shape
carat
color
clarity

Another paraiba thread...

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1459944460|4016088 said:
I can understand and respect that. Some vendors offer better "deals" than others, too. ;-) It's always a tough decision; I don't envy your current one!

still thinking...

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In browsing this thread, I remembered that you already own some paraibas.

Why the rush to get another if you are really indecisive? Okay, I understand the urge to jump while they are still somewhat affordable. I've kicked myself many times for passing/waiting but that is only until the another one comes along. Yes, the prices have gone up and there are times when affordable ones are hard to find. But it's still a lot of money for something you are not sure of especially when you have others. When a nicer one comes along will you regret having spent the money that could've gone towards it? Admittedly this is advice that is easier to give someone else than follow myself :angel:

Have you discussed your indecision with Yvonne? One reason, in addition to her eye for color, that I trust her opinion is because she gives honest opinions about what she thinks I should do based on what I am thinking...wait for something nicer or buy now.

You seem worried about the inclusion...will you enjoy wearing it as a ring or will the inclusion bother you? Will you be so afraid to wear it safely?

Finally - Would you consider setting the stone in a pendant (I love the camellia as a pendant too!) and set your pear in a matching ring? (I think that is what I would personally do. I eventually had a pendant made to match my avatar ring and it gets more wear than my ring).

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
lilmosun|1460005043|4016473 said:
In browsing this thread, I remembered that you already own some paraibas.

Why the rush to get another if you are really indecisive? Okay, I understand the urge to jump while they are still somewhat affordable. I've kicked myself many times for passing/waiting but that is only until the another one comes along. Yes, the prices have gone up and there are times when affordable ones are hard to find. But it's still a lot of money for something you are not sure of especially when you have others. When a nicer one comes along will you regret having spent the money that could've gone towards it? Admittedly this is advice that is easier to give someone else than follow myself :angel:

Have you discussed your indecision with Yvonne? One reason, in addition to her eye for color, that I trust her opinion is because she gives honest opinions about what she thinks I should do based on what I am thinking...wait for something nicer or buy now.

You seem worried about the inclusion...will you enjoy wearing it as a ring or will the inclusion bother you? Will you be so afraid to wear it safely?

Finally - Would you consider setting the stone in a pendant (I love the camellia as a pendant too!) and set your pear in a matching ring? (I think that is what I would personally do. I eventually had a pendant made to match my avatar ring and it gets more wear than my ring).

thank you so much, lilmosun for your thoughtful answer. I have discussed my indecision with Yvonne and she has been very helpful. Sometimes I think I should return it... and then I look at it and don't think that I can :rolleyes: The size and shape are perfect for the camellia setting and I want a cabochon. In addition the color is so pretty and it has a nice glow. Is the saturation ideal? no- but it is not as included as some that look more saturated.

I had planned on the pear for a necklace and the camellia for the ring, but your suggestion for the opposite is a good one!! That would definitely take away my worries about the inclusion. It might also change my mind about the color gold ( or platinum) I'd use since rose gold tends too blend to much with my skin in a pendant.

Adding another photo. This taken today on a dreary, rainy morning- nope, not sure I want to part with it... :lol:

l1060094.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
also- here is a zoomed in hand photo for those who have asked to see one- Acinom? I think it was you who asked

so, my question is- would the setting make it look more saturated?

l1060097.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The right setting design (in rose gold) can definitely amp up the saturation.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1460046896|4016595 said:
The right setting design (in rose gold) can definitely amp up the saturation.

thanks, Chrono!! I consider you a setting expert, so that's great to hear. Do you have a recommendation on the right kind of setting?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose gold disappears on my skin as well...on the rare occasion that I use it (because it brings out the best in certain colors), I try to minimize the setting. So if I were doing a camellia piece in rose gold, I would personally add stones on the outer row where others might not need it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results