shape
carat
color
clarity

Gellner pearls

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
You have a wonderful memory! Yes those are their names. And NL you are spot on about the cost...the most expensive components for these were the pearls, followed by the 14k findings/crimps/covers. The gemstones themselves weren't expensive...and I found the sapphire necklace at a pawn shop for $50! I deconstructed, restrung on beading wire, and added the pearls. I actually made two strands with the aquamarines (Ariel), and I think I used maybe 7 strands of stones for both? One necklace is a triple, the other has 4 strands (just like Ursula, the sapphire version).

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Lololol thank you PIrard - I need to show my mom your comment!
Since my mom has near photographic memory, she always thought I'm losing my brains.
Some endearing nicknames she has given me: "youth senile syndrome" & "accelerated alzheimer onset"!!!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Those are great tassels on the necklaces, did you make them?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
How did you make those tassles? Those are cool.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I made the tassels...very simple to do! You just need good strong thread, some wire, gemstones (or glass beads) and a tassel cap.
Just google how to make a bead tassel and find the method that works for you!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you guys are so creative and talented! It must be amazing to be able to make unique pieces you can wear.

After a lot more searching I did find one site with Fiji Rain items, only earrings and a ring though. They did seem very overpriced for something made of very small keshis and a few diamond chips :errrr:

The J Hunter site does sell some jewellery direct, I might just save up and buy a single pearl pendant, I do love the colours they produce! Such a shame there isn't more access to inventory online, I get the impression that they sell in bricks and mortar stores mostly.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Personally I never think of these things as overpriced. Every seller has a structure that needs to be supported and price their things accordingly. That said, I also think it's a waste of money to pay for something that can be easily recreated at a greatly reduced cost. Pirard has made some gorgeous pieces that speak for themselves. Quite seriously...any of you out there can do it. Watch a few videos on how to attach a clasp... sort out what materials to buy ( pretty basic...beading wire...clasp....stones...pearls..) ...start with something simple and inexpensive and give it a try. Get three pearls..one strand..one clasp and some fine beading wire. Done $$$$$ saved and you now have a hobby lol

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thanks Kat! And so very true...although I will add, once you start it becomes like a bag of potato chips...you cannot stop at one!

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Pirard - I think you need to make a Sebastian with fire opal rondelles and a King Triton with green onyx!!!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I love those ideas!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results