shape
carat
color
clarity

does anyone have any feedback on Jeffery Davies

himni

Shiny_Rock
Im looking for a sapphire and found his website, I would really appreciate if someone can chime in and tell me any feedback they might have on him.

thank you

[ Link has been removed as it now invalid. - PS Admin ]

Last edited by a moderator:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've heard great things about Jeff, and have emailed with him on a few occasions. He seems great, and lots of PSers have had great luck working w. him. I'd recommend him :)

Garnet Gimlet

Rough_Rock
I've purchased from him too. I've been really happy with the stones, the shipping and the whole transaction. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

himni

Shiny_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have left a number of positive feedback for Jeff D's eBay store, and am a big fan of his store.

DK :))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found Jeff to be very easy to deal with. Some of his stones have been darker in person than the pictures, but the videos are pretty accurate, and returns have been fine in cases where I didn't keep the stone. Prices are quite reasonable. Not sure if he's still doing settings these days, but I would highly recommend his settings, as well.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 3 stones from Jeff and he is great to work with. His photo's and videos were quite accurate. I returned one stone that was darker in real life compared to the photo. His return policy is very good.
He is very nice and professional.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
His cutting is superb, but I have had stones which were a lot darker, greyer or browner than in photo / video. That said, I have some lovely stones from him. I find the videos more accurate than photos. I don't do returns because of hassle with Finnish customs, but I have understood Jeff is fine with those.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of all my purchases from Jeff D, and there were many, I have only returned two - one for a pair of purple Spinel due to colour not suited to the project I had in mind at the time (should have kept them as they were lovely); and a pink red Spinel that turned out to be browner in real life.

No issues with the returns (I am in UK), and he was quick to issue refunds.

As the other have said, his "normal" cutting is very good for the price I paid for the CSs, and his "precision" cut stones are even better.

DK :))

sydneyatl

Shiny_Rock
We bought my engagement stone (purple sapphire) from him and have had zero complaints. I've since bought two more from him (and am eyeing a fourth stone...sigh, the restraints of needing to spend money on things like food and heating)

himni

Shiny_Rock
he sent my husband this sapphire via Facebook- which seems lovely but its a bit smaller compared to what I wanted. I either want 2 stones for earrings at 6mm or 1 stone for an engagement ring at 7.5mm but the one he has is only 2.79ct - but only 7.23mm.

The carat sounds size is great but I might want a bigger one later. I know how I can be so picky (its rather annoying at times) but the color, price all seem good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn1he7_eXpI&feature=youtu.be

the setting I want for a ring would be the VC Emilya or I might try Sk since his a bit more affordable. So i know the halo would give more finger coverage.But I really want the sapphire to be minimum 7.5mm

j.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone!!! You could try to draw a circle of 7.5 mm and a circle of 7.2 mm. You might find the difference quite small. And the halo will add some finger coverage as well.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I have bought directly from him and been delighted with the stone, a blue spinel, and my favorite piece of custom jewelry has a preloved zircon that he cut. (The setting is from the recently problematic Daniel M.) His cutting is great and his prices seem very reasonable. The only problem is waiting for the slow shipping from Thailand.
10537161_10152617710779357_4033196198238025366_n.jpg il_570xn_36.jpg

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
I would & have recommend him to friends. Very easy to deal with. I find shipping to australia takes about 10 days which I think is pretty good. Have been happy with all my stones from him. My most recent was an 5.51ct aquamarine from his ebay store. He is also on Facebook pintrest and has his own website (?haven't been on there for a while)... screenshot_2015-12-29-10-02-05.png
20151229_091523.jpg
Very quick to respond to FB messages.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Thumbs up here! I bought a small and inexpensive spinel from him a while back, and received excellent service (and surprisingly fast shipping considering it came from Thailand). Would definitely buy from him again and recommend him to others :)

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with a few posters above that Jeff's stones can be darker/greyer in person. The video is usually more true to life, but not always. Definitely message him to ask specifics about stones you might be considering. He's very helpful and happy to give additional info.

I hear he's also good about returns, but I haven't bought anything expensive enough to be worth returning all the way to Thailand.

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
Jeff is wonderful to deal with as a vendor. Just be careful how you interpret his pictures. Watch the videos. Then realize most of the pics are the best of the stones and things are a little less saturated and bright than your normal day settings. They're not so far out that you feel cheated though.

Give him a shot!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with many of the posters here:
1. 7.23 mm isn't noticeably smaller than 7.5 mm, unless placed side by side.
2. His photography tends to show a brighter stone, whereas the videos tend to be more accurate (generalizing statement).
3. Always ask about colour shifting and etc. There is no dumb question except the one not asked.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is an old post but I have had mostly positive experiences. He is quick in communication, he is happy to take custom orders and has access to a lot of rough material to cut whatever is wanted. He also has a lot of product that isn't listed, so you can message him and ask for whatever you're seeking.

My negative feedback would be that sometimes the cutting is very visually beautiful, but has some flaws when it comes to real world use. For example, I have noticed a lot of his stones have VERY thin girdles; I'm talking like knife-edge girdles that are so thin that they aren't safe to set. I've had more than one stone from him chip on the girdle simply from picking them up gently with a gem tweezer

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is an old post but I have had mostly positive experiences. He is quick in communication, he is happy to take custom orders and has access to a lot of rough material to cut whatever is wanted. He also has a lot of product that isn't listed, so you can message him and ask for whatever you're seeking.

My negative feedback would be that sometimes the cutting is very visually beautiful, but has some flaws when it comes to real world use. For example, I have noticed a lot of his stones have VERY thin girdles; I'm talking like knife-edge girdles that are so thin that they aren't safe to set. I've had more than one stone from him chip on the girdle simply from picking them up gently with a gem tweezer

Interesting.
What girdle width measurements do your stones have?
Pictures are always lovely to look at, too.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting.
What girdle width measurements do your stones have?
Pictures are always lovely to look at, too.

I'll have to take some pics when I get home. One of them I ended up having re-cut by Michelle Mai. She was surprised by the knife edge girdle. I ended up throwing a couple of the stones away because they were inexpensive and wouldn't have been safe to set but also didn't warrant the cost for a recut.

I do have one at home that I can take a picture of when I am off work. It's a greenish yellow Mali garnet with gooorgeous dispersion and cutting but just an unusably thin girdle - only option would be a VERY cautious bezel

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Just a warning; I know its an old post but the first link himni had shows what appears to be nude frolickers. Since I was looking for Jeff Davies website I was a little surprised love the daniel m setting with pearls and zircon that boerumbidy sp?) shared.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a warning; I know its an old post but the first link himni had shows what appears to be nude frolickers.

I think that's probably true of most of the links on this forum

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh! Frolickers! :lol-2: Sorry, the picture in my head was funny...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results