoured PS and can't find any.

Thanks!!!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the bezel would be fabulous- and you probably wouldn't even want the jackets after that! I'm not sure they would work with the bezel anyway, thought they might if they were sized correctly. I mainly think the look would be "off" more than anything.

I have a few sets of jackets which were given to me and I never wear them.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think a bezel with a halo'd jacket might be overkill, but that's just my opinion. I have the IDJ 5 pointer jackets to go with my 5.5mm studs. I just got a pair of BK leverback dangles, so they are my new fav right now, but I DO wear my jackets quite often, even with jeans. I think that they can be dressed up or down and never look out of place (though we volunteer at a homeless shelter and I don't wear any jewelry there...kind of feels ostentatious, if you kwim?)...but otherwise, they are my go-to for everything.

I also have a collection of cabochon studs in a ton of different colors, so that I can use the jackets for more than just my diamond studs.....they were relatively inexpensive and I love them....hope this helps you make a decision!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a very small pair of jackets to fit approx 4mm stones. I have diamond studs plus 2 sapphire pairs that I wear with them- they really work to make the coloured stones pop and I wear them a lot! They add versatility, I think.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! Good opinions and info! Got me thinking. I want to do the YG bezels because that's the setting I have always wanted. I also wanted a dressier option...not really because I don't think the studs are big enough. In my mind they would look like this...of course with a diamond in the middle and YG. Am I way off base?

il_340x270_6.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I stand absolutely corrected! I think earrings that look like that would be stunning!!!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire|1460502709|4018502 said:
I stand absolutely corrected! I think earrings that look like that would be stunning!!!

:bigsmile: I mean, obviously, the jackets won't "fit" perfectly like that. They will be imperfect especially since OECs are a little wonky so the bezels will be too. But, that's generally the look I would be going for.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my jackets with my studs all the time nowadays, as the studs are too small for my earlobes and face on their own. :oops:

Near 1cttw studs, bezel set, jackets were listed as 1cttw:

studwithjacket.jpg

I have other studs to go with the jackets, plain WG balls, black and white pearls, and CSs.

Very happy with my jackets as they are so versatile!

DK :))

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1460504311|4018509 said:
I wear my jackets with my studs all the time nowadays, as the studs are too small for my earlobes and face on their own. :oops:

Near 1cttw studs, bezel set, jackets were listed as 1cttw:

studwithjacket.jpg

I have other studs to go with the jackets, plain WG balls, black and white pearls, and CSs.

Very happy with my jackets as they are so versatile!

DK :))

Those are lovely! I like how the point of the melee makes the look like little sunflowers! Good to know there are people who are comfortable wearing them all the time. I feel like wearing earring jackets while casual is kinda like wearing red lipstick. It's not something I do all the time, but when I do I feel bold and fancy! :lol:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results