shape
carat
color
clarity

More Than 200 Boys in Catholic Church Choir Abused

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
hay joe|1452462100|3973812 said:
"I am a Catholic." means that is the first thing I am.

"Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain". I was taught and believe that The Lord's name shall be used in a respectful and truthful manner. That means (in this case) if you claim to be a man of God you must conduct yourself as such, if not The LORD will hold you accountable for your actions. (and so should man)

"I am a Catholic." means I will always be a Catholic.

My comments were not directed toward other people who had posted here. My comments were directed toward the accused. If anyone is suggesting that I feel that a molester should be protected for any reason then they don't know me at all. Nor do I feel the need to study to attack any religion or atheists.

I have a bad case of faith.

Thanks for explaining this to me. And thank you for taking my question with sincerity. :)

Q

Queenie60

AGBF|1452477398|3973941 said:
Tacori E-ring|1452476789|3973935 said:
AGBF|1452476099|3973926 said:
purplesparklies|1452473480|3973904 said:
^^^ Ah, but without the posts aimed at bashing Catholics and the posts aimed at bashing those who are considered to be "pro gun" there would be no dead horses to beat. Some seemingly never tire of the opportunity to stand atop their soapbox.

You appear to be alleging that only rabble rousers and troublemakers discuss child abuse and gun control.

I agree. I am anti-child abuse not anti-Catholic. I also appreciate I only need to participate in threads that interest me. If I am insulted or bored, I just don't click on the thread. Free will is a beautiful thing.

I will reiterate here that I am anti-child abuse, but not anti-Catholic. I did not start this thread to criticize Catholicism. I did not start it to discuss religion. I started it to discuss an issue that was front page news.

AGBF

Thank you Deb - I am Catholic and have been all of my life. I took no offense at all to your original post nor do I hold it agains you. I certainly understand that you simply posted to discuss front page news. No worries on my end. :wavey:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY-F5JoHoho

Conspiracy of silence is a great banned doc that discusses issues that most don't care to think about

And this is a famous actor saying that the number 1 problem in hollywood is pedifila (Corey feldman)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmjp81ifzzc

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31637320

There are paedophile in high places all over the world, huge rings of circles with snuff films that the kids who testify disappear, evidence disappears/etc. Cops, teachers, people your supposed to be able to trust such as preaches/coaches (that football coach jerry sanduskey-yeah he had access to tons and tons of boys, hosted big dinners with politicians with boys from homes-I can tell you he wasn't the only one but he was the one who got to take the wrap for it all).

I've spent way to much time researching these issues and the truth is most of you guys don't want to know what's really going on. You don't. The horrors-the lies piled on top of lies hidden in plain sight. Yeah. Needless to say the truth is out there and these 200 boys are just the tip of the iceburg. There's a special place in hell for those who harm the innocent like this, and the damage they carry for life isn't something I'd wish on my worst enemy.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember when JD was at the Academy, they had to add an extra couple weeks to his time there b/c they extended the time they spent on things w/kids (abuse, molestation, trafficking etc) b/c it's SO horribly prevalent. I remember him coming home those weekends and not wanting the kids to be out of his sight. He didn't want to discuss any of it w/me, "you don't want to know", but he said the level of coverups and by the people you would never expect, and how *close* these things are, would make your head spin and make you sick to your stomach. We've been in stores before and we've left after he pointed people out to me so I'd know what they look like..men who have raped their babies. And I'm meaning *exactly* that. Mothers who look the other way. He has told me many times he feels like a failure when he sees these people on the streets, but he just tries to see what he can arrest them for again to hopefully get them away from everyone. When he comes home and says "Well, those kids are safe for a few days at least" that makes me want to scream and stab my own ears so I don't have to hear things like that.

We have a "jail" for people like that here in our town. Sadly. We were *promised* they would NEVER be released and there was NO chance of them being out. Wellllll we all know how that goes, don't we? They're "integrated" back into society b/c "they have rights too". People who have done things that you couldn't even possibly imagine. When JD first got hired he had to go and spend some time up there and he came home and said he never knew it was possible to exercise that level of willpower to not attack someone. The people there were talking to him..telling him in great detail what they'd done and what they'd like to do if given the chance. "Do you have kids? Do you have a daughter? Let me tell you what I'd do to your daughter..let me tell you how much fun I'd have with your son.." And they'd laaaauuugh and laugh.

There should be NO mercy, NO leniency, NOTHING, for people like that. EVER. There are vile and wretched people in this world and they are much closer than people realize/understand.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posters in this thread who have reasoned that evil goes on everywhere, in all walks of life, are correct. I'm an Anglican and there was a big case of sex abuse in the church here a while ago, by a very senior figure. So Ellen is right that it goes on and you just don't know about it at the time. And perhaps I'm wrong, but I think people don't generally associate abuse scandals with the Anglican church, which I think has a reputation for being quite gentle and moderate. (At least, that how I've always experienced it; perhaps it doesn't seem so to others.)

There will always be people who abuse their power terribly, whether in big business, finance, church, schools, and any other institution you can think of.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Ok everyone, we try to give a little leeway when something religious is also current affairs, but the many reports indicate that users can't handle it respectfully. So we are closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results