carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I did enjoy Everest. I watched it again today since I wasn’t paying a lot of attention to it last night. Wow what an ordeal to get to the top and back down. I also rented Sicario tonight. It was good. Neither movie has a feel good happy ending that is for sure. How nice that restaurant stocks Greg’s favorite bourbon. I am so sorry you can see the bumps in your eyes from the inside. I hope they continue to get smaller. I like your little pizza animation but if I try to spin my pizza dough in the air you know I’d drop it. I am pretty resistant to change so both of us will be facing those challenges at work. Rats. Please do sing snow snow go away. We’ll take all the help we can get. Marty drove my car to the grocery store today and slid through a corner. He thinks this car slides more than my old car because it’s lighter. It sure goes through the deep snow really well though.

Junebug, I am glad to hear a nice bath relaxes you. I agree with you that being busy makes the day go by faster. It will be interesting to see how things play out with our new tasks at work. Marty and I will be watching the Super Bowl tomorrow as well. Go Broncos!

We were up bright and early today. I brewed us up a pancake for each of us and made some bacon. We got to the grocery store by 8:30. I spent my day working on laundry and picking up around here. I will just be nervous tomorrow waiting for the game to start tomorrow and have nothing to do.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend.

Go Broncos! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Super Bowl Sunday.

Junie, I am glad you enjoy a nice relaxing bath in the evenings. It is a good way to de-stress. I am not a bath person but I can appreciate why some people are. We are getting snow the next 3 days starting late this evening/tomorrow AM. Ugh not looking forward to it at all but hoping it is a minor inconvenience for everyone and not a big deal.

Anytime you want to meet up or GTG I will have a lovely ice cold frosty Manhattan waiting for you. How's that fora promise? :bigsmile:
manhattan.jpg

Marcy, I am sorry Marty also slid with your car. I don't like that at all even if your car drives through snow smoothly. Please be super careful. Oy I cannot wait for winter to be OVER and NO more snow and ice pretty please!

Thank you for the review on Everest. I checked out Netflix and they only have a documentary by that name so I guess I will either have to wait or find it somewhere else. We watched a good movie last night on Netflix called Stonehearst Asylum. It was under the horror category and you know how much I enjoy those movies but after watching it I would say it was miscategorized and should not have been under horror. More like a dark thriller and we still enjoyed it. Not a great movie but a good one and sometimes that is good enough. We still have to watch Godfather 3 (without high expectations as I know 1 and 2 cannot be beat).

Today is Super Bowl Day and I am rooting for your Broncos and though I don't plan on watching it I am sending winning vibes to them. I hope you have a great time watching the game and enjoying all your delicious food. Go Broncos!

Hope all you girls are doing well and enjoy this Sunday!

gobroncos.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a former Denverite I say - Go Broncos!!
As a current resident of NC what can I say?
Go Broncos!!

off to art roundtable and will check in later.

more snow?! Ya'll NYers are tough & rugged!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy Super Bowl Day!

Missy, oh no that you are getting snow for a few days. Stupid snow. Stay safe and warm. If I go slow my car doesn’t slide much and it’s super going through snow so I guess I won’t freak out yet but if I do have trouble I’ll be crying and whining for a new car or tires or both. Ha! Does Netflix get movies when they come out on Blu-ray or is it later? Hopefully that movie shows up there for your soon. It depends on if Marty is traveling whether I’ll watch a horror movie or not.

Jimmianne, thank you for cheering on the Broncos too. I hope you had a nice time at the art roundtable.

I slept in until about 8. Marty was starving when I got out of the shower. Poor guy. I made Marcy McMuffins for breakfast and fixed each of us a bowl of fruit. We decided to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to look for a pizza stone. We found that and lots more. We got one of those paddle boards for putting pizza in the oven and of course to pull it back out. We got a new electric skillet, 2 thermal cups (one Broncos and one Redskins), jewelry cleaner, new pad for our Bona mop and a new microwave popcorn popper. I plan on firing that up during halftime.

I got Valentine’s cards ready to send out to our families, renewed our membership to the local botanic gardens and went out to mail all of those things. Our local mom and pop jewelry store has everything today 50 - 70% off so I stopped in there to look. They have some neat little 5 stone sapphire or ruby rings with round and princess cut stones bezel set but I didn’t like the feel of it on my finger and 1/2 price was $1200 for small stones - um no thank you. They had a very pretty pear diamond solitaire pendant probably about 1 carat in size but it was obviously a warm stone. They were so busy there wasn’t anyone around to show that to me. Now I want a pear solitaire pendant but in colorless. I am such a snob. I found a crystal Snoopy with a party hat and birthday cake. I want that of course so I mentioned it to Marty.

I washed all of our new things from the store. Marty made us fabulous pizza on the new pizza stone and I brought home Coldstone ice cream after visiting the jewelry store. I am eating well and the super bowl hasn’t started yet.

I have managed to keep myself busy all day but now I have less than a half hour before kickoff and I am nervous.

Go Broncos!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited! The Broncos won. :appl: :appl: :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1454904510|3988240 said:
I am so excited! The Broncos won. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Me too Marcy!!! Congratulations to the Denver Broncos, I'm thrilled for Peyton Manning and his teammates, WOO-HOO!

yayy.gif

dancing_penguin.gif

happyclappyguy.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! 恭禧發財 Happy Chinese New Year! Wishing you and all your loved ones good health, good luck, happiness, prosperity and peace this year of the Monkey!

Marcy, woohoo! Broncos did it! I never doubted it for a second. Very happy for you and I know you were anxious last night but our NIRDI dust worked. And perhaps Manning had something to do with the win too. :cheeky:

I love that you send Valentine's Day cards to your loved ones. So sweet. Greg and I just exchange with each other but I love that you share the love on VD. :love:

Sounds like you had a productive and enjoyable weekend with a great Sunday night. :appl:

Junie, hope you are well and enjoyed the game last night. Are you visiting your mom in the next 3 days? If so please be careful. We are getting hurricane winds here today and a few inches of snow though by you it might be different. Anyway whatever you do enjoy and be safe.

Jimmianne, I'm glad you enjoyed your art roundtable yesterday and yes we NYers are tough. Grrrr hear us roar. Oh wait that's just the noise of the traffic. Never mind. :lol: 8)

Hope everyone has a good Monday! :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1454936947|3988304 said:
Jimmianne, I'm glad you enjoyed your art roundtable yesterday and yes we NYers are tough. Grrrr hear us roar. Oh wait that's just the noise of the traffic. Never mind. :lol: 8)
:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, I am glad you are excited for Peyton Manning and the Broncos. I am still pretty thrilled today. I was so wound up I had a hard time falling asleep.

Missy, Happy Chinese New Year! I wasn’t convinced the Broncos were going to win until they only had about 2 minutes. I got sending holiday cards out from my mother. I send them to our siblings, my in-laws, our nieces and nephews and my aunts and uncles. LOL the roar from NYC is the traffic not the hearty people that live there. I bet the traffic is non-stop except for traffic jams. Cute teddy bear. I have occasionally looked for a pendant but I don’t know if I’d wear one. I would do better to get a key chain.

Hi Jimmianne!

The monotony of my day at work was broke up by a fire alarm in one of our buildings. We have 2 buildings that are connected. The alarm was going off in the basement of the other building. The security manager was walking around telling everyone to get out. We have a "rally point" outside where we have to all go to and badge in. It was chilly and windy out there and we were outside about 30 minutes. Several of us Bronco fans passed the time by reliving the game last night.

I got my annual review for 2015 this afternoon. Most of it was good - there were some comments about how I should be more blunt with my employees. I can't argue with that. There was a line in there no one else caught about my bears always trying to get me in trouble. Too funny. HR "swears" our VP's and CEO read all employee appraisals.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, too funny about your review mentioning the teddy bears lol. I am glad you received a glowing review and it doesn't surprise me that you are kind to all employees. Even the whiny ones.

I think a gold and sapphire teddy bear keychain would be awesome.

A 30 minute wait outside while the fire alarm was being checked is no fun in the middle of winter especially where you are. Brrr cold and I sure hope you were all wearing your coats.

Hi all the rest of the NIRDI girls.

Any special Valentine's Day plans?

Hope everyone is having a good week. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there everyone!

Missy, luckily we haven't had too much snow here in North Jersey, but 3-6 inches is predicted for south Jersey, boo. Just enough to be a pain lol. What is it like in New York? Apparently it's supposed to get really cold soon too. Ugh, February is just the worst month, March is looming in the distance but feels so far away! Can't wait for some warmer weather.

How is your eye? I'm hoping it's showing some improvement at this point :pray:

That bear pendant is adorable!

No big plans for Valentine's Day, in fact dh is getting back from a trip on Sunday so we'll probably just order a pizza and call it a day haha!

Sunday was actually quite a fun day - I love to watch golf (don't judge me lol!) and there was a really good tournament on - I kept going back and forth between that and the puppy bowl! And then just hanging out with ds and dh during the game, a good day all around.

Marcy, I'm glad you're enjoying the Bronco's victory, I'm so happy they won too. I don't know a whole lot about football but even I could tell their defense was awesome. It stinks that you had to stand outside for so long, but at least you got to relive the victory! I'm so glad you got a good review at work :clap: Leading a group of people is very difficult, you have pressure from a boss to get good results but you're dealing with human beings who aren't' perfect and are going to make mistakes occasionally. My husband deals with this all the time in his line of work. It has always seemed to me you have handled your team in a way that feels natural and right to you, and at the end of the day I think that's the most important thing!

Please be careful on those slippery roads! I can handle snow as long as the roads are clear, I hate dealing with ice on the roads.

Hi to LLJsmom, Callie, Lucyloo, Sharon, Kristie, Jimmianne, and Sunstorm!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this on Facebook, this is for you missy and marcy! I've been feeling this way myself lately teehee. This little guy's expression made me laugh :D

12662635_10154651254269062_1940767372944154825_n.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I have kind of looked for a teddy bear key chain but haven’t put a lot of effort in to it. At work we all put on our jackets. I picked up my purse, iPad and phone. If there really was a fire we’d probably all be caught in the fire since we didn’t just drop everything and go. Of course since you don’t see or smell smoke you tend to not move as quickly. I think I’ll make reservations for us maybe Saturday to go to dinner somewhere. I think going out Sunday will be really crowded. What are you and Greg planning for Valentine’s Day?

Junebug, I am glad you have warmer weather on your horizon. I don’t consider March as warmer weather in Wyoming. I am willing to bet a $1.00 that we won’t have anymore snow after June 5th. But only a dollar. I am so glad to hear you had a delightful day on Sunday. I actually watch golf even if Marty isn’t here. I’ve started to like it a lot too. That is how we ended up at Pebble Beach. Marty was bugging me about a trip and the Pebble Pro Am was on - I said where’s that? Why don’t we go there? Good call! I don’t think treating people poorly or nasty will result in positive actions. I was a bit sarcastic to them today because they were getting on my last nerve but that is rather unusual for me. It’s better than yelling at them. Since your DH is coming home on Valentine’s day pizza sounds perfect. A lot of places even have heart shaped pizza that day. Fantastic picture about work! Thanks. I needed that.

The weather warmed up to about 50 today. I even dug out my sunglasses on the way to work. It seems the sun is nailing me right in the eye both going to and coming home from work. Marty even cooked on the grill. He grilled himself a pork chop and me a steak. We had some potatoes and squash as well. Easy dish night too. I love being able to use the grill for our meals.

Work was crazy busy today. I was trying to watch the Broncos parade and everyone either wanted to talk to me, email me or ask me questions. And then there was that ever pressing work they expect to me do while I am there. Really. It’s the Broncos parade!

I need to pick up. The cleaning lady is coming tomorrow.

Have a great Wednesday. I might run out at lunch and try on that pear pendant. I’d like to see what size / color it is. I bet it’s about 1 carat and JKL. It was pretty sparkly.

Laters,
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I woke up to Greg giving me a card for my half birthday. What a guy right? Now where is my (half) birthday gift of diamonds? Didn't he get the memo? :cheeky: :halo:

Junie, we didn't get much snow either. The arctic blast is on its way however and down to single digits in a couple of days with wind chills 15 to 20 below zero by this weekend. If we ever needed the Brrrrr emoticon we need it now.
east%20coast%20psers.gif

I sure hope the feral kitties stay safe and warm!

Ha I'm glad you had a good Sunday and I think it's cool you enjoy watching golf. Do avid golfers play when the wind chills are below zero? Greg and I have never played real golf but we sure enjoy miniature golf and always thought when we retire it might be something (real golf) we like to start playing. Not sure if I would find it boring or not but I am definitely game to try.

Junie thanks for asking about my eye. The overall swelling is much better but quite a big lump remains so far. Time will tell if it goes away by itself or if I need to take further action. I'm putting my patience into practice now. ::)

Love the inspirational picture you posted and it's like the fur babies always tell me. Stay pawsitive. :lol:

Marcy, We're on the same cleaning person schedule. Ours is coming at 8AM this morning and I still have to straighten up a bit as I wasn't in the mood yesterday. I think the right teddy bear keychain will find you one day.

Ha that's how I do it in a fire drill too. I make sure to get my coat and my phone (though I do leave everything else behind) before I leave my office for the drill. They are pretty strict at work here and as soon as the fire alarm goes off the person in charge (fire marshall? not sure of the term we use) in our wing is very militant and commands us to leave. LOL. I remember last time he was saying I had to get out and I was saying just a minute I needed to get my coat and phone. He wasn't amused. :bigsmile:
Of course if it was a real fire I would be much quicker about grabbing my coat and phone. :rodent:

We are not going to go out for Valentine's Day per se since as you wrote it will be crazy crowded. No I think we will wait till the weekend after and make reservations someplace romantic after the brouhaha of the Valentine's weekend has passed. But we probably will go to Franny's Friday night for that pizza I have been promising Greg we could have. It's supposed to be quite good and located right near us so that's the plan for now. I don't like to make plans too far in advance these days as we never know what's going to pop up but if it all works out it looks like more than one NIRDI couple might be enjoying pizza this Valentine's day weekend. :lickout:

Ha for no more snow after June 5th LOL. Marcy you are a trooper. Winter in June. :knockout:
Ooh if you do try on the teddy bear pendant at lunch could you indulge us with a pic perhaps? Pretty please?

LLJsmom, I know I already said so but I so love your Cartier band. Any other thoughts now that you have worn it for a while? And how about the rose gold version? Decisions decisions decisions. :love:

I had such a bad dream last night. I cannot remember details but we were all dying spontaneously and there was nothing we could do to stop it. A bullet would just appear and go through us. Weird and disturbing and not a relaxing dream. Greg was not in the dream. Just me and a few other people I don't know. Weird. Interpretations? Does this mean death is on my mind? I don't like this dream at all..:errrr:
I wasn't watching some violent Law and Order or Criminal Minds (love that show but too scary for right before bed!) before we went to sleep. Instead I was watching RHOBH right before I fell asleep. Ha I guess that is super scary with the way those women behave towards each other. :cheeky:

OK to end on a happy note this morning. I hope all you girls have a wonderful day. (((Hugs))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I'm glad you reported your dream. It sounds awful and scary. Good to share and get it out of your head!

I have been a slug about posting here...more of a lurker the past few days.
Off to get hay and feed for the lowering temps but will check in later with everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, that is so sweet Greg gave you a half birthday card. OMG Wyoming weather is coming your way. Stay safe and warm. I bet those kitties are pretty adept at taking care of themselves. You are doing everything to help them out you can. I am glad to hear the swelling in your eye is better. I hope that continues. No the fire marshall would not be amused at us getting our coat and purse. We had a tornado siren go off one time at work and I was in the restroom so I headed to the basement. After getting down there I realized I left my rings including my ering on my desk. Marty was NOT amused when I told him I did that. Luckily our room is locked and there are cameras everywhere but it wasn’t smart. Going out for pizza Friday night sounds like a lot of fun. Sorry to hear you had such disturbing dream. I hate those. I hope you have sweet dreams tonight.

Jimmianne, I am sure you have a lot to do to get ready for the upcoming cold weather.

I guess I’ll end up with 4 more employees for our new project. I haven’t a clue how to do that job yet either so I’ll have to learn it before I can teach someone else how to do it. Fun. I’ll be busy. My boss and his boss are really stressed about it. They went to Utah for training on this and say it’s a pretty awful system.

Marty and I went out to dinner tonight then went to the golf course club to meet a buddy of his for a drink. They have a deal called let’s make a deal on Wednesday night in February and March where you can win prizes. It was kind of fun but I didn’t win anything. I had one of the Killer Rabbits with me. At least that was entertaining for me.

Marty has his interview at 8 am in the morning.

Have a great Thursday.

Laters,
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, good luck to Marty this morning! I hope it goes amazingly well and that you both have a big (and exciting) decision to make very soon. :appl:

OMG you went to the restroom and left your rings on the desk? I only take my rings off in my office to wash my hands (sink in office) so never leave the room without them even when I lock my door. I almost had a heart attack reading that you left your rings in the office during the fire drill. Thank goodness for happy endings. Whew!

Did you get to go bling shopping during lunch yesterday? Any teddy bear bling sightings?

Good luck with your new project and new employees. I get how you feel. Like being in the dark and having to learn how to drive. I am sure it will all become clear shortly and that you will do a great job on this new project but in the meantime not knowing what to expect can be stressful.

Glad you had fun last night and man those killer rabbits get around don't they. :cheeky:
Did you see that teddy bear rabbit in one of the threads? Ha funny I just realized that I combined your teddy bears with the rabbits in that name but it just fits Atlas (the huge rabbit). He is a teddy bear rabbit if I ever saw one and I am in love. I told Greg I would be thrilled if he adopted Atlas for me for Valantine's Day. I don't think he is taking me up on my offer/suggestion. :(( ;( 8) :lol:

Marcy, please let us know how Marty's interview went and what he thinks about making a possible change and move. And what your thoughts are too. Thinking good thoughts for you both and sending positive vibes your way. And hugs to all your teddy bears and yes the killer bunnies too.

Jimmianne, I am glad you are feeling well these days and that your new way of eating is making such a positive change in your life! Those cold temps are coming soon. C'mon Spring hurry up and get here pretty please! Hugs to Puff and all the animals and hoping your outdoor animals and ours stay safe and warm during this upcoming arctic blast. Marcy please take your weather back from us. You guys are used to it and can handle it oh so much better. :bigsmile:

Have a great day girls! :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy...hi : )
I hope we get the report on Marty's interview ASAP. Does it bother him to do interviews? I envision him sitting talking...with a rabbit in his pocket. All the best to him.

Missy, do you think if we all wish hard enough the cold weather will head North and leave us alone? It makes me very unlikely to want to frolick around outside taking care of things.

I had a lovely lunch at a good restaurant with my DD this week. It's so rewarding - even now - to contrast our time together with when she was a teen & early 20's. She no longer thinks I'm totally clueless LOL or if she does she hides it well :lol: She is my friend and mentor and inspiration, as I hope I am her's.
So, my diet is going very well [basically Paleo]. I feel clear-headed and energetic. Included in the diet, aside from the use of turmeric and coconut oil is the addition of collagen hydrolysate. I will be interested to see if that and the coconut oil make my hair skin & nails healthier. After dragging around for so long & feeling blue I am actually getting out more with more enthusiasm, reading more, as I used to, and starting to swim again. I think the miracle has come from replacing sugar and processed foods with the good stuff...very low carb as well. The change was almost overnight.

As I confessed to Missy, I have pretty severe diamond fever. To quench the fever I picked out a 0.50 pear with delicate setting as a little stacking ring, and before clicking the "buy" button went back through the diamonds and picked out a beautiful asscher. It is around 1.7 carats and shaped like a stop sign. If I had had an enabler, it would be on it's way to me now. But it would be a crazy purchase - 3x as much as my current stone, only a half mm larger, and totally unresearched. But it just seemed like such a logical purchase for a few minutes. yikes :errrr: gotta watch that stuff.

So that's life in this chilly corner of the world. I hope you all are doing well.
Here is a photo of my newly organized safe.
The pink, black & white jewelry holder on the bottom shelf was a gift from a dear NIRIDI. Pretty and very useful for holding all my non-rings jewelry.
img_2572.jpg

Missy, is there a secret to getting the animated emoticons to keep moving when you post them here? Mine go to sleep : )

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs,

Guess what! It's commute time and I can catch up and post. I think I've caught up. Marcy, good luck to Marty! I know the feeling of waiting only too well. I am really crossing all my appendages for him. Missy, I'm so impressed that you posted in Chinese. I have no clue how and never kept track of Chinese New Year. And I hope your eye improves every day. June, hi! Hope you are doing well and taking care of yourself. Jimmianne, great job on the safe reorg. And good job on clicking that buy button. I know how hard it is. Try Sudoku. It's been saving me everyday.

You all already know what is going on with me. I'm definitely trying to stay pawsitive!! Some days are easier than others.

I have some random bling thoughts, which have been a blessing and a curse. Thinking about bling keeps me from a nasty downward spiral of negativity and pessimism, but it's potentially very expensive too. LOL!!

So just to tell you guys I've been wearing my platinum LOVE band on my ering finger and I love it more everyday. I am officially a Cartier addict. I love it even without my ering. It reminds me so much of my wedding band that I lost. And most of all it has cured DSS to a certain extent, for now. My ering no longer spins and looks much bigger now. I love it. I am dying to get a thicker rose gold band for my right hand. I thought I would want to stack on my right but instead I just want the thicker one. I had a lovely time at Cartier trying a bunch on. I would normally go preloved but I'm thinking I might save for the real thing and let DH buy it for me as a reward when the blessed event occurs. I also tried on the JUC, but I think the LOVE is more me. I also tried on the bracelet which I have grown to love. I can see wearing it. And I tried on the mini love ring, which I thought I would stack with my platinum but after trying it on, I don't love it like it thought I would.

I also went to Tiffany to try on the T ring with diamonds. I must admit. It's a lovely ring. I like it, but Cartier is more me. I will post some pics for you guys to see.

Thanks for letting me babble on. I'll share a lot of the similar thoughts on the branded prices thread so sorry I'm being repetitive.

_1957.jpeg

_1958.jpeg

_1959.jpeg

_1960.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some pics of the Tiffany T. I actually like the non-stone version.

_1961.jpeg

_1962.jpeg

_1963.jpeg

_1964.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, Marty’s interview lasted about an hour. He thought it went okay. His boss asked most of the original questions. The other interviewer was a line manager for the project managers. He said some of the questions about sales channels and upper organizational stuff he didn’t know but he just said it wasn’t something he knew. If he gets the job he said that would be a big learning curve. I guess they make their managers pass a manager test. A lot of the questions were asked about how he would handle employees and situations. They told him they’d make a decision in a few weeks. I am sure quite a few people applied for it since the position was posted company / world wide. I am nervous.

I am usually very careful about my rings but I take them off to wash my hands and there are just times I shouldn’t. I am glad you are very careful with your rings.

I did not go bling shopping. It’s cheaper that way. I did not see the teddy bear rabbit thread. I will go looking for that.

I am sorry you are in the path of the arctic path blast. You’ll have to get out your warm coat. I didn’t mean to share our weather with you but I am glad it’s leaving me alone for a few weeks. Our snow drifts and glaciers might finally melt.

Jimmianne, Marty is usually calm and collected is most situations. I wonder if he did have one of his rabbits in his office? I sure would have taken one of my teddy bears. I didn’t send this cold weather your way. Really. That is so nice how the relationship of your DD has evolved in to a friend and mentor. I am delighted to hear your dietary changes have made such a positive impact on how you feel. That is awesome. Your jewelry safe looks very organized. Nice!

Thank you Missy and Jimmianne for the wishes for Marty. He did tell me if he doesn’t get this job he’s fine with that too.

Work was certainly busy. I spent more time in meetings that doing work. I found out more projects are coming our way. Holy cow are we going to be busy.

I met a friend for lunch today and it was nice to get out of the office.

We had grilled cheese for supper; easy supper and dishes.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom :wavey:
thank you for all the photos. It's the next best thing to being there. I do like the idea of buying new sometimes, especially with the big design houses since telling if a pre-loved is genuine is really hard. There is a really special feeling to having a new piece that is worth it and something you feel whenever you look at your jewelry. I would only go pre-loved if it included the sales receipt and was a deal that could not be refused.
My favorite on you is the wide Cartier band :love: . I like the nail in a bracelet, but for some reason in a ring it looks harsh and sort of aggressive. Maybe that's the contrast to your pretty hand.
I can see why you like the T, but it looks a little too delicate. I agree - the plain one has more punch.
When I wanted the TIffany Atlas I found a replica online with the same proportions to see how much I would wear it. Turns out it was a great idea because the width bothered me after a few days.
So, that IMHO - you did ask for my opinion, yes? haha

Marcy, good to hear Marty got through the interview. I have often gotten jobs in the science field that had a learning curve, so they are hiring a good man [need we say great man?], not a job manual. I hope he gets the job if he really wants it! Good he could be happy either way, but all the best to him!

Now I can't find the post, but whomever said they were saved from impulse by doing Suduko made me laugh. Great idea! I bought a pretty puzzle yesterday to get the *click* of satisfaction as pieces match rather getting the satisfaction of impulsively clicking "buy" on a high-end item : )
But that Cartier wide band is getting to me. Ugh, I want it all. Must. Get. Puzzle. Out.

Missy? is there weather to report? Is that pesky lump in your eye ANY smaller? Please tell that it IS.
Snow predicted here today. Obviously it's Marcy's snow visiting us, but that's OK. Happy to take a little weight off the West :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

LLJsmom, thank you for all the eye candy!
1458200vdknpddrk.gif

As you already know I much prefer the Cartier band to the T band. IDK something about the T band. Just don't like it. The Cartier band is much more beautiful and classic IMO. So glad you love your new platinum band and who knows? A new rose gold Cartier band might be in the near future for you.
1237397y6kr97ild4.gif

Just want to add that I love all your recent purchases and think you have done a great job in adding to your already enviable collection!
thum12.gif

Jimmianne, so glad you and your DD shear a special bond and relationship. That must be so sweet. Really one of the most rewarding things about being a parent. Raising a responsible wonderful loving and kind adult who is a good person. Well done my dear! :appl:

Nice organization of your safe. :appl:
That pesky lump is getting a bit smaller Jimmianne. Thank you for asking. :kiss:

Marcy, glad Marty's interview went well. I will be using my new uber warm coat this whole weekend for sure. I have a crazy idea about having to do a few things tomorrow that would force us to be outside for a long while but Greg is onboard. He said I will be OK if I wear my super warm new coat and I will be for sure. I know this kind of cold is nothing for you but well we are not used to it. Windchills will be down to -25 degrees F by this Sunday. :shock:
427842brwiji848d.gif

We saw the kitties eating this morning and I am just praying so hard that they can make it for the next few days. Coldest temps we have seen in decades and these kitties are still just babies. :cry: :cry: :cry: Their food is filled to the top and so at least they will have food in their bellies to keep them warm and hoping whatever shelter they are using will keep them safe from the cold. And at least it won't be snowing so if they can stay dry they might have a chance. :pray:

I love grilled cheese Marcy. Sounds like it was not only an easy to prepare dinner but a delicious one as well.
chowtimeguy.gif

Being busy with new projects sounds good as long as they are interesting. They can keep your day from being boring and time will go faster at work. Hoping they bring the mental stimulation you want and make work that much more enjoyable.

Callie, glad to hear things are progressing smoothly. (((Hugs))).

Have a good day girls! Valentine's weekend tomorrow. Woohoo.
742469s3709nw4fb.gif
pretty%20heart.gif

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I like your organized safe pic!!

Well its been awhile since I've posted here. I've been wrangling Westies and all their issues. I feel like a broken record about them, probably very boring. I will say that the diarrhea from Sept/Oct/Nov and part of November seems to be DONE. Finn seems to be recovered from his Nov ACL rupture. Maggie is having her allergic skin issues (Missy, she is your canine soul sister when it comes to the skin).

I've been having some discomfort in the leg/knee that I fractured and that had me worried that maybe the patella fracture re-broke (my head always goes there because that was the fracture that had me pretty much immobilized). I'm guessing the twinge-y discomfort is from some of the internal structures in the knee, I have plenty of damage in there from the accident.

And I've basically been dragging around (ha, I feel ya on that, Jimmieanne!). This year I didn't enjoy the Tucson Show like I usually do, there was a lot less to see/buy and the prices were INSANE, like getting mugged, so I didn't buy a whole bunch. I wanted to get a petrified wood polished tabletop but at $3k it was too steep to start the negotiating so I just walked away.

This Valentine's Day will be 20 years married for me and Bob. He is taking me to Scottsdale for lunch today (we hate crowds) to beat the Sunday rush. He brought home 2 dozen roses, very nice! I'm lucky he's hung in there with me through all the horribleness with my parents, his family, health issues both sides, etc. Honestly, the worst years were the POOR years so we were not able to flip each other the bird and split it all up, hahahahaha! Had to hang in there and we wound up coming out on the other side of things, the happy side.

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day, love comes in lots of ways/lots of people! :love: :appl: :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1455296829|3990212 said:
This Valentine's Day will be 20 years married for me and Bob. He is taking me to Scottsdale for lunch today (we hate crowds) to beat the Sunday rush. He brought home 2 dozen roses, very nice! I'm lucky he's hung in there with me through all the horribleness with my parents, his family, health issues both sides, etc. Honestly, the worst years were the POOR years so we were not able to flip each other the bird and split it all up, hahahahaha! Had to hang in there and we wound up coming out on the other side of things, the happy side. :

:lol: :lol: :lol: Kristie, I love you. You know that right? So much truth in what you said. "You either hang together or your hang separately." I truly believe in that saying. It's so strange that you made that comment b/c I know several couples who are very well off, but almost ironically now is when they are discussing splitting up. It's like when things are going well in other aspects of their lives, they have the luxury of stepping back and asking, am I happy? So I'm just going to rant a little about this. Hope you guys don't mind.

A friend of mine who has two young kids, both under 5, said her DH wasn't that "happy" anymore. Several years of being disconnected and not being a priority have passed for them. This is natural, for people with young children. Mom works full time, and she handles all the kids' activities, scheduling and care. So she may NOT be in the mood all the time. Surprise, surprise. Dad is fully committed to climbing the corporate ladder, and has the expectation that Mom be the primary caregiver. Now he is feeling neglected, that she hasn't been available to him, has not been giving him enough attention, has withdrawn from him. Boo-f***in-hoo...

Here is how I am feeling. So who said marriage would be a party 24/7?! Life, with or without marriage, has rough patches. When you get married you commit to being with that person through all those times. The point is you help each other out through the hard times, not to ditch when it gets hard. That is the whole point of making it a legal process (I'm just being sarcastic, kinda...), so that it is a huge PITA to untangle it all if on a particularly bad day, you're just not in the mood to be married. And kids. He wants a lot of kids. What do you think? The wife just pops them out and they take care of themselves like baby whales? Yes, someone has to care for them. And if you already know YOU are not gonna be the primary care taker, then guess what genius. That leaves only your wife. And if she's doing the full time job of two people, she may not wanna take care of your grown lazy ass as well.

So this idiot just wants to up and leave. I'm like no f***in' way. You're in this buddy. It takes two and you better stay in it to do your f***in' share. And get over it and don't cry like a baby. You're a father now, not just a sperm donor. Because he could afford to divorce, it's an option for him. But if they weren't as well off, it would not really be an option since they would need both incomes to survive.

Sorry girls. Kristie's hilarious comment really made this crystal clear for me. I'm just going off b/c I'm really feeling for my girlfriend, who is the most awesome, giving and patient person. Thanks for letting me rant.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Word, LLJs!

If that guy can afford a divorce he can afford a weekly housecleaner, a middle-aged *professional* nanny, and a cook's services a couple nights/week so his wife has the time to massage his ego. :lol:

I swear to God, if it can be solved by money, it's not a problem.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, we must have been posting at the same time last night. I missed all of your great pictures until just now. Everyone looks wonderful. I am sorry you are having a rough time right now. I am glad you have such pretty bling to put a smile to your face. I am sorry to hear about your friend. I don’t get people sometimes.

Jimmianne, glad you tried a replica of the Tiffany Atlas since you didn’t like it. I keep thinking of getting a wider band for my ering but I think I’d hate that much medal on my finger. Marty has always wanted me to buy a second Tiffany Etoile and have my diamond mounted on it. I think it’d look great but my fingers are kind of short and I don’t think I’d like 8mm of bands. That’s great you had some science jobs that required you to learn some new things. I always think that is a good thing. Was the puzzle you bought a jigsaw puzzle? I love putting puzzles together. Thank you for taking some of this snow off our hands. The drift on our front lawn is down to about a foot.

Missy, I am delighted the lump is going down on your eye. Tell it to keep up the good work and just go away! You’ll need your warm coat, warm boots, thermal undies and several layers of clothes going out in that cold weather. Are you guys still going out for pizza this weekend? I hope the kitties snuggle up somewhere during the cold. I know you are worried about them. When I used to teach a grilled cheese was my supper. I drove home, grilled my sandwich, inhaled it and took off for school. Quick and tasty.

Kristie, I am so excited to see you here! I am glad to hear Finn is better but hate to hear Maggie is have skin issues. I am sorry to hear your knee is bothering you again. I hope it gets better soon. That is too bad the Tucson gem show was such a disappointment. I hope that was a fluke not a trend. Did you and Bob get married on Valentine’s Day? Congratulations on 20 years. I am glad you are on the happy side now. So true if something can be solved by money it isn’t a problem.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes for Marty on this job. He doesn’t seem anxious about it.

As details about this new project unfolds I see we have lots and lots of work and problems ahead of us but since it’s new stuff I am still excited about it.

We had patty melts and oven veggies for supper.

Marty is hanging out in the man cave playing Fallout.

Have a great weekend. Stay warm those of you in the deep freeze zone.

Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya Nirdis!

Missy, isn't that teddy bear rabbit just the BEST?!? I love him so much - when dh gets home from his trip I'm going to ask him if I can adopt him for Valentines Day - gee, I wonder what he'll say??? 8)

Dang, its cold out there! Thinking of those sweet kitties.

I'm not sure about the cut-off temperature for playing golf - I think for my dh it's 50 degrees, although he's played in the 40's. It's funny, I like watching golf but I don't really have any desire to play it. Probably just as well, I'm sure I'd drive dh crazy, he takes his golf pretty seriously haha!

Thanks for the update on your eye, I'm hoping it completely clears up for you soon!

Aw, that was sweet of Greg to get you a half-birthday card, now he just has to get you the teddy bear rabbit lol! I'm pretty sure my dh is going to say no ;(

Marcy, I'm glad you're enjoying some warmer weather, you deserve it…even though we are freezing here on the east coast! But I wouldn't blame you if you don't feel much sympathy for us, with having to wait until June for the snow to end :-o - I'm sure we seem like wimps to you! I'm glad Marty made it through the interview and it sounds like he did well and has a good attitude about it all - now the waiting begins, which is of course a bit nerve-wracking. Sending tons of job dust and good vibes. I'd love to go to Pebble Beach someday! I think dh has played that course. One nice thing about watching golf is that the courses are so pretty and held in such beautiful places.

And how dare people bug you with mundane things like work when the Broncos parade is on? Don't they realize you have your priorities?? :D

Jimmianne, I'm so glad to read you're feeling better! :clap: I'm really happy that a new eating plan has lifted your spirits and has made a difference in how you feel physically. It's nice you had such a good time at lunch with your dd; it's really wonderful that you are enjoying such a rewarding and close relationship with her. It's a very precious and special bond that adds so much to life.

Love your very organized safe! Impressive! I hear you, sometimes hitting that "buy" button makes such perfect sense, a least for a minute anyway! Did you end up buying the pear?

LLJsmom, thank you for posting pics of your shopping trip, made me feel like I was there! The bracelet looks SO perfect on you! The wide love band looks great on you. I like the plain Tiffany on you as well. I'm glad you're enjoying your new Love band so much, I love it with your ering.

That is such a shame that your friend is going though such a tough time with her marriage - my heart goes out to her, two little kids and her husband doesn't want to be married anymore, devastating. I can see why you are so upset for her and need to vent about it, it's a very disturbing situation. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts.

Kristie, thank you for the update on Finn and Maggie, I've been wondering how they're doing and so glad to see they seem to be doing well, although I'm sorry about Maggie's skin issues, poor thing. I'm relieved Finn recovered from his ACL rupture, I know you were so worried! Happy 20th Anniversary, that's a big one lol! Hope you had a great time at lunch, and so sweet of Bob to get you roses! :love: Sorry to hear your knee is acting up, hope it's nothing serious and starts feeling better soon.

I know I missed some stuff, I've been feeling a little *blah* and have been a bit of a lurker myself and I am going to do better at keeping up! Have a good night everyone!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, by the time you get this message, I sure hope your eye is better today than yesterday. How are the kitties? I've been meaning to ask you.

You guys have awesome accommodating my crazy texts and rants. Thank you so much NIRDIs. Your support has helped me get through so many tough days and afternoons.

Marcy, hope you can enjoy your weekend and your time away from work. Hope Marty can relax after the interview. It's such a draining thing to do. I sure hope the weather eases up on you.

Kristie, so glad the diahrea is over, but Maggie is having skin issues? I'm so sorry. Skin issue are always so trying, especially when the little sweetie can't talk to you. CONGATULATIONS to you and Bob on 20 years. That really is a huge milestone. Are you guys doing anything special?

June, how are you doing? I know what you mean about lurking. I have been tired and just trying to get through the day. I am grateful for the little breaks and the support from the NIRDIs at the rough moments.

Jimmianne, it is great that you and your daughter spent time with each other, and that you understand each other better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results