shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged!! 3.86ct Leon Mege Solitaire!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the clean simplicity of your amazing ring!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leon's solitaire settings are amazing. Congratulations! You must be thrilled!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing this beautiful ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring!!!

(Just so you know, in regard to wedding bands, there have been people here who had problems with his very thin shanks especially with pave (they can bend to an oval shape or lose stones). Most of the high end ringmakers recommend 1.8-2mm minimum for a pave wedding band or e-ring shank.)

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would have LM making the matching band if you do a traditional plain band or a band with stones, which he will likely have an opinion on what will work well.

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and that is a gorgeous ring!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, classy & elegant :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this ring--it is so classy and elegant! And puts all of the attention on that incredible center stone! :love: I agree that a pave band would be an ideal match, but make sure to go slightly wider to avoid durability issues (2mm+ is best from what I've seen/heard).

Congratulations and wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!

kitkat812

Rough_Rock
That's what I've heard as well, with the 2mm band and stones. However Leon uses some kind of platinum blend that's harder than mass production/cast blends. He has an article on his website about different metal hardness grading. All metals are a blend. It's part of why his stuff costs so much more. That and being hand forged. But it makes it much harder and less prone to bending than standard platinum or gold. I'll have to ask him how much added durability an extra .2mm or so would add. I'd definitely wear it every day, so if it makes a big difference, I don't think aesthetically it would be that big of a sacrifice. Ideal would have them all be exactly the same diameter though. I think I also want a plain band as well to mix it up. Oh boy! So much fun to be had

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful diamond and gorgeous ring - it has great finger coverage! Congrats!

Related to some of LM's rings bending, I have an LM cushion solitaire with a 1.6mm shank width. I've had it about 8 months and it's still circular (not bent or oval) but I remove my ring when I get home to keep it pristine.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Elegant and very sophisticated! :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring and such a large stone!

kitkat812

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Thanks so much to everyone! I'm so glad you guys think it's elegant and sophisticated! That's what I was hoping for. It's a little flashy, but I'm hoping I get used to it.

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
Drop Dead Gorgeous !

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kitkat812|1454560695|3986645 said:
Thank you! Thanks so much to everyone! I'm so glad you guys think it's elegant and sophisticated! That's what I was hoping for. It's a little flashy, but I'm hoping I get used to it.

kitkat, it is absolutely PERFECT. Truly. :appl:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Did I miss the dimensions?? It's got some great coverage!

kitkat812

Rough_Rock
Ok finally got the fiance to email it to me. It's 10.27mm X 8.30mm

kitkat812

Rough_Rock
I wore it under spotlights a few days ago trying on wedding dresses and it was sparkling like crazy. I love it.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations! :appl: :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is very beautiful! :appl: It looks so lovely on you! Congratulations to both of you on your engagement! :clap:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I can't over this one. It's perfect. and I'm not normally a radiant lover, but i'm stunned by this. The simplicity, the proportions on your hand, the great prongs. just WOW.

kitkat812

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! It is certainly more beautiful in person, I'm a very lucky girl!

Now I'm trying to decide if I don't get a wedding band exactly the same diameter as the solitaire band, how much bigger can I go before it's noticeable? Like if the solitaire is 1.6mm will a 1.8mm band be noticeably wider? What about 2mm? I want them to look visually the same.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any more photos?? :naughty:

You should try on different sizes and see what you like. Go to a jewellery store and take more pics for us to judge ;-)

McGinnis

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a lucky lady you are :)
You're definitely the one that the girls will be jealous of :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results