shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your DBTY necklaces

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I'd love to see everyone's DBTY necklaces!! Share pictures, and include info such as length of the chain, amount and size of stones, and how far apart the stones are. Also, does it bother you when the stones flip and you see the pavilion, not the table?

I am seriously considering one and would love to see others! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
BGD DBTY Necklace
7 diamonds (.50ctw) , all BG Signature melee F-G VS , in handmade 14 kt white gold bezels.

EDIT: I honestly don't notice if they flip or not. They are so small that it doesn't bother me at all if they do. If I had a larger DBTY - say .5ct or larger each then it would bother me.

Attachments

• bgd.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,735

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahbear621|1333327249|3161427 said:
BGD DBTY Necklace
7 diamonds (.50ctw) , all BG Signature melee F-G VS , in handmade 14 kt white gold bezels.

EDIT: I honestly don't notice if they flip or not. They are so small that it doesn't bother me at all if they do. If I had a larger DBTY - say .5ct or larger each then it would bother me.

Beautiful!! :love: How far apart are your diamonds? Do you feel that they are too close or not close enough to each other?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any chance of a neck shot, Sarah?

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Here's my rose gold DBTY by BGD. The chain is 16" and there are 9 x .07ct diamonds for .63ct total.

It's very subtle and delicate. The diamonds do flip, but give off plenty of sparkle nonetheless. I often wear it layered with a .80ct RB platinum bezel pendant, but can't seem to find a good photo of that look. Will keep searching!

ETA: I asked Lesley to have the diamonds spaced evenly but weighted slightly toward the front, so most would be visible from the front when worn.

BrianGavin_RoseChain1b_042810.jpg

IMG_0363_2.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is simply beautiful Ganesha! It looks amazing on your neck with just the right amount of presence.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ganesha, that is perfect on you! and I'm jealous of your lovely tiny neck too - that a 16" necklace can still 'droop' and not choke (my case!) ... :wink2:

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Ganesha - I am so excited that you posted your necklace, because BGD is currently making me a rose gold DBTY too! Mine is slightly different from yours - it will be five stones of 0.10 - but I am so pleased to see yours, as it gives me an idea of how mine will look...and yours is STUNNING! :love: :love: :love:

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
missy and Enerchi, thank you both!

Smith, I can't wait to see photos! I'm sure you'll love it.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Ganesha, your necklace is adorable but I have to say that your smile is adorable too. What beautiful teeth!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
stci|1333421439|3162194 said:
Ganesha, your necklace is adorable but I have to say that your smile is adorable too. What beautiful teeth!

Just what I was going to say!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that is beautiful on you, Ganesha! Love it!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resurrecting this thread :)

Whiteflash 14k rose gold 32" DBTY necklace. 10 x 10 pointers (1 ctw F/G VS ACA melee). Diamonds start 3.5 inches from the clasp on each side, then spaced 2.5 inches apart. I like the size of the 10 pointers. I'm glad I upgraded from the default 7 pointers. I think the 12 or 15 pointers would have been too big for my lifestyle and I worried that the exposed culets would bother me. I can't feel the 10pts culets against my skin, and while the bezels do flip, it doesn't bother me as they're still sparkly (I considered getting rose cuts DBTY at first, so having the culet facing up doesn't bother me). :cheeky:

Photos (taken with a camera phone in harsh office lighting...)
dbty1.jpg
dbty2_0.jpg
dbty3.jpg
dbty4.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad this thread was bumped because I am sure there are many additions that can be made to the thread! I had WF make me a 36" platinum DBTY in 2014 with 1.5mm chain, sixteen stones, 14-point diamonds in bezels (2.24 ctw). I am sorry my pictures are not clear, but it does give an idea of the spacing (2") and size of stones. The first pic is from WF. It is a great length to wear doubled as well, but I almost always wear it long. It is one of my most worn jewelry pieces as it goes with everything and is a classic!

_25861.jpg

_25862.jpg

_25863.jpg

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1420687802|3813295 said:
I am glad this thread was bumped because I am sure there are many additions that can be made to the thread! I had WF make me a 36" platinum DBTY in 2014 with 1.5mm chain, sixteen stones, 14-point diamonds in bezels (2.24 ctw). I am sorry my pictures are not clear, but it does give an idea of the spacing (2") and size of stones. The first pic is from WF. It is a great length to wear doubled as well, but I almost always wear it long. It is one of my most worn jewelry pieces as it goes with everything and is a classic!

The proportions are perfect. I love it long and doubled up. :love:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
DBTY threads were very helpful for me. I had made mine DBTY necklace about a year ago. It is platinum, 32", with 12 pt:s WF ACA melee on 1 mm chain, spacing between melee is under 2". I have tried to wear it doubled, but prefer to wear it long :). In the near future i'd lo-o-o-ove very much shorter version of dbty necklace in rose gold :))))

img_6689.jpg

img_6690.jpg

img_6691.jpg

img_6692.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1420687802|3813295 said:

Wow DS, this is fabulous... :love: :love: :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping this topic!!!

Thanks to Orbaya, I finally pulled the trigger on my DBTY from WF! I ordered my custom 1.05 ctw (7 x 0.15ct ACA melee stones) a couple of weeks ago and just got the glamour shots in today!!! I am SO excited to receive my necklace on Tuesday :dance: but for now...here are the pics! It's 16" and 18k wg. I had the diamond space 1.5" from each other because i may want to send it back at a later time to add 2 more diamonds (but couldn't break the already broken budget right now!!) :angel:

This is my first time (and most certainly not my last) ordering from Whiteflash and it has been an amazing experience!!! Thanks so much to Sheerah for answering my countless questions and getting back to me so quickly! :appl:

_31064.jpg

dbty_14.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
acano117|1434141134|3888500 said:
Bumping this topic!!!

Thanks to Orbaya, I finally pulled the trigger on my DBTY from WF! I ordered my custom 1.05 ctw (7 x 0.15ct ACA melee stones) a couple of weeks ago and just got the glamour shots in today!!! I am SO excited to receive my necklace on Tuesday :dance: but for now...here are the pics! It's 16" and 18k wg. I had the diamond space 1.5" from each other because i may want to send it back at a later time to add 2 more diamonds (but couldn't break the already broken budget right now!!) :angel:

This is my first time (and most certainly not my last) ordering from Whiteflash and it has been an amazing experience!!! Thanks so much to Sheerah for answering my countless questions and getting back to me so quickly! :appl:

Beautiful!! I've worked with Whiteflash several times, and Sheerah is my gal - love her! Post pictures when you receive your necklace!! You will LOVE it! :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! I most certainly will!! :twirl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my 2.40cttw OEC/OMB from JbG. The stations are very close together, maybe a quarter inch apart. I love it and it fits well with most of my pendants.

dsc_305.jpg

dsc_306.jpg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is my WF DBTY necklace! It is 16", 9 x 0.10ct ACA melees, .90cts total, in platinum. I originally wanted every segment of chain on the necklace to be exactly the same length but found out after a couple of reworks that it would require exact measurements calculated down to tenths of a millimeter. The necklace either came out too back weighted, or too front weighted, or not 16". :cheeky:
Finally after much calculations, I settle for the segments next to the clasp to be 2mms longer than the rest of the segments. Thank you to WF for reworking the spacing over and over until I was satisfied, and a big thank you to Vera for helping see this project through. :D

custom-dbty-necklace-in-platinum-by-whiteflash_40536_17960_f2.jpg

diamonds-by-the-yard-necklace-in-platinum-by-whiteflash_42698_17960_f.jpg

wf-dbty-small.jpg

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Bumping this thread to see if others will post. I'd love to see more neck shots!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiffany DBTY and Cartier Orchid ring. Both rose gold (they do look yellow in the photo!) dbty.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful Sharon! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Sharon! And I love your ring too.:love:

Here is my DBTY from past photos. It's fourteen bezeled 15 pointers and is spaced 2 inches apart. I haven't worn it in ages. Isn't it funny how we (I) cycle through jewelry and go years without wearing a piece but then when in the mood pick right back up where we left off? I still love it but haven't worn it for years. Thanks for the reminder.

dbtynecklace.jpeg

dbtyagain.jpeg

I love(d) wearing it long with a pendant necklace in addition. Hard to make out here as it is overexposed but there it is with a pendant necklace.

dbtypendantincarwithhoopearrings.jpg

and I also like(d) wearing it doubled up as well. 32 inches was perfect for my neck.
DBTYdoubled.jpg

Hoping more PSers will add their DBTYs here. I love the versatility of the DBTY. Perfect on its own or with another necklace and good single or double. So many ways and occasions with which to wear this piece.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal Do you by any chance remember the size of the diamond in your necklace? I have been considering a necklace like this made. You necklace is beautiful.

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
Loving all the gorgeous DBTYs on here! :love:

What size would you recommend to be able to comfortably still fit a pendant over the bezels?

Or do you specify/shop for pendants with an extra large bail?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal Do you by any chance remember the size of the diamond in your necklace? I have been considering a necklace like this made. You necklace is beautiful.

CallieCake: Thank you! It is between 35-40 points (Most of my stuff/documents are at still in my SDB the bank), I don't recall exactly....:oops:. It really is a good size! Good luck on your search.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results