color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

eos512

Shiny_Rock
Re: The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline threa

SparkliesLuver|1455035417|3988837 said:
Ah, okay. My apologies!

Wow! I'd loooooove to get more info, if you wouldn't mind (as I'd be interested).
And another one also interests me. It should be cut as a brilliant trillion around 4ct also. Open c-axis and saturated blue color. I just love it. Maybe I should go for it. The picture is from a gem dealer located in Namibia who trade Namibian demantoid and tourmalines.

_1938.jpeg

_942.png

S

SparkliesLuver

Honestly, I'd go for it. Is there any way we can communicate off here (on LT, possibly)? I'd love to get their info, if you wouldn't mind.

eos512

Shiny_Rock

elle_71125|1455035713|3988840 said:
SparkliesLuver|1455034909|3988832 said:
Ooooooo. That rough! Looks like it might cut a nice cab. Do you know anything about it?

Sure. His name is Jochen Leen. I initially found him through IG but he also has a website.

https://www.instagram.com/jochenleen/
http://www.jochenleen.net/

Thank you! :D

eos that is a gorgeous color. :love:
Thanks elle, hope I can grap one of those. If I do, I will post more pictures.

eos512

Shiny_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1455036037|3988848 said:
Honestly, I'd go for it. Is there any way we can communicate off here (on LT, possibly)? I'd love to get their info, if you wouldn't mind.
Well the communication is the problem I think. I forgot to mention I am a Chinese. And the dealer is a Chinese too. And he seems to be a little bit hesitant about letting go this parcel. So I am still working on it. The reason why I am asking for the rough is because I have fallen in love with mineral specimen after grasped the blue-pink rough from Jeff White. So why not find another blue rough to enrich my variety of rough stones. As for the dealer, I am pretty sure he will send the rough to the gem cutter for precision cut. So in the future time, if he finish the faceting and list the tourmalines for sale, I will let you know

S

SparkliesLuver

eos512 said:
Well the communication is the problem I think. I forgot to mention I am a Chinese. And the dealer is a Chinese too. And he seems to be a little bit hesitant about letting go this parcel. So I am still working on it. The reason why I am asking for the rough is because I have fallen in love with mineral specimen after grasped the blue-pink rough from Jeff White. So why not find another blue rough to enrich my variety of rough stones. As for the dealer, I am pretty sure he will send the rough to the gem cutter for precision cut. So in the future time, if he finish the faceting and list the tourmalines for sale, I will let you know

Oh, okay. I understand. That's a big barrier. I completely get them being hesitant about letting it go! haha I would be too. I'd sincerely appreciate you letting me know if they ever find their way for sale. Good luck with this! I'd love to hear how it ends up.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous photo of the paraiba lot :love: .

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

elle_71125|1455035713|3988840 said:
SparkliesLuver|1455034909|3988832 said:
Ooooooo. That rough! Looks like it might cut a nice cab. Do you know anything about it?

Sure. His name is Jochen Leen. I initially found him through IG but he also has a website.

https://www.instagram.com/jochenleen/
http://www.jochenleen.net/

Thank you! :D

eos that is a gorgeous color. :love:

Dear SparkliesLuver what is IG?

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Sorry! That's my abbreviation for Instagram. :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1455059652|3989117 said:
haha Sorry! That's my abbreviation for Instagram. :)

Thanks Sparklies!

S

SparkliesLuver

You're most welcome, Lovinggems. :D

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Made another purchase with Yvonne! Couldn't help it :oops:

Pair of paraibas for earrings...

Sungura - great suggestion on the marquis...but I have another paraiba ring in mind with the large oval I ordered from Thailand, yet to arrive...not sure if it will be a keeper but hoping so!

So far the Yvonne set includes the paraiba pair for earring studs, pink spinel for earring jackets, paraiba marquis & melee for necklace, and beaded spinel/tourmaline/apatite(paraiba color) for another necklace...I'm seeing them all layered and usable alone too. All in rose gold!

_36391.jpg

il_259.jpg

il_260.jpg

pink_22.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

desertrose I love your Paraiba plans. Just wanted to make sure you had a ring. I will say that the paraiba in my pendant really pops but I definitely want some on my hand. You are wise to build a set of interchangeable pieces. I am doing that with purple garnet. I have the earrings pendant and ring and some saved purple garnet to build a few more. So happy for you. Looking forward to seeing your piece from Thailand

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

desertrose I can't tell you how glad I am that you bought that paraiba pair. I was staring at them so hard core, while I was supposed to be working. The color on those just pops. I have spent so much money, during Yvonne's sale that I really can't justify much more. :shock:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great purchase Desertrose. You have beautiful plans too for your lovely stones.

eos: that plate with pieces of tourmaline rough is a dream. I would go for it!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

desertrose- what fantastic gems and plans!!!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

desertrose - can't wait to see your glowing collection!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I received my oval paraiba last week but I wanted to wait until I got everything to post pics.
I just loved the pic Mochiko posted with the spinels next to the paraiba so I grabbed some, during Yvonne's sale.
So, here it is.

Dimensions: 6.2 x 4.8 x 3.4
image_4243.jpg

And here it is next to some 2mm Burma spinels and 1.6mm paraiba melee.
image_4244.jpg
image_4245.jpg

I am so in love with the color on this baby. She's small but she glows like the Caribbean. :love:
Now I just have to figure out what to do with everything. I'm definitely planning on a ring. I just don't know how to combine all of these elements yet (but seriously, what a problem to have. :lol: ).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow elle!!
It glows indeed :love: :love: Your stone looks amazing and it's such a stunning and unique combo with the Paraiba and spinel melee. A new trend is born!

Please post more pics of your stones. You have made some great choices. And what endless possibilities you have, like using the pinks in the shank or in a halo. Who will set the stones for you?

S

SparkliesLuver

Nice scoop, elle! :D I completely know what you mean about small but glowy - mine's the same way. I cannot wait to see what you do with these!! Super exciting. :appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Acinom and SparkliesLuver.
I have no ideas on how to set this yet but probably a halo, since it provides extra protection (and because I like the halo look :D ).
I think I will be going with David Klass, when I figure out what I'm doing...although, I do love the look of Yvonne's sunflower & camellia rings so who knows. :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elle: what an incredible stone! Small but POWERFUL glow. Love it with the other stones especially :appl:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Elle, wowee! What beautiful gems!!!! Wow wow wow !!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Very nice Elle!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

elle_71125|1455641378|3991619 said:
I received my oval paraiba last week but I wanted to wait until I got everything to post pics.
I just loved the pic Mochiko posted with the spinels next to the paraiba so I grabbed some, during Yvonne's sale.
So, here it is.

image_4243.jpg

image_4244.jpg
image_4245.jpg

I am so in love with the color on this baby. She's small but she glows like the Caribbean. :love:
Now I just have to figure out what to do with everything. I'm definitely planning on a ring. I just don't know how to combine all of these elements yet (but seriously, what a problem to have. :lol: ).

Beautiful!!! I'm excited to see how you set your stones. I really like the look of your oval with the spinels. Your oval is gorgeous, it looks positively glow in the dark :love:

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive (international shipping always takes ages! Or maybe I am just impatient :lol:). I hope the package arrives before I go on vacation in a couple of weeks. :D

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1455697809|3991971 said:
elle_71125|1455641378|3991619 said:
So, here it is.

image_4243.jpg

image_4244.jpg
image_4245.jpg

Beautiful!!! I'm excited to see how you set your stones. I really like the look of your oval with the spinels. Your oval is gorgeous, it looks positively glow in the dark :love:

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive (international shipping always takes ages! Or maybe I am just impatient :lol:). I hope the package arrives before I go on vacation in a couple of weeks. :D

Thank you Mochiko and lovedogs! It's nice to have such kind words from the people on this forum. You guys are great! :wavey:

I'm with you Mochiko. Doesn't it always feel like shipping takes forever? I ordered mine and started getting impatient the next day (as if there was even a chance of anything coming that fast :shock: ). I was lucky because Yvonne shipped my paraiba to me straight from Tuscon so I got that pretty quickly. I hope you get yours very soon so we can all ogle your pics too! :naughty:

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Desertrose|1453308329|3978595 said:
THanks Acinom for doing so much work on this thread!

I just ordered a new stone, what do you think?

Its off ebay so who knows...they do have a 14 day return policy. It's about 8x10!

OK, finally got this one! I would really like to know what people think. Is it a keeper?

Here are some pics at home. I'm not the best at gem photos so bear with me. At least you can get an idea of what it turned out like, compared to the ebay vendor pics - my original posting is on page 4 of this thread.

It's heavily included, which distracts from what I think would be a window if it was clear. I don't like ovals because they always seem to do the half-dark thing...but this one does have some nice glow in some lights. It seems almost more like indicolite color to me - it is a teal green with aqua highlights I would say.

_36454.jpg

cuprian2.jpg

cuprian3.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh! It looks like a love baby of an emerald and a Paraiba :love:
Personally I love the green glow.

Listen to your heart (and to the experts) in deciding whether to keep it or not.
Do you have any setting plans?

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Thanks for your advice, Acinom. I'm thinking I'll keep it! It does totally look like love baby of an emerald and a paraiba :lol:

I have extra paraiba melee from Yvonne, so maybe I will surround it with paraiba and diamond melee or something like that!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Desertrose|1455802308|3992525 said:
Thanks for your advice, Acinom. I'm thinking I'll keep it! It does totally look like love baby of an emerald and a paraiba :lol:

I have extra paraiba melee from Yvonne, so maybe I will surround it with paraiba and diamond melee or something like that!

I'm glad you decided to keep it. Its such a pretty color (Acinom said it best). :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results