shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you brink your jewelry with you on vacation?

Do you bring your jewelry on vacation with you?

• No, never. None at all

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Some, but only my less expensive pieces.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Maybe one or two nice pieces, but that's it.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Yes, this is the best opportunity to wear my fancy stuff, so I bring it with me and enjoy!

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pearlescence said:
Where do you all go to be so fearful of crime...which is just as likely to happen outside your own front door probably.
Take and enjoy

GreenBling|1459324299|4013009 said:
Almost got mugged in a vacation in Rome. Will not wear any jewelry that attracts attention. It is not losing the jewelry that worries me, it is putting myself and family in unnecessary danger.

That.

It's super safe in Singapore where I stay. So I wear my stuff whenever I feel like it. But robberies and snatch thefts are common in most of the neighbouring countries and in many of the countries I've travelled to for work and leisure. It's a small thing to lose some belongings but not if you lose your life. I've seen my colleague lose her expensive Prada bag via a motorbike snatch theft in front of me. Luckily she wasn't hurt but she lost a few thousand dollars worth of items. Luckily she was just badly shaken but not hurt unlike this case: http://www.tnp.sg/news/world-news/she-stabbed-death-100m-her-home

There are some places that are just not safe. It's not about fear. It's just common sense not to put yourself out there for unwanted attention.

Gerald Carroll

Rough_Rock
Hi, It is not so harmful to take jewelry on vacation, if you want to keep it, then you can use hotel room safe to keep jewelry safe.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take my jewelry with me, because I feel safe in the places I usually travel to. I would not, however, take a lot with me to places such as Rome due to the increadible theft there. Last time I was in Rome, I had my wallet stolen twice, my dad had his stolen, and my mothers diamond bracelet disappeared on a family trip. It's just that the thieves are very, VERY skilled. It's a profession!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, It is not so harmful to take jewelry on vacation, if you want to keep it, then you can use hotel room safe to keep jewelry safe.

The ones where 000000 open the safe regardless of the code you plugged in?

Nope. I only wear a plat band and a pair of 300.00 low key looking post earrings.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We also go on cruises, and I do take my good stuff with me, but I wear them on the plane. I would never carry it in my bag or luggage. I don't wear it going ashore, but if I didn't take it with me, I wouldn't end up wearing it much.

I feel it's less likely to get stolen from the ship than a hotel, because people can't just walk on and off the shop without going through security.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost got mugged in a vacation in Rome. Will not wear any jewelry that attracts attention. It is not losing the jewelry that worries me, it is putting myself and family in unnecessary danger.

I did not get mugged in Rome, but me and my older son were victims of a strange attempt at racketeering. It was when the police took our passports for a typical tourist infractions (not knowing that you had to pay if you missed your station and crossed platform to get back in the subway) and demanded an equivalent of a 100 USD on the spot to get them back. There was a whole crowd of tourists subjected to this procedure, so obviously, the locals knew the rules but they were not posted anywhere. Even more interestingly, when I refused to pay and said, take us to the police station, or else, take our passports and we are going straight to the embassy, they gave our passports back and silently let us go. (So it was local police racket, I assume). It was in very late 90es and I wonder if they became more honest since that time. We have traveled a lot, and everywhere police is nice to tourists. And (much maligned) Sicily was way friendlier than Rome.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something that I'd enjoy wearing every day, but not much.

Joule

Rough_Rock
I travel frequently for work and have a small jewelry case always packed and ready to go with a few pairs of earrings: freshwater pearl drops and studs, small 14k hoops, and white sapphire studs. Other than that, I wear a gold band and a nice-but-not-mind-blowing SS watch while away. The good stuff stays locked in the safe at home.

I'm not much of a risk-taker.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results