shape
carat
color
clarity

A year ago, I found out I was pregnant.

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Bella_mezzo said:
KS-I am so happy to hear of your daughter's arrival. :appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations!!!! I am sorry that your journey to her was so long and hard and know that Uma will always have a special place in your family as well. Your push present is lovely:)

Dear Bella thank you for your well wishes, and especially your thoughts about Uma. I agree with you that she will forever have a place in our family, and my heart- every happy tear that I have shed at the mere sight of my new daughter (and there have been many, I'm blaming postpartum hormones for as long as I can!) comes from the love I have for both girls who inhabited my womb.

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
missy said:
Oh so thrilled and happy for you ksmom!!! What a beautiful baby girl!!! Thank you for sharing your happiness with us and I am sending you much love and many hugs for a wonderful future with your lovely family! :appl: :appl: :appl: If you are OK to share I would love to know her name. What a sweet little girl. And I have to say that push present looks perfect on her. :love: :bigsmile: So happy for you and your family ksmom!

Thank you dear Missy for your well wishes! And I'm more than happy to share my daughter's name- we named her Kavya. Kavya is a type of classic Sanskrit literary style that is comparable to a poem or a sonnet. The story of how Kavya came to be is the greatest personal epic of my lifetime, so it seemed very fitting. :)

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
NewEnglandLady said:
Thanks for coming back and sharing your happy update. It's so uplifting to read stories like these. I could not be happier or more excited for you. Stunning push present as well!

Thank you NEL! I cannot express how comforting it was to feel held by such caring and compassionate women when I first posted my story here. I am beyond thrilled to be able to include you all in the unexpectedly happy conclusion.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I'm so happy you are finally able to share good news after suffering the loss of your daughter. I hope she brings a lot of happiness and healing to your family!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful little girl--how thrilled you must be! :appl: I can never see enough pictures of tiny fingers and toes..... :love:

Thank you for sharing--and keep well!

cheers--Sharon

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
monkeyprincess said:
Congratulations! I'm so happy you are finally able to share good news after suffering the loss of your daughter. I hope she brings a lot of happiness and healing to your family!

Thank you MP :) I truly didn't think I would be able to feel such happiness again after losing my baby; the arrival of my daughter has already led to a revival of cheerful sentiments I had long since given up.

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
canuk-gal said:
HI: Wonderful little girl--how thrilled you must be! :appl: I can never see enough pictures of tiny fingers and toes..... :love: Thank you for sharing--and keep well! cheers--Sharon

Thank you dear Sharon! I am tempted to start a SMTB thread on just the digits of her hands and feet, but I suspect that only her father and I are so obsessed with them :D

Thank you for your warm words of support, both now as well as a year ago.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksmom|1452023550|3971146 said:
missy said:
Oh so thrilled and happy for you ksmom!!! What a beautiful baby girl!!! Thank you for sharing your happiness with us and I am sending you much love and many hugs for a wonderful future with your lovely family! :appl: :appl: :appl: If you are OK to share I would love to know her name. What a sweet little girl. And I have to say that push present looks perfect on her. :love: :bigsmile: So happy for you and your family ksmom!

Thank you dear Missy for your well wishes! And I'm more than happy to share my daughter's name- we named her Kavya. Kavya is a type of classic Sanskrit literary style that is comparable to a poem or a sonnet. The story of how Kavya came to be is the greatest personal epic of my lifetime, so it seemed very fitting. :)

What a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl. And yes quite fitting. :appl: Thank you for sharing ksmom. (((Hugs))) to you and sweet Kavya.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fantastic to have a little man and a little lady.

I'm so sorry it wasn't a smooth or easy process. I was afraid to open this thread as I had so hoped you wouldn't have to share any more tragic news. I'm sorry you had to have a d&c, but I'm glad you've got a little baby girl to love on now and you don't have to put yourself through any more ttc

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
missy said:
What a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl. And yes quite fitting. :appl: Thank you for sharing ksmom. (((Hugs))) to you and sweet Kavya.

Thank you Missy for caring and wanting to know! (((Hugs))) back :)

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Niel said:
How fantastic to have a little man and a little lady. I'm so sorry it wasn't a smooth or easy process. I was afraid to open this thread as I had so hoped you wouldn't have to share any more tragic news. I'm sorry you had to have a d&c, but I'm glad you've got a little baby girl to love on now and you don't have to put yourself through any more ttc

Thank you Neil, I too am so glad to be able to share some uplifting news for a change. And you're right, it has been such a tremendous relief to feel that my family is now complete and to know that I never have to go through the anxiety of TTC and pregnancy again.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, ksmom! I am overjoyed to read this! I have wondered about you and your pregnancy from time to time ove the last few months, and came here fishing for some word- low and behold!!! I wouldn't mind a SMTB on her fingers and toes! Magnificent creations, each and every digit. Thank you for the update- congratulations- I am beyond happy for you and your family. Welcome, baby Kavya!

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
apacherose said:
Oh my goodness, ksmom! I am overjoyed to read this! I have wondered about you and your pregnancy from time to time ove the last few months, and came here fishing for some word- low and behold!!! I wouldn't mind a SMTB on her fingers and toes! Magnificent creations, each and every digit. Thank you for the update- congratulations- I am beyond happy for you and your family. Welcome, baby Kavya!

Apacherose I am so touched that you have kept me in your thoughts- thank you! And thank you for humoring my desire to show off her fingers and toes :D

Thank you most of all for your support and compassion throughout this entire journey. It amazes me that I can feel so connected to and grateful for the friendship of women whom I've never met in person. (Hugs)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KS.. you are a hero to me. That took a lot of courage and love to write your experience and pain.. I wish I could hug you. Your love of your daughter shows through this whole situation, sometimes love really does mean letting go.. letting peace. I send you my heartfelt affection and respect for doing what was best for your daughter. I truly respect you, I have the utmost respect for you as one mother to another.

Much peace to you.. there is nothing like mother love.

EDITED after reading the whole thread; I am thrilled beyond all measure that you have this new gorgeous life! in our lives as one door seems untenable we reach another one.. sending wonderful love and happiness on your little girl! and you are still a hero to me. You are strong. Good Mom!! too.

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Tekate said:
KS.. you are a hero to me. That took a lot of courage and love to write your experience and pain.. I wish I could hug you. Your love of your daughter shows through this whole situation, sometimes love really does mean letting go.. letting peace. I send you my heartfelt affection and respect for doing what was best for your daughter. I truly respect you, I have the utmost respect for you as one mother to another. Much peace to you.. there is nothing like mother love. EDITED after reading the whole thread; I am thrilled beyond all measure that you have this new gorgeous life! in our lives as one door seems untenable we reach another one.. sending wonderful love and happiness on your little girl! and you are still a hero to me. You are strong. Good Mom!! too.

Tekate, thank you so much for your kind words. I chuckled as I read your comment about me being strong, because I feel I am exactly the opposite! I am a pediatrician, so you would think I am fairly prepared for child rearing- nope! All of the things I learned in med school and residency have only served to heighten my anxiety over every little thing that could possibly afflict my children. It is so terrifying to have part of your heart separate itself from your body and learn to exist apart from you.

Thank you also for your support of my decision with my daughter. There isn't a day when I don't think of her and her short life, and feel grateful for having been able to help her. I truly appreciate the virtual hug as well! ((Hugs)) to you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, ksmom, I haven't been to this forum in a very long time, and I am so very sorry for all the heartache and loss you have experienced. Losing a baby is extremely heartbreaking. I am so happy to hear that you have been given the gift of little Kavya to bring you and your family great joy! Big {{{hugs}}}!!!

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1459740843|4015140 said:
My goodness, ksmom, I haven't been to this forum in a very long time, and I am so very sorry for all the heartache and loss you have experienced. Losing a baby is extremely heartbreaking. I am so happy to hear that you have been given the gift of little Kavya to bring you and your family great joy! Big {{{hugs}}}!!!

Thank you so much DS! :wavey: I agree, no woman should ever have to experience the grief of losing a baby; it has changed me forever. I feel extremely grateful and fortunate to be able to hug and kiss my children every night (though it is increasingly vexing to my 'too cool for hugs and kisses' almost-6 year old son! :lol: )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results