Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fan

diamondseeker2006|1455117772|3989328 said:
canuk-gal|1455116913|3989323 said:
HI:

Oakgem also has "10% off for Valentines Day"...

http://oakgem.com/Products/Van_Cleef_(and)_Arpels_Vintage_Alhambra_Gold_Bracelet_16213.aspx

cheers--Sharon

Yes, thank you, but sadly they exclude VCA and a couple of others from the sale! I looked last night just to see so that I wouldn't buy something new that they had at a good price. But their VCA prices are so close to retail that I'd prefer new.

In general I'd recommend new, too - most of the stones VCA uses are softer materials and we know how well many people care for their jewellery :-o

Onyx and plain gold are the exceptions IMO - both are hardy enough to withstand ill-treatment ::)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, I am emailing you about something different than VCA if you have a chance to check email.

If anyone here is interested in the sweet bracelet with a small discount, let me know and I will think about listing it if I choose something else for my Houston treat.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock

I am an old member who got sidelined by having babies and they tend to eat all the fun money, but my husband and I just celebrated a big anniversary so I thought I wants the amulette de cartier. When I went to the store it was such a disappointment in person and I was ready to walk out. I didn't want an eternity band as it's not my style and I would have gone through whiteflash anyway for that but my husband dragged me to the love collection. I was being a brat and said i didn't want anything as I have two pieces already. He picked something unexpected and I fell in love!

_36384.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sba771|1455161107|3989612 said:
I am an old member who got sidelined by having babies and they tend to eat all the fun money, but my husband and I just celebrated a big anniversary so I thought I wants the amulette de cartier. When I went to the store it was such a disappointment in person and I was ready to walk out. I didn't want an eternity band as it's not my style and I would have gone through whiteflash anyway for that but my husband dragged me to the love collection. I was being a brat and said i didn't want anything as I have two pieces already. He picked something unexpected and I fell in love!

Sba771, love your ring. Please post more pictures!! I would love to see more detail!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, I'm rooting for you to get a 4ct. Trust me, DSS sets in fast! I wish I'd gone lower, like to an I or even a J with fluor, to get a larger stone (like 6.5-7ct). Selling/ upgrading is such a pain!!

I'm loving all the Cartier and Van Cleef pieces!! I have an opportunity to buy a plain WG Cartier Love at a great price; but have wanted for so long now a WG with 4 diamonds and a plain YG. Shall I just get the plain WG for now and perhaps get a YG with 4 diamonds later?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1455168200|3989645 said:
Yssie, I'm rooting for you to get a 4ct. Trust me, DSS sets in fast! I wish I'd gone lower, like to an I or even a J with fluor, to get a larger stone (like 6.5-7ct). Selling/ upgrading is such a pain!!

I'm loving all the Cartier and Van Cleef pieces!! I have an opportunity to buy a plain WG Cartier Love at a great price; but have wanted for so long now a WG with 4 diamonds and a plain YG. Shall I just get the plain WG for now and perhaps get a YG with 4 diamonds later?

No, don't settle! Get a diamond or 4 in them! Are these cuffs? m2b and I think LLJsmom both got the cuffs, and I think that is so much better because you can keep them in nicer condition!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1455173543|3989661 said:

No, don't settle! Get a diamond or 4 in them! Are these cuffs? m2b and I think LLJsmom both got the cuffs, and I think that is so much better because you can keep them in nicer condition!

Haha, I won't! Thank you, DS. What was it that used to be in your tagline? "It's not a deal unless it's something you really want"?

These are full bangles/ bracelets....just my own personal preference.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1455208176|3989762 said:
diamondseeker2006|1455173543|3989661 said:

Haha, I won't! Thank you, DS. What was it that used to be in your tagline? "It's not a deal unless it's something you really want"?

These are full bangles/ bracelets....just my own personal preference.

MrsSalvo's was "A deal is not a deal unless it is exactly what you want".

Mine was "When in doubt, don't".

If only I would consistently follow those bits of advice! :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Some random bling thoughts...

So just to tell you guys I've been wearing my platinum LOVE band on my ering finger and I love it more everyday. I am officially a Cartier addict. I love it even without my ering. It reminds me so much of my wedding band that I lost. And most of all it has cured DSS to a certain extent, for now. My ering no longer spins and looks much bigger now when the diamond stays on top. I love it. I am dying to get a thicker rose gold band for my right hand. I thought I would want to stack on my right but instead I just want the thicker one. I had a lovely time at Cartier trying a bunch on. I also tried on the JUC, but I think the LOVE is more me. I also tried on the bracelet which I have grown to love. I can see wearing it. And I tried on the mini love ring, which I thought I would stack with my platinum but after trying it on, I don't love it like it thought I would.

I cannot believe how late to the party I am. People have loved Cartier for years but I am just discovering how much their style suits me. Feeling very much like a newbie.

I love looking at my hand and my daughter loves the design as well. I can't wait to buy her her first piece!

_1965.jpeg

_1966.jpeg

_1967.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ermagherd! LLJsmom!! That bracelet looks like it's SUPPOSED to be on your wrist! :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

... LLJ, you do now own that bracelet, right?

Because it was obviously just waiting for you to come pick it up. Obviously. Obviously!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love that bracelet and should have gotten it instead of what I got since it would have worked fine with the dbty bracelet. But, oh well! Glad you are happy with your Cartier pieces!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You guys are killing me! I had prioritized the 5.5mm love ring in rose before the bracelet. :twirl:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That bracelet is just lovely- I was looking at it online myself and wondering how it would look on! Oh no, potentially something else to add to my wish list........... :devil:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like the Love ring much, much, much more than JuC. I just cannot make myself think that a nail is beautiful. Even in gold.

You already have the cuff, so a ring might make more sense for your next purchase.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay, I am sorry to bring this up again, but I have to decide very quickly about exchanging my VCA sweet Alhambra 6 motif pink gold bracelet. Whew, that's a long name! Here are my current thoughts and maybe someone can help me see the forest and not just the trees!!! Having trouble deciding what to trade for!

In the summer I wear clothes with white backgrounds and colors such as black, bright royal blue, aqua/turquoise, hot pink. For summer, I just plainly prefer white metals as I think they are cooler and look better with my clothes and platinum jewelry. So the Alhambra pieces I perhaps would wear the most would be the MOP in white gold. I could get the bracelet now and then add either the vintage pendant or the short magic wg mop pendant to go with it. Or it can easily be worn with my white pearl SS/diamond pendant which has a white gold setting and chain. I could also combine it with the turquoise if I was ever able to get a piece. I do go on vacation more in the summer and have more opportunities to wear jewelry. More weddings are in the spring and summer, although we don't usually have many of those. Durability is an issue for me, though, and MOP is the least durable of my options. However, it would certainly not be a daily wear piece anyway.

Black is the color I wear most (along with jeweltone colors) in the fall and winter. I can handle the yellow gold more in the winter and the onyx would go with almost everything. I'd get the bracelet and then the long Magic pendant. Onyx is more durable than MOP. Or I could go with the all yellow gold bracelet to wear with anything and then get the onyx pendant and possibly another color that comes in yg. On the other hand, I am mostly in jeans all winter. I don't care to wear VCA to Walmart and the grocery store, so it would maybe once a month that I'd wear the black onyx if we go to a nice restaurant or something like that! Yes, exciting life, I know!!!!

Last, there is still the option of paying nothing extra and just getting the wg diamond sweet single motif bracelet to wear with my DBTY bracelet which can be worn anywhere at anytime, however, it is certainly not as noticeable as a statement piece as the mop or onyx are.

Sooo, what do you think?! (other than I probably should have bought nothing! I know!!!)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

For summer, I'm worried about the damage sunblock could do if it got on MoP. For the price point, I would prefer to only wear MoP in the winter.

I love love the onyx for winter attire and date nights!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean|1456791690|3997602 said:
For summer, I'm worried about the damage sunblock could do if it got on MoP. For the price point, I would prefer to only wear MoP in the winter.

I love love the onyx for winter attire and date nights!

I promise not to wear sunblock with the bracelet! But I hear ya, I think both would be really nice. It is only the cost that holds me back! :-o

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1456790774|3997597 said:
Okay, I am sorry to bring this up again, but I have to decide very quickly about exchanging my VCA sweet Alhambra 6 motif pink gold bracelet. Whew, that's a long name! Here are my current thoughts and maybe someone can help me see the forest and not just the trees!!! Having trouble deciding what to trade for!

In the summer I wear clothes with white backgrounds and colors such as black, bright royal blue, aqua/turquoise, hot pink. For summer, I just plainly prefer white metals as I think they are cooler and look better with my clothes and platinum jewelry. So the Alhambra pieces I perhaps would wear the most would be the MOP in white gold. I could get the bracelet now and then add either the vintage pendant or the short magic wg mop pendant to go with it. Or it can easily be worn with my white pearl SS/diamond pendant which has a white gold setting and chain. I could also combine it with the turquoise if I was ever able to get a piece. I do go on vacation more in the summer and have more opportunities to wear jewelry. More weddings are in the spring and summer, although we don't usually have many of those. Durability is an issue for me, though, and MOP is the least durable of my options. However, it would certainly not be a daily wear piece anyway.

Black is the color I wear most (along with jeweltone colors) in the fall and winter. I can handle the yellow gold more in the winter and the onyx would go with almost everything. I'd get the bracelet and then the long Magic pendant. Onyx is more durable than MOP. Or I could go with the all yellow gold bracelet to wear with anything and then get the onyx pendant and possibly another color that comes in yg. On the other hand, I am mostly in jeans all winter. I don't care to wear VCA to Walmart and the grocery store, so it would maybe once a month that I'd wear the black onyx if we go to a nice restaurant or something like that! Yes, exciting life, I know!!!!

Last, there is still the option of paying nothing extra and just getting the wg diamond sweet single motif bracelet to wear with my DBTY bracelet which can be worn anywhere at anytime, however, it is certainly not as noticeable as a statement piece as the mop or onyx are.

Sooo, what do you think?! (other than I probably should have bought nothing! I know!!!)

I honestly think this is the option I would choose. Your preferred metal is white gold, it costs no more money and seems to be the option that would get the most wear. It would look great with your DBTY bracelet too. You can always add the onyx or the mop later if you still want it. However, remember that is coming from someone that is not necessarily a collector of jewelry and one that wants to get the most bang for my buck for jewelry dollars by being able to wear something a lot. I just think at this point that it would be the most versatile, wearable option for you and it still gives you a beautiful VCA piece. Just my two cents!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, MGR! I do think that would be worn anytime I wore the DBTY bracelet. It is nice to not have to put more money into it, too!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS, is your ultimate goal to have a matching necklace and bracelet? Or would you be ok with non-matching pieces? I am all about how often I can wear something and I don't want to worry about having to match it to anything.

If it were me, I would trade the one you have for a vintage single motif wg bracelet. I could wear that year round and not worry about the durability issue. It sounds like wg would decently match everything year round. Then for your necklace it seems like you want the ones that have multiple motifs. That would be such a statement piece that I feel like it doesn't have to match your bracelet. What does your heart say about that? What would give you most pleasure when you look in the mirror? Black onyx or MOP?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1456802746|3997686 said:
DS, is your ultimate goal to have a matching necklace and bracelet? Or would you be ok with non-matching pieces? I am all about how often I can wear something and I don't want to worry about having to match it to anything.

If it were me, I would trade the one you have for a vintage single motif wg bracelet. I could wear that year round and not worry about the durability issue. It sounds like wg would decently match everything year round. Then for your necklace it seems like you want the ones that have multiple motifs. That would be such a statement piece that I feel like it doesn't have to match your bracelet. What does your heart say about that? What would give you most pleasure when you look in the mirror? Black onyx or MOP?

Well, I am glad to have another vote for the single motif wg sweet! You are right that it would match everything and be worn more. Or I could technically buy two of the less expensive sweets instead.

In regard to the onyx and MOP, the MOP bracelet wouldn't necessarily have to have a matching pendant (single motif Magic or vintage, not the 10 or 20, etc.), but it could. It would mix in with the other platinum or wg diamond jewelry. When I think of the onyx, I'd have to have something else in yellow gold to wear with it (I tell myself), so I was thinking the single motif long Magic pendant that can also be doubled and worn at 18".

I think the thing is, I enjoy getting things for good deals for the most part and only occasionally buy something new in the store. Tiffany, VCA, Cartier. Since VCA prices are high, collecting multiple pieces is quite a commitment, because I would not buy the ones with stones second hand. Therefore, it is not likely that I'd keep buying all the pieces I would like...I love the turquoise, but thankfully it is hard to come by so I don't have to think about that, too!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Does VCA have regular price hikes? If so, how about taking all the pieces you love, and arrange them from high to low $$, and pick the highest one that's within budget. Once you have the piece selected, if you feel delighted, yay! :appl: , if there's a pang of disappointment, then that's not the right piece for now... then move on to the next highest piece, lather, rinse, repeat... :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm just catching up...

J, count me in as a third who thinks the single motif pave sweet might just fit the bill perfectly here!

- It's dainty - delicate enough to wear with your DBTY without overpowering it, but with the pave the motif will be far more noticeable than the CS sweets!
- it's got diamonds! :bigsmile: the pave IMO prevents any over-"cute"ness... I personally don't think any of the sweets are ever going to be inappropriate but I know some do. This, however, is a piece that is quite clearly not meant for children!!
- it's all-white, so no worries about it suiting summer/winter wardrobes, and I think the small size makes it much more casually wearable than the larger Vintage five-motifs.
- you don't need to worry about matching (or mismatching) with future VCA choices - this one is about as neutral as it gets :))
- it's classic VCA at no extra cost :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean|1456806411|3997715 said:
Does VCA have regular price hikes? If so, how about taking all the pieces you love, and arrange them from high to low $$, and pick the highest one that's within budget. Once you have the piece selected, if you feel delighted, yay! :appl: , if there's a pang of disappointment, then that's not the right piece for now... then move on to the next highest piece, lather, rinse, repeat... :bigsmile:

I am sure they probably do. And that idea is pretty brilliant as a financial strategy, actually! :appl:

Yssie said:
I'm just catching up...

J, count me in as a third who thinks the single motif pave sweet might just fit the bill perfectly here!

- It's dainty - delicate enough to wear with your DBTY without overpowering it, but with the pave the motif will be far more noticeable than the CS sweets!
- it's got diamonds! :bigsmile: the pave IMO prevents any over-"cute"ness... I personally don't think any of the sweets are ever going to be inappropriate but I know some do. This, however, is a piece that is quite clearly not meant for children!!
- it's all-white, so no worries about it suiting summer/winter wardrobes, and I think the small size makes it much more casually wearable than the larger Vintage five-motifs.
- you don't need to worry about matching (or mismatching) with future VCA choices - this one is about as neutral as it gets :))
- it's classic VCA at no extra cost :))

I had pretty much ruled out sweets at my age, but when I saw the 6 motif one, I thought that would work until I realized I could hardly see the pink gold against my skin! I agree with you that the diamond single wg surely is not intended for children, and it actually is made in the 7" length. I think it is the best decision if I decide against (or postpone) the idea of buying two pieces of the MOP or onyx. Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay, when it came down to it, I could not reason why I should spend almost $3k on a tiny single motif sweet bracelet (the wg/diam) when I could spend $1000-1300 more and get a much more significant 5 stone vintage bracelet. I took into consideration FancyDiamond's advice a few pages back about the yellow gold being so luxe in this line (since I cannot do the white gold with diamonds $$$!!!). Soooo, then I had to deliberate over the onyx and solid yellow gold and really had difficulty deciding between those. The onyx is striking and beautiful, but I ended up getting the solid yellow gold both for versatility and durability. I can buy any pendants or other pieces that have stones and yg, and this bracelet will work with them. So here is my beautiful new VCA bracelet, and I think I made the right decision!

vca_ygvintagealhambrabracelet1_2016-03-08.jpg

vca_ygvintagealhambrabracelet3_2016-03-08.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks amazing on you, DS! I think this was definitely the better choice! :appl: Now you will have to start a YG VCA collection, LOL!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1457459067|4001601 said:
It looks amazing on you, DS! I think this was definitely the better choice! :appl: Now you will have to start a YG VCA collection, LOL!

Thank you! I know I probably drove you crazy as I deliberated on what to do, so thank you for helping me decide, too! At least this one shows up more on me than the pink gold! And yes, I feel a new collection beginning! lol! I have seriously always loved the Alhambra line more than almost any other designer line. I am on the frugal side and didn't think I'd ever do it, but even if I only get one pendant to go with the bracelet, I will be very happy!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS, I LOVE the choice you made, it is absolutely beautiful! Looks very substantial. The yg looks fantastic on you and I love the versatility of this piece - you can wear this anytime, anywhere, and with anything! :appl: Wow, I'm excited for you, you definitely made the right decision!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results