shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite dog breed?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Funion|1454848071|3987990 said:
Pitties are the best! This is Porter, acting like a 75 lbs. blanket.

Oh Funion, your Porter makes me miss our Sadie Ann so much. She's been gone for..gosh, a little over 8 years. Smartest damn dog..but good golly did she use those brains to thwart me at every opportunity. We want to get another, but we've been putting it off for a long time. I've had her name picked out for like three years now.

kellyb727

Rough_Rock
Packrat
It is hard when you lose your little friend. I hope you find another one soon. What is the name you have picked out, if I can ask?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
kellyb727|1454866339|3988051 said:
Packrat
It is hard when you lose your little friend. I hope you find another one soon. What is the name you have picked out, if I can ask?

Thanks Kelly. It's mostly been me looking, and I don't want to get another one until we're all ready, no matter how hard they tug my heart strings in the meantime! I've decided on Ellery Maeve. JD gives me this: :rolleyes: but I love it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1454871874|3988068 said:
kellyb727|1454866339|3988051 said:
Packrat

Thanks Kelly. It's mostly been me looking, and I don't want to get another one until we're all ready, no matter how hard they tug my heart strings in the meantime! I've decided on Ellery Maeve. JD gives me this: :rolleyes: but I love it.

When you are ready, you will find the right dog. :))

((((Packrat))))

Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister who is a veterinarian always ends up rescuing white boxers because breeders have no use for them and put them down. :nono: :nono: :nono: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This is Harley. He died a few months ago. RIP Harley. You are missed dearest Harley and we love you very much. We know you are happily playing with Billy, Jesse, Butch, Buster, Cougar, Rocky, Tara and Apache and everyone else we love and miss at Rainbow Bridge.

gregalexaandharleysummer2015_0.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1454771584|3987693 said:
LoveLikeCrazy|1454770104|3987683 said:
Labrador Retrievers. I have had them my entire life. Specifically english labs. Meet Pippa and Theodore!

Theodore (1 year old)

Pippa (1 yr, 5 months old)

This reminds me about my boss at work, he had a stroke about 7 years ago and lost most of his vision. He was given a guide dog named Hailey, a gorgeous Golden Labrador that had the most quirky and beautiful personality. Unfortunately her kidneys failed and she was put down recently and he has a new black Labrador coming named Lester from the Guide Dogs association. I am keen to meet his new guide dog but I'm still saddened about Hailey, she has left a gaping big hole in the office that is bigger than the hole someone leaves when they move onto a new company. She'd walk around from desk to desk to 'check' on staff and clients would come into the office to discuss trivial stuff they could just simply made a phone call to discuss,

It's just not the same around here anymore :(sad[/quote

Back in the 80's the first dog my family got was a black lab. A rescue with some separation anxiety but once he realized he found his forever home the transformation was amazing. Really smart but wouldn't hurt a flea, and so attuned to people, especially people who were vulnerable (children, elderly). With everyone in the family, he had his own routine. In the morning he would fetch the paper for our Mom (never taught him, just figured it out from seeing us get the paper). He would roughhouse/play with my brother and go on adventure trips with him. I would take him on walks. When my Dad got home late at night he would stay by him while he had a late dinner. Never trained to be a service dog but for example when I walked him he instinctively knew even if he walked around a tree, to go around the same way to make sure the leash did not get tangled, and be aware of where I was never to trip me up.

But even all that wasn't enough. He figured out how to undo the latch and would regularly escape from our backyard to meet more people. He would invariably be found where there were groups of people; schools, construction site, old people's home, and make friends. We would go to pick him up, and the construction guy would be sharing his sandwich with him, or the kids miraculously found a tennis ball to throw for him (his favorite toy). Later when my older brother worked at a deaf blind center for youth, he would take him there once a week to spend time with the kids. Their faces would light up when Tyler came up to them. He was bigger than us. He wasn't just our dog. It wasn't until I had other dogs I realized how special he was.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results