shape
carat
color
clarity

PriceScope 2015 $5,000 Holiday Giveaway

Snowflakes9

Rough_Rock
Happy holidays!
I would like to share my special bling that I bought for my wife for our 4 year wedding anniversary.

I wasn't able to buy my wife an engagement ring because it wasn't something we could afford at the time and my wife was very understanding about it.

I promised her that I would buy her a ring on our 5 th anniversary but I surprised her on our 4 th!

I learned everything about diamonds on pricescope! Thank you so much for such valuable information!

_35745.jpg

_35746.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My "Holiday Bling" this year is a pre-loved pair of 0.16tcw Tiffany 18kt YG bezel studs and a teeny new pair of 10mm 14kt YG hoops ... I've been looking for years for two pairs of earrings that I can keep always in my 2nd & 3rd ear piercings, and finally came across them - even though not large-ticket items, I just love them and am happy my long search is finally over - and DH loves the look too (yay)!

ebay_tiffany_earrings_-_121823368194_1.jpg

and of course an ear shot (sorry it is blurry - ear shots are very difficult to take!)

img_20151219_184644827_-_xx.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy holidays Pricescope!! Thank you for this fun contest, and good luck everyone!

My special and most cherished piece is my antique cushion ring. I had never seen old cut diamonds before I discovered PS, and I fell HARD. I feel so lucky and honored to be the steward of this stone with all of the time and history it represents. I'm so grateful to all of you Pricescopers who have taught me so much! (and entertained me too). :wavey:

_1174.jpeg

MC08

Rough_Rock
How generous of Linh and Andrey :) Thank you for the fun contest and for hosting such a wonderful community of jewelry-lovers!

I love reading all of the stories about why a certain piece (or pieces) of jewelry is special.

My engagement ring is my special piece:

image_109.jpg

Not to be a total sap, but my ER is special because it reminds me of the guy who gave it to me. My fiance and I are celebrating our 4-year anniversary today and getting married in just 80 days. I have never been so happy in my life. :love:

Happy holidays to everyone!

caratsearcher

Rough_Rock
This is my wifes engagement ring, chosen after extensive consultation with Pricescope. Its special bling because of its personal significance to us, and also holiday bling because the proposal was during a special New Years break away together.

ec_pics_2_175.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Linh! Welcome! :appl:

I posted Bubbles, the 7.49 ct Loliondo spessartite garnet from GemFix/Andrew Gulij. Its special because I learned a lot about colored stones and when I was at Tucson during the last recession I saw this jawdropper (big AND the correct Fanta color) and Andrew gave me an amazing deal on the stone. I PASSED ON IT! Could not sleep that night. Went back the next day and bought it. It just felt like this stone must be mine! :love: The ring is also special because it had some real hiccups in the setting of it and my PS buddies pointed out all its other qualities once I received it, and I fell in love with the ring (even though it does not have the prongs I wanted). Your friends on PS will be there every step of the way for you during a project. Ya got ta have friends!

img_20150423_133724_hdr_kindlephoto-3891669.jpg

njs86

Rough_Rock
Here are some pictures of my Christmas blin and why it is important to me. Through price scopes help I was able to sort through the overwhelming amount of information and pick a beautiful Brian Gavin Diamonds engagement ring for my (as of December 21, 2015) fiancée. I'll let you read her experience of our night because her words describe her experience better than I can. After all, her joy and excitement is the reason I love these diamonds you all helped me find.

Quote from my fiancées Facebook:

Hello everyone!! I was pretty lost for words last night when I posted about our ENGAGEMENT!! I think they call it shock or something?

Last night truly feels like a dream! Nick and I always make sure to do something “festive” for Christmas so when he asked me if I wanted to go see the lights at grouse mountain, I didn’t think anything of it. When he picked me up from work, he looked SO handsome. He had gotten a haircut that afternoon and even trimmed his beard! That should have been my first clue really….He had even packed a picnic, a thermos full of coffee for us to take up there and a caesar for the me to sip on the ride up! Nope, still clueless, he's just being a sweetie as usual. When we got to the top of Grouse, I obviously needed to go to the bathroom so this was the perfect time for nick to get the ring out of his backpack and put it into his pocket. You’re welcome.

We left the chalet and headed down towards the beautiful light walk. It was absolutely magical! Anyone who knows me, knows winter and more specifically snow is my absolutely favorite. The trees were so covered with snow they were curling over at their tops, twinkling lights led the way through something that had to be out of a fairytale. As we walked, we joked about the favorable odds of me tumbling down the side of the embankment or you blowing your knee out again as we tried not to slip. I snapped pictures as you held my coffee and I couldn’t take enough to capture how beautiful the forest looked. As we came around the final corner, there was the most romantic bridge I’ve ever seen. It was covered in lights and backlit by rows and rows of more lights hovering over a blanket of untouched snow. So incredibly "picturesque" i think i mumbled. We could just barely hear the Christmas carols in the distance when i realized we were alone! The paths were full of kids just moments ago but they seemed to have miraculously disappeared. We were all alone except for one couple who was just exiting the other side of the bridge. Knowing me very very well, nick called them back and asked them if they could take a picture of us. Still no idea. We posed for one shot and then from the corner of my eye I saw him turn towards me. He had the most adorable grin on his face as he slowly pulled a box from his pocket. At this point I think I blacked out. I’m sorry I can’t recall all of your beautiful words but was so overcome with emotion. You were down one knee and asking me for forever. YES!!

We soaked in every second of that moment. Standing on the bridge not wanting to move. How amazing to have a picture of the actual proposal. Thank you again to the couple on the bridge who I’m sure he surprised just as much as me! We will cherish these pictures forever. After I stopped squealing, we sipped champagne over the lights of Vancouver as Nick told me all about the ring and what family was in on the big secret. Turns out most family knew as nick had asked my mom for her blessing earlier that week and had even visited my dad’s memorial to get his too. He even made sure my sister Katie, who is on the other side of the world felt included. Even his family knew! You sneaky buggers!

This left me absolutely speechless. The amount of love and thought that went into this perfect moment is hard to describe in words. I feel truly loved by you nick and I’m so excited to spend the rest of my life with you.
I love you my fiancé!!!! eeee!

Thank you for all your kind words! We can’t wait to celebrate with all of you!

p.s. i'll post more pictures of the ring tonight! gotta get my nails done stat!

xoxo <3 Lauren

Anyways thanks folks and good luck to all the participants. If I win she gets the matching wedding band early!

_35753.jpg

_35754.jpg

_35755.jpg

_35756.jpg

sparkleloo

Rough_Rock
Hello! I have been reading Pricescope for quite some time and love looking at all of the beautiful pieces here!

Here is my beloved holiday bling. It is a 0.71 I VS2 BGD H&A in the 18k rose gold Tiffany half round setting. My husband gave it to me on the 10th anniversary of our winter engagement and it means the world to me! <3 The photo does it little justice, I'm afraid. We need a better camera! :)

Thank you so much for the amazing opportunity! Warmest wishes for happy holidays to you all! :angel:

100_9804_-_edited__2_.jpg

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
I’m happily posting my holiday Tiffany DBTY present from DH. I wasn’t expecting a gift at all as we were going to celebrate the holidays by going out for a nice meal. The gift is special, not only because it was a complete and unexpected surprise, but it revealed how much, unbeknownst to me, he was paying attention during my many Pricescope searches. Not only was he paying attention, but he really went out of his way to purchase something he knew I would love. I don’t think I’ll ever take it off. Regardless of how long one is married, a thoughtful gesture is the best gift of all! This one brought an enormous smile to my face.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

_35758.jpg

HerbCo

Rough_Rock
Below is a picture of my most recent present from my husband - ID jewelry jackets surrounding James Allen studs. I love wearing the jackets with my studs when I need a little pick me up for the day and want some extra sparkle.

image_42.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few of the most "special" sentimental pieces I own, a couple you have never seen before.....

The first piece of jewellery my husband ever gave me, when we were dating - a handmade (cast) yellow gold Cancer the crab made by a Latvian jeweller friend of his, the guy who made it has family members who were royal jewellers in Europe. I wear this like a engagement ring, it is the sentimental piece I will never part with. The claws are on a pivot so that two sections of the ends of them move like real claws. My second most precious piece is a antique diamond and 18K white gold ring with an ornate setting, the sides which you cannot see just under the head of the setting that holds the diamond have what look to be beautiful handmade scrolls in them, which belonged and was left to me by a very dear now dead Great Aunt.

My favourite every day Christmas bling. From top to bottom;
Yellow gold handmade Cancer the Crab
Pink tourmaline in Victor Canera Sophia
My great Aunt's wedding ring, 18K white gold with beautiful ornate work in the setting
Lola in a Victor Canera 8 prong setting
A genuine French cut (3 x tiny French cuts and 2 x small OMCs) Antique band I wear next to Lola and love.

christmas_no.jpg

christmas_4.jpg

Bellasky

Rough_Rock
Happy holidays to pricescope and thanks for the contest. My most precious jewelry is my 0.80ct VS2 G color Hearts on Fire diamond engagement ring. My first engagement ring was a very good cut 0.65ct SI2 E color EGL diamond, which I didn't know was not comparable to the same level of GIA and AGS when we bought it back then. After following and joining pricescope, I learned so much about diamonds that I was determine to find my dream diamond to upgrade the previous EGL diamond. So with the help of all the good people here at pricescope, I was finally able to upgrade to my dream diamond this year. I was able to find a great deal on a preloved Hearts on Fire diamond for almost half of retail cost with the help of follow pricescope members giving me advise and information to make sure I got the correct diamond. This year was special to me because I got my upgraded diamond 2 months before I got married in October. So now I wear my Hearts on Fire e-ring with my Hearts on Fire diamond wedding band happily. Thanks again to pricescope for helping me find my dream diamond.

image_236.jpg

Bling it on

Rough_Rock
Hello wonderful Pricescope community and best wishes to you all this Christmas season!

Just posting to show off my holiday bling for 2015 which I received in this past week. Funny how bling just adds that little 'something' to the holiday festivities! The ring is a 0.83ct marquise (H, Si2, 9.13 X 5.05 mm) in a custom cathedral setting by My Diamond Zone and they came up with this beauty within a very tight budget. I am oh so pleased.

It is special to me as I've worked really, really hard this year to support my family and this is a little gift to myself for making it through the year. I also cannot believe that I am able to have such a wonderful ring within the budget I had. My Diamond Zone really came through for me!

On top of my fave holiday beverage:

a close up:

ilya_pic1.jpg

chandon1.png

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My most special piece of jewelry is my engagement ring. I had it custom made coming up on three years ago now. It was my first (and probably only) upgrade. I found Pricescope in 2008 and my eyes were opened to all these amazing possibilities. I dreamed of creating my first custom piece and was thrilled when the day finally came to make my dreams a reality. I found out I was pregnant with our first child just a few weeks after having my "Rose" completed, also the same time I got to spend a summer with my Great Grandmother before she passed away. "Rose" brings back so many positive memories for me, in addition to being a beautiful symbol of love and fidelity for my marriage. While my diamonds may be on the smaller side when it comes to the Pricescope norm, they shine big and bright in my heart!

wp_20151010_17_51_02_pro__2_.jpg

wp_20151010_18_01_34_pro.jpg

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My special bling is my diamond studs that I recently acquired. This is my first high quality diamond jewelry that is brand new, not estate, not second hand jewelry. What is so special about these so common 3-prong diamond earrings (except their price)? Well, after over 20 years of jewelry passion, after plenty of second hand jewelry purchases and sales, I could finally afford to pay the full price of brand new high end jewelry. I personally picked up my desirable 2ctw diamonds from a catalog and now I'm a proud owner of new 2ctw J VVS Ideal cut diamonds that sparkle every day on my ears. I'm so grateful to my beloved husband as he is generous and patient with my jewelry addiction, leaving me to spend all my income for jewelry while he's paying the bills... Thank you darling! :angel:
apc240018.jpg
apc240014.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1450841975|3965132 said:
My Imogen Band by Erika Winters, now paired with my Viola to create my EW short stack. My DH bought the Imogen for me after surgery for Breast Cancer. This year has been a roller coaster ride but shiny objects help make the bumps a little easier. I told him it could be for Christmas too but I noticed a few extra packages under the tree. :Up_to_something: :naughty:
GORGEOUS stack. Are you free and clear?

I have really enjoyed reading all the wonderful stories posted here. Thank you for the generous giveaway! Merry Christmas!!

When I reflect back, just about all of my fine jewelry has been given to me in the month of December. Christmas, yes. But also for my birthday, as it comes in December as well. My pearls are very special to me. They were given to me by my Grandmama on my 21st birthday. That year I drove to her house over Christmas break, and I remember her coming in quite early that morning to wake me up so I could open my present. I had no foreshadowing of what was to come. I was so surprised! Later that day I drove the couple of hours home, and was given a matching pair of pearl stud earrings from my parents. While I wear those more often (and I wear the necklace a lot), the necklace is more special. Perhaps because I still have my parents? Grandmama and I were always very close, and we lost her this past year. I'm so thankful for her, and I am glad she gave me this special gift. It helped seal that day in my memory, and reminds me of her each time I wear it.

Here they are (recently restrung).

img_10218.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, such a wonderful thing to do for the PS community!
I will place my engagement ring because it represents a new beginning for me. I love it in every way.
It's a combination of the old and new. A fabulous OEC in a modern setting, represents leaving the past behind and moving forward.

_1196.jpeg

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have loved reading everyone's stories and seeing all the gorgeous jewelry! Mine pales in comparison, but maybe you'll enjoy reading about how I got these particular earrings.

img_2988__1_.jpg

These earrings were a belated Christmas present from my husband one year. He is active duty in the military, and was deployed to Afghanistan for a year, leaving me behind with a daughter, a son with moderate developmental delays, and a newborn. So to say it was a tough year for me that year would be putting it mildly. We decided that year to fly to my sister's for Christmas so the kids could be with family for Christmas. But when I got home, our home had been robbed and they had grabbed both of my jewelry boxes and all of my jewelry and keepsakes therein. Everything that was special to me was gone. Of course I was grateful we weren't home at the time it happened, and were safe, but losing the locks of hair from the kids' first haircuts, the trinkets my husband had bought me from various places he had been, cards and love letters, the pearls I wore to my wedding and so on was a real blow. And of course cleaning up the mess and dealing with our insurance wasn't a joy, either, lol. The internet service at the FOB my husband was at was spotty, but one night he was sitting up with some injured service members all night and he was able to connect. He logged on to the military shopping website and bought me these earrings as a late Christmas gift. After everything that year, these meant the world to me, and still do.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I think back over the last 10 years, I am so thankful to Pricescope for introducing me to outstanding diamond quality, wonderful vendors, and many new friends, most of all! :appl: I have loved reading all the posts so far and wish there was a like button!

For 2015, my most special piece added to my collection would be my upgraded ACA studs from Whiteflash! My mother gave each of us a little money earlier in the year. She is in her 80's and in a nursing home, and this probably will be her last gift to my siblings and me. So I wanted to do something special to remember her gift. I had always stayed under a carat each on my studs, but my desire was really for a carat or just over. So I found a beautiful pair of ACAs, H color, 2.3 ctw! I set them in platinum as I think they will be my final pair. I have appreciated working with WF over the years. I know I can always count on the fine quality of diamonds and jewelry that they offer.

_35771.jpg

_35772.jpg

made2lean

Rough_Rock
This piece does not look like much but its special to me. This piece has been passed down in my family from my grandparents to me. I hope to pass this down to my kids one day as well. Happy Holidays everyone!

img_0855.jpg

Octobergirl

Rough_Rock
This band is special to me as I had been looking for a CVB piece for a while before I managed to get this. It's very 'me'. I like dainty but blingy jewellery.

dsc_339.jpg

Garnet Gimlet

Rough_Rock
What a wonderful topic! I love reading all the stories behind these beautiful pieces. It's one of the reasons I love jewelry. Not only is it beautiful in its own right, but holds beautiful stories too. In a way, its a wearable memory.

I was really torn about which piece to post about. In the end, I chose the least impressive but most important piece I have. Its a little ruby ring I got from my boyfriend on our first Christmas together. We were poor college students and I saw it in Service Merchandise. I thought it was lovely and delicate. My wonderful boyfriend listened, and went back and bought it for me. It made my Christmas.

Its been 17 years, one wedding and two kids later. He's still wonderful, and still buys me jewellery every Christmas. But this ring is special and makes me smile each time I wear it.

_35773.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1450964740|3965717 said:
Mayk|1450841975|3965132 said:
My Imogen Band by Erika Winters, now paired with my Viola to create my EW short stack. My DH bought the Imogen for me after surgery for Breast Cancer. This year has been a roller coaster ride but shiny objects help make the bumps a little easier. I told him it could be for Christmas too but I noticed a few extra packages under the tree. :Up_to_something: :naughty:
GORGEOUS stack. Are you free and clear?

Yes! Caught early, clear margins, clear lymph nodes and not additional treatment because of my choices. Blessed!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I may be too late for the contest(?), but thought I would share anyway because I'm loving this thread with everyone's stories. :)
My special bling is my wedding set, which I wear daily with the watch my husband got me last Christmas. I love the all-white look with the steel/WG Datejust, platinum rings, and of course the icy white diamonds. I am proud that my husband picked out the ering himself and I know he gets a lot of pleasure out of it as well. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

_35774.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ultimate holiday piece of bling is my estate snowflake pendant that I bought from JbEG. It's 1 ct. of beautiful clear and bright F/G VVS to VS diamonds. I have nothing in my house that says Christmas this year, but I look at this piece and that's enough for me. The best diamonds are always enough for me.

I'm not very good at all at taking pictures. That's why I posted the beauty shot that was on the listing too.

jbyeg_0.jpg

img_10224.jpg

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
gemgirl|1450989703|3965886 said:
My ultimate holiday piece of bling is my estate snowflake pendant that I bought from JbEG. It's 1 ct. of beautiful clear and bright F/G VVS to VS diamonds. I have nothing in my house that says Christmas this year, but I look at this piece and that's enough for me. The best diamonds are always enough for me.

I'm not very good at all at taking pictures. That's why I posted the beauty shot that was on the listing too.

Very pretty! I like how puffy/3D the snowflake looks.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just squeaking in under the wire, here!

My favorite Christmas bling for this year is my 2 new David Klass silver bangles. They say Christmas to me because they were made as an emergency replacement after my 2 god-kids lost the original bangle they'd bought me. The way David K. and his partner Amy stepped up for me when they heard my dilemma pretty much exemplified the spirit of Christmas, the excitement my god-kids experienced when they thought their bangle had been 'found' was pure Christmas magic, and the warmth the whole experience brought me was truly joyful.

Merry Christmas, PriceScopers - looking forward to hearing about all your blessings this Christmas and in the coming year!

_35775.jpg

SeeingSunshine

Rough_Rock
My most "special bling" (my engagement ring) has yet to be completed! My SO and I have been together for over 9 years (since we were 15!) and he has been my pillar of support through all the difficult times in my life. He means so much to me and I think that's why I'm having such a hard time deciding on a setting--it needs to be perfect!

I don't have photos of my other sentimental jewelry items, but my mother's pearls and the ring my parents bought me for my 16th birthday (a tradition in our family) are also very special to me.

img_2026.jpg

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas to you all!!!
Had to think hard, but here is my special bling :love: ----these are my first jewellery, gift for my sweet 16. They were present from my father to my mom and than she gave them to me as a birthday present. They were presented to me as alexandrite earrings and i was told that the stone changes its colour accordingly to the mood of the person who wears them, i know, i know, :think: but i believed it for a while :lol:

img_10227.jpg

img_10228.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results