shape
carat
color
clarity

This is my first Orchid re-bloom ever!..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1405886525|3717212 said:
Gorgeous! Well done DF!

I have a few phalaenopsis that rebloom every year, but they are easy orchids.
For unknown reasons I can't keep these alive.. :confused:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1405896923|3717274 said:
Pretty DF! I have one that has 4 stocks of blooms on it! Its one happy plant. My other 2 are just finishing up for the year.
I'll have to post next time that are all in bloom.
Yes, You must.. :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I killed this plant a couple years ago. I wanted to replace it but I don't know the name of the plant.. :(sad orchid%20001.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purchased (8) orchid plants in the past 3 months, but so far only 2 have had bloomed.

img_8463.jpg

img_8464.jpg

royalwalk_little_dipper.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!

Though I have none now I love keeping orchids because they can last years and years and it's such a nice surprise when they bloom.

Same with african violets.
Gotta get some of these guys.

DF, this would be a nice setting for a loose large Octavia. :naughty:

octavia_setting.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Kenny! Once you get the conditions just right, orchids become very low maintenance.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, DF. Orchids are tricky, regardless of what the experts say. Fluorescent lights & regular feeding will help Adrican Violets bloom, too.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! :appl: I've never tried orchids because in my care they'd probably die. But I have some 30 year old aloes that bloom every 4-5 years. They just get left alone to do their thing. Some people think we're joking but uh uh, they might get watered once a month if we think about it. At the moment, the 2 giants are in 60inch pots.... too darn big to move anymore so they're on rollers. It takes 2 gallons to water each pot.

One of my friends got a cutting and nearly killed it. I had to take it back, nurse it back to health, then give it back to her and told her to stop watering it every week :-o

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1435579960|3896202 said:
Congrats, Kenny! Once you get the conditions just right, orchids become very low maintenance.
Hmmm, thought Kenny started keeping orchids too but upon re-reading, he hasn't. The congratulations should go to DF instead. Sorry!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1435606406|3896417 said:
Chrono|1435579960|3896202 said:
Hmmm, thought Kenny started keeping orchids too but upon re-reading, he hasn't. The congratulations should go to DF instead. Sorry!

Ah Dang, Chrono! ;(
I wanted the credit for DF's work ... I also want his Octavia. :naughty:

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
congrats dancing fire. I am an orchid lover too! My kitchen sink is East-south facing so I keep them behind there with window open 24hrs a day. I think they are a lot of fun with a peculiar personality.

Sadly, mine died after two years of owning because I found out i was supposed to repot to late. But I just restart and remember to repot!

Congrats again and have fun watching them get taller! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful DF!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam Bijoux|1435602382|3896382 said:
Congratulations, DF. Orchids are tricky, regardless of what the experts say. Fluorescent lights & regular feeding will help Adrican Violets bloom, too.
I did use fluorescent light for a couple of years, but then found these "LED growth lights" do a much better job of substituting natural sun lights. When the lights are on it turns the plants into a purple color. My backyard neighbor probably think that I am growing them illegal plants.. :lol: btw, which does use the same type of lights... :wink2:

img_8467.jpg

img_8468.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, thanks for giving me credit for blooming these two plants, but the truth is that both plants was in bloom at the time of purchases. However, This plant under my care.. :praise: should bloom within the next 8 days.

img_8470.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My latest bloom...

img_8555.jpg

img_8556.jpg

img_8557.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF,
I love this colour. Congrats on your blooming orchid! :appl:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DF,

I love your flowers and your fish. Keep showing them--the jewels of the plant world.

Annette

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It must be very, very happy in your home DF. I've never gotten orchids to rebloom, but have had success with christmas cactus'.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Chrono and Annette.. :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A winter bloom...

img_10309.jpg

img_10310.jpg

Q

Queenie60

It's gorgeous. I have one blooming too. But not that beautiful purple! Enjoy :love:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful orchids, DF!!

I used to have a Miltonia orchid that bloomed every year for about 8 years until I managed to kill it. :roll: I've never been able to get one to live (or bloom again) since. I'll have to try some of those LED grow lights as I love orchids!!!

What's kind of funny is that I gave my Mom an orchid last Valentine's Day. She has a few different houses so she is only occasionally at the house that has the orchid. When I remember I go over and water it- and it has bloomed continually for almost a year straight!! It is on it's third blooming cycle this year!! I've decided that it must thrive on neglect-lol.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I love the orchids in this thread! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1451476513|3968365 said:
Beautiful orchids, DF!!

I used to have a Miltonia orchid that bloomed every year for about 8 years until I managed to kill it. :roll: I've never been able to get one to live (or bloom again) since. I'll have to try some of those LED grow lights as I love orchids!!!

What's kind of funny is that I gave my Mom an orchid last Valentine's Day. She has a few different houses so she is only occasionally at the house that has the orchid. When I remember I go over and water it- and it has bloomed continually for almost a year straight!! It is on it's third blooming cycle this year!! I've decided that it must thrive on neglect-lol.
I have killed many orchids in my lifetime... :oops:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another purple bloom.

img_10316.jpg

img_10317.jpg

img_10318.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, they are very beautiful!

I'm jealous. =)
I buy them in bloom but the never live long enough to bloom again. ;(

Now I don't want to even try to keep house plants because we have a parrot that flies around the house and chews on stuff.

We birdbrains have a saying, "A bird's gotta chew what a bird's gotta chew." :boohoo:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1451506863|3968589 said:
DF, they are very beautiful!

I'm jealous. =)
I buy them in bloom but the never live long enough to bloom again. ;(

Now I don't want to even try to keep house plants because we have a parrot that flies around the house and chews on stuff.

We birdbrains have a saying, "A bird's gotta chew what a bird's gotta chew." :boohoo:
My Amazon parrot stays in his cage.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty DF...I love the delicate lilac color!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results