carat
color
clarity

Upcoming IDJ visit!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1459713163|4014988 said:
Wow PintoBean - that's an amazing stone. Doesn't look tinted in the photos. Now I want an EC!!
Tell Yekutiel to keep an eye out for you! This was one he took out for a friend to see what 4 cts in an EC looks like. Somehow, my requesting a search for a budget 2 ct round made him think of me :naughty: and tell me about this stone when I called. Clearly, I should name my wallet Gumby... stretch...!
cchloe said:
What if you halo it like that 5 carat asscher? Or set it with side stones so it looks like the bling covers the entire finger?
I showed Yekutiel a picture of the leon east west EC with bullets on each side, and I almost passed out when he told me how much the setting could run me. He said he'd need some fatty bullets which would be pricey to get that look. Sooo.... I think I am safest going the solitaire route and waiting for DSS or setting ADD to hit before I do an expensive re-set.
cchloe said:
Wow that does NOT look like an E! Nor does it look like an IF for that matter but obviously it's probably not squeaky clean. Even when you are holding it up and showing the profile and your skintone is nowhere near it, it looks like a J! Maybe the yellow gold?
I think you're right about the diamond also picking up the YG. Believe it or not, it looks blue-white when it's not near me! But it's set super super low! Maybe that is what's causing it to pick up the YG and my skin tone! But it's BEAUTIFUL though! and a BARGAIN if you want Tiffany's!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1459714219|4015005 said:
Wow, how fun!!! Love your new diamond! :love: Have you decided on a setting?

I missed this entire thread. I now have 5 pages to read!
THank you DS :wavey: !
Having a size 9 finger, and you know how easy it is for this site to give you DSS or to inspire a re-set, I've asked for a budget solitaire setting with some kind of fleur de lis design on the basket, double claw prongs on each corner, with the diamond set east west. CADs should be ready soon. I'm hoping to live with Miami for a while (whilst saving up for a re-set :naughty: ) to get to know her personality before finding her a forever home.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is ideal to be able to wear it before investing in a forever (i.e. expensive) setting! I think that sounds great!

The bracelet is absolutely beautiful, too! :love: Did you upgrade the melee or get the standard?

This whole thread is a giant "need to visit IDJ" temptation! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1459717151|4015017 said:
That is ideal to be able to wear it before investing in a forever (i.e. expensive) setting! I think that sounds great!

The bracelet is absolutely beautiful, too! :love: Did you upgrade the melee or get the standard?

This whole thread is a giant "need to visit IDJ" temptation! :appl:
The melee is F/G SI-1 eye clean ones

Q

Queenie60

OMG - I need to take some time off of PS (just kidding) - I'm becoming addicted to diamonds. And just want more, more, and more. My husband is going to die! Beautiful bracelet PB. Can't wait to see the EC setting. Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful jewelry. :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60 said:
OMG - I need to take some time off of PS (just kidding) - I'm becoming addicted to diamonds. And just want more, more, and more. My husband is going to die! Beautiful bracelet PB. Can't wait to see the EC setting. Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful jewelry. :wavey:
:wavey: queeni60!
Maybe we can work out a jewelry time share :lol: :lol: :lol: :dance:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PB, I feel like I'm looking at Lorraine Schwartz's instagram! *FAINT*
You can set the honker upside down and it'll still look good!

_2846.jpeg

NICHLO

Rough_Rock
Oh, YAAASSSS! Nice stuff. Love the pics. And the huge honker. And the bracelet. And cchloes diamond. And the bling in the background . Need to visit. Soon. :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Pinto, can you go there every Sunday as a field trip? Love your new stone and all of the pretties in this thread! We would love to have all of this eye candy to oogle every Sunday! Can't wait to see your ring set and will be looking forward to CChloe's as well!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1459766159|4015163 said:
Oh, Pinto, can you go there every Sunday as a field trip? Love your new stone and all of the pretties in this thread! We would love to have all of this eye candy to oogle every Sunday! Can't wait to see your ring set and will be looking forward to CChloe's as well!
I would, but every time I pick a Sunday to go, the weather stinks!
I'm glad you :love: love the stone, too! PSers have a discerning eye, so your compliment is so appreciated!
I anticipate getting CAD(s) for the setting in a few days. It was actually a good thing that I looked at some of the vatche settings while I was at IDJ. At first I was opposed to cathedral shoulders because they look so daunting in pics. And in pics, I always thought the vatche solitaire settings have the same/similar shank width as my stuller solitaire. NOoooo... :nono: . The cathedral shoulders are very nice in person! And vatche settings are definitely slimmer than my stuller shank. 2-d pics don't always tell the whole story :D. I told Yekutiel today that I'm open to cathedral shoulders now, if he and the CAD designer deem it to fit the solitaire they are designing.

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
PB you have so much more patience than me... I would be dying to get that emerald set and worn, let alone waiting for CADs. I guess it is worth it in the end. I'm surprised that having a custom setting like this isn't more $. I know you dont like to talk prices but.... would you say it costs MORE or LESS than the U-113? :D

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Less than vatche. My impressions on the vatche...The vatche settings have a very nice finish to them. For starters, comparing the stullers I have with the vatches, the stuller setting I have is good enough, but once I can see and feel the vatche, vatche is definitely finished better, and a finer quality. The vatche name probably carries a premium as well. I expect to get a nice setting, but I don't anticipate it to be vatche caliber. The size of the EC would have forced some kind of customization for at least the head because it's not a common size. In the diamond district, there are so many benches available that prices for stock-ish, simple settings can be more competitive than what Stuller offers in its catalog.

As for price, I have asked Yekutiel to please keep it as much under $1,000 as possible. When he originally told me that a setting with proportioned bullets could run me in the thousands because we were looking to get close to the 8mm dimension (the EC is approximately 8x10mm give or take) and that would be significantly sized bullets, I said scratch that... Different strokes for different folks, but I'm the type of person where, for example, if I'm car shopping for say a Civic, I won't spent the extra $4,000 for the leather and other upgrades because I'd rather take the $4,000 and go buy the next model up - the Accord. Same with decorating my living room - one piece at a time based on my fun-funds for the moment, versus my mom who will buy the diamond and forever setting in one fell swoop and go to a showroom and buy the living room set on display, down to the statues and lamps and rugs.

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
I am like your mom :dance: hence my diamond binge last week. By the way, I had read somewhere about you buying a pear pendant, what happened and how come it fell through. What was the size pear you were buying?

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Oh and my earrings are done! They look so much better than the ones I had before. Can't wait to see them in person.

image_604.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe said:
I am like your mom :dance: hence my diamond binge last week. By the way, I had read somewhere about you buying a pear pendant, what happened and how come it fell through. What was the size pear you were buying?
Pear looked yellow bezeled. Yekutiel remade it with rhodium on the inner part of the bezel, and he looked at it said, nope, you won't like it, and he's so funny - he said that I would not have been happy and he wants me to associate IDJ with being happy so I will WANT to come back HAHAHAHAHA! It was a good thing because the money I had paid for the pear pendant got credited and went towards the bracelet - woot! So did the money I had put down for the inside/out hoops which stuck out funny on me. Sooo... I inadvertently saved myself money by having funny earlobes and not liking the pear pendant...

Those studs look like FIRECRACKERS!!! :love: :love: :love: What is the total carat weight?

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, what were the stats on the pear? What was the final conclusion on why it looked yellow bezeled?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe said:
Oh no, what were the stats on the pear? What was the final conclusion on why it looked yellow bezeled?
Mostly the yellow bezel :lol: ...there's a reason why people recommend a white head when you want a gold band setting :lol: . And I own a ring with a white head, YG shank so you'd think I would know better! And the way a pear is shaped the color gets more saturated towards the point. The bezel just accentuated the warmth. It was an I with white Fluor. It was an odd duck diamomd for sure!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459801304|4015369 said:
Oh and my earrings are done! They look so much better than the ones I had before. Can't wait to see them in person.

image_604.jpg

These do look very nice! Tell us about the diamonds!

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
I actually don't know anything about the diamonds for those studs yet.. and here I am sweating over the 2.6er. I trading in the 0.4 ctw rose gold studs I bought from them on their website and asked to upgrade to 0.7 ctw except this time with ultra sparkly PS quality diamonds, 14k white gold screw back 4 prong basket with claw prongs.

PB how come you didn't just get the pear set or reset in a white metal?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, PintoBean, I absolutely adore the blue fluor in your stones!! :love: :love:

And they look so white!! I have to also say I have a weakness for EC's, they make me weak at the knees! :lickout:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1459796073|4015334 said:
As for price, I have asked Yekutiel to please keep it as much under $1,000 as possible. When he originally told me that a setting with proportioned bullets could run me in the thousands because we were looking to get close to the 8mm dimension (the EC is approximately 8x10mm give or take) and that would be significantly sized bullets, I said scratch that... Different strokes for different folks, but I'm the type of person where, for example, if I'm car shopping for say a Civic, I won't spent the extra $4,000 for the leather and other upgrades because I'd rather take the $4,000 and go buy the next model up - the Accord.
PB, that's exactly what I said to my DH the other day about car shopping too, minus the Civic and Accord part! :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459823359|4015522 said:
I actually don't know anything about the diamonds for those studs yet.. and here I am sweating over the 2.6er. I trading in the 0.4 ctw rose gold studs I bought from them on their website and asked to upgrade to 0.7 ctw except this time with ultra sparkly PS quality diamonds, 14k white gold screw back 4 prong basket with claw prongs.

PB how come you didn't just get the pear set or reset in a white metal?
I had just gotten the milgrain bezel round pendant in WG, and putting money towards another WG pendant felt redundant right now when I wanted other things. I also have a preference for jewelry that I can look at throughout the day, like bracelets and rings lololol. :lol:
Phoenix said:
Goodness, PintoBean, I absolutely adore the blue fluor in your stones!! :love: :love:

And they look so white!! I have to also say I have a weakness for EC's, they make me weak at the knees! :lickout:
Thank you for your sweet words, Phoenix! I think you have such great taste so I am truly flattered! :wavey:
CareBear said:
PintoBean|1459796073|4015334 said:
As for price, I have asked Yekutiel to please keep it as much under $1,000 as possible. When he originally told me that a setting with proportioned bullets could run me in the thousands because we were looking to get close to the 8mm dimension (the EC is approximately 8x10mm give or take) and that would be significantly sized bullets, I said scratch that... Different strokes for different folks, but I'm the type of person where, for example, if I'm car shopping for say a Civic, I won't spent the extra $4,000 for the leather and other upgrades because I'd rather take the $4,000 and go buy the next model up - the Accord.
PB, that's exactly what I said to my DH the other day about car shopping too, minus the Civic and Accord part! :lol:
Ermagherd Carebear! We are two (pinto) beans in a pod! :naughty: :wacko: :lol: :lol: :lol:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean,

When you started this thread, I read the title and thought 'Oh, no! I better stay away from that thread or I'm going to want to head off to NYC right away to see and try on all the gorgeous diamonds!'.

Recently, I've tried to stay away from Rocky Talk and SMTB because diamonds are addictive. I'd love to fly off to a couple of different cities to visit the PS recommended vendors in person. It doesn't help that I keep reading comments by PSers who say diamond prices are low right now. Being in Canada, our sad exchange rate is no help.

Anyway, I couldn't resist the urge today to click on this thread. I'm now behind schedule for today's To-Do List, but it was worth it to read your amusing comments (e.g., diamond's booty shots) and see all the gorgeous diamond photos! Wow!

You are so sweet to take photos for everyone and help out those who can't view the diamonds in person.

Hugs

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Diamonds are addictive?

I just bought a 1.04 ct I VS2 cushion for my mother's birthday that I will have set in a simple rabbit ear pendant with double claw prongs. She bought herself a white gold chain necklace 2 years ago on her birthday and has been wearing a funky green cz in it because she would never buy herself something like a diamond. Her e-ring is also something like 0.2-0.3 cts so I want to treat her to a beautiful diamond because she deserves it much more than I deserve a 2.6 ct upgrade. She once told me if she were to ever buy a diamond, she would buy a square shaped one for a change, hence why I went for a cushion because I think the chunky facets will be nicer than a princess or a radiant.

I've also not yet found any photos of a cushion pendant with double claw prongs, no halo, so I hope my idea is a good one :shifty:

screen_shot_2016-04-06_at_11.png

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459958263|4016172 said:
Diamonds are addictive?

I just bought a 1.04 ct I VS2 cushion for my mother's birthday that I will have set in a simple rabbit ear pendant with double claw prongs. She bought herself a white gold chain necklace 2 years ago on her birthday and has been wearing a funky green cz in it because she would never buy herself something like a diamond. Her e-ring is also something like 0.2-0.3 cts so I want to treat her to a beautiful diamond because she deserves it much more than I deserve a 2.6 ct upgrade. She once told me if she were to ever buy a diamond, she would buy a square shaped one for a change, hence why I went for a cushion because I think the chunky facets will be nicer than a princess or a radiant.

I've also not yet found any photos of a cushion pendant with double claw prongs, no halo, so I hope my idea is a good one :shifty:

Cchloe,

Awwww, that's wonderful of you! :appl:

What a beautiful diamond! Your plan for the pendant sounds great!

Sending wishes for your Mom to have a lovely birthday - how can she not with such a thoughtful daughter!

Regarding the addictive aspect of diamonds, maybe its just me? :think:

:lol:

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
december-fire|1459959929|4016183 said:
cchloe|1459958263|4016172 said:
Diamonds are addictive?

Cchloe,

Awwww, that's wonderful of you! :appl:

What a beautiful diamond! Your plan for the pendant sounds great!

Sending wishes for your Mom to have a lovely birthday - how can she not with such a thoughtful daughter!

Regarding the addictive aspect of diamonds, maybe its just me? :think:

:lol:

Sorry I forgot how much humor and sarcasm doesn't translate well on text without emoticons... I think I can attest to the diamond addiction with my recent splurge, and I'm not even sure I'm done yet :o

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1459951389|4016130 said:
PintoBean,

When you started this thread, I read the title and thought 'Oh, no! I better stay away from that thread or I'm going to want to head off to NYC right away to see and try on all the gorgeous diamonds!'.

Recently, I've tried to stay away from Rocky Talk and SMTB because diamonds are addictive. I'd love to fly off to a couple of different cities to visit the PS recommended vendors in person. It doesn't help that I keep reading comments by PSers who say diamond prices are low right now. Being in Canada, our sad exchange rate is no help.

Anyway, I couldn't resist the urge today to click on this thread. I'm now behind schedule for today's To-Do List, but it was worth it to read your amusing comments (e.g., diamond's booty shots) and see all the gorgeous diamond photos! Wow!

You are so sweet to take photos for everyone and help out those who can't view the diamonds in person.

Hugs
Awww shucks :oops: , thank you for your kind words, december-fire! I'm glad you are enjoying my sense of humor and diamond **** (I mean, pics!) :dance: !

Cchloe - wow!!! that's going to make a riDONKulously stunning pendant!!! Your mom is going to be over the moon happy with this present! :appl:

And... just putting this out there, I have no (human) kids, so if any PSers that like to buy their mamas diamonds wants to be adopted by me, please let me know :naughty: :wacko: :bigsmile: :praise: !

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
PB if it was up to me and my bank account permitted, I'd buy diamonds for everyone! Any news on your CADs?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459973918|4016303 said:
PB if it was up to me and my bank account permitted, I'd buy diamonds for everyone! Any news on your CADs?
I called today. Tomorrow! :errrr: I'm nervous. Right now, while the CAD is not materialized, the setting design is theoretically perfect. WHAT if the reality is FAR FROM?!?!?! I'm so much better with OTHER people's projects lolol. Being emotionally invested in a monetary transaction SUCKS! (can you tell I live in a first world country with the set of problems I'm plagued with? :lol: )

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
I know, we're having anxiety about things we can't openly complain about to people of the outside world. I'm excited to see it. Are you planning any other purchases as well :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results