shape
carat
color
clarity

Sea of Cortez Pearls - some eye candy

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, I saw on Douglas's facebook page someone had purchased this. Review when you get it please.

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you! :)
Where did you see it on his page? On the cortez pearl Facebook page or his personal page?
I will definitely review with photos when I get it :) I can't wait!!!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
How do you check out the Sea of Cortez pearls from the original pearl farmer, Douglas?

Every time I google "Sea of Cortez pearls" and try to go to their website, my browser tells me that the site is blocked because it could infect my computer. I've tried several different computers and different browsers.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I am Douglas's facebook friend. He posted the photo and which country it was heading off too. Congratulations.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
On facebook it is on this jewelry store page.
Granja-De-Perlas-Mar-De-Cortés

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Greetings from Guaymas: Earlier this week we returned from the World Famous Tucson Gem Show, only to be greeted by a HACK ATTACK on our "" websites and Blogs frown emoticon
So disappointing!
Please DO NOT VISIT our Sites:(removed to stay in compliance with ella)
If you need to visit the Blog for information please use my PERSONAL BLOG instead: it contains all the Blog information and it has not been compromised
Well I went to his personal blog and it too is now hacked..... Contact him though facebook if you want to see something he answers messages.

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here she is my Cosita preciosa. I've been trying to post for a week now but the site has been giving me error messages. Anyway, I'm enchanted with her beauty! Her colors are amazing! I'm truly in love!

screenshot_44.png

screenshot_45.png

screenshot_46.png

screenshot_47.png

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Those colors are great. Which one or two do your eye see when you look at in person? I love these mysterious pearls.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
She's stunning!

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I see Dark blue and dark purple. It also dark green more in the center but that is mostly seen in lower lighting. It's so beautiful though! I really love it!

screenshot_57.png

screenshot_58.png

screenshot_59.png

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! What colours!

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's a great night of pearl shopping for me!
Which Sea of Cortez pearls would you have picked?

Loose 8mm pearl pairs:

IMG_8420.JPG

Those dreamy-creamy colours!

Mabe:
IMG_8409.JPG

Those rainbows!

I cannot stop drooling!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vote for mabe. Then, perhaps the blue pair that seems best matched ...

I need a wild mabe from Douglas !

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yup, I've picked the blue loose and the round mabe. The colours on the mabe teardrops are even more 'erotochromic' but for my project I need round. Cannot wait to see them in person!!

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Vote for mabe. Then, perhaps the blue pair that seems best matched ...

I need a wild mabe from Douglas !

Also, Valeria, I don't think I've heard "wild mabe" before .. do you mean actual un-nucleated natural mabe? Or just the "wild" colours. hehe.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops for loosing track of this !

Yes I meant natural mabe. The colours are wild & also the shapes - some Douglas showed me (too long ago !) looked like high relief maps of nacre, quite baroque. Just spectacular. I have no idea if he still has any such things.

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Very interesting!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Oops for loosing track of this !

Yes I meant natural mabe. The colours are wild & also the shapes - some Douglas showed me (too long ago !) looked like high relief maps of nacre, quite baroque. Just spectacular. I have no idea if he still has any such things.

There are natural mabe, I have seen them Look up vampire crab mabe.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
There are also natural wild Sea of Cortez pearls. They are rare but do occur. This one is mine. It's perfectly round, flawless and cherry with a green overtone. 21942161_10212570280485333_981321485_n.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Marionberry ! Look at those SoC!! Did they send you these photos ? I'd have picked the same blues !

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello all,

Many years ago a friend dragged me to the pearl farm where Sea of Cortez pearls are harvested. At the time I wasn't interested in pearls at all and just to please her I bought a simple pair of earrings and a pearl drop. Somewhere along the line the earrings were lost - they are in my house somewhere!!:wall: - but the pendant has slowly become one of my favorite pieces and I am now very interested in Sea of Cortez pearls.

20180323_064823_001.jpg

I know my pearl is low quality but that's probably the only reason I could afford it back then :lol:
This is the first time in a while that I've really looked at it and do these guys fade?? Surely I would have picked...oh well, like I said, I wasn't interested in pearls back then...
So on to more interesting stuff.

I rarely see them on the internet so I was surprised when today I ran across these for sale:

Sea of Cortez pearls1.JPG Sea_of_Cortez_pearls.JPG Sea of Cortez pearls2.JPG

The listing goes on to say:

"...made using Sea of Cortez pearls from the 2011, 2010 and 2009 harvests. The size of the pearls range from 8.0mm to 8.5mm, with the center pearl measuring 9.5mm."

Then: ...these were bought in 2012 etc.

Are these good pearls? (I'm not in the market but this pearl forum has grabbed me won't let go. They seem well matched in size and the color on my screen is pretty. As for the price, I have no idea where 5k stands. Is it midrange?

(I figured I could post them here because they *are* eye candy...please let me know if I am in error.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all,

Many years ago a friend dragged me to the pearl farm where Sea of Cortez pearls are harvested. At the time I wasn't interested in pearls at all and just to please her I bought a simple pair of earrings and a pearl drop. Somewhere along the line the earrings were lost - they are in my house somewhere!!:wall: - but the pendant has slowly become one of my favorite pieces and I am now very interested in Sea of Cortez pearls.

20180323_064823_001.jpg

I know my pearl is low quality but that's probably the only reason I could afford it back then :lol:
This is the first time in a while that I've really looked at it and do these guys fade?? Surely I would have picked...oh well, like I said, I wasn't interested in pearls back then...
So on to more interesting stuff.

I rarely see them on the internet so I was surprised when today I ran across these for sale:

"...made using Sea of Cortez pearls from the 2011, 2010 and 2009 harvests. The size of the pearls range from 8.0mm to 8.5mm, with the center pearl measuring 9.5mm."

Are these good pearls? (I'm not in the market but this pearl forum has grabbed me won't let go. They seem well matched in size and the color on my screen is pretty. As for the price, I have no idea where 5k stands. Is it midrange?

(I figured I could post them here because they *are* eye candy...please let me know if I am in error.)

Suzanne I know nothing about Sea of Cortez pearls (and in fact I just found this thread and am looking forward to learning about these) or if the cost if fair but sure someone will chime in with helpful info. Just wanted to say they are very pretty with lovely colors and lustre from what I can see in the photos you shared.:love:

But one question I can answer is YES of course it is not only OK to share any/all pics here it is mandatory! :halo::appl:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
But one question I can answer is YES of course it is not only OK to share any/all pics here it is mandatory! :halo::appl:

Thanks @missy for the reassurance. I have a piece of advice for you...stay away from the coral thread!! I know you, like myself, have wandered over from CSland, and the gorgeous colors in the coral thread are dangerous!!:naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy for the reassurance. I have a piece of advice for you...stay away from the coral thread!! I know you, like myself, have wandered over from CSland, and the gorgeous colors in the coral thread are dangerous!!:naughty:

Bwahaha now that you told me about this you know I cannot resist right? :lol:

1237390kwjci5ganp.gif
1229637that61wn14.gif

1237399ifetfs3eq4.gif
1237387oyy519k20r.gif

Off to find that coral thread you speak of...:lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SoC ring.
socmabering_03s.jpg

DK :))

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The price seems low. As in, "be careful whether or not these are real" low. In comparison, Sarah from Kojima is offering this strand on her website:

https://kojimapearl.com/collections.../sea-of-cortez-pearls-national-grade-necklace

This is a price drop too. For a long time it was listed at 29k iirc. Granted, the size is bigger and the quality is likely higher, but strands of these pearls are rare.

ETA: Oh, I see they are on Diamond Bistro rather than eBay (like I initially thought). Probably much more legit then. (with eBay, you're always having to be on alert to people selling cheap dyed Chinese freshwater pearls as more expensive salt water offerings).

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SoC ring.
socmabering_03s.jpg

DK :))

What an eye-catching and gorgeous ring. Please share more pics:love: I would love to see the profile. Just gorgeous.:appl:

Dejay

Rough_Rock
These are my sea of cortez pearls 20180326_212320_HDR.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results