shape
carat
color
clarity

Least Favorite Household Chore

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1453875047|3982213 said:
2. My newest kitty is terrified of the vacuum. She was raised in a Petsmart cage so the entire 'house' thing is new to her.

Sorry to threadjack, but newest kitty? :appl: :love: When did you get a new kitty? I need details, woman!

...back to your regularly scheduled programming...

I detest cleaning the floors - sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, etc. It hurts my back and with 2 long haired cats and mostly hardwood floors the dust bunnies are out of control. Luckily, usually DH will do that chore. I also hate cleaning the shower because it also hurts my back unless I'm actually standing IN the tub doing it.

I also hate dusting. Again, we have 2 long haired cats and lots of shelves in our house. Enough said.

I've also been known to do laundry and let it sit in the basket for days on end...I don't mind putting it in the washer or dryer, but the thought of folding it, hanging it up and putting it in the dresser just seems so dumb since I usually end up wearing most of the same clothes within a few days.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1453912950|3982374 said:
I hate vacuuming. Our dogs just spew hair off their bodies continuously, and it gets tangled in chair feet, meaning I have to pick it off each chair leg. It triples vacuum time. :rolleyes:

Ugh...yes! the feet of our barstools (we have 8) have those floor protectors on them (we have hardwoods) and the cat hair gets stuck to them and tangled up like nobody's business. I must have spent a good 30 minutes this weekend pulling out every chair and picking it off of all 32 chair legs! :roll:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes the issue pertains to time, energy, appreciation and a sense of balance, rather than the specific activity.

For those of you at a very busy stage of life, it can seem like a never-ending, thankless job to keep the house going.
Hang in there. It gets better.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1453935697|3982628 said:
2. My newest kitty is terrified of the vacuum. She was raised in a Petsmart cage so the entire 'house' thing is new to her.

Sorry to threadjack, but newest kitty? :appl: :love: When did you get a new kitty? I need details, woman!

A year ago actually. Almost exactly. This is my Penny. She's a spazz (excuse the threadjack). Named for her copper eyes. :wavey:

img_20150722_0.jpg

img_20150812_1.jpg

11536758_10205666851102547_8879147069827190556_1.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cleaning windows. I suck at it and they are always streaky. Hate the panes too. Cleaning the crystal chandelier is up there too.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My least favorite chore is dusting. I make my kids do it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We hired a cleaning service to clean our house every 2 weeks. We do the in between/daily stuff, but it helps us so much and it's worth every penny. Missy, my husband and I used to argue about who should do what around the house. My husband does a lot but cleaning isn't one of his strengths. I used to get so aggrevated. Now that we've hired a service, we're able to divide up other tasks fairly evenly, and we've gotten along beautifully. :bigsmile:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Inspired by all these household/chores threads, I made a chore chart! It's kind of childish, but I assigned a value for each chore and set up a weekly chart for my husband and me to write in what we did each day. We add up our winnings and get to put them toward future fun purchases -- gems and jewelry for me, and my husband has his own hobbies that a wife wouldn't understand. :rolleyes: My husband is very competitive, so he LOVES this new system and has been doing all sorts of things cheerfully, including flossing more often, picking up dog doo in the yard, doing the dishes, and exercising like a madman! He told me last week, "Anything you want me to do, just put it on the chart." :lol:

Thought I would share because we're having a lot of fun with it. Maybe it would work on some of your DH's, too! ;))

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Bathroom. All of it, toilets, showers, etc. Just so gross. Teenage boys are so messy! Ewwww. And of course I sometimes delegate to my teens to clean but they seem to be blind to the grossness and don't do a great job.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blingbunny10|1454371454|3985356 said:
Inspired by all these household/chores threads, I made a chore chart! It's kind of childish, but I assigned a value for each chore and set up a weekly chart for my husband and me to write in what we did each day. We add up our winnings and get to put them toward future fun purchases -- gems and jewelry for me, and my husband has his own hobbies that a wife wouldn't understand. :rolleyes: My husband is very competitive, so he LOVES this new system and has been doing all sorts of things cheerfully, including flossing more often, picking up dog doo in the yard, doing the dishes, and exercising like a madman! He told me last week, "Anything you want me to do, just put it on the chart." :lol:

Thought I would share because we're having a lot of fun with it. Maybe it would work on some of your DH's, too! ;))

Great idea!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1453945934|3982714 said:

A year ago actually. Almost exactly. This is my Penny. She's a spazz (excuse the threadjack). Named for her copper eyes. :wavey:

Oh, she's precious!!!! I think I may remember something about this...but I'm old and forgetful, so can't be sure. Regardless, what a beauty! Congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1454379802|3985426 said:
Gypsy|1453945934|3982714 said:

Oh, she's precious!!!! I think I may remember something about this...but I'm old and forgetful, so can't be sure. Regardless, what a beauty! Congrats!

OMG Penny is a real beauty. LOVE her and her gorgeous eyes. :love: Oh don't I wish I could reach through the screen and hug and kiss all the furbabies on PS. Penny is just delicious. Gypsy, thanks for posting her pic here. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results