shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies - Warning: Sensitive Subject

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful change of events!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: So relieved and happy for you dear Alex!!! Thank you for updating us and as always I am keeping you in my thoughts and sending more good luck ***DUST*** lots of hugs and love your way. ((((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you dear Alex and sending bucket loads of good luck dust for you tomorrow! Wishing you an easy and smooth procedure and a quick recovery. Your PS sisters are by your side thinking good thoughts for you the whole way through. (((HUGS))).

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad to hear you have had all this finally sorted out, what a stressful time you have had lately! My very best wishes for tomorrow.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love you Brits! Your DH's "dangly bits" haha! You are in my thoughts and prayers, you are almost through this!
HUGE hugs!!!!!!! :wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't posted thus far but have followed your story. I'm happy for you Alex. What a journey you've been through and with such grace. Hugs.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Alex, I'm sure that you're incredibly anxious for tomorrow morning to come and be over & done with! You are in my thoughts and prayers that all goes smoothly, both physically and emotionally. Sending hugs from across the pond!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Wishing you lots of luck tomorrow. I hope everything goes okay for you and that you can finally have some closure.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, everyone. Almost there.......

I felt quite emotional dropping the girls to my mother, especially when I came to leave & mum buried her face in my neck with a big kiss & emotional words. I struggled to hold it together! I am still worried, but as my husband said, it's not open heart surgery, it'll be swift & i'm in great hands. He's had a bet that we'll be back home by 6PM, but I still have it in mind that I'll have to stay overnight. Once a pessimist etc... I am happy to lose this bet!! The hospital phoned yesterday to confirm my bloods were all back, the right quantity of clotting as been ordered & we are all systems go.

I have every intention of quickly dropping by tomorrow evening & letting you know all is well. I am cherishing your support & good vibes over here - your thoughts, experiences & advice has kept me sane :appl:

I am just waiting for the girls to have their bath & then phone me before they go up to bed. My gorgeous, precious, curly topped wonders :love: :love: Can't wait to see them on Tuesday. I may hug them so hard that their little heads will pop off!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're a complete trooper, it's almost over!!!!! :appl:

Please be sure to take good care of yourself, lots of healing dust :wavey:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Alex,

Many many thoughts and hugs to you! All will go smoothly, no doubt.

I was surprised to read that you have VWB. My son was diagnosed a year and half ago with Factor 8 Type A Hemophilia. It's been a scary, overwhelming journey since his diagnosis, especially how we found out. Double, triple hugs that you are going through this while also dealing with an infusion. :( My son didn't respond to DDAVP (it only raised his level from 3% to 16%) so we keep Amicar and Xyntha with us at all times. If I could bubble wrap my son I would! :(

Many many hugs.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Sending you good vibes today....

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everything went well Alex, I've been thinking about you all day. Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex, I hope you are recovering comfortably and resting right now. Thinking of you and sending more gentle (((hugs))) your way.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feb03bride - I am sorry to hear about your son. It can be very stressful being a bleeder, but be careful to give him some freedom. I think just educating him that his body isn't quite the same as the other little boys will help him be mindful with his decisions without him feeling hemmed in. I wish you lots of love for his happy, healthy future :wavey:

As for me.... IT IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my clotting infusion at 9am & had to wait until 12 noon for the confirmation that it had worked, which is had. We all knew it had because I looked like a beetroot, but they had to double check. Then over to the other hospital, checked in straight away & was immediately prepped. The only upset was that because it was a women's only gynaecological ward, my husband was sent away & told to phone for an update at 4PM. We were both quite upset by this, but I completely understand the privacy of the other women. I went to theatre at 3PM, was woken in recovery mid-dream at 3.30 & taken back to my room just after 4. The pain was pretty out of reach for codine but settled by the evening. Husband was allowed in at 6PM & allowed to stay with me thereafter. All was going well until about 7PM with no bleeding, but then I started to bleed & a 4 hour debate ensued as to whether I could leave. The Haem at the Royal had taken my bloods immediately after surgery & my levels were all still great, so he was happy for me to go, but the Consultant at the Women's was hesitant. Eventually we left at 11PM, pretty exhausted, a bit crampy & a bit bleedy.

I slept well & didn't bleed hardly at all. Hooray! I have to rest for 2 days with minimum movement, so when I have eventually dragged my backside to the shower, husband is taking me out to lunch to a place where you can park at the door. The girls have had a great time at mum's but have phoned lots to say they are missing me, so we are collecting them early this afternoon with the "mum's not very well & has a sore tummy so needs to rest" kind of vibe. Hopefully when Hubby leaves for Boston in the morning I will feel much brighter, though still a bit lazy. I may bleed for up to 2 weeks, but have had a lecture about when too much is too much & to get back to hospital. I have super strength tablets to take that prevent the fibrin in my blood from breaking down, which I will take for a week, so fingers crossed it will help the DDAVP linger for longer & when my blood returns to normal it is all still under control.

After a couple of emotional sobbing sessions last night about being a Murderer, today I feel at peace again. The pressure is gone from my bladder & due to the codine my vile boobs are not hurting. Yay!! It is done....... :)) Onwards back to my normal, happy life.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo!!!! So relieved and happy for you Alex!!!! You came through it with flying colors and YAY it's over sweetheart! :appl: :appl: :appl:

(((Hugs))) to you for being such a trooper and getting through such a challenging situation with grace under pressure. :appl: :appl: :appl:

And dear Alex, you are so NOT a murderer. You had no choice sweetheart. Please don't even think this for a minute. You had to do what you did so you could take care of your children and see them grow up and become wonderful people and enjoy a lifetime of happiness with your beautiful family. You truly had no choice in the matter. (((HUGS))).

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1460455860|4018218 said:
Woohoo!!!! So relieved and happy for you Alex!!!! You came through it with flying colors and YAY it's over sweetheart! :appl: :appl: :appl:

(((Hugs))) to you for being such a trooper and getting through such a challenging situation with grace under pressure. :appl: :appl: :appl:

And dear Alex, you are so NOT a murderer. You had no choice sweetheart. Please don't even think this for a minute. You had to do what you did so you could take care of your children and see them grow up and become wonderful people and enjoy a lifetime of happiness with your beautiful family. You truly had no choice in the matter. (((HUGS))).

+1 to everything Missy wrote! Hope you are having a good day today!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Oh, alex... I'm so glad that part of it is over. Give yourself time to rest & heal. I wish you well:)

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1460455860|4018218 said:

x2. You are not a murderer. You are a mother and a wife and a daughter whose life matters so very much.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a relief that must be! Have a good rest now.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad everything went well!!! It's perfectly normal to have the flood of emotions you are experiencing. Take time to heal. I'm so glad this is all behind you now Rest up and pamper yourself, like looking at lots of bling on SMTB :dance: :wavey:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I might be a little bit in love with you all. You have completely got me through this. My poor hubby last night when I burst into tears & babbled snot all over him, well, he's helped me a bit too :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AlexT, I am so glad to hear that this is behind you! I'm glad it's over and that it went reasonably well. To echo the others, you are NOT a murderer...the farthest thing from...so get that horrible idea out of your mind!

Continue taking care of yourself and take it easy! Sending gentle ((hugs)).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex, I'm glad everything went ok and that you are home resting. I can just imagine how excited you are to hug your children after being separated. Thank you for sharing your story--I hope it helps other women who might go through similar things. Be well! :wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs (gentle ones so as not to hurt your vile boobs). Relieved to hear all went well and you are on the mend. Pamper yourself for a few days, rest, heal, savor life.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am glad everything went well and it is over for you.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex, I'm so glad to hear things went so well! Lots of relaxation in store, and you shouldn't feel like a terrible person because you did what you had to do. Healing dust from me to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results