carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I'm happy your team won! I must confess though that I climbed into bed long before the game was over and didn't know until a few minutes ago which team was the victor...

I had a highly successful (translation: expensive!) shopping day on Saturday at Nordstrom Rack. Sunday I finally bit the bullet and ordered some floor lamps to try out in my living room. It was a b!tch finding some that might work... I ordered one that is 8' tall with an 8' arm, but it's a really square shape so I don't know if I'll love that, and I also ordered two that are 9' tall with a more graceful arced shape, but their span is only 6'8" so I don't know if it/they will work. I hope at least one of these looks good though I'll just send the other(s) back. I've been trying to solve the dark living room problem for... oh... about two years now (!) without drilling anything into the ceiling and locating lamps that are tall enough was a real challenge! Interestingly enough they won't be delivered for about a month but the $2K charge IMMEDIATELY hit my Am Ex, LOL.

Other than shopping and eating I didn't really get much else done this weekend...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday Kids!

Dee Jay, I was too wound up to fall asleep when I went to bed last night so I am glad one of us got to sleep at a decent hour. I hope one of the sets of lamps work for you. Our ceilings all have those canned lights in them. Don't you love how quick charges hit your account and it definitely doesn't relate to how quickly said items can or will be delivered. Shopping definitely can wear you out though.

The monotony of my day at work was broke up by a fire alarm in one of our buildings. We have 2 buildings that are connected. The alarm was going off in the basement of the other building. The security manager was walking around telling everyone to get out. We had a "rally point" outside where we have to all go to and badge in. It was chilly and windy out there and we were outside about 30 minutes.

I got my annual review for 2015. Most of it was good - there were some comments about how I should be more blunt with my employees. I can't argue with that. There was a line in there no one else caught about my bears always trying to get me in trouble. Too funny. They "swear" our VP's and CEO read all employee appraisals.

Marty made a shepherds pie for supper. Whatever season salt of seasoning he put in it was not a taste I like. Sigh. It will be good for my calorie intake today; I didn't eat much of it.

Have a great Tuesday.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I've got can lights in the lower part of the ceiling (the 11' area) but I somehow thought the pendants would throw more light off toward the middle of the room (rather than just by the wall where they are hanging) in the 13' area. A definite lighting failure on my part -- I guess that's what happens when you don't consult a professional at any point during a complete gut renovation, LOL.

Last night I finished getting everything ready for my tax guy for my appointment on Feb 25. I might be the only person in the world who actually ENJOYS putting it all together and then sitting down with my guy and talking about it -- HA! There is a bit of concern that I might owe this year... I almost always owe the state (not a ton, like last year I owed $1,100 or so, and I think it will probably be around $2,000 this year) but I think for 2015 I may have to pay uncle Sam too. I guess I'll just wait for Larry to work his magic and see how the number fall!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, I hope the lights throw enough light out in the room. Our ceilings are 10' and probably 13 or 14' in the peaks. We do have the canned lights everywhere though. It's hard to plan out everything on a renovation but there is also the fun of changing things out.

I can believe you enjoy discussing taxes with your tax man. I might review ours again this week and go ahead and submit it. Next year we might owe but the taxes on Marty's new pickup helped us out. I like it when we break almost even. I don't want a large refund and I don't want to pay a huge amount. Not too picky huh?

What a day at work. I just wanted to watch the Broncos parade but I kept getting interrupted and had a very busy day. What is more important? Doing my job or watching the Broncos. Generally I would say doing my work but hey it's the Broncos and they won the Super Bowl!

I was a sarcastic Bosszilla to my employees today. Marty was laughing at me when I told him the few times I snapped at some of my employees. I didn't scream and yell but I sure said things like "is your name Marcy? then why are you answering questions addressed to me?" Or "do you see anything in this column? Well then why is it still on our spreadsheet?" :wall:

Marty was able to cook on the grill tonight. He made himself a pork chop and squash and me a potato and steak. I only ate half of the steak so he'll use it for lunch. At least this time he made me a normal sized baked potato instead of one that would feed 4 people.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I think a nice dose of sarcasm goes a long way! If they won't listen to us when we're being *nice* then I think we have every right to snark it up!

Last night the CB and I stopped at a friend's house and gave their 15 month old her x-mas gift (finally!) -- she was more interested in the wrapping than the actual present, ha ha. Then we went to a community association meeting where the topic was (as always) parking. There are simply more cars than spots in my neighborhood and now they're planning a bunch of road work that will remove entire blocks from available parking for months while the construction goes on. It's a mess already and will just get worse this summer. Ugh.

Today I am going to start working on the final phase of a project that has been haunting me since last spring. It HAS to get done by the 22nd though because we have a consultant coming in to review it. Nothing like a firm deadline to make you get your a$$ in gear!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thank you for the good laugh about being snarky. Sometimes you just need to be snarky. I can't say I am any better today either. That is too cute that little girl liked the wrapping paper more than her present. I am not surprised. It sounds like parking will be a mess around there once construction starts. You'll get all of the complaints about it too. Fun! Good luck getting your project done by the 22nd.

Fun times at work today. I guess I'll get 4 more employees for our new project. First I have to learn how to do that work and start hiring and training people. I'll be busy for months.

We went out to supper tonight then went to the golf course club for let's make a deal. I didn't win anything but it was fun.

Marty has his interview at 8 am tomorrow. Sweet.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Marty’s interview lasted about an hour. He thought it went okay. His boss asked most of the original questions. The other interviewer was a line manager for the project managers. He said some of the questions about sales channels and upper organizational stuff he didn’t know but he just said it wasn’t something he knew. If he gets the job he said that would be a big learning curve. I guess they make their managers pass a manager test. A lot of the questions were asked about how he would handle employees and situations. They told him they’d make a decision in a few weeks. I am sure quite a few people applied for it since the position was posted company / world wide. I am nervous.

Work was certainly busy. I spent more time in meetings that doing work. I found out more projects are coming our way. Holy cow are we going to be busy.

I met a friend for lunch today and it was nice to get out of the office.

We had grilled cheese for supper; easy supper and dishes.

Have a great Friday.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Happy Valentine's Day weekend!

Work was busy today. Our new projects are evolving and growing. We are pretty screwed for a while but once things are ready for us to attack we'll figure out a plan. I don't get too worked up in the planning stages. I express my opinion. It's ignored so then I have to work around and fix what we end up getting.

I met Marty for lunch, picked up some Valentine's sugar cookies for my team and then anxiously waited for 5 pm to roll around.

We had patty melts and oven veggies for supper.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, this is stupid question (and I've always wondered... ) but is a patty melt the same as a hamburger or a different thing altogether?

I'm in Aspen for five days with my best traveling girlfriend. Today is her birthday and we've got dinner planned at our favorite place here. Of course it's hard to pick a restaurant here we don't love! The weather is amazing -- almost 50 and sunny in the daytime. We sat on the deck at the base of Ajax mountain yesterday and even though I had sunblock on my cheeks got a bit red. I was just wearing a long sleeve T-shirt it was so warm! But the instant the sun drops behind the mountain look out because it gets 20 degrees colder instantly!

OK, off to do a little lite shopping!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, enjoy your stay in Aspen. Isn't the weather amazing for February? You got away from the cold in Chicago too. That is typical around here once the sun goes down the temperature drops. Thin air. :lol: What did you have for dinner at your favorite place? Did you find anything shopping?

A patty melt is a grilled cheese with a hamburger in it. They are one of Marty's favorites. I bought a new skillet I wanted to try out but I didn't do well on the patty melts. I didn't make them thin enough so Marty's burger was pretty rare. He didn't mind though. Mine had some pink in it. I tried pancakes in it for breakfast and kind of burnt them. I'll need to use it a few times before I get it. Marty prefers to cook with his heavy ceramic pans on the stove.

We went to the grocery store about 10 and are waiting until 2:30 to go to dinner. The local rib and chop house had one reservation left open and it was at 3 today so we took it.

I am working on laundry I swear that stack was as tall as me. Marty of course said "how high can that be?". Brat.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I sometimes let the laundry pile up too, which is easy to do because I just throw my clothes in the laundry room from the day before when I'm making my bed in the morning. The problem comes in when THAT pile gets big enough that I can't ignore it... and then the CB brings in his hamper full of clothes from the closet and then I've got an absolute MOUNTAIN!

Today was another lazy day in Aspen. I did pretty much nothing while my friend skied. She just got back a little while ago and is taking a shower now so we can go out. I sounds like she wants to go to this club sort of place called Skye before we got to dinner so I think I better stock up on the cheese and crackers the lodge sets out for happy hour because it's going to be a while before I get any real food!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Dee Jay, I have the same problem with laundry when Marty dumps all of his clothes in the hamper but he lets it pile up by his side of the bed. Good idea to eat some cheese and crackers before hitting the bar. I get pretty tipsy on an empty stomach.

Marty made us omelets in the microwave for breakfast. It makes your eggs so big and fluffy. We had our homemade pizza about 2:30 and ate our creme brulee a little while ago. Lazy day; all I did was finish reading a book and do laundry. And lots of dishes.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a wonderful Valentine’s Day.

Curby

diamondheart_0.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't allowed to use the little torch to burn the crust on top. Good call!

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1455497711.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I may have over indulged a little last night, despite being well stocked with cheese and crakers! Three glasses of wine at the lodge WITH the cheese and crackers, two manhattans, a glass of wine with dinner, and finished it all off with prosecco. Betty Ford called and I can check in any time -- ha!

Today I did some more shopping but the only thing I bought was five spheres to put in a bowl on the coffee table. They are actually etched clay and you can roll them around in super find sand and they make a pattern... which is great in *theory* but I don't think I really want loose sand flying around in my living room!

This is our last night and we fly out at 7 am tomorrow morning. Holy Early Flight Batman!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you are on vacation so of course your alcohol consumption goes up. That was nice of the Betty Ford Clinic to check on you and let you know that you can check in at any time. Did you check liver light come on? :lol:

Ugh to the early flight. I hope you sleep okay tonight. Have a safe trip home tomorrow. When we go to the beach this summer we have to be to DIA by about 6 am (7:40 flight) and then coming back the flight is at 7 am. I'll be wasted all day without alcohol.

Holy wind gusts here today. At least it's warm (for February). Our 4 foot drift out front is almost gone.

Work pegged pretty high on the "Really Sucks" meter today. Too many things going on, coming up and mistakes being made. I caught something 45 minutes before it would have been a personnel error. At least I found it but I am about to go Gordon Ramsey on my employees. But will that help? Probably not. It would be entertaining though.

Marty didn't think about something to cook for supper so I exchanged some cash for food through some little window. Worked well for me.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, as I mentioned, our flight this morning was at 7 am, which means in theory I should have gotten up at 4:50 to be ready for the 5:20 taxi pickup. But for reasons that I'm not going into I actually hadn't even been to sleep at all by 4:50, so that was moot. Actually, I may have caught a few (and I mean VERY few Zzzzzs...) on the sofa of the hotel lobby... but once again I'm not going into that. Too complicated and too tired for the details to make sense and not make the whole thing seem crazy.

Happy to be home now though! Trying desperately to stay awake until at least 8:30. Not sure I'm going to make it...

The CB made pot pies for dinner. I turned the oven on though -- I think for maybe the first time!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you had a short night and a long day. I hope you made it until 8 tonight. Sleep well! Your place will be on Chicago PD tomorrow night, right? I will definitely watch it. Yay for turning on your oven. I was recently thinking homemade pot pies might work good with leftover roast beef. With 2 of us we have way too much beef left over from a roast.

Today wasn’t that great at work again. I am really frustrated - all sorts of new tasks are being handed to my team (starting from now to April 1st) but I am having little to no input in to how we will implement them. My old boss agrees to things without making sure we are ready for them or have the necessary tools. My new boss isn’t familiar enough with our world he doesn’t make good for the team decisions. After it all settles down things will be better because then I can determine how we’ll take care of things but right now it changes from day to day and more things are getting dumped on us. Oh well I owe so it’s off to work I go.

Once again my chef had no plans for dinner so we went to Olive Garden. I had salad, 1 bread stick and pasta with plenty left for 2 lunches.

Have a great evening and Wednesday!

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, a short night and a long day pretty much describes it perfectly, ha ha!

I think I tweaked my back this morning... brushing my teeth... !?! I hope I'm wrong and it will just fade away, but there's a definite possibility I'm going to be in some pain for the new few days. Yowch.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you had a long nap this afternoon. You deserve it. Oh no to tweaking your back. I hope it was momentary and you don't have any more pain or problems with it.

Not much new or different going on here. It was near 60 today here. Sweet! I know snow is lurking around the corner but I will enjoy it while it's here.

Have a great evening!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I think my back is going to be OK. I was super careful yesterday and it's a little sore but not nearly as bad as I was afraid it might be!

Last night about 20 people came over and we watched the Chicago PD episode at my place. It was very strange having a TV in my house, ha ha, but it was fun having everyone there and seeing out little complex enjoy its fifteen minutes of fame together. I was ready for everyone to go home though -- I think the last of the stragglers left around midnight... !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad to hear your back is better. I have a stiff neck maybe it's the weather? I watched Chicago PD last night. I know the bed was your because of the wall hanging but was the segments with the family with the bookcases in the background your place too? Also was that the outside of your building? It was fun to see. That is great you have a private viewing party. Too cool.

We had leftovers for supper but at least the dishes were quick then. I had a chat with my boss this morning telling him I was pretty frustrated and a bit angry at how things are going with this new project. It's for my department, they will be my employees but they are leaving me out of all the decisions. I at least felt better venting.

Have a great evening and Friday.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, the only scene in my house was the one with the bed. The three cops and the property manager came through the front door, then the one cop came down the hallway from my laundry room and looked in the coat closet where he found the letters, and then they all went through them at the kitchen counter. The family scenes were done at a different house. There were two scenes at the outside of my building, one where the two lady cops stopped at guy carrying a paper bag of groceries in front of a brown door, and then another scene where the same two lady cops are sitting in a car talking and you can see the green garbage dumpsters in the background from some shots. It was fun to see, but it's amazing how much time goes into setting up and filming and how little time the place is actually on the screen!

Last night the CB and I went to a Mexican place for dinner and then I went to meet one of my clients around a new listing and I ended up having a couple pieces of thin crust pizza because... well... I couldn't her eat alone, right?! Oh... and between the Mexican place, the hour I spent at home in between, and being with my client I also had five glasses of wine. Ooops.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, I was hoping they would show more of your kitchen. I chuckled when the lady who let them in to your place said something like "you can't believe the shady people that come in here." :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought those 2 scenes were outside your place based on your description and the few pictures you've posted from outside. I didn't think the bookcases were yours since I could see a staircase in the back and it seems like your little sections are smaller and the wood is darker. I actually watched it again at work today. It's as close as I'll ever get to knowing something "famous". :bigsmile: Was that your wine?

You were very continental last night and naturally had to wash everything down with wine. If I am not mistaken yesterday was drink a glass of wine day or something silly like that.

We had 50-60 degree temperatures again today but holy wind gusts batman. Lots of semis and trailer are littering the road side on their sides. Work was better than it's been all week so that was nice. My boss even let us all leave 30 minutes early. I was picking up window tacos and spent that 30 minutes in line.

Not much exciting planned for the weekend. We are having dinner with my sister, BIL, nephew and his wife. My sister is bringing her bag of sapphire rough she's found in her tailings from Montana. I think that is what they are called.

I need a haircut and my car needs washed. I hope to get those things accomplished this weekend as well.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I LOL'd at the "shady people coming in and out" comment too! And no, not my wine. When they showed up with their own wine I was like, geez guys, I could have saved you the hassle of bringing that over, I've got about six cases here in the house you're welcome to use!

Friday was CRAZY windy -- and I do mean CRAZY! I had to leave my office around 1 pm because my office building was swaying so badly I was seasick up here on the 56th floor. It was a mess in my complex too because roofing materials blew around like mad, including some 4' x 8' sheets of material coming down into the parking lot and onto some cars. So far I haven't heard of anyone's car getting damaged, thank god. Saturday was then 60+ degrees and sunny. And then yesterday was in the 30s and miserable. Welcome to Chicago!

I had a super busy real estate weekend working 12+ hours both days. I think I've got a buyer that's going to go under contract on a really awesome property though, so it's all worth it. Of course we're in a multiple bid situation (AGAIN!) but I'm pretty sure we can win this.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad the shady people comment made you chuckle as well. They should have left the wine for you - unless it was cheap crappy wine. Sorry to hear the wind was so awful on Friday. It's been awful here recently too. They recorded a 148 mph gust on Monarch Pass (somewhere in Colorado). We had a 78 mph gust here this weekend. We are getting snow again tonight. Boo. That is exciting about a really awesome property going under contract - I hope your client's bid wins. :appl:

I didn't do much this weekend except read. I finished one of the W.E.B. Griffin books. We had an astronomy meeting, met some family for supper in Colorado and I ran some errands including getting a haircut.

Marty made a sweet sour pineapple sauce with tenderloin and veggies for supper. His rice cooker wasn't done though so I had a piece of wheat bread with it. I have never been impressed with rice cookers. Marty seems to think they are great.

Have a great evening and wonderful day tomorrow.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I think the wine bottles were actually empty! As for rice cookers, I've never used one (just like I've never used much of any kitchen appliance... !) but when Bill lived in Japan the electrical situation was so dismal that at night when he was making dinner he would have to turn off the heat when the rice cooker was on or else having multiple things running simultaneously would blow the fuse, LOL.

Last night we had leftover butternut squash soup from Sunday and the CB made us some fish (salmon for me, some sort of white fish for him). I finished one of my library books that was about to expire and went to bed early. I was worn out from the weekend!

Today one of my coworkers and I are going to try to go down to the little gym in our building and just do 20 mins on the elliptical mid-afternoon. We'll see if that actually happens... !

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to say my client did actually get the property under contract yesterday -- yay!!!

All the people on the other side of the deal seem extremely reasonable to this point too, which is a bonus.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is awful using empty wine bottles as props. We could have “emptied” them for them in no time. Silly film industry. That is something about a rice cooker sucking up all the electricity when Bill was in Japan. I can’t imagine they require that much power. But what do I know? I get Marty to change out light bulbs for me. Woo hoo that your client’s offer was accepted. That’s a bonus everyone seems decent to deal with - hopefully everything goes smoothly through closing. Did you make it to the gym?

I swear I need to get up earlier. I quit reading my email when I get up so I think I have time to take a leisurely shower, take it slow getting dressed and I still wind up with 3 minutes to drink a glass of juice and get out the door. I hate to get up early though.

Another hectic day at work but the days are sure flying by. I started holding a daily meeting with my team to review issues or errors they found that day. I hope keeping issues out there and on their minds will help clean up some of those errors. You know no matter what I try they will think I am picking on them but I always continue to try.

My pregnant cleaning lady is coming to clean Friday then she is taking a break until after she has her baby this summer. She offered me a choice between her sister or her aunt to fill in for her. Her sister would clean on Saturday so I picked her. If Marty is traveling I won’t have to be late for work and come home during lunch to lock up the house. Good idea, I hope.

We had window food again for supper. Bad couple of weeks for meal planning.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I think it was more a matter of the electrical service being lousy than the rice cooker taking up too much power. Bill also told me it was so cold in the apartments that they would sell this thing that was like a giant heating pad and people would just sit around at night with it covering them. Sounds horrible!

Last night the CB made stir fry, which I wolfed down before going of to do a showing at 7 pm. I then stopped at Home Depot to replace a key lockbox I bought the other day (I was rushing and got the wrong kind) and forgot to get the extra keys made so I had to do that this morning on my way in. They're calling for snowmaggen here again. Who knows if we'll actually get any/much, but I really hope not because I have to meet a photographer at 9 am tomorrow to do the virtual tour for a property I'm putting on the market and it could make morning traffic a real mess...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the low power in Japan does sound awful but a giant heating pad sounds pretty awesome. I had a tweaked neck for awhile after college and went to a chiropractor for it and I loved the giant heating pads they used before they worked on you. I hope snomageddan doesn't unleash it's icy white fury all over your town and on the property you want to photograph. Of course it would make for pretty pictures from the outside. Just think we only have about 3 more months of this crap. Marty is really unhappy he can't play golf. He will probably head to Arizona in April to see his family and play golf. I am hoarding my days off until this summer for that 2 weeks from hell (aka staying for 2 weeks in a beach house with Marty's entire family).

I had an awful day at work. One of my employees sent a screen shot of our internally designed and developed application to an outside contact. Um we just had to take the online "Proprietary Information and Cyber-security" within the last 60 days. Then my boss's boss asked one of my employees to go do something at 11:30 and he didn't do it for over 2 hours so he got chewed out. Joy!

Marty and I went out for supper then stocked up on paper stuff at Sams Club.

It's getting closer to Friday.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results