carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Congrats Bobbin!! I was going to say that a line is a line is a line, but I suppose the digital test works as well ;-)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bella_mezzo|1447946228|3951724 said:
I guess I will optimistically post here. The journey to my first son (now 7) was adoption, the journey to my second son (now almost 2) was 4 years of actively TTC and 2 months of Clomid.

I got a clomid scrip at my annual appt last week and plan to start taking it in January...hopefully 2016 will welcome baby #3 to our family...

Bella, I've been here for years, so kinda know your journey a bit. I hope your stay here is short and sweet. Here's to a 2016 baby!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

So about a week ago, a boy at Cayden's daycare told him 'Your mommy has a big tummy so she's having a baby!!' Yeah, after 3 years of us trying to explain to him why it's harder for us. Also, thanks infertility drugs for the extra 40 lbs in 3 months. Aside from me wanting to beat up a 4 year old, I thought after the talk I had with Cayden that we had moved on and everything was fine.

Cut to tonight and he sees a toy for a baby on tv and says 'he wants to get that for the baby.'
I say 'what baby?'
He says 'the baby that is coming to live with us, the baby girl'

Apparently he still thought I was pregnant this whole week and I had to explain to him that mommy doesn't have a baby in her tummy and he just broke down crying. Man, I feel so terrible :(( He was talking about all his friends have siblings and he's the only one that doesn't.

Aside from feeling crappy because of that, I'm convinced I have another cyst on my left ovary about to explode because I feel unbearably sick and lots of pain in that spot.

Ugh, anyways, I hope y'all had a better Thanksgiving than I did.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Woohoo, yay, bobbin! congratulations!! Haha, I just noticed that 4 days after I said hi & welcome back (I know I wasn't prompt with it, but still!) you got your BFP -- talk about a short stay! Thanks for posting the stick pictures!! :D

Hugs, RT. :( That stinks. But I bet you know in your heart that Cayden will be totally fine; he's so lucky to have you all to himself (little does he know ;-) ) and with your new clinic hopefully it won't be that way for long!

Hey there, bella! Glad to have your company, fingers crossed that the second time around everything falls into place quickly for you!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Well ladies,

I've got a special day lined up at the infertility spa on the 17th! First, we'll start by analyzing everything that's wrong with me and then move on to the uber relaxing vaginal ultrasound. After that, we'll get rid of some of the impurities in my blood by taking about 6 vials worth for testing. Once I'm dizzy and feeling ultra sexy, we'll finish up with an SA for DH.

You know you're jealous.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Ha, RT, you made my day with that post. Have a faaaaaaaahbulous time, lady. :) (my day = temp plunge on 13DPO after negative test yesterday, almost certainly making me a card-carrying member of TTC6+... so, heh. :(sad )

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

This isn't about me but a friend :)) She went in yesterday to do a transfer and they only had one viable blast (I think that's the term?) Anyways, the transfer went really well and now she is in the waiting game for 2 weeks. This is their last attempt at IVF since it costs so much so please, please send all your good vibes and thoughts and prayers to Colorado this month :)) :wavey:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Anyone around? I just need a pity party.

Found out that they charge $175 for the consultation at the RE, plus payment is due for any services rendered the day of. It's certain they will do an ultrasound plus bloodwork. That's looking at close to $500. At Christmas. And DH's bonus at work didn't come through when they said it would. Which was intended to be used to pay for all of this.

It is so %$&#ing unfair that there are women out there who abuse their children that can get pregnant at the drop of a pin. And then there's me- at my freaking 3.5 year mark who has to shell out thousands upon thousands of dollars, go through multiple surgeries and hormone treatments, deal with the fact that this disease not only causes infertility but severe pain on top of it all.

I just don't understand it.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Hi RT. The day-of payment requirement and missing bonus are definitely frustrating surprises, especially in combination. :(( I don't think there's a woman out there who has experienced infertility who hasn't considered how unjust/unfair/crappy it feels. You're definitely not alone - sending lots of virtual hugs, a glass of wine, and chocolate your way.

AFM, for the first time in my life I was HAPPY to be nearly caught off guard by AF. She showed up w/o any spotting, something she hasn't done for a very very long time. Instead of 3-6 days of spotting, my only warnings were PMS symptoms ...dropping things, being really cranky, and some cramps around bedtime. So, today is technically the start of my 2nd cycle since surgery - the first began just 2-3 days post-op, so there was nothing normal about that AF. The lack of spotting now, when everything is nearly done healing, has me nervously hopeful that maybe, just maybe, we are heading toward greener pastures. :pray: We are allowed to start trying again this cycle...it's going to be a rough TWW.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Congrats Bobbin!

Thanks for the welcome Kama. I hope that your stay here is short as well!

Evergreen, "hi"!

RT-I am sorry on all fronts, those are difficult circumstances.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

ARGH, RT, that is SO frustrating. I've lately been wringing my hands over the costs of what used to be "extreme" - and now are ordinary - measures we readily offer to sick and dying 80- and 90-year-olds (transcatheter aortic valve replacements, ventricular assist devices as "destination therapy," both $200,000+ propositions that because "Medicare will pay for it" are automatically appropriate, necessary, and ethical :-o )... Even though the hospital where I work just did two TAVRs today in sick 80-year-olds ($400,000!) which our country will generously pay for, your $500 visit that could enable you and your husband to hopefully start a new, loved, healthy, productive life is a huge financial strain on your family. Riddle me the ethics of THAT. We hate the sound of healthcare rationing, but truly there is only so much financial support to go around, and I'd rather see 800 families in your situation get started with a really good RE... [/soapbox]

Anyway. :blackeye: Hugs. It is definitely NOT fair.

Woohoo, lady, for AF's welcome arrival! Only time I've ever seen someone be glad she was a surprise. ;-) Are you temping? Glad you can start trying again this cycle, good luck with maintaining sanity. :shifty:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I'm feeling a little better today (as it turns out, I realized I forgot to take my depression meds the last 2 days so I'm sure that had something to do with it). Thanks for all the kind words ladies :))

I just wanted to update on my friend I had mentioned a few posts back who was doing IVF at CCRM. This was her second round, $60,000 in...and it failed :(( My heart breaks so hard for her. I can't even imagine trying to get on with Christmas after that.

Sending good thoughts out to all the ladies on here, hoping you get Holiday blessings!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ladyciel, yay for AF! Hope this cycle is IT for you.

Evergreen, so true. Globally we are seeing healthcare systems are simply not sustainable, with health and drug costs rising and the pool of resources shrinking. In Canada, there are many heated discussions on when to draw the line for older patients, not just for those with, say, metastatic cancer but even as simple as dyslipidemia. The cost-benefits at a certain age just don't make sense, but how do you tell your own grandparent that after giving to the economy for the past 80 years, s/he is now going to be cut off? Tough decisions.

As for me, I am focusing on a small win today. I only began OPKing this cycle and got my first positive test today! Of course, we had to celebrate by doing the deed ;-)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm about 11 dpo and had spotting, which I've never had. Took a test not expecting anything. Got this. Freaking the F out.

image-1072699785.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

amc80|1450479943|3963245 said:
I'm about 11 dpo and had spotting, which I've never had. Took a test not expecting anything. Got this. Freaking the F out.

Oh shit, that's a BFP! Did you end up ovulating late?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover said:

Oh, that was last month, and I did O when I thought I originally did.

Just took more tests. OMG.

image-818742068.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Wow AMC--congrats!!! and what a surprise!!! How are you doing?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo said:
Wow AMC--congrats!!! and what a surprise!!! How are you doing?

I'm super shocked. I can't even process it right now. I know once things settle a bit I will be excited. DH thought I was kidding at first. He's excited and happy, but stressed about the cost of a third.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats AMC! What an awesome Christmas gift! :appl: :wavey:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
random_thought said:
Congrats AMC! What an awesome Christmas gift! :appl: :wavey:
Thank you! Hopefully you'll be right behind me!

April20

Ideal_Rock

AMC I am totally late to the party but O.M.G. I am sure once the shock wears off you'll be fine. :). Congrats!

Secretly, I really want a second. DH absolutely does not. So I'm secretly hoping for an oops.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Just posted my congrats in the JBP thread, but wanted to say congrats again! And I'm so interested in following your journey having a third since I'm all set with 2 and my husband "hopes for an oops" every month. So I would be in your shoes (freaking out) and my husband would be jumping for joy.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Went to a church service last night for people going through a hard time at Christmas. I ugly cried through the whole thing, ugh ;(

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

amc80|1450488550|3963304 said:
Asscherhalo_lover said:

Oh, that was last month, and I did O when I thought I originally did.

Just took more tests. OMG.

Congratulations, amc80!!!

Huff26

Rough_Rock

Very cautiously dipping my toe ever so slightly into the water here.

This month we are going back on Keto, which is the diet we used to conceive last time. We are not going to do any meds until March, when G turns 1, if nothing happens the next 3 cycles.

I am so nervous- I don't even remember how it happened last time. I know I POAS a lot… and we used every measure known to man other than going to a fertility clinic. Preseed, Clomid, healthy diet, no alcohol, etc.

So I guess… wish me luck in the new year! Maybe in 2016 we will be adding our second little one!

PS did anyone get nervous about going for two? Our little boy is the center of our lives and so incredibly sweet. I'm nervous about a second one upsetting the balance when I love this little guy to pieces.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Good luck, huff!

I don't think I really thought a whole lot about going from one to two. But, it was really, really hard. I expected it to be twice as hard, but it was easily 10x as hard. B wasn't quite to the age where he could entertain himself, so I had to play with him while taking care of a newborn. I'm a bit terrified that #3 will only be 18 months younger than T.

Sorry, that probably wasn't helpful.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

I'm also getting ready to jump into the TTC waters. My daughter is almost 11mos old and we're trying for an approx 2 year age difference. Huff, I'm in your same boat - worried about loving the 2nd child as much as I love #1 and really worried about the extra work. I know you had some pregnancy problems, and even though my pregnancy was uncomplicated so I shouldn't complain, I'm still not looking forward to doing it all over again. It took me 6 months to feel and look more like my normal self, and I've been told by multiple friends that it's even harder to bounce back after #2 (and some people never do!).

I'm still bfing and pumping for my daughter but plan to stop when she turns 1 on Feb 1. I'm also still on the mini-pill but will stop those at the end of this year.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

I was really excited to TRY for #2, but as my due date crept closer, I started worrying about how we were going to still devote as much time to our first, how she would feel about the upcoming changes, etc. Once our second was born, the worry went out the window (my first--who turned 2 a week after our second DD was born--was really excited to have a baby sister). They were pretty much attached at the hip from the beginning and now at nearly age 2 and 4 they play together all the time. Now I find it funny that I ever had reservations since my first is so happy to have a sister. That being said, I think it's completely normal to have some fear about adding another to your family beforehand.

Huff26

Rough_Rock

amc80: I really appreciate the honesty- I am truly nervous about the balance of a second child. Sometimes I just feel like I am not so great at it and it takes all my energy and concentration to be a good one for G. And he's a really good baby you know?
Plus I am nervous about another preemie- having one was just so so so hard and I can't imagine juggling another child with a preemie.
At the same time I was an only child and I hated it. I really wanted a sibling to always play with. Now I know there's no guarantee they will play with each other but… you know what I mean.

SMC: I hear you. Whether you had a great pregnancy or not, it was still being PREGNANT. The back pain, the morning sickness, the emotions, the huge enormity of carrying another life… it's all stressful. I am just so wishy washy because I want another baby, but I don't want for everything to change.

NewEnglandLady: I think it's great they get along so well. Do you think it would have been different though if you had a boy instead of another girl? Also I think girls even that young love the idea of being a mommy, so I wonder if that has any merit with your first being so accepting.

Honestly, I am just all over the place. On one hand, I was like this with my first. Scared to death but I wanted one. Now I couldn't imagine life without our little guy. I am just afraid that if I have a girl, or even a boy, they won't get along or we won't get along. How do you know when you are ready to have a second, third, etc? Why did you guys make the choice to have a another child?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Huff, I think my first would have been just as smitten if we'd had a boy. Any baby would have been fine by her!

I just wrote a really long post about my mental transition from one to two (and how I can't seem to make the mental shift to number three), but it was very me-centric. So to sum it up, I found that because we'd always agreed to have 2 (and agreed that they would be 2-3 years apart), I was always in the mental state of wanting a second, even right after our first was born. And because all of my HUGE life adjustments happened with the first, I didn't have nearly as tough of a time with number 2. We already had all the stuff. We already had a really solid routine. We'd already changed our lives. And we are very lucky that we had a naturally sweet older sister coupled with a very easy baby, which is completely out of our control. Even as they've gotten older (and are involved in a lot more activities), it's still fairly easy for DH and I to split up for activities and reconvene for meals/naps.

I had a lot of fear before having our first. Remember the hundreds of hours you spent researching all the stuff you need? And thinking about how completely different your life would be once it revolved around meal times and nap times? And the CPR classes, the sleep-training books, the L&D courses at the hospital? That's all reserved for baby #1. When it comes to baby #2, your primary fear is how it's going to affect your first.

I can't tell you when you know if you're ready because I'm too much of a planner--it truly determines my mental state, which is...probably not healthy. I can't seem to do things by feel very well, if that makes any sense. It seems like if you're a little open to a second now, that feeling will probably grow with time. And I wish you tons of tons of luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results