shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Matt was having to shovel the driveway in layers. It's 3 cars wide and probably 3 cars long. He was about a third of the way finished ( not including the massive mound at the end due to the snow plow), when a guy on an ATV with a blade on the front pulled in to finish it. How awesome is that?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm cheering hard for your Broncos!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deegee|1453671198|3980820 said:
Marcy-I'm cheering hard for your Broncos!

Thanks. I am too. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, that is so nice of the guy in the ATV to shovel out the rest of your driveway. What a deal. One of our neighbors has a snow blower and always does our sidewalk. I know what you mean about getting stir crazy after being inside for 3 days. I get that way with long weekends. I really enjoyed the Harry Potter books. I’ve thought of reading them again.

Is your niece doing better? How is your mom doing?

Marty hasn’t totally decided if he wants to go back in to management. If he doesn’t get this job he’ll be working for someone else and he really likes his current boss. If he gets this job he would still report to the same guy. When Marty was looking for this job I pretty much said I wouldn’t move because of my parents. So any qualms I have about moving now I’ll kind of keep to myself because Marty was very supportive of me 4 1/2 years ago. I agree with you that if we did end up moving I would take my sweet time locking for some easy, part time job for spending money. I am glad you ended up being happy where you are and yay for 21 years together. This summer we’ll be married for 25 years. Denver is a cool place.

I returned my bands for evaluation at their request. My new EC is medium fluorescent so I bought a UV light to “see” it. While exploring what other pieces of jewelry I have might be fluorescent I discovered much to my surprise my bands had a few of them. Their website clearly stated their brand melee is not fluorescent. The website was immediately revised to negligible after a VP contacted me about my discovery. They wanted to check them with their UV lights and then replace those diamonds. I said no way no how are you ripping open my channel set or bezel set bands. I wasn’t going to send them in but Marty said I should so they can test them. They told me they ordered new UV lights that arrived the same day my bands did and yes they saw the same thing I did. I kind of think my small jewelry sampling of melee indicates they have some flaws in their filtering those diamonds out. My scattered band that has my diamond on it has a few fluorescent diamonds too but I didn’t send it in. They have been decent with me about it. I honestly can’t see any difference visibly so I’d rather leave the bands alone than try to replace the diamonds.

I am so excited! The Broncos are going to the Super Bowl.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday morning kids!

Deegee, what a happy doggie in all that snow! Sorry you were stranded for the weekend, but I see in true Dee fashion you were well stocked (we must be sisters!).

Curby, I'm sure Marty will make the right choice -- and it will be a choice because there's no doubt in my mind they will present this job to him on a silver platter! As for going back into management... UGH... god love him!

This weekend was a whole bunch of real estate! On Saturday I left the house at 9 am and returned at 6 pm. I did get to actually eat something around 3 so that was a bonus! Yesterday I had an inspection at 9:30 and then had to drive to one of the suburbs to meet one of my clients to write up an offer, which is now in a multi-bid situation (of course). We should hear back on that one this morning, so fingers crossed! And the people from Chicago PD just said they will be at my house starting at 9 am tomorrow to set up for Wednesday's shoot. Rut ro...!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annnnnnnd... my client won the bidding war! Now to get through the inspection... his parents (translation: mom) are pretty overbearing and there was an issue four years ago about the sump pump allowing a little water into the closet where it sits. The pump has since been replaced and there hasn't been any further issue, but I can see the 'rents freaking out over this.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thank you. I am sure Marty will make the right choice too. He is traveling this week but gets back on Wednesday so he’ll probably talk to his boss Thursday. That’s great your client won the bidding war - sorry to hear mom might be a problem. Those inspections made me nervous when they looked at our last house. We had to fix a few minor things and replace things like smoke detectors, bedroom carpets but not much else. Speaking of clients did you ever hear about the sellers who were trying to adopt that baby? I know that’s way outside of your realtor area of concern but I was just wondering. How cool Chicago PD is filming this week. Your home is a star.

Well I definitely have a cold. Worst part is a sore throat. Funny thing is I want ice cream which I know is horrible for sore throats. I’d like chicken noodle soup too but there is one big problem with that - chicken. Rats.

Marty left about 5 am. I was going to get up and say goodbye but the next thing I knew the door alarm was beeping and the garage door was closing. I just went back to sleep.

Marty got to Massachusetts tonight. They didn’t have much snow there.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I'm sorry to hear you have a cold. The CB has had two killer ones this year so far and I of course brought mine back from NY at the beginning of the year. So I say we're all done for the year--ha!

There are people from Chicago PD here right now putting floor protection down. When that's done in a few hours I think they will start bringing equipment in. I also had someone come through today to look at the place to do a pharmaceutical commercial. They are making a decision this afternoon so I'll know quickly, but I almost hope they don't pick my place because it's while I'm going to be in Aspen in a few weeks and the CB will be up fishing so I will have to find someone to be here that I trust. If it was with a production company that had been through before I wouldn't be quite so anal, but this is someone that's never shot here before. Oh well, I guess we'll see!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad you and CB are good for the year on colds now. I haven't had a cold for a few years now but I guess I am making up for it. I am not worse today but not better either. I must need a new sapphire to help me feel better. :lol: Tomorrow is the big day for the TV show filming. How exciting. If you need sometime to stay at your place while you are in Aspen and the CB is off fishing Deegee and I can meet there. Leave the wine out for us. :bigsmile:

Marty decided to apply for the other job. Good for him! He had a delicious chicken pot pie for supper today. He said it had to have at least 3000 calories. It looks like a very nice hotel. He flies home tomorrow.

I was both bored and busy at work today, I was waiting for next month's schedules to work on then Bam! I had lots of work to do. I stayed about 20 minutes to finish the schedule I was working on. I will be going in late tomorrow since I have to wait for our cleaning lady to show up. Yay I can sleep an extra 20 - 30 minutes. Of course I keep coughing and have to get up about every few hours but I can hope can't I?

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay I will be anxious to hear how the filming went today. I bet it drew a crowd.

Our cleaning lady came today so I slept in about 30 minutes. Woo hoo! I ran home at lunch to pay her and lock up and then picked up window food for supper. I hate to mess up the kitchen after the cleaning lady shines everything up.

We got the rest of our order from Chef’s catalog today. I ordered a set of utensils that I think the handles are too thick so I think I’ll put them up for the white elephant exchange at Christmas. I can pick up some other kitchen stuff and a mix or two and have an instant gift.

My friend delivered a PB cupcake for us tonight. Her 7 year old daughter brought them to the door and said it was reverse trick or treat. Neither of us were that impressed with them. They were basic chocolate cupcakes (and dry at that) with a peanut butter frosting. I am not much of a frosting fan so I scraped most of that off. This cupcake place opened last week and now I’ve tried 2 flavors. I don’t think I’ll go out of my way to buy from them again.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, the filming was utter chaos! The production was MUCH bigger than I thought and it took over the entire parking lot, which is NOT what was agreed to... Three of my neighbors complained, but many more thought it was the coolest thing ever. You can't please everyone, right? I ended up standing around outside for about six hours though and I was not dressed for it at all--damn near froze! My face today is bright pink from the cold/wind! The cleaning crew is there now, and the production people have to bring a locksmith back later because somehow my front door handle got messed up in the filming and now it won't engage. Other than that though, everyone was good!

Today I cam into my office because I figured there was no point in me sitting around at home watching people clean. ;-) I'm meeting my best friend for lunch later and I'm thinking SOUP!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey -- I think this is my 10,000 post!!!

I started here as Dee Jay (no asterisk) but I got locked out one time when I changed my password and had to create a new identity to come back on the board. I had 240 posts as Dee Jay, so this makes 10K.

Wow! I never imagined back in December 2005 when I came here to ask some questions that I would STILL be here 10+ years later!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, congratulations on reaching 10,000 posts. I had no idea I’d stick around here so long myself. But here we are! It sounds like it was quite a production to film there yesterday. You definitely can’t believe everyone all the time. I would think it was cool to see. That is too bad you got so cold standing outside. I hope the locksmith got your lock fixed. Yay for coming home to a clean house today.

My day zipped by. I was watching the clock from about 5 am on so I got up early. I went to work early since I had errands to run during lunch. My rings were at FedEx to pick up and then I met a friend for lunch. She’s all worried we are going to move. It’s nice to know she’d miss me.

Marty cooked some little steaks on the grill for supper (woo hoo fewer dishes) and made rice and veggies to go with it.

We’ve got another storm coming Sunday. Yay more snow.

Have a great evening.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I often wake up when the CB gets up at 5, and I'm *kind of awake* until he leaves around 5:30... and then I fall in and out of sleep until round 8:00 when I actually get up. I keep promising my self I will just Get The Hell Up rather than drifting on the edge of sleep all that time because then I feel like I've been drugged when I finally do get up!

The cleaning people came through yesterday and the house looks great! They even did the bookshelves, which is crazy because they didn't go anywhere NEAR the bookshelves, but who am I to complain?! And the locksmith came and fixed the door... I hope. I'm still a little nervous so I put a key on the outside window sill by our door. The window sill is more than 6' off the ground so I don't think anyone just walking by could see it, but I should really find a better hiding place.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, ugh I hate that in the morning. Marty gets up sometimes at 4 or 4:30 and I do the same thing. It’s like you kind of sleep but not. The guys should be more consider of us getting our beauty rest. That is fabulous the cleaning crew even cleaned your bookshelves. Such a deal. Um I am paranoid so I’d definitely not leave your key on the window sill. I hope your lock worked fine when you got home.

My cousin gave me a call about 4 pm today. He was in town and wanted to stop by to say hi. He came over and visited with Marty until I got home then we all went to supper. It was nice to see him.

I took an early lunch today - after I realized my debit card was expiring on Sunday. Apparently they mailed my replacement card to the address we moved away from over 20 years ago. WTH? So they had to replace my card and give me a new card number. The lady I talked to was at the reception desk and she was baking cookies in little toaster ovens. I naturally took a hot cookie with me on the way out the door.

Not much going on this weekend. Snow is moving in again on Sunday. Boo.

Marty was going to talk to his boss this morning about that job but his boss was out sick today.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We got up about 7 and after we got around we went out for breakfast then did some shopping at Lowes, Simply Mac and Bed, Bath and Beyond. Marty even got me to go in to Lowes with him (good diamond light). We were looking at stools help me get in to the truck, a less bright night light and a filter for our fridge.

I scrubbed up some more of the spilled OJ in the garage. It is so cold out there nothing works very well and it’s way too cold to dig out the hose and wash out the garage. Marty used paper towels when it happened and got a lot of it but it went everywhere.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Flakes everywhere - and piling up in to big white fluffy piles of snow. Yippee!!

No much exciting going on in M&M land. Marty keeps telling me today he doesn't like me right now. He caught my cold. Every time he sneezes I say "I love you honey". He's in the man cave playing Fallout.

I went to the store this morning before 9 - woo hoo - quick in and out grocery trip. I made us homemade soup and cornbread muffins for lunch.

I got the laundry done and made the newsletter for my club for February. I was productive today. :appl:

I hope everyone had a great weekend.
Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I see your post about cleaning up the OJ but I don't see one about what happened? Was it a glass bottle that got dropped in the garage or something like that? And yes, you had a very productive few days!

This weekend was busy busy busy! I took clients to see four things Saturday morning and wrote and offer on one of them, took an investor to see seven things in the afternoon, had the morning offer come together so I had to run around with paperwork on that, and then we met a friend for dinner. It's Chicago Restaurant Week and we went to a place we've been talking about for a while but never gone to. Yesterday I had an inspection in the morning and then the CB and I swapped out two of my other rugs for the new shag ones, we took the shag rug I decided not to keep back to Costco, along with the floor mopping robot, and then came home, made pot pies for dinner, and spent the night lounging on the couches. Whew--I was tired by then!

My episode of Chicago PD airs on Feb. 17 BTW. (Can't remember if I told you that already or not.) The CB is trying to figure out how to get a TV set up in my house so we can have all the neighbors over to watch it together. Party at my house!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Marty picked up groceries in his pickup the other day and put them on the floor in the back of his extended cab. When he opened the door to get the groceries out the big jug of OJ fell out and smashed all over the garage floor. What a mess! It was plastic but the entire bottom blew off when it hit.

You had a really busy weekend. It sounds like you are doing well with some listings. Woo hoo! Tell me more about Chicago Restaurant week. Denver is doing that and they have offers from some really nice restaurants where you get a certain meal for a very reasonable amount. Yay for returning things you don’t want to Costco. They have a very generous return policy. The Chicago PD episode will be airing soon. I will definitely have to watch it.

Silly me decided to drive to work today. It was icy, icy and did I mention icy? I didn’t have any trouble but I was sure nervous. Coming home was even more fun. Drifts everywhere and still lots of ice. Marty had to dig out the driveway so I could get in to the garage. Our front porch is snowed in completely. It is going to snow through about noon tomorrow. I am having Marty take me in to work in the morning. I have no idea how much snow we’ve had because it is coming down sideways and drifting.

I was pretty bored at work today. Monday is my lightest work load and my boss and his boss left for a business trip (if they ever made it on the plane out of DIA I don’t know) so I watched TV for awhile. I enjoyed one of my favorite movies - Gross Pointe Blank. Then I did my afternoon reports.

Have a great week.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, for Chicago Restaurant Week (which used to last a WEEK, but now runs much longer, LOL) places do a lunch menu for $22 (not sure what all is involved in that because I've never done CRW for lunch) or dinner for $33 or $44 depending on how expensive the place is to begin with. You typically get appetizer, entrée, dessert for that price, but the place we went to last night you actually got four courses so maybe that also plays into the $33 vs. $44 price. It really is a deal and it inspires us to try new places because otherwise we are one trick ponies when it comes to eating out!

We were up so late (for us!) last night on a weekday -- I think it was 11, or close to it, by the time we went to bed. I slept like a rock! The weather's kind of crappy here today; not raining, but just on the edge. I put my hood up on the walk work.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

Dee Jay, the Denver restaurant week sounds very similar. There were alot of high end restaurants on the list and they all had really good deals. You could pick from a few choices for entre, salad, side, maybe dessert or appetizer, select wines at special discount, etc. If we lived in Denver we'd definitely partake in trying some new restaurants. Sounds fun! I am glad you slept well. Marty stayed up late playing Fallout 4 so I sent them the snoring smiley face emoticon and he finally came upstairs. Which woke me up. Then I couldn't fall back asleep. Then I woke up about 5:15 and tried to go back to sleep but failed. Rats. I'll try harder tonight.

We ended up with almost 13" of snow and lots and lots of drifts. No way no how was I getting out of my garage of down my street. I woke up the King of the Killer Rabbits and said I need a ride to work. His truck made it just fine. He is picking me up at 5 and then we'll grab take out from Olive Garden on the way home. Tomorrow won't be much better because we won't be above freezing until Thursday and that will be just barely. The roads are just flat icy.

I didn't bring a lot to work with me today and only wore bands. I am liking my .55 ctw band so I might have to get a platinum diamond band to wear on days I want to leave my ering at home. Maybe a PC ACA band would be nice and different than anything I have. Makes my hand look smaller and my finger skinnier.

Take care. Remember in 3 1/2 months I hopefully won't be complaining about snow and ice anymore. Sometime for me to look forward to.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I was tired last night so I feel asleep around 10. I was reading "Before I Go To Sleep" (and skip this part if you already read it or saw the movie with Nicole Kidman in it) about a woman who has a rare form of amnesia so every morning when she wakes up it's a whole new world for her because she can't remember anything before that. She starts writing in a journal to help her remember things from day to day. There's obviously a lot more to it than that, but anyway it is an interesting story. When I woke up around 1:40 to go to the bathroom I was AWAKE so decided to read some more... well two hours and an hundred pages later I finished it -- ha! This being awake in the middle of the night thing has to stop!

Today I have a zillion things that I'm going to get done. I've started on a few already... but the list is long... !

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Total score! I just found a half eaten box of Junior Mints in my desk! I bought these last week and somehow wrangled the willpower to tape it shut and put the rest away. Woo hoo! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, woo hoo for putting up your junior mints. I just had a Russell Stover mint pattie. Good choice after my cheese ravioli lunch. I did see that move with Nicole Kidman. I bet the book would be good. Yes definitely quit waking up in the middle of the night. You and Marty both seem to be suffering from that. Did you get your zillion things done today?

I drove in to work myself today. The snow and drifts for the first 2 blocks got my attention but I made it through okay and didn't hit any curbs. Ha! The main roads were still icy but I took it slow. We are going to have ground blizzards for 2 days though with high wind. Hurry up June 1st. Of course then miller moths will be out and I hate them worse than snow and ice.

Woo hoo Marty is grocery shopping for us today. What a guy.

Have a great day!
Go Broncos!
Curby.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

One day closer to Friday. Woo hoo! We had sunshine here today. It's still cold though. Tomorrow we are getting above freezing. The wind really kicked up ground blizzards today so the icy streets were lots of fun. As a matter of fact when I went to lunch I became slidy instead of curby and slid right out in to the street. Luckily no one was coming. Oops.

Marty made tacos for us for supper. Tomorrow is crock pot roast day.

3 more days until the Super Bowl. Go Broncos!

Have a great evening and Friday.

Marcy / Curby / Slidy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby/Slidy (ha!), my middle of the night adventure included ordering a new ink cartridge off of Amazon... I knew my other one was low and yesterday it finally gave out when my best friend came over so I could do her taxes and was unable to print out a copy for her. Of course. I had an extra cartridge that I had gotten ages ago, just in case, and when I tried to put it in it didn't fit. I was SUPER mad because I checked -- and double checked and TRIPLE checked! -- that it was for my printer when I ordered it and then the damn thing didn't work. Well for $20 I'm not going to dig up the receipt from however many months ago and send it back so I just threw it out and ordered another one OF THE EXACT SAME NUMBER... at 2 am... God bless the middle of the night internet!

Today I have Nothing. To. Do. :-o Nothing required anyway; but I'm going to manufacture a list of things... because you know Dee can't sit still for 2 hot seconds, ha ha!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is so frustrating when the ink cartridges don’t fit. That reminds me I need to get the cartridge numbers for our laser printer in my phone. I also hate when you go to buy replacement cartridges and the number you are looking for has changed so you go through a list of this replaces xxx. It is great we can shop 24 hours a day. I am confident you came up with things to do today. I was looking at our taxes last night. I tried H&R blocks online app first and had a few weird things so thought I’d go check Turbo Tax. Holy Cow have they dumbed that down. I might just turn our stuff in to the accountant who did our taxes last year. We don’t have much really W2’s, 1099’s, mortgage interest, taxes on the new pickup, sales tax on our license plates and that’s about it.

We got 2 packages delivered today. I found a fold up heavy duty step stool for the pickup. I am short and need that extra step to get in the truck. Since it folds up it won’t be in the way in the back of the truck. I also got some teddy bear thank you cards, a lunch bag that has the coolant in the bag so you just freeze it and don’t need to include ice packs. I bought Marty a Redskins thermal cup for Valentine’s day. I am going to put some York peppermint patties in it.

No sliding through intersections today. This morning I was more cautious on the icy spots and coming home most of the ice was gone. Now as for the 10” of snow on the side streets it’s still there. Yay for German engineering getting me through that.

My team is taking on 2 more big tasks - so I’ll need more employees and holy cow we will be busy. Gives me new things to learn. I’ll enjoy doing something different.

We had crock pot roast for supper and have tons of leftovers. I am making beef stroganoff out of some of it this weekend and Marty might make us some BBQ sauce for sandwiches.

Not much planned for this weekend. We are going to make a menu for the week and then go shopping. Marty is getting organized being bored and working from home.

I just rented Everest. It looks pretty good but it’s making me cold watching it.

Have a great weekend. Go Broncos!

Marcy / Curby / Slidy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Happy Saturday. It was sunny here and above freezing but the wind is still causing ground blizzards. We had breakfast first thing this morning then went to the grocery store I got my laundry finished so I can be nervous all day tomorrow until the Super Bowl starts.

I watched Everest again and payed more attention this time and then rented Sicario to watch. Neither of them are happy feel good movies but they were both pretty good.

I ran through my taxes in HR Block again. I guess I'll just submit them. It says I have a medium chance for an audit. Oh oh. WTH? I don't have anything weird or special on them.

Go Broncos!

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Super Bowl Sunday! :wavey:

I slept in until about 8. Marty was starving when I got out of the shower. Poor guy. I made Marcy McMuffins for breakfast and fixed each of us a bowl of fruit. We decided to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to look for a pizza stone. We found that and lots more. We got one of those paddle boards for putting pizza in the oven and of course to pull it back out. We got a new electric skillet, 2 thermal cups (one Broncos and one Redskins), jewelry cleaner, new pad for our Bona mop and a new microwave popcorn popper. I plan on firing that up during halftime.

I got Valentine’s cards ready to send out to our families, renewed our membership to the local botanic gardens and went out to mail all of those things. Our local mom and pop jewelry store has everything today 50 - 70% off so I stopped in there to look. They have some neat little 5 stone sapphire or ruby rings with round and princess cut stones bezel set but I didn’t like the feel of it on my finger and 1/2 price was $1200 for small stones - um no thank you. They had a very pretty pear diamond solitaire pendant probably about 1 carat in size but it was obviously a warm stone. They were so busy there wasn’t anyone around to show that to me. Now I want a pear solitaire pendant but in colorless. I am such a snob. I found a crystal Snoopy with a party hat and birthday cake. I want that of course so I mentioned it to Marty.

I washed all of our new things from the store. Marty made us fabulous pizza on the new pizza stone and I brought home Coldstone ice cream after visiting the jewelry store. I am eating well and the super bowl hasn’t started yet.

I have managed to keep myself busy all day but now I have less than a half hour before kickoff and I am nervous.

Go Broncos!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee! The Broncos won. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results