shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White Asscher Mint Garnet Goodness!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1401832891|3685909 said:
I just had to look again :lickout: I think this is the most beautiful stone I've ever seen! Swooning.....

pregcurious|1401834830|3685928 said:
Thanks, endless_summer.

Had to come back to look at your beauty!

Woofmama & Pregcurious - you guys are unbelievably kind - thank you so much!!!

caf|1401843034|3685995 said:
Wow - that is an amazing stone.

Caf - thank you! I'm really thrilled that it was such a success, as I imagine all JW projects are :cheeky:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
NKOTB|1401850812|3686068 said:
Well, since you love the word, and I love using it, and it very much fits in this situation, that stone is AMAZEBALLS!!!!!! I really love it. I think tapered baguettes on either side would look stunning, but really…it would be pretty hard to make that stone look bad. And I know what you mean on the garnet thing. I'm a bit of a convert myself. ;-)

Thank you NKOTB!!! I'm glad you like the setting idea, but I totally agree with you - I'd think I'd be pretty safe on all counts regardless of the setting - i feel like it's a fool-proof project :) And, yeah - garnets - who knew?!?! I had read that they had a higher refractive index than other CS's - I just had no idea what that translated into!

JewelFreak|1401882679|3686246 said:
Mamma mia!!!! :cheeky: :love: :love:

You totally just made me laugh - literally, laugh out loud :D Thank you!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The more I look at this thread and the pics, the more indecisive I am about what to do with my yet-to-be-cut Danburite.

Jeff reckons it will be about 17mm as a round, however, I am torn whether to have it cut as a round or a square step cut for a pendant. :confused: May start a new thread so as not to hijack this one.

DK :))

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dk168|1401884634|3686254 said:
The more I look at this thread and the pics, the more indecisive I am about what to do with my yet-to-be-cut Danburite.

Jeff reckons it will be about 17mm as a round, however, I am torn whether to have it cut as a round or a square step cut for a pendant. :confused: May start a new thread so as not to hijack this one.

I think you can't go wrong no matter what you choose! The one thing to think about for a step cut pendant is that you may catch some extra tilt window when you lean over to wash your hands and whatnot, but that's a relatively secondary consideration in my mind - basically, if Jeff cuts it, it'll be gorgeous ;-)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Better than I could possibly have hoped for - that is a masterpiece. Truly one of the most beautiful stones I have seen on PS. All planets lined up for this one, and it is stunning! Another vote for 5-stone and for loving it forever. :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, my ring project with an Indicolite Tourmaline mentioned at the start of the thread has gone out of the window, along with the intended recipient of the ring, nevermind. :(sad

Good job Jeff has not started cutting the stone, and allowed me to transfer the deposit to another stone, a Rubellite Tourmaline, and the rough should yield a round stone about 12mm for my pendant project, thank you Jeff! :appl: It will be my first and definitely not the last Jeff White's stone!

Apology for digressing. :oops:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1401901058|3686426 said:
Better than I could possibly have hoped for - that is a masterpiece. Truly one of the most beautiful stones I have seen on PS. All planets lined up for this one, and it is stunning! Another vote for 5-stone and for loving it forever. :))

Minous, thank you - I really appreciate your kind words and how supportive you've been of this project (and, all of the times that I've asked for help or had something to share). You always share an honest and measured opinion, which makes your very positive reaction mean all that much more. All of the planets really did line up for this stone - I still can't believe Jeff had even managed to hold onto the rough over the years, let alone cut such a beautiful piece, and I definitely can't see myself ever parting ways with it :)

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dk168|1401901979|3686440 said:
BTW, my ring project with an Indicolite Tourmaline mentioned at the start of the thread has gone out of the window, along with the intended recipient of the ring, nevermind. :(sad

Good job Jeff has not started cutting the stone, and allowed me to transfer the deposit to another stone, a Rubellite Tourmaline, and the rough should yield a round stone about 12mm for my pendant project, thank you Jeff! :appl: It will be my first and definitely not the last Jeff White's stone!

Apology for digressing. :oops:

DK, I'm sorry that to hear that things didn't work out with your gentleman friend, but I am glad that Jeff allowed you to move the deposit - I have no doubt that the rubellite will be a stunner. It's not a digression at all, and all of us will be excited to see your new piece once it's cut too!

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Hi Endless,

What a beautiful stone! Little bit late to the party but love the shell picture and the sun light shots. Then into indirect lighting and the glow! Gorgeous steps, beautiful clarity, and a gem of a garnet!

Congrats :appl:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
RTFrog|1402071505|3687882 said:
Hi Endless,

What a beautiful stone! Little bit late to the party but love the shell picture and the sun light shots. Then into indirect lighting and the glow! Gorgeous steps, beautiful clarity, and a gem of a garnet!

Congrats :appl:

Thank you sooooo very much RTFrong!!! You're so not late to the party - I really appreciate your kind thoughts, and I'm really thrilled that you liked the pics - yours are always so beautiful and just perfect in every way! One of these days, I will get a real camera ;-)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
This is the most beautiful stone!! Holy cow! I am beyond jealous. :)

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1402370496|3689904 said:
This is the most beautiful stone!! Holy cow! I am beyond jealous. :)

Thank you so much Rosebloom - I really appreciate it!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that looks amazing!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Pregcurious - It would have absolutely never been possible without you guys!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A masterpiece, pure and simple.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Minous - you were so supportive of the project at every step of the way - I really appreciate it!

S

SparkliesLuver

Oh. My. Drooooooooooooool. That's so gorgeous!!!! :love: :appl: :lickout: I must go look through your pictures again...

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I don't even have words. Just amazing! Lovely and spectacular!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1454676306|3987131 said:
Oh. My. Drooooooooooooool. That's so gorgeous!!!! :love: :appl: :lickout: I must go look through your pictures again...

deskjockey|1454682600|3987167 said:

SparkliesLuver & Deskjockey - thank you so, so much!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

exactly! LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1454690473|3987228 said:

exactly! LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!

Thank you sooooooo very much, Lovedogs! I just added a boatload of new close-ups, better fire shots, and other fun pics on the second page :)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-14ct-jeff-white-asscher-mint-garnet-set-as-a-five-stone.219509/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-14ct-jeff-white-asscher-mint-garnet-set-as-a-five-stone.219509/page-2[/URL]

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't a member when this started but so glad you waited to get it set so I could see, er STARE at, it :love: The total package is perfection.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular, in every way. :cheeky: :love: :drool: :love: Congratulations!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1454723652|3987483 said:
I wasn't a member when this started but so glad you waited to get it set so I could see, er STARE at, it :love: The total package is perfection.

Thank you, Lilmosun!!! I'm really glad both TL & Minous suggested going with a five stone - I wanted to when I had the stone in hand, but hearing it from them really solidified the idea for me (and, got me convincing myself that perhaps it would all fit across my finger!). Everything really came together better than I could have hoped!

apacherose|1454730118|3987553 said:
Spectacular, in every way. :cheeky: :love: :drool: :love: Congratulations!

Thank you, Apacherose - this is a ring that I will treasure for a very, very long time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results