shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your photos of nature, wildlife, etc.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I love looking at everyone's photos!!! I'm not much of a photographer, but i still like to try! We've been having beautiful weather here!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1455350125.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful additions.

Here's a pic from our security camera from this morning at the beach house.

backyardthismorningvalentineweekend2016brrrcold_0.jpg

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Got my arm twisted to have my boat and myself towed up the coast for free for a couple days, the ocean is a beautiful place that I never tire of. We did pretty well up there and got some great pics of some big fish but I'll spare everyone those lol

pacific_ocean_sunrise.png

returning_home.png

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
missy said:
Beautiful additions.

That security camera has one great view!!! It makes all the cameras that stare at parking lots all day jealous!!! [emoji12]

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1455395544|3990620 said:
Got my arm twisted to have my boat and myself towed up the coast for free for a couple days, the ocean is a beautiful place that I never tire of. We did pretty well up there and got some great pics of some big fish but I'll spare everyone those lol

Jordy,

Those are beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Please post the big fish pics! I live near a river; no marlin or sharks around here. :(sad

Minus 40 degrees with the wind chill today (same temp in Celsius and Fahrenheit). However, that didn't prevent me from heading out with my camera. I think I might be a bit obsessed with the whole photography thing. :D

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm getting my arm twisted again :roll:
We got 2 fish around 250lb each, both tagged and released. We were home just after lunch and didn't even stink like fish :lol:
The Striped Marlin this season have shown up in big numbers and size, something I predicted with the coming of El Nino. So glad to see it :bigsmile:

stripe_lit_up.png

revive.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jordy,

Thanks for posting! Beautiful fish!

Having your hands in the photo really helps give an idea of just how large these guys get! :appl:

:wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Took these a couple of days ago when it was about -27 Celsius (about -17 Fahrenheit).

img_10755.jpg

img_10756.jpg

img_10757.jpg

img_10758.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
North American Red-Breasted Nuthatch

Thanks to the internet and google I was able to find out the name of this little guy. It was so strange seeing him walk down the tree head-first, acting like a woodpecker tapping at the tree bark.

img_10759.jpg

img_10760.jpg

img_10761.jpg

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks DF! Those fish are only small compared to how big Marlin can actually get as well, it's an aquatic jungle out there!

And amazing pics!! We don't get cold like that here in Australia, the closest we get is a bit of ice on the windshield of the car in the winter. I think my blood may be too thin for that sort of cold!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Jordy!

Well, I wish it didn't get quite this cold here. My son just got home, and I told him I went over to the trail today. He was shocked! Apparently, it was actually -44 Celsius (-47 Farenheit). Not that it really matters; when you're frozen, you're frozen. A few degrees lower doesn't make any difference. :lol:

Anyway, I confessed my photography addition. :nono:

When I was out today, a porcupine came up to me, sat on his back legs, curled his front paws together and shivered. I guess the animals have their breaking point too. Poor little guy. I wanted to cuddle him to get him warm but, you know, porcupine. :D

Here's one more pic from today. A buck I spotted on my way back to the car. :wavey:

img_10762.jpg

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's freakin' COLD!!! People here start to complain the moment it's under 10 degrees celsius, that's still warm compared to -44!!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, its cold. But look at the photo I got! :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1455396185|3990624 said:
missy said:
Beautiful additions.

That security camera has one great view!!! It makes all the cameras that stare at parking lots all day jealous!!! [emoji12]

Thanks Tuffy. :cheeky: What a difference a day makes because here's this morning's offering. Brrrr it is cold out there when the bay is frozen. east%20coast%20psers.gif

frozen2016.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A better pic just a little over an hour later. The bay is even more frozen!

_36405.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What an amazing thread. What a pleasure to see so many different views of nature and wildlife, especially from so many different places.

Here is a fun picture I took at home from my wife's favorite rosebush.

rose_0.jpg

And a "crown of lilies" from our garden.

lilly-ready-to-printw.jpg

Wink

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, i'd like to say: WHAT.AN.AMAZING.THREAD. A big thank you to everyone, who has shared their wonderful photos with all of us. You guys...your pictures have blown my mind!!!
I would like to share a few photos of my own. I live in Athens Greece but I go very often to a place, which is in the south of the Greek mainland (approximate 250km from Athens) and it's my mom and dad's hometown. The place is called Pylos. My best memories are from this area, because I have spent most summers of my life there. I will share a few photos of Pylos with my PS friends :wavey:

fb_img_1436846034481.jpg

fb_img_1439991243809.jpg

fb_img_1445151479229.jpg

fb_img_1453409676763.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More!

fb_img_1453955227044.jpg

fb_img_1453650705060.jpg

fb_img_1453955182748.jpg

fb_img_1454992923957.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natylad,
I just saw a documentary of this area last night and put it on my bucket list. Your photos are wonderful! and make it even more tempting.

A couple of days ago in NC...
img_2911.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1455458745|3990924 said:
A better pic just a little over an hour later. The bay is even more frozen!
That is amazing! The ice is setting really quickly!! Very beautiful view :love:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1455466327|3990971 said:
First of all, i'd like to say: WHAT.AN.AMAZING.THREAD. A big thank you to everyone, who has shared their wonderful photos with all of us. You guys...your pictures have blown my mind!!!
I would like to share a few photos of my own. I live in Athens Greece but I go very often to a place, which is in the south of the Greek mainland (approximate 250km from Athens) and it's my mom and dad's hometown. The place is called Pylos. My best memories are from this area, because I have spent most summers of my life there. I will share a few photos of Pylos with my PS friends :wavey:
I love Greece but I have never been to Pylos (mostly Peloponnes, Hydra, and the other islands available with the ferries from Athens) - I can see now that I need to go there - incredibly beautiful :love:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe not wildlife technically, but I met this big teddybear in China and he loved apples almost as much as I loved him :love:

02092011_1146.jpg

02092011_1145.jpg

02092011_1143.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1455463805|3990950 said:
What an amazing thread. What a pleasure to see so many different views of nature and wildlife, especially from so many different places.

Here is a fun picture I took at home from my wife's favorite rosebush.

And a "crown of lilies" from our garden.

[Wink

Wink,

Thank you for posting the beautiful photos! I came in from outside, chilled to the bone, and seeing the gorgeous flowers warmed me up!

Please pass along to your wife my appreciation of her lovely garden. It brought joy to a frozen Canadian surrounded by ice and snow! :D

:wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NatyLad,

I love your photos! What a breathtaking location! The night sky filled with stars is wonderful! :appl:

Jimmianne,

What a beautiful rainbow and setting! Soooo serene. Thank you for sharing this lovely scene. :wavey:

Scandinavian,

Panda Bears are wildlife as far as I'm concerned. Although they're so totally adorable that I bet most people would love to have one as a pet. Well, maybe a miniature version of a Panda Bear! :D

Thanks to everyone for sharing their wonderful photos! I love all of them! :love:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few from Valentine's Day. Thankfully, the wonderful man in my life loves the outdoors. :D

img_10778.jpg

img_10779.jpg

img_10780.jpg

img_10781.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh gorgeous additions. December Fire love that deer. So beautiful. How can people hunt them? ;(

Here is a pic from this past summer during a lightning strike around midnight. Our security cameras got these pics. I don't know if you can see the lightning in them but hopefully you can make it out.

_36420.jpg

lightningstrikeaugust22.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
December-fire, I love your photos...
Missy, look...I have a similar photo from last summer too!!

fb_img_1442948891648.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian,

Panda Bears are wildlife as far as I'm concerned. Although they're so totally adorable that I bet most people would love to have one as a pet. Well, maybe a miniature version of a Panda Bear! :D

You are so sweet :) I love all your pictures!
The pandas were living in a reserve (not a zoo) to help with their protection and survival. Actually, we learned that hurting a panda is punishable by death in China - they have had a lot of problems with poachers that made the panda endangered. Kind of fun from our animal-loving-tourist-perspective. To the point: they did have mini pandas! Or at least 1 year olds and new-borns. So amazingly cute! I got yelled at for looking at the 2 day old baby for too long - might make it stressed.. Normally, they let you hold the 2 year olds, they are about the same size as a medium dog and perfect for a little interaction. Sadly - especially for the pandas - no pandas were born two year prior to our visit. The 1 year olds are to small for strangers, they become frightened. And the 3 year olds are too heavy - might hurt the tourists, haha. So they let us talk to and pet the largest male panda. He was massive! I guess the theory was that he was too big to be scared or bother with us as long as you gave him an apple :) Such an experience for life! I didn't let the kids pet him though - trying to be a responsible parent.. But personally I could not resist paying the "small" extra fee for some quality panda time - a good cause - the money goes to preserving the panda population :) Please forgive my ranting..

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1455640455|3991617 said:
December-fire, I love your photos...
Missy, look...I have a similar photo from last summer too!!
Love this picture!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1455404895|3990672 said:
Took these a couple of days ago when it was about -27 Celsius (about -17 Fahrenheit).
These are spectacular! Its cold here too! I don't mind too much either normally - I have a large collection of wool and thermal underwear, hahaha.. Best wishes to you and please please keep taking such amazing pictures and sharing them with us :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results