shape
carat
color
clarity

I got my ACA today

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
I picked up my WF ACA today! Here are some Iphone photos. It's a 1.35, J, what do you think about the color?

'm now having second thoughts about the setting. I tried on both the bezet and classic six prong at Tiffany's recently and truly loved the bezet on me. It felt more substantial on my finger, but I'm not concerned that the bezel will cover a small amt of the diamond surface. Here are photos of both settings on me. What do you ladies think? These rings both had 1.27 stones.

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
I can't edit the post above but I meant to say that I'm concerned the bezel will cover some of the stone, making it look smaller? Any thoughts?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind a J, so I can see the colour but don't mind it.

I'm not a bezel fan, so I prefer the 6 prong.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I don't think the beveled diamond looks smaller. I'm not a fan of bezels myself, but based on the pics I like the bezel setting on you better than the solitaire. Is the bezel a different colored metal from the band? I can't tell on my phone screen.

In any case, the bezel and solitaire are very different looks, so you should go with what you like. The bezel setting was calling to you, so I say stick with that.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful ACA! :appl:

Settings are a personal choice. Others will correct me I hope if I'm using the wrong terms, but I think a bezet would be considered more modern than a six-prong, which is more classic. If it were my ring, I would choose the six-prong because I prefer 'classic' rather than 'modern'. However, its your ring. Both styles are lovely.

May I add that I love your wedding band. I think it is a beautiful complement to the engagement ring; rather than taking attention away from the engagement ring, the wedding band is like adding a sparkling underline to it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond! I think you just have to decide what you like best! I personally would want prongs for the whole diamond to show, but I like pretty classic things in general.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone!

I prefer the bevel because it makes the diamond look bigger.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the bezel ring on your hand! To make it more classic than modern, you could always add milgrain.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see colour but I don't mind warmth, so that colours my opinion. :cheeky:

There's bezel and there's bezel. I've seen well done bezels where the lip is very thin so it makes the stone look ever so slightly larger, yet doesn't cover it up.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind a J colored stone, I have owned quite a few. I would get a bezel that is very thin, if you go for that. I thicker bezel can obscure light from getting to the stone if it is thick or if the sides are enclosed. I would want as much light as possible to hit that stone. ACA's are incredibly sparkly so I would go for prongs. I had a semi-bezel myself and ended up going with a prong setting for that reason.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. :love:

There are many reasons that we can't judge diamond color from pics.

PS is chock full of Ds that look very yellow in pics and diamonds at the other end of the alphabet that look very white, or even blue.
Plus, most PS members will only say nice things.
So, I'm afraid asking for feedback about color here is not terribly useful.

IIRC ACA's are graded by AGS, so you can believe the color grade.
You paid for a J and you got a J.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!!! :love: I love the bezel setting on you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I love the stone, and I am a big fan of bezels for a variety of reasons. Bezels cover the entire girdle of the diamond, which protects the stone at one of its weakest points. Bezels can also add more visual impact to the stone--they really only cover the very edge, and can actually make the stone appear larger because it's difficult for our brains to separate the metal edge from the diamond center (which is why halos are a great option for people who want more 'finger coverage'). Also, prong settings can be done well and have no issues, but some people (my mom, for instance) are very uncomfortable with prong settings because the prongs can catch on clothing. It's also extremely difficult to scratch anyone with a bezel. :lol:

If you want a more romantic type of bezel, you could add some other elements (milgrain, surprise stones underneath, an interesting gallery). I'll share one of my favorite bezel settings (I plan to reset my OEC into a similar setting someday): [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-maytal-hannah-ring-with-gog-august-vintage-cushion.201826/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-maytal-hannah-ring-with-gog-august-vintage-cushion.201826/[/URL]

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts on the setting.

When I tried on the bezel at Tiffany I was completely in love with it. It felt streamlined and modern and understated. And, this setting shows a lot of the diamond from the side. The bezel itself is not deep, but goes only around the girdle and covers very little of the pavillion.

When I received the diamond yesterday I went to a local store (in retrospect maybe I shouldn't have, and just gone with my original impression) while I was there I tried on more bezels and a six prong solitaire. Now that I have this beautiful stone I want to make it justice and with the solitaire you can see more of the diamond sparkle from all sides. There lies my conundrum.

I think both styles will suit me fine because I like simple, and classic, but not traditional.

I'm afraid to have the custom bezel made and it not turn out like the one at Tiffany, I would not want it to look thick or cover more of the diamond.

I also admit that the fact that I can run to the store and out it in a six prong setting TODAY is swaying my decision :naughty: I could wear it over the weekend and I can go in person and walk out with my ring while with the bezel I have to wait two more weeks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
omd21|1455202354|3989723 said:
When I tried on the bezel at Tiffany I was completely in love with it. It felt streamlined and modern and understated. And, this setting shows a lot of the diamond from the side. The bezel itself is not deep, but goes only around the girdle and covers very little of the pavillion.
Sounds like a collet bezel where the bezel only covers the girdle and doesn't enclose the pavilion.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a bezel makes the stone look larger so I wouldn't worry about losing diameter. Have you considered the side view? What do you prefer to look at from the side angle? I totally get your desire for instant gratification but please don't let that sway you. As to your fear about the bezel not looking like the Tiffany, I'm sure some will chime in and recommend a good designer that can execute it well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results