carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Hey gang,

I live in Denver. Maybe I'll get a magical superbowl baby haha!

More than likely not though, missed ovulation because of my shg and was told not to bd for 48 hours, booo!!!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Well, I might be out! 11dpo, only tested because DH is going out of the country for several weeks for a business trip, left tonight... but squinty-positive Wondfo AND squinty-positive FRER! (CB Digi was negative, hmph, but I'm going to work REALLY HARD to wait until 13dpo to retest.)

Finally got our timing right this month... only the second month we've had "high" chances (though many months with "good") according to FF. That's 8 cycles on FF, 1 cycle before I signed up, so 9 months TTC.

Going to try not to pee on everything this weekend... I have 2 CB Digis, 2 FRERs, and 2 Wondfos left.

imag2051_1.jpg

DH thinks we should tell parents first. I think I'd rather tell close friends -- specifically, my close girlfriends who'll figure it out anyway when I don't have a drink next time I see them...which is going to be Sunday -- and wait til it's got a heartbeat before telling parents. Unfortunately, he scooted off to another country before I could argue the point! I'm terrible at duplicity, though, and my friends know we're TTC. (DH knows all that as well. :saint: ) I'm only human. :shhh: Thanks for listening, ladies. Since I'm not allowed to tell anyone. ;-)

After the magic of photoediting:
imag2051_1_ed.jpg
I'm pretty sure it's really there!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those are NOT squinty, those are positive! So many congrats!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Not squinty at all. Congrats!

Which digital did you get? The Clearblue Easy with weeks estimator tests are super sensitive and probably would have been positive with that FRER.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, AHL and amc! :) They've gotten even better over the last couple of days... as have a couple of features that my husband will appreciate when i see him next in a couple weeks. :Up_to_something:

The CBs I have don't have a weeks estimator. The first one I took on 11dpo said "not pregnant", then I tried one this AM and it got an error which accused me of either holding the stick the wrong way up (I did NOT) or not leaving it flat to calculate (NONSENSE). Hmph. So I'm going to wait til tomorrow, arbitrarily, and use the last CB. I do fully believe I'm pregnant, I just apparently want to collect all the tests that say I am. :D

April20

Ideal_Rock

Everygreen, those are squinters AT ALL! Congrats! And boo on the CB digi being cantankerous!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock

evergreen!!! Sending you tons of sticky dust! Congrats!!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, bpd and April! I took my last CB digi and it bent to my will and confirmed I'm (still) pregnant, 14dpo. I have to say, I prefer the semiquantitative nature of a light pink line (or a dark pink line) to the binary Y/N approach of the digi. Really early days, of course, but fingers crossed! I've spilled the beans to two close friends who are sworn to secrecy and, conveniently, have little-to-no direct contact with DH - I don't know how I could possibly have kept it secret.

RT, ladyciel, blingbunny, SMC, anyone else out there... lots of hugs and fingers crossed for your journeys, too. :)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

evergreen|1456872955|3998113 said:
Thanks, bpd and April! I took my last CB digi and it bent to my will and confirmed I'm (still) pregnant, 14dpo. I have to say, I prefer the semiquantitative nature of a light pink line (or a dark pink line) to the binary Y/N approach of the digi. Really early days, of course, but fingers crossed! I've spilled the beans to two close friends who are sworn to secrecy and, conveniently, have little-to-no direct contact with DH - I don't know how I could possibly have kept it secret.

RT, ladyciel, blingbunny, SMC, anyone else out there... lots of hugs and fingers crossed for your journeys, too. :)

Congratulations!!!!! So very happy for you. Fingers crossed for a healthy and very sticky little bean!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Evergreen!! So wonderful!!!

Also, I might be joining you!!!!! It has been quite a week. We put in an offer on a house, got it accepted with not much fuss, I spent 24 hours throwing up Tues/Wed, haven't felt quite right since, had the house inspection yesterday after I woke up to bright red spotting that quickly went brown, and this morning, 9dpo, tested for the first time this month and thought maybe I saw something on the wondfo. Told myself it was wishful thinking and went back to bed. Got up later, and the dried test had a super faint shadow. I've never had an evap with these, so I tested again with smu. Definitely saw a line while it was developing, though it got fainter and fainter as it finished. But, in my many many tests I've never been able to will so much as a hint of a line into existence, at any stage of a test, so I'm pretty sure these could actually be super early positives!

Kind of can't believe it, scared to think it really could be true after so long. Also, we are supposed to visit the bourbon trail with friends this weekend. Unless this is a false alarm and I drink to drown my sorrows, I'm pretty sure they'll guess the news. Really, who goes on a bourbon tour and doesn't taste the goods?? Hopefully this gal! Gaaaaah

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Super crazy faint mid-afternoon FRER, but both DH and I see a line!!!! My phone camera refuses to pick it up, even under a magnifier, but in case some of you have eagle eyes...

:love: :appl: :appl: :D :errrr:

_2299.jpeg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Totally see it!!! Congrats LC!!!! :appl:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I see it too! I can't wait to see nice dark update lines! Congratulations!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, LV and AHL! Tested again this morning, and both tests are still positive though not noticeably darker yet. I was hoping for a darker FRER, since it was FMU vs afternoon yesterday, but alas I have to be patient. We're currently packing up to head to KY. Here's to an afternoon/evening of watching other people drink delicious smelling booze!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

No booze for you, lady, that's a LINE! dust that those lines behave like they ought to and darken and your bean sticks!! (It better, after depriving you of your bourbon fun! If you haven't been before, and you go to Makers Mark and they still let you taste the barrels of sour mash, do consider dipping a finger for the tiniest taste - because when will you get to do that again?? Devil's advocate here. ;-) it's like taking a sip of apple juice that's been in the fridge too long and realizing it's gone off - or even less!)

Congratulations!! :D

(Edited for auto correct... "sticks" --> "socks" made the well-wishes about your bean much less interpretable!)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
ladyciel said:
Thanks, LV and AHL! Tested again this morning, and both tests are still positive though not noticeably darker yet. I was hoping for a darker FRER, since it was FMU vs afternoon yesterday, but alas I have to be patient. We're currently packing up to head to KY. Here's to an afternoon/evening of watching other people drink delicious smelling booze!

Tests take forever to darken when you're really early. If you HCG was, say, 10 yesterday afternoon, it would maybe be 12 this morning. Even waiting 48 hours for doubling would only put it at 20, which wouldn't be much darker than 10. Also, the new FRERs are awful. The lines take like an hour to fully develop. I had several freak outs in early pregnancy due to that issue.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another one here that the early tests take awhile to darken, best bet is to test no more than every other day for comparison sake. I also got much better results with SMU than FMU for what it's worth.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

I second the SMU... whatever your kidneys produce after you wake up and empty your bladder but before you've had anything to drink (coffee especially!) will be the most concentrated - instead of being diluted with what you produced overnight (from water during dinner or whatever). You only need a tiny bit for testing!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Well, I took the approach of dipping a finger or just wetting my lip so I could at least kind of take part in the tastings. The result is no where near as complete as actually tasting the different bourbons (or brandy and absinthe, in one case), but I was at least able to get an idea of what everybody else was enjoying (and what I was missing). We did bring home a bottle of a brandy we can't get in our state, with the plan being it won't be opened until Christmas when, fingers crossed, I will be able to pump, pass baby off to a grandparent, and enjoy it!

I think to get a good SMU I'll have to plan for it - coffee is the first thing I reach for in the morning, haha. Thanks for the reminders that the tests do take a while to darken most of the time. I think right now I'm half convinced this will be a chemical (rational or irrational fear, intuition, priming myself to face possible disappointment....who knows which). I just bought a big batch of Wondfo LH and pregnancy tests at the start of this cycle, so repeatedly testing with the wondfos to see a line, even super faint, is a cheap security blanket for the time being. AF would normally show somewhere between now and tomorrow...I don't feel any different than I normally do, except I haven't had my usual pre-AF mood crash.

So, for now, I'm just willing AF to stay away, at the same time half expecting she's going to show. If she doesn't, I'm sure I'll just move from worrying about a chemical to worrying about making it to 6-8wks and seeing a heartbeat... one hurdle at a time, I guess. I'll let myself post in the just barely preg thread when AF is actually late.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

12dpo, no sign of AF (she'd normally be here by this morning), spotting has dried up, and as of today's SMU, full, non-squinter, lines! My temp also jumped up this morning (99.1, after holding at 98.8 since 9dpo). Yippee!!! :dance:

Top wondfo is today's

_2341.jpeg

_2342.jpeg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:appl: :appl: :appl: So happy for you, LC!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Congrats, LC! I'm really happy for you that you finally have a positive test!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

How exciting to see all of the positive tests! I hope there's something in the water! :clap:
Counting down until I get AF so we can get this IUI on the road :dance:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Just coming by with a quick vent :(sad
Was getting ready to start IUI literally in about a week. We'll have all of the money we need by then. My freaking period comes a week early for the second month in a row. So either I'm having some LP issues or ovulation bleeding issues. I'm fairly certain either of those won't fly with the doctor and he'll postpone until we get them under control. I'm so bummed out right now I can't even put it into words :wall: Just waiting to hear back from the nurse on what we do next. :(sad

amc80

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1457385465|4001167 said:
Just coming by with a quick vent :(sad
Was getting ready to start IUI literally in about a week. We'll have all of the money we need by then. My freaking period comes a week early for the second month in a row. So either I'm having some LP issues or ovulation bleeding issues. I'm fairly certain either of those won't fly with the doctor and he'll postpone until we get them under control. I'm so bummed out right now I can't even put it into words :wall: Just waiting to hear back from the nurse on what we do next. :(sad

Awww, I'm sorry :(

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Big hugs, RT. That is horribly frustrating and sucky. I am glad that you discovered this might not be the right cycle before you started the IUI and spent your hard-earned savings on it - those funds will live another day and hopefully be waiting when the time is right. I forget, are you temping? The random bleeding/cycle lengths is exactly the kind of problem temping is great for, giving you a peek under the hood and important information you can give your doctor (if/when you ovulated, that your LP was X days, when relative to ov you started bleeding, etc). If you aren't temping already, I hope you will consider giving it a try for this next cycle, unless your doc surprises you and decides to move forward with the IUI right away.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Good news! The bleeding has stopped! Today is CD16 so I'd bet it's just ovulation bleeding.

I don't temp anymore because I did it for 3 years and consistently had 28-30 day cycles and after awhile I just got sick of the thermometer lol. The only times I had large differences were when I exercised a lot, was sick or when I miscarried. Plus I got all of my basic testing done again and progesterone and all that jazz came back normal.

I emailed my nurse and she's not too worried about it because regardless they'll be putting me on progesterone after the iui and my other cycles have been normal. So the countdown is on. 12 days before AF is expected, 8 days before I get my IUI funds :bigsmile:

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

random_thought said:
Good news! The bleeding has stopped! Today is CD16 so I'd bet it's just ovulation bleeding.

I don't temp anymore because I did it for 3 years and consistently had 28-30 day cycles and after awhile I just got sick of the thermometer lol. The only times I had large differences were when I exercised a lot, was sick or when I miscarried. Plus I got all of my basic testing done again and progesterone and all that jazz came back normal.

I emailed my nurse and she's not too worried about it because regardless they'll be putting me on progesterone after the iui and my other cycles have been normal. So the countdown is on. 12 days before AF is expected, 8 days before I get my IUI funds :bigsmile:

:appl:

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, fingers crossed, RT! C'mon, RT's ladyparts, cooperate! (Why are they so troublesome? Terrible design, really, way too complex. Any engineer would've been sacked.) But much baby dust to you!! :D

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

On another note, has anyone here done IUI? This is my first one and am just wondering what to expect. I know we'll be using clomid and progesterone but that's it. I anticipate lots of ultrasounds and bloodwork but other than that I dunno if there's anything I'm missing. I know the first time usually doesn't work so I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it's hard not to :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results