Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New Year's Eve!

Deegee, did you escape yet?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy (almost) new year kids!

Deegee, frozen pizza for dinner... hmmm... sounds like a drive through was in order on the way home!

Curby, your "I have to go grade papers" is my "I have a real estate client I need to go do an intensive search for"!

My friend is out walking the doggy right now. I considered (briefly... OK, maybe not really at all...) going with them, but instead I think I'm going to motivate and take a shower so I can pack up the box I need to ship home because there's no way all this stuff will fit in my suitcase and carry on bag... especially this crazy fluffy wookie coat that I got as a gag gift, and that I am seriously debating giving to charity or to a child if I can find one that wants it. Yikes.

Last night we went to a place called Birds and Bubbles. The menu consisted of fried chicken and champagne. What a concept! Today we're going to go do a little light shopping and then have dinner with a bunch of friends. Things likely won't get too crazy because one of them is bringing their 10 year old daughter, LOL.

OK, off to get things done!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm on the road on the way home from Cincinnati. Just wanted to say Happy New Year and MINE!!!!!

2016 BMW X3 35i x drive, 300 hp turbo engine. I'm so excited!

_1331.jpeg

_1335.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee your new SUV is awesome. Sweet.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new year kids!!!!!

Deegee, how AWESOME is that?! Your new car if Fab.U.Lous!

Curby, did you take an new years eve photos of your new EC?!

Last night we went out with some friends and had a wonderful time! The best part of the evening was the 10 year old, LOL. I just adore that kid! The food was really good and the booze was kept to a reasonable level (for me anyway, I think a couple of people might have had a *bit* more than I did...).

Today my friend and I are going in search of brunch and a place to watch some football. A very low key January 1!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Yay! I'm still excited today. I didn't expect to buy a car yesterday as I was only narrowing down what I wanted. Matts head rubbed the top of the car in the redesigned Lexus RX 350, so that went off the list. He whacked his head and I cracked my knee in the Lesus NX. The Mercedes GLE was too big and the GLC (like Charlie's) was not comfortable for Matt's legs. I actually went to the BMW dealership thinking he wouldn't fit in the X3, and if I had to go as big as the X5, I might as well keep my car. Matt went in thinking there was no way he'd buy a BMW. Well... This car has a ton of head and leg room in front, and is an absolute blast to drive. The one on the showroom floor had everything I wanted, plus a giant bow! Matt liked it so much, he encouraged me to get it. There was zero haggling. They offered a great price for my trade, and offered to sell me the new car at the amount over invoice I'm willing to pay. (I pulled up Edmunds.com and built one with the exact options so that I could see the invoice while we were there) The stars aligned and I walked out with a new car. Yippee!!! Of course, I've already heard the nasty remarks from my one jealous sister, and I know nasty comments will get back to me at work next week. Apparently I have Matt wrapped around my little finger and get anything I want. Funny thing is that I don't buy much, and I work pretty darn hard to buy my own luxuries. Oh well...people will say things no matter what. I'm going to enjoy my new ride.

I hope everyone had a wonderful January 1.

_1338.jpeg

_1339.jpeg

_1340.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Happy New Year!

Dee Jay, isn’t it nice to have a “go to” excuse to leave? A fluffy Wookie coat sounds warm. I am glad you enjoyed the evening last night especially having out with your friend’s 10 year old daughter. I kept my alcohol consumption to a minimum last night too. I had some champagne but that was it. I did not take any pictures of my EC ring last night but I thought of taking some this morning with my EC earrings in the same shot. It was nice and sunny out.

Deegee, I can see why you are still excited today. Your new car looks fabulous and it came with a bow! It sounds like you got a great deal on it too. Of course Lily wanted to be in the picture; she was guarding your new car. Sorry to hear your jealous sister made some nasty comments about your new car and yes some jealous people at work will probably say something too but pshaw on them! Jealous people can’t help themselves; let them be miserable because that’s their normal state. Sounds like your sister is also jealous that Matt wants you to be happy; there is NOTHING wrong with that. Enjoying your new ride will just irritate them more.

I got off work about 2:30 yesterday. When I got home Marty had the lasagna made already and the dishes all done. We went to some friends house for pot luck dinner and game night. It was fun. Marty’s lasagna was a bit hit; my friends little girl even went back for 2nd and 3rd helpings on it. We made it until midnight but I was fading fast. Sadly when we got home I couldn’t fall asleep so I got to bed about 2:30 and then Marty’s watch had an alarm go off at 4:30 am. Rats. He set it for 4:30 pm to put the lasagna in the oven put it set itself for 4:30 am - his smart watch wasn’t so smart. Then my MIL sent a text at 7:30 am. Short night. I am kind of nappy today. Weird.

We had roast beef and mashed potatoes for lunch. I finished the new Michael Connelly book today and we are watching Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2. They are pretty funny.

Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey All. Happy and Merry. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and fun, but safe New Years Celebration! For some reason, I stopped getting notifications of new posts, so I just kind of got offline with this thread.

Deegee, the new ride is fabulous! We're really loving our new Mercedes SUV, so I hope you drive yours in great health and happiness!

Marcy the ring is fabulous and Marty's new Seamaster is fantastic. I've toyed with getting a PO 8500 some day (Marty will know which one I'm referring to). But I have enough really great watches at the moment, so no new tickers for a while.

Christmas was very nice. Not a great start to the day, with a visit to my dad in the nursing home. I had steamed him a lobster and made him a fantastic Lobster Roll, and he barely ate it. He just wanted to lay down and go back to sleep and when we left he held my hand and said goodbye as though he was going somewhere. I've checked on him this week and he's doing OK. I think he's just tired of living in a dark world, eating and sleeping. He has nothing else to look forward to.

The afternoon was much nicer. We had our traditional New England dinner, of steamed jumbo lobsters (mine was 4.5 pounds!), homemade coleslaw, parsley potatoes and our favorite chocolate cake. My brother and SIL spent the day with us and it was really nice and relaxing. Here's a pic of my lobster:

img_2242.jpg

Here are two shots of Emi and Eri who discovered their food and toy cabinet on Christmas:

eri_christmas_2015.jpg
emi_xmas_2015.jpg

And finally, for New Years Eve, it was just the two of us. We had snacky foods (steamed shrimp, wings, pate, etc.) then we walked up to the street to Riverwalk and watched the fireworks at midnight. It was really really nice and still too warm down here, but the fireworks were fantastic:

img_2283.jpg

I can't believe I've been off a full week already and have to go back to work in just two days. It's been just so nice being home with Charlie and the kitties for a full week. Alas, it's 'a coming to an end.

Happy New Year to you all. I hope 2016 brings you nothing but the greatest health and much happiness!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Deegee, interesting that Matt wasn't comfortable in the Lexus. When XDH and I bought ours we had a hard time finding a car that was comfortable for five foot tall me and six foot tall him, but he didn't have as much height to contend with as your DH does. Your new car is so fabulous though -- gorgeous!

Curby, LOL on Marty's watch going of in the am when it was intended for the pm! I tend to set my alarm for one hour before a showing or when I have to pick up a client and then I often forget to go in and turn it off so the next week I'll get a random alarm like on Sunday at 4:30 and I'm like, uh... am I supposed to be going somewhere right now?!

Rod, I can't believe how big the kitties have gotten! Your dinner sounds wonderful--I do love me some lobster! And chocolate cake too; oh my! Sorry to hear that your visit with your dad wasn't great, but I'm sure he appreciated you being there even if he wasn't good about saying so.

Yesterday my friend and I went to brunch... and it lasted until about 6 pm, ha ha. Then we watched a move and three episodes of some cooking show. I've gotten my TV quota for the year. Today we're going for mani/pedis and then I head to the airport to go HOME!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, fabulous pictures - your lobster is huge. The kitties have sure grown and I love the fireworks shot. I will have Marty show me what watch you are talking about. He is loving his new watch. We passed up a chance to buy the other Omega Snoopy watch and regretted it. You know the one that got away. I am sorry to hear the visit with your dad wasn’t great. It is so hard but I am sure it comforted him that you were there. It sounds like you had a nice afternoon with your brother and SIL and what a fabulous way to spend NYE. I am delighted to hear you’ve enjoyed your vacation. Marty has enjoyed every minute of his vacation as well.

Dee Jay, that is funny about your alarm. I’ll use the alarm on my phone when we travel and forget to turn it off. Usually it goes off before I want to get up too. Was it a champagne brunch that kept you out all day? Ha Ha. I hope you had a good flight home.

Deegee, have you been out cruising around in your gorgeous new car?

I went to bed early last night and I slept in until about 7. Marty was at the gym when I got up today so I sent him a text to bring home breakfast. We went grocery shopping then went to see the new Star Wars movie. We stopped on the way home and had supper. I am working on laundry and need to work on my club newsletter.

I am watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days only because they have some pretty diamond jewelry towards the end of the movie. Liz Taylor sized stuff. Who knows if it’s real but it’s big and sparkly.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, we were at a place that had *prosecco*on*tap*! Who knew there was such a thing?!? The CB's response to that when I texted him was: May your liver rest in peace. HA!

Rod, I opened my Christmas cards this morning. That is what Christmas looks like here some years, but definitely not THIS year. It's not as warm in Chicago as it was in NY, but it's still unseasonably warm.

I'M HOME!!!!! Went straight to bed last night after coming home from the airport. This morning the CB made breakfast and I opened the gifts from my parents. I got the iphone photo printer I asked my dad for and I have an idea of what I might want to do with a bunch of photos, but like most of my *brilliant* ideas, I won't know how it's going to work out until I try it, LOL.

Off to unpack and do laundry and just relax. My friend in NY is having a PFD (people free day) today and I envy her... I'm sure the neighbors will be knocking on my door all day long because they know I'm back now. Ah, the joys of communal living!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I absolutely love CB’s comment about your liver resting in peace. That is too funny. And no I can’t say I’ve heard of any place that has prosecco on tap. For some reason I think you’ll go back there some day. How fun to come home and open more Christmas presents. I had a photo printer a few years ago; it worked fabulous. However I quickly decided as many pictures as I was printing having Walgreens print photos for me was cheaper than replacing the ink cartridges. It is very handy to be able to print your own photos. We have an all in one air printer now and I can’t say I’ve ever tried photos on it but I understand it works really well. I hope your neighbors don’t bother you too much today but you are popular so they just want to come say hi.

We got up about 7:30 today. I made homemade biscuits for us and Marty made himself some sausage and gravy to go with them. We had mimosas too. Mm. What a great way to start the day.

Not much going on here today. I am trying to psych myself up to going back to work realizing there isn’t another holiday for us until Memorial Day. Phooey on that!

I have one more batch of laundry to do and hope to watch my football team win this afternoon.

If any of you shop at chefscatalog.com they are going out of business and have big discounts on some things. I’ve been buying from them for over 20 years.

Have a great day.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I was enticed to look on the chefscatalog by the lure of a great bargain... but it's all greek to me, ha ha!

Yesterday I recovered from my vacation. The CB made scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast and later on we ordered a pizza (I hate about half of what I would normally have). Read a book, unpacked and put some stuff away, and that was really about it. It was lovely!

This morning I got on the scale... yikes. So far I've had oatmeal, almonds, a cup of coffee and two cups of tea. My throat is kind of irritated so I'm drinking tea with honey in the hopes that it will help. I can hear lunch being set up in the kitchen... rut ro...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, CB should be impressed you looked at Chefscatalog though, right? I am glad you recovered from your vacation yesterday and CB fed you well. I attempted to eat better today as well but got bored, stressed and hungry and gladly accepted some cinnamon jelly candies from on of my cube mates. Tomorrow is another day.

Deegee, I am anxious to hear how your day went at work. Did that raise show up for you? The one you so richly deserve?

Hi Rod!

My UV flashlight showed up. These are kind of fuzzy but I had fun looking at my rings.

My EC is med fluorescent. The diamond with my emerald diamond shows up as blue and some of the diamonds in my 2 channel bands from WF are blue - one of them looks strong blue. The 2 red ovals are actually pink sapphires, the red rectangle is my Kentucky blue sapphire and one of it’s accent PC diamonds is blue. On the top row the 2nd band from the left is my pink sapphire / diamond band with one blue and the ring on the top right is my garnet ring with one blue. FUN!!! I will have to work on better pictures this weekend when I have time to play.

We met at Olive Garden for supper tonight. We had salad and I ordered spaghetti. I ate 1/4 of it and will take a 1/4 of it for lunch tomorrow and Marty can have the other half of it. I did eat 1 breadstick too.

Work was hectic busy but the day zipped by.

Have a great evening.
Marcy / Curby

flourescent.jpeg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-very cool pics! That looks like a lot of fun to play with. Your emerald cut ring is making me really want one! My boss has an EC ering, but I've never pulled it off of her finger for a closer look. It's 1ct, but it's almost hard to see the stone for all of the other stones surrounding it. And great news! My raise went through. It's enough to keep me there for the time being, but not enough that I'll put up with much crap. You don't have a holiday until Memorial Day? How will you survive? I have Martin Luther King Jr day in January and Presidents' Day in Feb, and then nothing else until Memorial Day. I dread that stretch!

Dee*Jay-I hope you had a great vacation recovery day. I like the idea of a people free day myself. I need one of those! We did a bunch of running around & visiting over vacation. We got home Friday evening, took down all of the Christmas crap Saturday, and spent yesterday resting. Work sure came early this morning. Blah.

Rod-awesome pictures! Your kitties have grown so much and are so beautiful. I'm glad to hear you & Charlie are enjoying his Mercedes SUV. I'm absolutely tickled that mine has plenty of head and leg room for Matt because I so badly wanted something smaller than my MDX. My new car fit so nicely into a parking spot near the building this incredibly cold morning. Success!!!

Well, I started off the new year in true Deana fashion...with an injury. I have a posterior vitreous detachment in my left eye (from a blow to the eye). It was quite painful this morning and I was seeing flashes of light, which is what happens while it is detaching. Then all I could see were floaters. (Rainfall of floaters) Now I have a big blob of white blur right in my field of vision. Apparently this blob will start compressing and gravity will pull it out of the center of my eye, which can take up to 6 months. Until then, I can't freaking see out of my left eye. I have 2 different drops to put in, I'm supposed to put a cold compress on every hour for swelling, and I'm not supposed to have any accidents, whacks to the head or falls for at least 6 weeks because I'm in danger of a detached/torn retina. I'm in big trouble because I sure can't go that long without an accident!! I'm also not allowed to exercise. Darn...there goes my New Years resolution already! Wish me a safe next 6 weeks. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, congratulations on getting a raise. No matter how much they are paying you don’t put up with crap. I am excited for you!!! (Note to self pay attention to my own advice). Oh no - your eye sounds awful and very serious! You poor girl. You are going to have to take it very easy and be very careful for 6 weeks. I hope the drops help quickly and don’t burn your eye. Can you see to drive okay? When I am getting migraines that is how i know one is coming I start getting a fuzzy spot and can’t see out of that spot but of course that goes away in a few hours once the migraine starts.

The picture is pretty cool - I did realize since it’s UV light I’m seeing I don’t know i can get things to focus any better - let’s see UV light would be shorter wavelengths than visible so maybe I need to get closer to stuff. I will definitely mess with it this weekend.

You should definitely check out your boss’s EC ring. That was my favorite shape even in junior high when I started buying inexpensive jewelry.

I’ve wanted something fluorescent since I saw a strong blue fluorescent diamond in Denver and you could see the light blue color in it. We both thought it was very cool but I didn’t want that for my ering. I will have to check out my earrings, bracelets and pendants too.

Take care of yourself Deegee. Did Matt threaten some bubble wrap again?

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may never go to sleep tonight. My other camera worked better:

Left to Right
Top Row: Diamond Sapphire Band, 3mm channel band, 5 pointer channel band, KB Sapphire (it is blue)
Middle Row: baby pink sapphire band, emerald & diamond ring, pale pink sapphire, garnet ring
Bottom Row: EC, hot pink sapphire, rhodolite garnet ring, heart diamond

Who knew what cool things were lurking in another wavelength.

That assorted color diamond ring is bizarre one of the red or orange diamonds is bright yellow/green. The picture turned out bad though.

Off to bed. Really.

_1384.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, love the pics that you took with your new flashlight! Where did you get that? I want one too, but not only for jewelry. I have some depression glass and there is a certain kind that is called uranium glass (not sure what's really in it -- I'm guessing they just call it that) but it has a cool effect under UV light.

Deegee, OMG on your latest boo boo!!! Sister, you're a wreck! (And I can say that with full affection because I am one myself, ha ha.) Congratulations on your much deserved raise! I hope you're going to blow it on bling!

Last night the CB picked me up and I thought we were going to go to the grocery store, but instead we just ate left over pizza and went to bed early. One of my neighbors called me about 10:00 on the way back from O'Hare because they gave their gate opener to the cat sitter while they were gone and had no way to get in the gate. So I had to get out of bed, put some clothes on and got out in the parking lot. Argh. Then they were all chatty. Um, NO. I'm going back to BED. I've got a bit of a cold too so standing around in my elephant jammies in the icy parking lot in the middle of the night was less than my favorite thing to be doing at that point in time.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-all of the pictures are fascinating to me, but the EC looks so awesome with that light! Now I'm really curious about some of my rings and tennis bracelet (which, by the way, has been riding around in my wallet with a broken clasp for the last 2 months). You get the best gadgets! I can see okay to drive, but trying to focus on something close is a problem. It's like my contact lens or glasses have a big grease smudge right where I need to see. I know this will eventually shrink up and become a floater, but right now it's driving me crazy. Matt is upset because he has to travel every week and I'm having a particularly klutzy spell (I didn't tell you about knocking myself out for a few seconds by hitting my head on the mantel while decorating the cmas tree last month). And I agree...neither of us should put up with much crap at work. I hope you're off to a good start this year!

Dee*Jay-you are a pretty darn nice neighbor! And you were already in bed by 10? Wow-that's early. I made a New Years resolution to get to bed by 11:30 on work nights, but so far that's not working out for me. I think I'd be less klutzy if I got more sleep. That's what I'm going with anyway.

Today was one of those days where nothing goes right. I got to work an hour early because someone set the meetings up this week to begin before my start time. Rude! I ended up working an hour late too. So it was 10 hours of everything going wrong. The decision has to be made by Friday whether or not the system is ready for go-live on Jan 18, and there are so many critical issues. Things just aren't working right, but we're being pressured to make it happen. It's frustrating. All day I thought about coming home, putting an ice pack on my eye and going back to bed. As a matter of fact, I think I'll do that now. Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Interesting list of uses for that light! If I got one, I'd probably be pointing it at everything...and then I'd be afraid to touch anything.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, your depression glass sounds cool but uranium glass not so much. Does it glow in the dark? I am thinking it is also called carnival glass? My mom had some pieces in her collection of stuff. Ugh to having to go out and let a neighbor in at 10 pm last night. I got chilly thinking about it. Doesn’t that figure you go to bed early for a change and have to get up for something? You are a good neighbor though.

Deegee, how are you doing today? I am glad that spot will continue to shrink but I wore contacts long enough to know exactly what you mean by that spot you can’t see through. You poor thing getting hurt again. I know Matt will feel bad traveling right now. We should get T-Shirts made up that says “Warning - We Don’t Have to Put Up With your Crap!” That would get some attention, huh? My employees are about the same but I keep trying to steer them in the right way without getting nasty or negative. I am still glad to be rid of my big problem child. I am rather upset no one has asked me to write his PA. I have it all ready. Sorry to hear you had a long and frustrating day at work. I hope you are getting some rest now.

Work was busy again. I listened to several TV shows from last night while I worked so that made it nice. My former problem employee is over the cube wall so I get sick of listening to him and listen to stuff on my DVR.

Marty cooked little steaks on the grill, veggies and we finished off some mashed potatoes from Sunday. He also cooked some squash in the oven but it got way too done. Still kind of stinks in here. Oops.

That stupid 4 letter S word is in the forecast again. The glaciers are still awful on the side streets.

Have a great evening.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deegee|1452046986|3971399 said:
Interesting list of uses for that light! If I got one, I'd probably be pointing it at everything...and then I'd be afraid to touch anything.

Deegee you are so right on that. Marty said he never wants to use one in a hotel room where he is staying.

Oh no to your broken bracelet too. I had no idea I'd find so much fluorescent jewelry in my ring box.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, LOL on 10:00 being early! There are some nights it's all I can do to wait until 8:00 to get in bed!!! Of course then I read for hours, so may be that doesn't count, but getting into bed is one of the great pleasures of my day!

Curby, the glass is often called "Vaseline glass" but it see in this description it's also referred to as carnival glass (or maybe carnival is a kind of Vaseline glass...?). Apparently it actually does contain some uranium, which is what makes it glow.

"Vaseline glass is yellow or greenish-yellow glass that contains uranium dioxide as a colorant. The uranium content makes the glass fluoresce (glow) bright green under ultraviolet light. Vaseline glass is a broad category that cuts across other glass categories: it encompasses both pressed and blown glass manufactured from 1835 onward and includes, for example, carnival, opalescent, stretch, satin, cased and cut glass."

I'll post a pic of what it looks like under the light. In normal daylight it's just yellowish green. Cool stuff!

My cold is pretty miserable at the moment, and I was up off and on all night... I got done reading around 12:30 and finally fell asleep only to wake up at 2:30 and then again at 4:30 coughing like crazy. I'm sure I've exceeded the allowed number of pills per day on the cold medicine at this point but I threw away the package so I can't check. Oh well, I told my assistant so she knows what to tell the paramedics if it comes to that!

uranium_glass.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the carnival glass (uranium too funny) is very cool looking. From what I remember of the pieces my mom had they were very cool looking and I wouldn’t be surprised if they glowed in UV light. I have absolutely no idea who ended up with them or if they got thrown away. Marty likes to read in bed but I don’t. I will fall asleep. I hope your cold gets better. Some of those non-drowsy cold tablets drop my IQ by at least 40 points. And they don’t seem to help my cold. Ragweed pollen has been high here so I’ve had a sinus headache for 3 days - I am like really ragweed is high in January?

Deegee, how is your eye feeling?

Rod, is it still hot there?

I had another busy day at work. My former problem employee’s new supervisor asked to meet with me for input on his performance appraisal. She brought me his self appraisal but I gathered from her it might make me angry so I passed on reading it. She said he has admitted he did some things in my department he shouldn’t have done but still thinks he was right about how the department should be run. I pointed out that is why I am not going to read what he said. Just reviewing my notes before we met got me agitated again. Who knows if she’ll use my comments or ratings but I at least got consulted.

I met Marty for lunch. Snow is coming again tomorrow. Boo.

I mailed a letter this morning and didn’t hit any curbs at the post office. Score!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, if the cold medicine I took dropped my IQ by 40 points I'd be in negative territory, ha ha!

Yesterday was the worst I've felt with this whole cold thing. I slept on the couch last night so I would stay propped up, which I think helped my sinuses. I woke up coughing several times but did get some decent sleep, and didn't roll off the couch until around 9:00. I don't feel *too* bad today, and I've even manged to scrub the shower down and do a bit of cleaning up around the house. I haven't taken any cold meds today, but I have to take a client out this evening so I might end up popping a couple later this afternoon to make sure I'm in good shape for the showings.

Ah; the joys of the winter cold!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad you slept a little bit last night. Sometimes sleeping setting up is the only way to sleep when you are coughing. I hope you continue to feel better and get well soon.

Work was busy today. I met a friend for lunch; we hadn’t had lunch for about a month so it was good to catch up with her. Marty made homemade spaghetti sauce for supper and put it on cheese raviolis. He cuts up long skinny baguettes and makes us garlic bread. It was delicious.

The snow was coming down on the way home tonight. I don’t know if I want to peak out and see if it’s still snowing.

Tomorrow is Friday!
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

The roads were awful this morning. It rained first then got cold enough to change to snow so there was ice under the snow. I have to turn to go to work on a bridge and everyone was sliding through that corner. It’s a double turn lane so I waited until the other lane was clear. I took it slow. I waited until 5:15 to leave tonight so the traffic would have thinned out a bit. I sent Marty a text telling him I made it to work okay - his reply was he didn’t have any issues getting to work either. Walking down the steps must have been rough on him. I called him a brat.

Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

We have my company holiday party tomorrow night. They are cheap so do it after Christmas. We get dinner, a drink and they have 2 comedians come in for a show. We always go; I want that free dinner.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Marty’s watch was chirping about something at 7 so I woke up and he slept right through it. He was up with his Fallout video game until who knows what time. I am wishing I’d stayed in bed though I am still tired. I think I went to bed about 12:30.

It looks cold and snowy out. Boo.

Have a great day.
Marcy / Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I could swear Matt stayed up all night last night playing Fallout 4! I went to bed at around 3, and I was so tired I fell asleep pretty hard. When I woke up at 9:30, he wasn't in bed. I don't recall hearing him come in. When I asked if he stayed up all night, he neither confirmed or denied. That is one addictive game! I was looking at your uv light pictures again, and had forgotten you have a heart ring. Do you wear it often? I've been thinking about possibly getting a heart stone for a necklace. But as you know, I have to think about things for a few years before I decide on it! I hate that your weather is so lousy. I'm going to hate winter even more this year with Matt traveling so much. I'll be worried about him, plus who will take me to work on mornings when I'm a big chicken? I like the idea of the no crap t-shirts! I have warned people (mostly the vendor people were working with) that I'm in a foul mood and they'd better not try to pull anything on me. I used to be such a laid back person, but realized ver quickly working on this project that being laid back would get me walked all over by the vendor.

Dee*Jay-I hope your cold is better. Matt had a bad cold last weekend and he was a mess. He says it's my fault for dragging him around car dealerships in the snow. Oops! He even missed a day of work, which never happens. That glass you posted looks very cool. I don't think I've seen it. Mom has some cool looking glassware that came from my grandmothers house, but I don't know what it is. You have a thread going about shag rugs. I love mine! the cleaners do a great job getting it clean each week, but I'm sure there's stuff in there they can't get. I'm not a neat freak though, so I don't care! I'll post a pic, and don't laugh at my no decor.

My eye is driving me crazy! I wonder if this is what getting a cataract feels like. I had to "drive" during presentations at work all week this week. Meaning, I sat up front at the computer hooked to the projector and demonstrated the various functionality of our new system for the phase set to go live Jan 18. I kept having to cover my left eye because it is so blurry, and the blur was taking over being able to see with my right eye. My eyeball is sore too, but at least it's not bleeding anymore. Hopefully that means it's starting to heal. I went back to counting WW points very strictly this week, but I'm not sure I can stay with it. They have changed their point system, and everything that's not fruits and veggies is ridiculously pointy. For example, a Wendy's single without cheese and small fries will take my entire day's worth of points. I think I may go back to using my fitness pal. Have a great weekend! Marcy-have fun at your party and enjoy your free dinner!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results