clarity

Bill Cosby

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't imagine any benefit to being married to a multi-millionaire. :lol:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ask myself all the time, like why could this go on... My dad was on the board of my school.. I couldn't run to a teacher But my housekeeper kept me safe... I did my best to get invited out on weekends so I could be safe... I don't know how old this victim is and it does't matter. a victim is a victim...

Hello I was 6.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh|1451518669|3968698 said:
Hello I was 6.

Wow! :nono:

And I thought I had it bad.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh, a piece of my heart just broke off for you.

(I don't know how many times, during my years as a prosecutor, I was so thankful for the "good touch, bad touch" school programs that facilitated girls, and boys, to confide in someone who responded in a meaningful, proactive fashion... and sometimes that ivery first confidante was the mother who then took action as we'd all like to think a mother would). Fortunately, there are more resources and support for kids & teen victims, and supportive family members -- at least here in New York, even in the boondocks -- than there were in the past. I grieve, and am angry, that you were left marooned.)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MollyMalone|1451520598|3968708 said:
Kaleigh, a piece of my heart just broke off for you.

(I don't know how many times, during my years as a prosecutor, I was so thankful for the "good touch, bad touch" school programs that facilitated girls, and boys, to confide in someone who responded in a meaningful, proactive fashion... and sometimes that ivery first confidante was the mother who then took action as we'd all like to think a mother would). Fortunately, there are more resources and support for kids & teen victims, and supportive family members -- at least here in New York, even in the boondocks -- than there were in the past. I grieve, and am angry, that you were left marooned.)

Many many thanks... My story needs to be told and am willing to go forward to make it told. I was a little girl... I did not file.. Nor did I know I could file such a thing... I did know something wasn't right... And No one was looking out for me...

You go to school, well Dad was on the board.. So I kept quiet..

And thus I hate what is happening with anything involving abuse and the like....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh|1451515474|3968659 said:
As a survivor of sexual abuse I pray that Mr. Cosby gets the book thrown at him... I lived for years being abused by my father, and he was such a high profile person I felt I could not ask for help. My own mother saw with her eyes but didn't want to deal...
sorry to hear this story Kaleigh... :(sad

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2dolls|1451515866|3968666 said:
My question is...
Where was his wife during all of these incidents? Many happened at their home and the women claimed she was home. Could she have known all these years and turned a blind eye?

I'm going to be frank: If he's a revered rich person, so is she by marriage. And I'm guessing if he got his necrophiliac rapist rocks off on someone not herself, well win/win.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2dolls said:
My question is...
Where was his wife during all of these incidents? Many happened at their home and the women claimed she was home. Could she have known all these years and turned a blind eye?
Think 6, of the 50 women who have come forward, have said they were violated inside a Cosby home (for a number of years, the Cosbys simultaneously owned 4 residences). IIRC Carla Ferrigno is the only one who's said that Camille Cosby was under the same roof. Bill Cosby roughly grabbed-pulled her (Carla) to him & kissed her hard on the mouth before she shoved him away, back in 1967. It's not obvious to me, from this lengthy interview Ms. Ferrigno gave to The Daily Mail, that Camille would be aware of anything untoward in the pool room.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2842678/Bill-Cosby-used-friend-court-wife-Incredible-Hulk-star-Lou-Ferrigno-set-comic-home-attacked-Camille-Cosby-left-room.html

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1451539924|3968808 said:
mom2dolls said:
My question is...
Think 6, of the 50 women who have come forward, have said they were violated inside a Cosby home (for a number of years, the Cosbys simultaneously owned 4 residences). IIRC Carla Ferrigno is the only one who's said that Camille Cosby was under the same roof. Bill Cosby roughly grabbed-pulled her (Carla) to him & kissed her hard on the mouth before she shoved him away, back in 1967. It's not obvious to me, from this lengthy interview Ms. Ferrigno gave to The Daily Mail, that Camille would be aware of anything untoward in the pool room.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2842678/Bill-Cosby-used-friend-court-wife-Incredible-Hulk-star-Lou-Ferrigno-set-comic-home-attacked-Camille-Cosby-left-room.html

I think he probably had Camille hooked on Quaaludes or sleeping pills or something and, if he was attacking women within their home while Camille was there, she was also knocked out.

You know, it's funny; growing up watching The Cosby Show I never had any great love for Dr. H. I freaking LOVED Lisa Bonet, Phylicia Rashad, Keisha Knight-Pullium, and Tempest Bledsoe, though. I thought the women on the show were fantastic, just fantastic. Didn't really give a whit about Cosby himself--to me, he played kind of a dolt who was just tolerated by the women. And maybe I never took him seriously in that role because he did Picture Pages and talked about J-e-l-l-o just a couple years before TCS.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If his wife knew nothing about the abuse while it was taking place, she knows about it now. i'm very surprised she has not filed for divorce. She could live very comfortable on her half of the settlement. This whole standing by her man thing makes me sick. She knows in her heart that there is no way all these women are lying. You can hear the pain in their voices during so many of their interviews. They had nothing to gain by coming forward. I get a sick feeling just looking at this jerk on TV. I can't imagine living with this monster.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1451515562|3968662 said:
His countersuits will go nowhere. It may stall some things, but his days of hiding are really over. He needs to be more worried about the criminal charges which were recently filed.

To be left without his career, his past sullied, his former friends turned against him, his family humiliated, his co-workers appalled, his professional affiliations ended, his endowments returned, his name all but erased from the yearbooks of the schools he attended, no one anywhere wanting anything to do with him . . . that's all a mighty high price to pay for some tail back in the day. And now he can add possible jail time to his list of woes. You have to wonder how one man can be so brilliant and yet be such a fool.

It never pays to think with one's appendage. And he obviously has let the little guy make most of his decisions in years past.

But let's be honest about a few things, at least. The people who enabled him, knew what he was doing. The girls who were offered X, Y or Z, and met up with him anyway, knew what he was asking of them. The only women who have a case are those who said "No", or those who were drugged so that they could not say "No". Anyone else was just playing the same games he was.

Your post makes it sound like Cosby was some serial philanderer who, being rich & famous, took advantage of his status and oblivious? indifferent? wife to satisfy his sexual whims. Like a real life Don Draper. But, if the allegations are true, Cosby is a vile rapist. This has nothing to do with "thinking with his dick." I'd bet that Cosby could have found plenty of willing women to legally hook up with if all he wanted was to satisfy libido and an urge for variety. No, if he's guilty, it wasn't about sex but about gruesome rape.

I don't know what you mean by X, Y, and Z but if a woman was summoned by him to talk about her career, why should she "know what is being asked of her?" I don't know every detail of all the allegations, so maybe I missed something, but I'm not aware that there are women that agreed to have sex with him that are now claiming it was rape. What I have read is a an astonishing number of stories where women describe pretty much the same disgusting scenario - they are invited over, he shows great interest, he drugs and rapes (or tries to rape) them.

I hope he gets a fair trial and if guilty, rots in jail for the rest of his life.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1451583878|3968957 said:
If his wife knew nothing about the abuse while it was taking place, she knows about it now. i'm very surprised she has not filed for divorce. She could live very comfortable on her half of the settlement. This whole standing by her man thing makes me sick. She knows in her heart that there is no way all these women are lying. You can hear the pain in their voices during so many of their interviews. They had nothing to gain by coming forward. I get a sick feeling just looking at this jerk on TV. I can't imagine living with this monster.

Maybe she will, but I doubt it. They've been married for over 50 years. While it may be news to us, it was apparently spoken about for years. Whatever lies she told herself back then she'll likely continue to believe.

Kaleigh, I'm so sorry. I don't know what kind of peace you've made with your mother so I hope you're not offended by this - but in my opinion your mother's inaction is just as bad as your father's actions. Parents are supposed to protect their children. You know that, you've given your own children your best. Years ago I had a friend whose mother stayed with her stepfather after it came to light that he was abusing her and her younger sister for years. The friend's older sister found out and became the legal guardian of both younger girls when they were teens - and still the mother stayed with this monster. In my eyes, that betrayal was even worse than the abuse.

Q

Queenie60

Today I listened to an interview on KGO Radio here in the Bay Area. Rick Bartalini, a Northern California concert promoter. He handled most of Cosby's gigs here in No. California. He spoke honestly about his experiences with Cosby. Told many stories about his personality and how he would scream and yell constantly and make strange demands of Bartalini. You can tap into this interview on KGO 810 and listen to it online. It's from the Chip Franklin program on KGO. Very interesting to hear.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh your story deeply saddens me. Hugs to you!
I get so angry these animals are basicly protected by the silence of others. We need to pull back these codes of silence and expose these monsters for what thay are. Money, status or security are not reasons to protect these predators. Stand up for the victims!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1451518669|3968698 said:
I ask myself all the time, like why could this go on... My dad was on the board of my school.. I couldn't run to a teacher But my housekeeper kept me safe... I did my best to get invited out on weekends so I could be safe... I don't know how old this victim is and it does't matter. a victim is a victim...

Hello I was 6.

Kaleigh, thank you for sharing some of your story. I volunteer with a children's reading program and your words remind me to bring even the smallest things to the attention of the staff. I see plenty of kids that don't seem to have anyone looking out for their basic care much less anything else. I'm glad your housekeeper tried to protect you, but can't help wishing that your Mom could have done more. It's the silence that sometimes is the most heartbreaking part. Sending you big hugs! :wavey:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Camille can't divorce him now. If she does she would have to testify against him. If she is married to him they cannot force her to.

Cosby was known, back in the day, for 'helping' people with their careers. It is possible that these women fell for that line. He was definitely a power broker in Hollywood who could advance careers. High price to pay.

Kaleigh, I am so sorry for what you had to go through. It must be so difficult now to have to take care of your mom. Big hugs to you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh, I am so sorry for all you went through and it breaks my heart that you didn't have any adult stand up for you and take action. (((HUGS))).

Bill Cosby is a horrible person and I hope he gets what he deserves. There should be no statute of limitation on rape.
Rules made by men and upheld by men. Makes me sick. :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:
What a travesty. Bill Cosby belongs in jail locked up like the common criminal he is for the rest of his days. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind words. Having to take care of my Mom is a tough one, since she knew how I had a hard way to go. I ended up trusting no one. Funny thing is, I wouldn't change a thing.. I like who I am. I am caring and compassionate and have a lot of empathy.

I will follow this closely. I pray those victims get their day in court and that he is held accountable. I am so sick of everyone and their brother getting off.

It's the reason why people don't go forward.. They feel they won't be heard...

My mother speaks terribly of my dad, but has not said she's sorry she didn't protect me. Its done and over... I just try to bite my toungue and care for her as best as I can.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh, I was raised by abuser parents. They are now 85. Its my experience, and the comment of 4 therapists over the years, that the enabling parent is *not* sorry, and the older they get, the more invested in all the lies, secrets, and self-excusing rationales. I finally went No Contact and with that, I freed myself. (Not advice for you or anyone, just my experience.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results