shape
carat
color
clarity

DiamondPro Blog "Can't Recommend Whiteflash diamonds..."?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringmaster88

Rough_Rock
Re: DiamondPro Blog "Can't Recommend Whiteflash diamonds..."

kenny|1452021692|3971105 said:
Oh Look! :lol:
Yet another new poster who registered after this thread was started ...

Hmmmmm .....
Couldn't possibly be a shill. :nono:

Let's see how many more noobs just happen to register. :roll:

I'm newly registered but I didn't see this thread until this morning. BTW, you're kind of proving my point here...See everyone?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

ringmaster88|1452021032|3971099 said:
PSfacade, you are not alone. This forum is extremely biased and political, and the level of censorship is unparalleled. Speak one bad thing about WhiteFlash and you're out of here. Commend a brick and mortar and just as equally, you're out.

I honestly don't trust anyone here with more than 100 posts, and definitely not 1000, and never 10,000+. I wouldn't recommend that you do either. These forum members have only stuck around long enough because they keep pushing and pushing the same diamond vendors. You'll never catch them say something that doesn't toe the line.

I feel most sorry for newbies who stumble across this website and suddenly feel like PSers are their best friends. It's really easy to say "Here's a great diamond! <insert James Allen link or WF link>" rather than consider that each individual's needs are unique. How often is "We'll find you a better one!" seen in these forums? Yet often times they're not even looking for a new diamond, they just want somebody's opinion.

My advice to all who are new: Take their advice with a grain of salt, or stay away. PS is definitely an "old boys club." And I mean that literally. I know for a fact that most of you are old, from the hand pics of your jewelry.

Hmmmmm .....

Of course not, how could you say such a thing!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringmaster88|1452021867|3971109 said:

Hmmmmm .....

I'm newly registered but I didn't see this thread until this morning. BTW, you're kind of proving my point here...See everyone?

There is no way to know whether you are real or a shill, though admin could look into it.
It could go either way.

It is suspicious though that two new members registered after this thread went up, and what those two new members are saying.

Skepticism is justified.

If my suspicion is unfounded I apologize to you.
If not ... well, there you go.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

I'll bet the admin figures out who that 'facade' was, even though they retracted their off to fess up who they were. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

PSfacade, you are not alone. This forum is extremely biased and political, and the level of censorship is unparalleled. Speak one bad thing about WhiteFlash and you're out of here. Commend a brick and mortar and just as equally, you're out.

I honestly don't trust anyone here with more than 100 posts, and definitely not 1000, and never 10,000+. I wouldn't recommend that you do either. These forum members have only stuck around long enough because they keep pushing and pushing the same diamond vendors. You'll never catch them say something that doesn't toe the line.

I feel most sorry for newbies who stumble across this website and suddenly feel like PSers are their best friends. It's really easy to say "Here's a great diamond! <insert James Allen link or WF link>" rather than consider that each individual's needs are unique. How often is "We'll find you a better one!" seen in these forums? Yet often times they're not even looking for a new diamond, they just want somebody's opinion.

My advice to all who are new: Take their advice with a grain of salt, or stay away. PS is definitely an "old boys club." And I mean that literally. I know for a fact that most of you are old, from the hand pics of your jewelry.

How to win friends and influence people... NOT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Andelain|1452022505|3971125 said:
I'll bet the admin figures out who that 'facade' was, even though they retracted their off to fess up who they were. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, it's an old member who unfortunately refused to follow our policies and continues to do so. Apologies to the OP.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I know for a fact that most of you are old, from the hand pics of your jewelry.

You're right.
Old people suck.

Your excellent argument is valid proof of why DiamondPro is better than PS.

:roll:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Ella|1452024964|3971161 said:
Andelain|1452022505|3971125 said:

Yes, it's an old FORMER member who unfortunately refused to follow our policies and continues to do so. Apologies to the OP.

Fixed it, right? :wavey:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know what? I'm impressed that WhiteFlash is ISO certified. Being ISO certified takes lots of work, and you have a team of independent verifiers come in and pick apart everything. If you don't have your ducks in a row, no ISO cert for you!

So for me, this thread is an eye opener. Also having been through the hell it takes to get a place certified (not just 9000 but also ISO 14001 and 27001), you and your folks have have it together not only in paperwork, but processes. They have to know exactly what to do when asked of them.

Says a lot to me that WF did this.

I can't speak on diamonds with any authority, I'm a colored stone girl (though diamonds make great accent stones ;)) :lol: ) So I can't sing anyone's praises from that standpoint, but I'm a tech head, I love processes, I live for them. I make my living off of them. A company willingly going through ISO when its not a requirement? Awesome to me. Says to me that they have a great belief in their internal processes, and are WILLING when necessary, to improve upon them.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Arcadian|1452026431|3971184 said:
You know what? I'm impressed that WhiteFlash is ISO certified. Being ISO certified takes lots of work, and you have a team of independent verifiers come in and pick apart everything. If you don't have your ducks in a row, no ISO cert for you!

So for me, this thread is an eye opener. Also having been through the hell it takes to get a place certified (not just 9000 but also ISO 14001 and 27001), you and your folks have have it together not only in paperwork, but processes. They have to know exactly what to do when asked of them.

Says a lot to me that WF did this.

I can't speak on diamonds with any authority, I'm a colored stone girl (though diamonds make great accent stones ;)) :lol: ) So I can't sing anyone's praises from that standpoint, but I'm a tech head, I love processes, I live for them. I make my living off of them. A company willingly going through ISO when its not a requirement? Awesome to me. Says to me that they have a great belief in their internal processes, and are WILLING when necessary, to improve upon them.
Arcadian,
Thank you so much for your kind words. Most people are not familiar with ISO and your remarks are sincerely appreciated. I have shared them with the entire Whiteflash team who take motivation from that kind of recognition. It is a big commitment and requires effort from every member of the team. In fact we are in the final preparations for our annual audit which takes place in a about a week :shock: So ISO is very much on the minds of everyone here!

When we first studied ISO in looking at ways to improve our organization and performance back in 2010, we saw a program that would bring a living structure to our operation that could evolve over time. It has done that and more, delivering even more benefits than we had envisioned. It has helped us solidify our company culture and given every team member a stake and a voice and a role in building and improving our business. It's hard work, but I think everyone here in their heart of hearts would tell you they are energized by the process and proud of our certification.

Another thing that you alluded to and has also been told to us by auditors: they are impressed that we do it solely for the intended purpose - because we are striving to be the best we can possibly be. It seems that most companies that commit to ISO do so because they are in an industry that requires it.

Thank you again for the recognition. If you ever get to Houston we would be happy to give you a detailed look at our process charts and flow diagrams ;-) Seriously.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CantStopMe|1452028966|3971226 said:
I don't trust a word on this page. Haha.

Hey.
Another shill registered today ... named ... get this ... CantStopMe!

:lol:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

kenny|1452029642|3971239 said:

Hey.

Look at the rest of this nutcase's posts! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Texas Leaguer|1452029448|3971237 said:
If you ever get to Houston we would be happy to give you a detailed look at our process charts and flow diagrams ;-) Seriously.

Oh Bryan, you and your innovative pick up lines.
I'll bet you say that to ALL the ladies. ;-)

I also worked for a company that worked its butt off (and ours) to get ISO certified.
It's no walk in the park and it is very impressive a company would do this when they didn't have to to stay in business. :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Andelain|1452029697|3971240 said:

Hey.

I did.
I had to rubberneck as I drove by this accident scene. :knockout:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

kenny|1452029909|3971242 said:
Texas Leaguer|1452029448|3971237 said:
If you ever get to Houston we would be happy to give you a detailed look at our process charts and flow diagrams ;-) Seriously.

Oh Bryan, you and your innovative pick up lines.
I'll bet you say that to ALL the ladies. ;-)

I also worked for a company that worked its butt off (and ours) to get ISO certified.
It's no walk in the park and it is very impressive a company would do this when they didn't have to to stay in business. :appl:
Your'e right Kenny,
I tend to talk a lot and I've been told "you had me at ISO" :lol:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

If affiliate marketing was pure "fakery" then why are so many of your trusted colleagues involved in it? WF, BGD, HPD?)

Since HPD was used to defend affiliate models, I'd like to clarify our position.

Affiliates have become an important generator of sales-leads. It's a phenomenon we can't ignore. But different models exist. As with diamonds and settings, our partnership choices reflect back on us. Reputation is everything and, bluntly, we have rejected most affiliates who approach us.

Why? Because most affiliates don't seem to care about consumer protection. They’re not invested. They want to close as many sales and collect as many commissions as possible, especially those with volume focus. To do this they skip full-education and recommend a range of diamonds l could never, ever sell in good conscience. While this is not acceptable to me I realize others view it differently, and that's fine.

So to be clear: HPD affiliates must have the following qualities -

- True expert and neutral advice to consumers
- Transparent and honest dealings with both the consumer and HPD
- Respect for other competing sellers
- Integrity and willingness to do the right thing

I have fired affiliates for violations.

What am I talking about? Consumers have no idea that affiliates play sellers against each other, offering to push the buyer to whoever "sweetens the pot" most for them. At certain times affiliates might push and steer consumers to a seller offering a kickback bonus for a certain volume of sales made that sales-period. The consumer has no idea these things are happening. They are being secretly screwed… Such transgressors will be fired from HPD. And guess what? Now I get a bad review on that affiliate's website (sigh).

Compared to the above, I find the advice on Pricescope far more pure. It’s also offered in the open by people who simply love jewelry. This forum has been helping people for many, many years before these affiliate businesses made their first dollar.

Don't get me wrong, I am proud to partner with wonderful affiliates who I admire. They place the client first and any commission by-products second. I also review my affiliate partnerships on a regular basis. This can lead to adjustments in the cooperation, or it could lead to the relationship ending.

I could probably get more leads and sales if I relaxed a bit. Oh well. Those who know me understand why I won’t.

So in summary: Yes we work with affiliates but we do not agree with the practices of all affiliates. As with any important decision we research and select our partners carefully. There are a lot of choices out there, which is a good thing, because people are all different.

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: :lol: :lol: This is one of the funniest posts I have EVER seen here!!!

Gosh, I must be close to the most untrusted person here, then! :lol:

We stick around because we keep pushing the same diamond vendors??? No, that's not the reason I stay, but I have bought some outstanding diamonds and do still recommend those vendors (Good Old Gold and Whiteflash for diamonds) often. However, I also recommend Victor Canera, HPD, James Allen, Enchanted Diamonds, Brian Gavin, etc. when they have a diamond that fits the specs and budget better than the vendors I have personally bought from. I also try to help them find a diamond at the vendor they are already working with whenever possible.

Do you have something against old people? :nono: I will say after attending two PS get-togethers and having PS friends off the forum, the ages of active PS members are very diverse and range from 20's to probably 70's. There are a very few of us here who have grandchildren or old enough to, but I can assure you there are plenty of younger women (and men) who have gotten engaged and stuck around here after making friends and having a jewelry hobby, and there are middle aged men and women who originally came here looking for upgrades or diamond jewelry for special anniversaries or birthdays and stayed. And yes, many of us have made good friends from this forum. We are a pretty friendly bunch!

You'd be wise to make friends with the old people. We have a lot more disposable money to spend on diamonds than most 20-somethings do. ;))

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Old hands :hand: :hand: :hand: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Now that's an idea, the PS vendors could pay some hand models to model the rings. A big circle photo next to our own with our rings on perfect hand models ring size 2 to 3. Then we could see how big the rocks look and not get DSS. Oh and we get to choose the hand models so we can match up who suits rose gold or platinum or yellow gold best. Must have over 10000 posts to be a judge though.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1452032531|3971267 said:
Do you have something against old people? :nono:

Clearly he does.
Hey, maybe we'll get lucky and this guy will ... uhm ... stop getting older ... on his way home from work today. :lol:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:appl: :hand: :clap: :dance: :pray: :boohoo: :shhh:

:think: :boohoo: :snooty: :doh:

:Up_to_something: :wavey:

All the hands :errrr:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As a statement I'm going to take and post a pic of my old hands, right now, just as they are.

No lotion.
No make up.
No manicuring.
No photoshopping.
No stretching to reduce wrinkles.

I will clean my diamond though. :lol:

Anyone care to join me?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

This is so comical, I almost peed in my diaper! :bigsmile: Of course such remarks roll off the back of well reasoned folk here, since one realizes that insults are the lowest form of discourse; but it would be well to remember that old folks tend to be well connected--having lived so long :)) --and therefore one of us here could be your bosses wife!

Personally I wish had a buck for every Tiffany and Cartier ring I've ever recommended here on PS--hence WF or other vendors here "benefit" little from my > 10,000 posts and > 10 year tenure. Suffice it to say, Ringmaster et al, your remarks are as glib as they are uninformed.

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1452035338|3971289 said:
As a statement I'm going to take and post a pic of my old hands, right now, just as they are.

No lotion.
No make up.
No manicuring.
No photoshopping.
No stretching to reduce wrinkles.

I will clean my diamond though. :lol:

Anyone care to join me?

Hey, great idea Kenny.
Count me in.

Here are my old hands. :knockout:
Clearly, nobody should take diamond advice that was typed with these worthless hands from a worthless old person. :nono:

screen_shot_2016-01-05_at_3.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

i have over 1000 Posts, and I'm old and I've never told anyone what diamond to buy, as I don't know... but I have learned a lot. And I resemble your remark, I'm old! as you will be someday.. it happens to the all of us.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm game, Kenny! :wavey: I usually stay out of these kinds of RT threads but I felt compelled to join you...

So I happen to be a happy owner of a Whiteflash diamond and have over 2000 posts here on PS. Include me in the not to be trusted for any advice to newbies club, too! :shifty: :lol:

So here is my hand contribution:

img_10369.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are correct!..I'm a "spring chicken" compared to most of the ladies here!... :praise: :lol:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Andelain|1452029697|3971240 said:

Hey.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've been around for quite awhile! I have purchased from sooooo many vendors over the years. DBL, Leibish, Whiteflash, Good Old Gold, BGD, several of the colored stone vendors, several often recommended etsy vendors. I am by no means a prosumer but I am an active member! Here are my 30 year "old" hands!

_35892.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

kenny|1452035338|3971289 said:
Anyone care to join me?

Take off the Octavia so I can see your hands!!!!

And since I have 2 new-to-me rings on, let me show them off here. :clap: :clap:

saph-smtanz.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Judging by your hands the International Court of Diamond Advice Tribunal hereby authorizes you three young and tender spring chickens to give diamond advice on PS, but only for 36 months, at which time new evidence must be submitted. :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results