shape
carat
color
clarity

Fox New Slams Trump For "Sick Obsession" Over Megyn Kelly

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fox News has slammed Donald Trump for what it called his "sick obsession" over Megyn Kelly.

"On Friday night, after Mr. Trump called for a boycott of Ms. Kelly’s show, the network responded through a spokeswoman.

'Donald Trump’s vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land,' said Irena Briganti, a spokeswoman for the network. 'Megyn is an exemplary journalist and one of the leading anchors in America — we’re extremely proud of her phenomenal work and continue to fully support her throughout every day of Trump’s endless barrage of crude and sexist verbal assaults. As the mother of three young children, with a successful law career and the second highest rated show in cable news, it’s especially deplorable for her to be repeatedly abused just for doing her job.'"

Link...http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/18/fox-news-slams-donald-trump-for-sick-obsession-with-megyn-kelly/?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Fox New Slams Trump For "Sick Obsession" Over Megyn Kell

I keep thinking people are really going to have to see Trump for who he really is finally. Tell me that's going to happen Deb. I mean this has to be the straw that finally breaks that poor camel's proverbial back right? He's a cartoon.

OMG while I try to keep politics out of my personal life re liking or not liking someone I just cannot tolerate anyone who thinks Trump would make a good president. Seriously this is friendship ending stuff. I will not tolerate intolerance.

calvinhobbespolitics.jpg

calvin-on-citizenship.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, duh!

Still, it's amazing that Fox as a news organization has decided to speak out so clearly against someone who is probably supported by many of their cable viewers. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I'm sure there are those who will suddenly decide that Fox is "irrelevant," but maybe this pronouncement will also open some eyes?

With this announcement, Fox has joined the very media chorus one of its commentators made fun of just a few days ago:

Perhaps, if the noise level gets loud enough, it could sway some voters. But I think it underscores Trump’s appeal, to his supporters at least, that powerful forces are aligned against him—the same forces that they blame for empty promises and economic anxiety.
If Trump keeps winning, these commentators are going to have to examine why he is connecting with the very voters who refuse to heed their ominous warnings.... Now all these people are perfectly entitled to say what they want about Donald Trump, but the tone of the language is just starting to sound a little bit desperate.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ump-shift-from-aggressive-to-apocalyptic.html

lulu

Ideal_Rock

That's how I feel-amazed that Fox took a stand.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Lol. If people boycotted her show, would anyone really notice? There are probably 1000s of Americans who never ever watch Fox news. Many of Fox's audience are elderly people. Many of those consider Megyn Kelly just a glorified high school cheerleader. I pay no attention to her, or at least I didn't until the dustup with Trump. That's when I first noticed that her name is spelled with a "gyn." Seriously, what parent does that to a kid, spells a girl's name with "gyn?" It's nuts.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AdaBeta27|1458444731|4008029 said:
Lol. If people boycotted her show, would anyone really notice? There are probably 1000s of Americans who never ever watch Fox news. Many of Fox's audience are elderly people. Many of those consider Megyn Kelly just a glorified high school cheerleader. I pay no attention to her, or at least I didn't until the dustup with Trump. That's when I first noticed that her name is spelled with a "gyn." Seriously, what parent does that to a kid, spells a girl's name with "gyn?" It's nuts.

Seriously, what adult ridicules someone over the name her parents gave her?

I'm no Fox news devotee, but the thing is... Megyn Kelly is intelligent and not afraid to ask hard-hitting questions, which is probably why she's on Donald Trump's *ahem* list. That plus the fact that she's a woman, of course...

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Really only the elderly watch? I'm not elderly and I watch it. It's clear there are several show hosts on Fox that don't care for Trump. I think he's disgusting, rude and obnoxious and the thought of him as president makes my stomach turn. I'm glad the network stood behind her! Good for them. I'd certainly expect my company to support me if I was doing my job and the customer challenged me. Too bad even though you did not know who she was previously you formed an expert opinion that she's a glorified high school cheerleader. Nice reflection of women supporting women you stereotyped her because she's blonde and pretty? She can't possibly be smart. :nono:

I agree with VRbeauty.... In reference to her name. My daughter's name is spelled with an "e" versus an "a" with one S and not two because she is named after her grandmother who was born in Finland. We had a reason for choosing her spelling. Her name is Merisa her grandmother is Meri.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mayk|1458455563|4008060 said:
... Many of Fox's audience are elderly people. ...

Really only the elderly watch? I'm not elderly and I watch it. ...

She wrote many elderly, not only the elderly.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:errrr: ...It is against PS policy to watch FOX news... :whistle:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1458457549|4008062 said:
... Many of Fox's audience are elderly people. ...

oh missed that as I was totally focused on the high school cheerleader comment. My mistake. I will check the demographics and get back to ya Kenny

DF you could be correct.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Really only the elderly watch? I'm not elderly and I watch it. It's clear there are several show hosts on Fox that don't care for Trump. I think he's disgusting, rude and obnoxious and the thought of him as president makes my stomach turn. I'm glad the network stood behind her! Good for them. I'd certainly expect my company to support me if I was doing my job and the customer challenged me. Too bad even though you did not know who she was previously you formed an expert opinion that she's a glorified high school cheerleader. Nice reflection of women supporting women you stereotyped her because she's blonde and pretty? She can't possibly be smart. :nono:

I agree with VRbeauty.... In reference to her name. My daughter's name is spelled with an "e" versus an "a" with one S and not two because she is named after her grandmother who was born in Finland. We had a reason for choosing her spelling. Her name is Merisa her grandmother is Meri.

I'm not sure I ever saw you get angry before, MayK. Since it is over Donald Trump, who I think deserves every word you used against him and Megyn Kelly, who I am very glad has had the courage to argue with him, I have to say that it was a privilege to see you "mad"!

Deb :read:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1458457549|4008062 said:
... :lol: Many of Fox's audience are elderly people. ...

Most recent article I could find about viewership Dec 2015. Older articles did talk about aging viewership back in 2004.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/31/business/media/fox-news-holds-its-lead-in-a-year-of-growth-for-cable-news.html?_r=0

Something written around the third paragraph states for the 14th consecutive year Fox News led with viewers 25-54 losing out in cable television to ESPN. CNN grew in the all important age range too.

"Many" might be accurate speaking of elderly but it looks like just as many in the not so elderly age range too. Must be all those high school cheerleaders.

Deb you made me laugh... :lol:

As a woman working for years in a male dominated industry (that is more balanced now) I despise comments like that. When women are attacking women on looks not on substance it's disgusting. You are correct. She took him on and he's still running scared attacking her from Twitter. He's a coward and a bully to add on to my other comments. At this point I'm on the campaign anyone but Trump. I'm so repulsed.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mayk|1458470230|4008169 said:
He's a coward and a bully to add on to my other comments. At this point I'm on the campaign anyone but Trump. I'm so repulsed.

Read this. It's called, "The Man The Founders Feared" and its author actually served Republican administrations.

Op-ed Piece...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/20/opinion/campaign-stops/the-man-the-founders-feared.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-top-region&region=opinion-c-col-top-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-top-region&_r=0

A version of this op-ed appears in print on March 20, 2016, on page SR1 of the New York edition with the headline: The Man the Founders Feared. Today's Paper

AGBF
:read:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="Mayk|

[/quote]

Yes you are, b/c once you hit 50 most people would consider you as an "elderly person".... :bigsmile:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1458505571|4008485 said:
[quote="Mayk|

Yes you are, b/c once you hit 50 most people would consider you as an "elder :dance: ly person".... :bigsmile:[/quote]

DF I know you are older? Want to challenge me to s foot race. I'm fast for an old fart.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1458504918|4008474 said:
Mayk|1458470230|4008169 said:
He's a coward and a bully to add on to my other comments. At this point I'm on the campaign anyone but Trump. I'm so repulsed.

Read this. It's called, "The Man The Founders Feared" and its author actually served Republican administrations.

Op-ed Piece...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/20/opinion/campaign-stops/the-man-the-founders-feared.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-top-region&region=opinion-c-col-top-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-top-region&_r=0

A version of this op-ed appears in print on March 20, 2016, on page SR1 of the New York edition with the headline: The Man the Founders Feared. Today's Paper

AGBF
:read:

Interesting article. Thanks for posting.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="Mayk
DF I know you are older? Want to challenge me to s foot race. I'm fast for an old fart.[/quote]

By about 4 yrs.. :wink2: I'm sure you can beat me at a foot race.. ;(

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1458528488|4008738 said:
[quote="Mayk
DF I know you are older? Want to challenge me to s foot race. I'm fast for an old fart.

By about 4 yrs.. :wink2: I'm sure you can beat me at a foot race.. ;([/quote]

:bigsmile: I'm only fast because my legs are long.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

You are quite obviously missing the point. No one, regardless of whether they work for FOX or CNN, should have to endure the kind of crap Trump routinely slings, particularly at women. Whether you think she's worth your effort to watch her is entirely beside the point. And, since you say a woman of her accomplishments is a "glorified high school cheerleader", with a name you think is ridiculous, you now sound an awful lot like Trump. What a person to emulate. :roll:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

... "gyn?" It's nuts.

gyn is more about ovaries than nuts. :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results